Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hudsonr

U2 2010

Is it true that U2 will have a new album and continue the 360 tour throughout more major european cities?

I have heard that once they finish their north american tour, then they will be taking a break until spring of next year where they will continue the 2nd legof the north american tour and then continue the 2nd leg of the european tour in the autumn. Don't know if this is rumours or not

Praying its true. So loved this tour.smile.giftongue.gif

U2 is bound to continue their touring in Europe early 2010, they're certainly going to play in Brussels Baudoin stadium. The only planned for album thisyear is a remaster from The unforgettable Fire plus all the songs of the EP Wide awake in America. Let's hope they don't rush a new record, it might mean a sudden return to the mediocrity found onHTDAAB...

hudsonr wrote:

Is it true that U2 will have a new album and continue the 360 tour throughout more major european cities?

As of now looks like they have yet to announce any plans after the NA leg 2, yet rumors have them in Europe, South America, etc in 2010....see www.atu2.com I am sure you'll find some of the rumors and that is a website that usually is close if not right on....

I see them announcing offical future plans during leg 2....they should have a good amount of press around in markets like Chicago, NYC, Boston, LA....

Future album I heard they will record in Vancover after leg 2....I am looking forward to hearing more material....and want to hear it live...Hope they doanother NA leg in the future as well....The Smaller US markets need to sell better though, sales look very slow so far (big cities have sold well though)....

the answer is that no one knows for certain what they will do though rumors are all around. best thing to do is justwait till they announce their plans and don't pay any attention to the time lines you'll find everywhere you look

Angel Eyes wrote:

the answer is that no one knows for certain what they will do though rumors are all around. best thing to do is just wait till they announce their plans and don't pay any attention to the time lines you'll find everywhere you look

Finally someone who actually KNOWS what she's talking about!!!!

Thanks AE....stop Toddv's speculations!

Ya...I said they are RUMORS....Read please....and the website atu2 does a fairly good job on info so I let people make up their own minds....But read my postagain, I said rumors....

Please don't put words in my mouth....If I said for sure they were or were not doing this or that then jump down my throat....Let adults make up their ownmind on what info they will accept and not accept....

Enjoy the rest of your night....get some sleep please....you are grumpy...even more so then usual.....

Big kiss....

OK, reading your words makes me fall asleep.......we don't put words in YOUR mouth...you spew enough words every time you post for everyone!

Steelerfan, I said rumors and thats all....gave the person a website (which a lot of fans go to) and make THEIR OWN mind up....And thats fine I make you fallasleep....you need it....

Have a great night.....

And on a positive note we'll get some live music soon....I am hoping 'some of those rumors' are true and we do get new music (as I am a fan of thiscurrent album) and we will get them going on the road again in 2010.....

Reallly!!?? There are other sites beside this one???

I didn't know that... (HUGE DOSE OF SARCASM IN CASE YOU COULDN'T TELL)!!

Steelerfan wrote:

OK, reading your words makes me fall asleep.......we don't put words in YOUR mouth...you spew enough words every time you post for everyone!

Wow. Nasty. And unnecessary. I think you need to get your eyes checked considering these rumours have been flying around for a while, and some instigated bythe band themselves. Bono has hinted at a European tour next summer, however, this interview seems to suggest South America/Australia legs are much morelikely: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8201157.stm Would love to have them back in Europe, but doesn't sound like that is likely to happen.

Tony Mac wrote:

It is well known that U2 have booked Roundhay Park in Leeds. UK for August 2010..

Well know by who? Source please!

Tony Mac wrote:

It is well known that U2 have booked Roundhay Park in Leeds. UK for August 2010..

I doubt it very much that they are booked for roundhay park.

Paul McGuinness stated earlier this year that the 360 tour was only suitable for stadiums and not flat open areas and indoor arenas.

Leeds roundhay park is an open park which rules it out.

Kenny, what if they dropped the claw? Cos if they don't they'll be playing in the same stadiums....

Ragoo wrote:

Kenny, what if they dropped the claw? Cos if they don't they'll be playing in the same stadiums....

Ragoo

I'd be fairly certain that they will be playing cities that they missed out on this year.

Places like madrid,brussels,vienna,zurich and so on...

Can't see them losing the claw for next year.

TBH i really hope they don't do Dublin either.I'd love to see them back in Cork or even Belfast.

Whaaat are you mad? No Dublin! No way! Landsdowne Road is already calling them...

Ragoo wrote:

Whaaat are you mad? No Dublin! No way! Landsdowne Road is already calling them...

Yeah fair eough Lansdowne Rd would be better than Croke Park but i'd still like to see them outside of Dublin for a change!

I suppose at the end of the day it dosen't matter where they play we will still be there..smile.gif

Am I the only one that remembers Bajagirl 'nodding and winking' at the talk of extending the tour into 2010? Nothing official, but we know she KNOWSwhat she's talking about!!!!!!

Ok then, a bit of wishful thinking about Roundhay... Does anybody have any inside info about them returning tro the UK next year? I want to see the show again.