Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

graysobe

Boo to Rescheduled Show in NYC!(Merged)

This is really absurd. Without even discussing the reason for changing the date, what I find hardest to believe is that a change of three hours was enough forthem to decide they couldn't prepare the field for the Jets game in time. It seems like the crew could have adjusted to this a little bit and maybe put ina little extra time to take down the stage. The game was only changes by a matter of hours, not days. Well looks like I will be needing to get a refund.Totally unfair to those who have their travel plans set already.

Is someone from band management going to step up to the plate and provide some kind of apology to all the loyal U2 fans who are going to be inconvenienced ,possibly miss the show and lose money because of this scheduling change ? I have been supporting this band for 25 years, between this complete and utterdisregard for its fans and the ridiculous ticket prices for this show, I am extremely discouraged right now and questioning my support for the band.

Less then 1 month before the show to change it when all these schedules were known months in advance is completely unacceptable to me. Also, a 3 hour change inthe Jets game start time was enough to precipitate a date change ? Give me a break.

U2 fans, make your voice heard here !!

This is total nonsense. Will they refund airline tickets?????Hotel rooms as well????? Can't you take down the stage a little faster. It is only a threehour time change..not a few days.

Extremely disappointing....

Gotta look at Live Nation in this. Ask the fans of The Police how many times they bought tickets to the "final" show - dates were added twice after adate was implied to be final. Then some behind-the-stage seats in the 100-level for the final show were reassinged to the 300 and 400 levels with nonotice--AND THEN--those seats were sold AGAIN to other people later on! What do these bands have in common in both situations? LIVE NATION. Sloppy sloppybusiness practices, IMHO. Glad I live in NYC and am not seriously affected by this, but it will make me think twice about arranging travel around a concert inthe future.

Me and my wife are coming to NY on Sept 24th from Europe. That's 2 x 500E tickets right there. There is no way in hell we can change the date on such ashort notice and the tickets are non-refundable.

Who is gonna cover all our lost money? This change is totally unacceptable.

It's unnaceptable at this moment. I was coming from Brazil and friday is the only date that is possible for me. They should have known this before or notcancel it. It's a total disrespect!!

I'm in the same boat as the last two reply's.

Flyin to NY from the UK on thursday so fucked.

No doubt we'll get a statement from bono on how sorry he is about the mix up but that's not good enough.

very pissed off with the band at this moment.

gibbo1968 wrote:

I'm in the same boat as the last two reply's.

Flyin to NY from the UK on thursday so fucked.

No doubt we'll get a statement from bono on how sorry he is about the mix up but that's not good enough.

very pissed off with the band at this moment.

Blimey mate. it's really messed up your plans.. hope that you can sort summat out.. you must be gutted x

Same thing here. Flying from Mexico. Have to pay a fine for the new flight schedule and my hotel reservation is double now. Not happy at all

this is nothing short of disgraceful...if i was attending this show,i would have booked flights for the thursday before the show and completely missed it. Howis the ordinary person supposed to fund a change like this?

I was flying in from Miami for both shows on that Wed nite. These bastards have complete fucked me over. This Yom Kippur excuse is inexcusible and absoluteBULLSHIT.

So what does a person flying in from out of state do? Shit, I just bought tickets to get there for the Friday concert and spend the weekend in NY, but withthis change there is probably no way I can make it. Unbelievable. A refund doesn't cut it when you're a huge fan that wants to see them play andcan't get tickets elsewhere. Last time I tried to make a concert, my car broke down, so now I still won't have seen them live. All I can say is screwthe NY Jets and the NFL, I now officially despise the game and won't care to watch again. A three hour Sunday time change for a 2 day concert change, thatis riduculous. Make the concert 3 hours earlier on Friday, everyone would skip work anyways!!! I can't believe it and am so disappointed. Aargh!

What they did was a complete disrespect with the fans. Less than a month to the concert and they "discover" that (what a ridiculous excuse!) and for3 hours they can't do the concert (what about starting 2 hours early and workin 1 extra hour?)....but no problem, there will be other fans that will go andbuy our tickets...and we that paid to become members and bought tickets early, planned our trips, spent money (myself travelling from abroad...) are idiots.Will I have a refund for my membership??(hahaha)

Well, maybe they are innocent enough to treat New York as a regular town (so only locals are attending...)

i think the best message out is to U2. instead of paying extra to see the show. just keep the ticket and not go.

i would seriously love to see how pissed bono and the edge when they show up to an empty stadium. lol...one can only dream.

i am planning to do that. and I have 4 GAs.

There is only one thing that will matter to the people involved with this utterly ridiculous decision to move the Sept. 25th show to the 23rd.

EVERYONE who has tickets DEMAND a refund. Hit everyone in the pocketbook. Giants Stadium, Ticketmaster and yes, even the band. This decision is a disgrace. To inconvenience everyone because of the religious beliefs of a small percentage of the population is absurd. First off, I do not believe that three hoursreally makes a difference. But be that as it may, to change this show from a Friday night to a Wednesday is absurd.

I respect people's religious beliefs. However, in the end, they are your beliefs, not mine. If you cannot go to the Jets game because of your religiousbeliefs.... then that is YOUR issue, not everyone else's.

Let Ticketmaster get hit with 50,000 refunds and see if they like it.

I also cannot go on wends.. it has ruinied my plans... and i also paid 50 bucks to become a U2 member so i could buy the tickets....

if i didnt do this the ticket brokers block tickmasters and you get locked out and get nothing... so to make sure i got tickets i spent my hard earn money onU2.com... to just have the chance at 4 tickets that i cant use.... so 50 bucks gone plus.. all the fee will not be refunded.... and the sadness part are 4disapointed fans not being able to see the greatest band in the world.. :(

Nice of the moderator's to shut down other threads due to "technical" difficulties. The BS continues. Anyway, here's a repost:

This time change was announced in April!!! The U2 announcement makes it sound like it's the Jets and/or the NFL's fault. Not to mention changing thetime of a secular event for religious reasons? Any religion? I thought this was America, not the middle east.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/04/nfl_changes_time_of_new_york_j.html

So, yeah. 50-thousand plus having to at least change plans. How many are going to lose money from prior reservations, air fare etc? I'm no attorney, butwhy wasn't this caught and or avoided months ago? With few regional Stadium shows they have to realize people are traveling hundreds or even thousands ofmiles to see them. A Friday to a Wednesday is a huge switch.

Out of respect? Sure.

I am giving U2 the benefit of the doubt on this..however something is not "kosher" with this explanation.

1. Jet game was rescheduled back in April with much media publicity..no secret.

2. 3 Hours the deal breaker?? Hire 100 more roadies at $10/hr...not like there isn't an unemployment problem in NJ/NY...Union problem? maybe but I am surethat can be worked out with negotiations.

3. Tour has been going on since June, so average stage breakdown time has been established at least a month ago. If there was a timing issue it should havebeen fixed or planning with Meadowlands/fan notification started earlier.....

The way this has been explained to fans, most who will lose a lot of money and be inconvenienced, is extremely unprofessional and unthoughtful. Loyal fansdeserve better. I am truly surprised and disappointed in the way U2 is handling this...

There is only one way to get the attention of the powers that be:

Contact the Attorneys General of NY an NJ to investigate. They will be happy to get involved. Also e-mail the entertainment reporter from your local newspaperto express your concern with the way you are being treated.

We are all huge U2 fans, and will stick by them...but let's not give them a free pass on this one, especially when it will be a big financial burden tomany who can't afford it......

Seems as if all the other boards were disabled.

That's pretty weak. While I admire your fire.... this is not going to change. Truth is that The NJ people, Giants Stadium, Ticketmaster and the band alldon't really care. They GET paid, and we PAY. That's the formula..... people spend their hard earned money to enjoy themselves, and when it comes downto it... we're just all a source of funds and nothing more. I am just returning my tix. Screw em all. Not getting any more of my money.

I am sure this thread will eventually get nuked also since LiveNation is in control..Shame on U2 if they let this fan discontent of mistreatment getsmuffled...........

gaffano wrote:

I am sure this thread will eventually get nuked also since LiveNation is in control..Shame on U2 if they let this fan discontent of mistreatment gets muffled...........

No it wont. If you post your rant/vent in an acceptable manner, it stays. Just no personal attacks topeople or groups. Corporations, those are fair game.wink.gif

Baja

Bajagirl wrote:

gaffano wrote:

I am sure this thread will eventually get nuked also since LiveNation is in control..Shame on U2 if they let this fan discontent of mistreatment gets muffled...........

No it wont. If you post your rant/vent in an acceptable manner, it stays. Just no personal attacks to people or groups. Corporations, those are fair game.
wink.gif

Baja

Agreed, some of the posts from the other thread are way out of line and un-productive....

What happened! happened while ago! Glad it's deleted! It was not my Fanclub while ago... Yep the situation is a mess! PLEASSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE don'tlet the Monster in us all stir up and try and defeat the other MONNsters!!!!

Yeah, this is super shitty. It does seem strange that instead of pushing the game back three hours, they move the entire concert ahead two days!?!? Surely anagreement could have been made. Just my two cents.

Bajagirl wrote:

gaffano wrote:

No it wont. If you post your rant/vent in an acceptable manner, it stays. Just no personal attacks to people or groups. Corporations, those are fair game.
wink.gif

Baja

Hey Baja.... you obviously have "ins" with the band. Do they even care how many people are screwed by this? Do they care that theirticket prices and the fees charged by Ticketmaster are unbelievably out of control? $11 PER TICKET? Are you kidding me?

You say Corporations are fair game, but what about the band? Are they fair game? Are they due criticism for allowing ticket prices to go through the roof andallow Ticketmaster to extort customers because they have a monopoly on selling concert tix? Are they fair game for not DEMANDING that another solution befound so their fans aren't screwed? Hey.... I own every album and almost every DVD and am a huge fan.... but eventually, enough is enough.

Funny thing is... I live in NYC and I am personally not affected by any of this. I can afford the ticket prices, but I just stopped going to shows because Iam tired of feeling like a sucker. $110 to see a concert (with all fees and such)? No thanks.

I have read this board and seen how many people are screwed... just on here. Imagine how many more are screwed who aren't? People have made huge plansto come see these guys and they wait until a month before the show to announce this when the time of the game was changed April 17th? It just seems to me thatnobody gives a rat's ass about anyone any more. Everyone wants their $$$$$ and too bad if people get stepped on or passed over along the way.

Sad to say, this will definitively be my last show. Saw Joshua Tree, Zoo TV and a bunch of others, but I think if the band, the production companies, thearenas and the management companies don't care about the fans (as is evident in my opinion by the treatment of them)..... then this fan don't careabout any of them any more.

I am sure I'll get slammed for being a complainer, but I am just tired of being taken for granted.