Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

graysobe

Boo to Rescheduled Show in NYC!(Merged)

Bonk

Nope, no in with the band, sadly. If i did, they would be hearing a thing or two from me. If i did, things would be fixed, yesterday.

*sigh*

This is incredible and the lame standard press release makes me really angry, I was flying to NY and are in the same boat with a lot of people that are facinghotel and airlines fees.

I can't make to the new date , can somebody please post how to get our money back?

U2 better make sure that we can get a refund for the freaking fan club.

What a disgrace

I live in Mexico City, I saved money to go to the show for more than 3 months, I bought my Airplane tickets this week, I reserved the hotel, in other words iwas ready to go, exited, happy but now i have to change everything, and just to change the flight is more than 150 dollars.

This is the worst news i have ever received in a long time, everything is ruined.

PD: I use to hate the Jets but now its different this is another level of hate, don't know what I'm going to do.

Wow. 4 posts and 4 deletions. No unfettered rage - no profanity - just facts and "poof" gone, along wioth simailr threads. Guess this is a feel goodonly place. What is enjoyable is knowing that come Monday, I'll have as long as I want to talk about this during my radio show, a place where free speechis still encouraged, not feared. Anyway, I'll give this another post before it too is gone:

This time change was announced in April!!! The U2 announcement makes it sound like it's the Jets and/or the NFL's fault. Not to mention changing thetime of a secular event for religious reasons? Any religion? I thought this was America, not the middle east.

So, yeah. 50-thousand plus having to at least change plans. How many are going to lose money from prior reservations, air fare etc? Why wasn't this caughtand or avoided months ago?

With few regional Stadium shows they have to realize people are traveling hundreds or even thousands of miles to see them. A Friday to a Wednesday is a hugeswitch.

Out of respect? Sure.

There it is my oh-so scary post - again.

Yes Bonk,

They really don't care. I remember when Morrissey in 2004 didn't show up for a concert because he was too ill to play (Inland Invasion) and made apromise that he would give a free concert at the same place (it was a festival with lots of important bands). He kept it and I was there. But U2...

Illness is an excuse...the rest is BS!!

aroney wrote:

Wow. 4 posts and 4 deletions. No unfettered rage - no profanity - just facts and "poof" gone, along wioth simailr threads. Guess this is a feel good only place. What is enjoyable is knowing that come Monday, I'll have as long as I want to talk about this during my radio show, a place where free speech is still encouraged, not feared. Anyway, I'll give this another post before it too is gone:

This time change was announced in April!!! The U2 announcement makes it sound like it's the Jets and/or the NFL's fault. Not to mention changing the time of a secular event for religious reasons? Any religion? I thought this was America, not the middle east.

So, yeah. 50-thousand plus having to at least change plans. How many are going to lose money from prior reservations, air fare etc? Why wasn't this caught and or avoided months ago?

With few regional Stadium shows they have to realize people are traveling hundreds or even thousands of miles to see them. A Friday to a Wednesday is a huge switch.

Out of respect? Sure.

Aroney

You were taking pot shots at the mods, as I stated before, if you want to complain, go for it as long as it if respectful.

As for the moderators, we do not control the ticketing or touring, and so taking out your anger at us is unfair to us. Also, you might want to take a look atother threads, as they were NOT deleted, they were all merged into one giant thread so that we can monitor it more easily. The only thread that was removed,was the ticket exchange one for anti-semitic and racist comments.

So if you are going to take pot shots at us, at least get your facts straight, ok?

B.

Oh ffs...........Leave the mods alone. It's not their fault so pack in having a pop at them. They do a good job on these boards and it's not easy forthem so show some respect.

Liverpool Lizsmokin.gif

If any attorneys out there are thinking about a class action suit, count me in!!!

I/we cannot go either. We were coming from Philly area so at least no air fare to deal with but a lot of other travel & work plans were made to go to thisshow.

The worst part is why on earth did they wait so long to cancel???!!!!

HansLehmann wrote:

So what does a person flying in from out of state do? Shit, I just bought tickets to get there for the Friday concert and spend the weekend in NY, but with this change there is probably no way I can make it. Unbelievable. A refund doesn't cut it when you're a huge fan that wants to see them play and can't get tickets elsewhere. Last time I tried to make a concert, my car broke down, so now I still won't have seen them live. All I can say is screw the NY Jets and the NFL, I now officially despise the game and won't care to watch again. A three hour Sunday time change for a 2 day concert change, that is riduculous. Make the concert 3 hours earlier on Friday, everyone would skip work anyways!!! I can't believe it and am so disappointed. Aargh!

Yeah! I mean the JETS?! What the hell? JETS! Giants, okay, Bears....I guess (I'm from Chicago bite me) Even the Cowboys.

But all this for the NY Jets?! This is hilarious, I"m sorry that people are being screwed over for some mediocre lame football team, but think about it.

HansLehmann wrote:

So what does a person flying in from out of state do? Shit, I just bought tickets to get there for the Friday concert and spend the weekend in NY, but with this change there is probably no way I can make it. Unbelievable. A refund doesn't cut it when you're a huge fan that wants to see them play and can't get tickets elsewhere. Last time I tried to make a concert, my car broke down, so now I still won't have seen them live. All I can say is screw the NY Jets and the NFL, I now officially despise the game and won't care to watch again. A three hour Sunday time change for a 2 day concert change, that is riduculous. Make the concert 3 hours earlier on Friday, everyone would skip work anyways!!! I can't believe it and am so disappointed. Aargh!

Yeah! I mean the JETS?! What the hell? JETS! Giants, okay, Bears....I guess (I'm from Chicago bite me) Even the Cowboys.

But all this for the NY Jets?! This is hilarious, I"m sorry that people are being screwed over for some mediocre lame football team, but think about it.

HansLehmann wrote:

HansLehmann wrote:

HansLehmann wrote:

HansLehmann wrote:

I can't emphasis it more..the best way to a solution is to contact the Attorney General of New Jersey. Her name is Anne Milgram. She took on the cause ofBruce Springsteen fans who felt mis-treated a few months ago, and won. I am not sure who is at fault, but with many people losing $$ with an inadequateexplanation, this warrants attention.....contact her office and tell her your story.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/02/24/ticketmaster-reaches-settlement-with-nj-attorney-general-after-springsteen-ticketing-fiasco/

http://nj.gov/oag/oag/ag_bio.htm

gaffano wrote:

I can't emphasis it more..the best way to a solution is to contact the Attorney General of New Jersey. Her name is Anne Milgram. She took on the cause of Bruce Springsteen fans who felt mis-treated a few months ago, and won. I am not sure who is at fault, but with many people losing $$ with an inadequate explanation, this warrants attention.....contact her office and tell her your story.

*cough*whathesaid*cough*

I sent an email to the NJ attorney general office. We cant let this stand, take 5 minutes and send them an email expressing your displeasure on what U2, LiveNation , the NFL and the NJ Sports Exposition have done to us.

Bajagirl wrote:

aroney wrote:

Wow. 4 posts and 4 deletions. No unfettered rage - no profanity - just facts and "poof" gone, along wioth simailr threads. Guess this is a feel good only place. What is enjoyable is knowing that come Monday, I'll have as long as I want to talk about this during my radio show, a place where free speech is still encouraged, not feared. Anyway, I'll give this another post before it too is gone:

This time change was announced in April!!! The U2 announcement makes it sound like it's the Jets and/or the NFL's fault. Not to mention changing the time of a secular event for religious reasons? Any religion? I thought this was America, not the middle east.

So, yeah. 50-thousand plus having to at least change plans. How many are going to lose money from prior reservations, air fare etc? Why wasn't this caught and or avoided months ago?

With few regional Stadium shows they have to realize people are traveling hundreds or even thousands of miles to see them. A Friday to a Wednesday is a huge switch.

Out of respect? Sure.

Aroney

You were taking pot shots at the mods, as I stated before, if you want to complain, go for it as long as it if respectful.

As for the moderators, we do not control the ticketing or touring, and so taking out your anger at us is unfair to us. Also, you might want to take a look at other threads, as they were NOT deleted, they were all merged into one giant thread so that we can monitor it more easily. The only thread that was removed, was the ticket exchange one for anti-semitic and racist comments.

So if you are going to take pot shots at us, at least get your facts straight, ok?

B.

Pot shots? Pointing out that a thread over 9-pages long was "deleted" is a "pot shot"? A thread that you just admitted was removed? Sounds like my facts are/were straight. And I'm not taking out any "anger" at you. I'm perfectly calm.

I didn't see any racist or anti-semitic comments, just a lot of people who are out hundreds, even thousands of dollars, for a 3-hour change in schedulethat was announced all the way back in April. In return a nice "regret the inconvenience". How nice.

I'll grant you that I'm a bit oversensitive to the suppression of free speech especially in these overly politically correct times. As a long time U2fan I can remember so many of Bono's on stage "rants" - words that would have landed him in jail in some countries, but not here. At least notyet.

So, I apologize. This isn't an assault on you "U2 moderator". It was not my intention at all.

New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority Public Affairs Office 50 State Route 120 East Rutherford, N.J. 07073 To Whom It May Concern: I was notified that theU2 concert at Giants Stadium, scheduled for Friday 9/25/09, has been rescheduled to Wednesday 9/23/09 due to a scheduling conflict with the NY Jets. In orderto accommodate for the Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur, which begins at sundown on Sunday September 27, a decision was made to move the Jets' game time from4:30pm to 1pm. As I understand it, the staging for the U2 show requires 2 days for disassembly. This 3 hour shift apparently interfered with what I can onlyassume is a very tight schedule for the U2 staging crew. Therefore, in order to eliminate conflicting usage of Giants Stadium, U2 management decided or agreedto reschedule the U2 concert to Wednesday. This scheduling conflict and subsequent rescheduling is inexcusable. First of all, I am not entirely sure why the NYJets feel compelled to move a football game because of a religious holiday. It sets a misguided precedent. If sports teams throughout the country were to adoptthis type of scheduling policy, there would be no sports on Friday nights after sundown and no sports of any kind on Saturdays. To be thoroughly respectful ofChristian faith, no sports games should be scheduled for Sundays at all. In fact, one could argue that moving the Jets game to 1pm is inconsiderate to CatholicJets fans who wish to attend High Mass at noon. While it is certainly gracious of the Jets to accommodate their schedule for their Jewish fans that wish tocelebrate Yom Kippur, it is unnecessary. One's religion should take priority over sports; if it doesn't, then I suppose those fans that choose sportsover their religion would buy tickets to a Jets game regardless of when it's scheduled. Furthermore, if the Jets and the NJSEA choose to change their gameschedules for one religion, they should do so for all religions equally and in the same manner. Furthermore, the Jets and the NJSEA had 4 months to make thischange - Yom Kippur has been on the calendar for quite some time. You chose to make your change and notify ticket holders within a month of the concert. U2fans that have made travel and scheduling arrangements are now out of luck because of your poor judgment and scheduling incompetence. I expect a detailedexplanation of your decision regarding this matter in timely manner. Thank you.

If it is a matter of hands available to pull it down , i am sure the fans would be willing to stay after on the original date :) in order to see them FRI andkeep their flights and hotels....yesNYNJ should hear about this loss in tourist $. Yep give 1000s of fans a screwdriver we will pull that claw sucker down intime..(of course that is not possible, if only)..JUST give the fans back their original date...:((now to really seal the deal of me neverwatching NFL again, all they have to do is reinstate Vick.....if they do.....ooooohhhhhh letters will be sent for sure)

I have been a loyal fan for nearly 30 years and while I am only moderately inconvenienced by the date change of the Sept 25th Giants Stadium show, I amprofoundly disillusioned by the detached and rather callous tone of the press release & announcement posted on this site. Where is the heartfelt apologyand true recognition of the impact that this change will have on the many fans who have purchased non-refundable airline tickets, nonrefundable hotel rooms andyes even paid brokers fees and now can't go to the show? Perhaps this change was unavoidable but there are many unanswered questions that would go a longway towards alleviating the hurt and anger many fans have voiced on this board: Why is this happening now when these issues have been known for months?Specifically, why is it that additional manpower cannot make up the 3 hour time change for breaking down the stage? Finally, why can't the show startearlier and perhaps without an opening act that night????? Your press release fails to demonstrate that every effort was made to avoid this date change and asa result fans feel taken for granted & utterly disrespected.

can we make u2 a religion maybe get respect from livenation..(no disrespect to any other religion, anywhere, by that comment, is intended)..also, anyone wonderif Livenation (?) waited till EU shows were over to announce this?

So It's U2's fault that the NY Jets need the stadium to play a game? I think your issues need to be directed else where people.