Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

graysobe

Boo to Rescheduled Show in NYC!(Merged)

I can't believe this NY show is being rescheduled to Wednesday! I made a bunch of arrangments for that Friday show considering that it's on theweekend. I am traveling from Boston to New York and made hotel arrangements and all just to have a great U2 weekend.

Now what?! Go to the Wednesday show? Take an extra two days off from work? Add another two days at a hotel for $400? Cancel everything and get stuck paying fornothing? Live Nation should have done a better job telling the Jets that they should find some other time to schedule the Yom Kippur game. I'm Jewish, sono disrepect, but I'm sure most observing Jews could have made a Monday Night game since only the first night is of extreme importance.

Anyone else sore about this?image

--------------------
So that everyone sees this, please send an email to the New Jersey Attorney General's Office at the link posted below.

copy and paste, enter your name at the bottom
http://www.nj.gov/lps/formmail.htm

------------------

To Whom It May Concern: I was notified that the U2 concert at Giants Stadium, scheduled for Friday 9/25/09, has been rescheduled to Wednesday 9/23/09 due to ascheduling conflict with the NY Jets. In order to accommodate for the Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur, which begins at sundown on Sunday September 27, a decisionwas made to move the Jets' game time from 4:30pm to 1pm. As I understand it, the staging for the U2 show requires 2 days for disassembly. This 3 hour shiftapparently interfered with what I can only assume is a very tight schedule for the U2 staging crew. Therefore, in order to eliminate conflicting usage ofGiants Stadium, U2 management decided or agreed to reschedule the U2 concert to Wednesday.

This scheduling conflict and subsequent rescheduling is inexcusable.Many of the attendees are not from the New York/New Jersey area, and have made costly lodging and transportation plans in which many of them arenon-refundable. The U2 event was the impetus behind a visit to the New Jersey/New York region, and its rescheduling may result in cancelled visit andforfeiture of services paid for. This impact on the on the visitors could result in a lasting negative memory of the region, and will certainly result in aloss of spending in the area.

If these chain of events have shown anything, it is that Live Nationhas been extremely irresponsible in resolving the time conflict in a much more timely manner, and therefore inconsiderate of their customers who are U2 fans.We urge you to investigate the matter further to and possibly seek retribution for damages inflicted as a result of the event's rescheduling. This billiondollar company clearly believes that it is immune from legal ramifications of violating the rights of the average individual, and we sincerely hope that theAttorney General's office of New Jersey does not agree.

Respectively Yours,

XXXXXXX, A U2 Fan

I can't believe this NY show is being rescheduled to Wednesday! I made a bunch of arrangments for that Friday show considering that it's on theweekend. I am traveling from Boston to New York and made hotel arrangements and all just to have a great U2 weekend.

Now what?! Go to the Wednesday show? Take an extra two days off from work? Add another two days at a hotel for $400? Cancel everything and get stuck payingfor nothing? Live Nation should have done a better job telling the Jets that they should find some other time to schedule the Yom Kippur game. I'mJewish, so no disrepect, but I'm sure most observing Jews could have made a Monday Night game since only the first night is of extreme importance.

Anyone else sore about this?mad.gif

This just doesn't cut it guys. You should have seen this coming way earlier. We will get our tickets refunded, but hotel arrangments etc. At the time theNFL schedule was ready someone should have seen this.

I am in a similar boat! I am coming up from DC and now I have no clue what to do. The only difference is I am staying with friends but I have to deal withwork. Take Wednesday off to travel to NYC and would need to take Thursday off to travel back to DC. Maybe my boss will let me work remotely Thursday and visitclients Friday and still manage to spend the week end. Yanks playing the BoSox that week end and I haven't been to the new ballpark yet. I do have tix tosee U2 at FedEx Field the following Tuesday but I'm letting my sister have them as she is a big fan as well.

Jon01 wrote:

This just doesn't cut it guys. You should have seen this coming way earlier. We will get our tickets refunded, but hotel arrangments etc. At the time the NFL schedule was ready someone should have seen this.

We should have seen this way earlier? How do you figure? Cuz I think the Jets suck and I want to look at their schedule as soon as it comes out? The AFC isfor losers....Go Big Blue!

Graysobe Live Nation, Principle Management, New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority, New York Jets - any of them is who I'm blaming. The average fan isnot to blame. I'm lucky, I have no reservations that can't be changed - but my thoughts go out to those who don't. Sorry if my opinion wasn'tclear in my first post

graysobe wrote:

Jon01 wrote:

This just doesn't cut it guys. You should have seen this coming way earlier. We will get our tickets refunded, but hotel arrangments etc. At the time the NFL schedule was ready someone should have seen this.

We should have seen this way earlier? How do you figure? Cuz I think the Jets suck and I want to look at their schedule as soon as it comes out? The AFC is for losers....Go Big Blue!

I believe Jon01's comment was directed toward the band and not you or the ticket buyers personally. I don't see how you could think it was directed atyou.

I'm glad I bought my tickets for the first show on the 24th @ Giants Stadium. Btw... the Friday show was added after the 24th show was sold out. I guessmore proper planning could have been expected. On the other hand, these tickets went on sale in March didn't they? Was the NFL schedule done and makepublic by then? Not sure about that. And I would imagine that the officials at Giants Stadium would have had to okay the date before U2 could have soldtickets for that date, don't you think? Who really is to blame for this scheduling mix up?

graysobe wrote:

Jon01 wrote:

We should have seen this way earlier? How do you figure? Cuz I think the Jets suck and I want to look at their schedule as soon as it comes out? The AFC is for losers....Go Big Blue!

I believe Jon01's comment was directed toward the band and not you or the ticket buyers personally. I don't see how you could think it was directed atyou.

I'm glad I bought my tickets for the first show on the 24th @ Giants Stadium. Btw... the Friday show was added after the 24th show was sold out. I guessmore proper planning could have been expected. On the other hand, these tickets went on sale in March didn't they? Was the NFL schedule done and makepublic by then? Not sure about that. And I would imagine that the officials at Giants Stadium would have had to okay the date before U2 could have soldtickets for that date, don't you think? Who really is to blame for this scheduling mix up?

URGH!!! Booked my flights from England, good job not my hotel. Not sure what to do. How much time to take off school? Should I try and get thursday tickets? :s

Anyone any idea if i can change flights this close?

I am flying in from HOUSTON! I already paid for my hotel to get the cheaper rate!!! I am so angry at the #$@#%#$ JETS!!! like they didn't know this monthsago !!!!

That's strange.....

There are 6 NFL games scheduled after 4:00pm EST on Sunday.........are they being rescheduled?

I want to voice my utter frustration in the decision to move the U2 concert from Sept 25 toSept 23. I've purchased tickets for friends flying-in from Houston, Chicago and Traverse City MI to attend the Friday show. Moving the date because of YomKippur to accommodate the Jets is asinine. The NFL plays every Sunday (a day of religious observance) and Christmas (another religious holiday) withoutblinking an eye. I understand the sundown factor re: Yom Kippur but that should have been factored in when the concert was scheduled.

Now I have numerous friends with non-refundable airline tickets who are totally screwed. Totake off one day of work to fly-in and see friends is doable. To fly-in mid-week is no longer an option. Thanks.

jbonse007 wrote:

That's strange.....

There are 6 NFL games scheduled after 4:00pm EST on Sunday.........are they being rescheduled?

I actually read about this awhile ago (but didn't think it would really interfere with the concert). Really, the NFL dropped the ball by having the Jetsplay a regular season game at home that week. The Yom Kippur-Rosh Hashanah holidays are messing everything up this year since NY-NJ has the highestconcentration of Jews in the U.S., and I'm sure many of them own football season tickets. Either the Jets and Giants should have had away games (so thatthe NYNJ Sports Authority didn't lose a ton of money and invite the ire of season ticket holders), or they should have been given a bye week.

...and to add to that last post, Live Nation (who I still feel is the real culprit) should have adamantly opposed any change in the date.....

I'm assume that they already had a contract in place with the New York-New Jersey Sports Authority concerning the date, and they certainly had a contractwith the fans!mad.gif

Um, the change in time of the Jets game was known back in mid-April. U2 dropped the ball on not figuring this out back then and changing the day back then, notwithin a month until the concert... Shame on U2...

I too was planning to fly in for this event with the VIP package, but now won't be able to attend either - Ugh - and who's gonna pay for the airlinecancellation fees, etc? What a shame/disappointment.

http://www.oag.state.ny.us/

Express your displeasure with the attorney general's office. Cuomo likes fighting on behalf of us little guys in exchange for good publicity. Besides, ifcancellations lead to less money being spent in NYC, the city has a stake in it, too.

This is complete BS ! They knew these dates for months , now a month before show they change the date !!!!!mad.gifmad.gif

A Wednesday night show where people have to go to work the next day instead of Friday is a big difference !! Getting out of Giants Stadium is a nightmare, soforget about getting home early to get some sleep before going to work the next day.

Thanks to everyone involved for this fiasco, nice way to treat the fans !!!!!

I completely agree. This is RIDICULOUS. I have been a loyal fan for over 25 years. I have a flight from Atlanta to NYC on 9/24 that is nonrefundable and willcost almost $300 to change. I have a prepaid hotel room in NY from 9/24 until 9/27, and now less than a month out, U2 changes the schedule. I now can eitherlose the money for airfare and 4 nights hotel in NYC, OR, pay $300 to change a flight, 2 nights extra in a hotel, and have to take 2 more days off of work.

REALLY? This is a extremely disappointing.....

works out in my favoursmile.gifbut i suppose dosn't suit everybody........iarrive from eire that day and this is a plus.These things happen, i remember going to london to see a thin lizzy reunion and just as we arrived at the festivallearned that lizzy pulled out at last minute, flights from dublin hotel leave from work etc....... we went with the flow and turned out to be a great weekendafterwards, very memorable!!!!!!!pimp.gif

Someone from the bands management has some explaining to do , this is extremely unfair to the loyal fans who made commitments to come to the Friday show.

Aside from the canned statement that was issued, is someone here going to step up to the plate to do the right thing ?

Aside for the insane $250 mediocre sights and the $100 crappy seats, people spent alot of $$ to travel for these shows, to pull the rug out from under themless then a month before the show is disgraceful !!!!