Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

graysobe

Boo to Rescheduled Show in NYC!(Merged)

jenny55 wrote:

Cant they perform without The Claw??? just a suggestion.

Seriously, all they need is a red guitar, three chords and the truth. Ok, and I guess a set of drums, a bass, and some mics and light would be helpful.

jenny55 wrote:

Cant they perform without The Claw??? just a suggestion.

Seriously, all they need is a red guitar, three chords and the truth. Ok, and I guess a set of drums, a bass, and some mics and light would be helpful.

You all have to realize that things like this are going to come up from time to time, it is the risk that you take when you purchace anyticket to any show or event. No one in U2's organazation ever encurraged you to travel hundreds or even thousands of miles to attend a show, you do this atyour own risk. As the letter stated, the NFL has the final say so in the matter, and U2 had 2 choices, either to move the date or cancel the show. if you allkeep complaining that is exactly what they will do is just cancel the show all together.

...please don't leave us here in the rain, guys! This is not about money paid for tix, hotels etc. at least for me, this is about emotions.Your fans flyfrom all over the world just to see you play in NYC. That is REALLY extraordinary. Please start to communicate and explain the situation. I'm sure you careso please let us know. .. I wanna get rid of the bad taste it leaves in my mouth at this moment! I am still soooo sad to miss this fantastic concert! Youwanted to get closer to your fans on this tour. Now you can really proof it...

I have been waiting since the announcement of the date change for a comment from Bono, Edge, Larry, or Adam. The bhoys are hiding behind an officialexplanation full of BS. It took two days to take the claw down in Barcelona, and it still takes two days. Admit it. The Jets three-hour-time change ismeaningless. The bands silence makes Bono's comments during concerts about thanking fans for spending their hard earned on a rock show seem like BS too. I can't believe I feel this way.

My story is like thousands of others. Big fan since War, and my wife and I were seniors in high school when Joshua Tree was released. Two hundred plusdollars for tickets and fees, hotel, and an overnight babysitter for three was how my we decided to celebrate turning forty. We are only driving fromPennsylvania. I feel so sorry for fans with flights. I have been at the store the day every new album was released, and we missed only one tour because theywere in Giants stadium the night of our wedding. It is not about the money for me. It will be difficult to make arrangements to go on Wednesday, and U2 hasnot given me a reason to try.

u2dave110862 wrote:

You all have to realize that things like this are going to come up from time to time, it is the risk that you take when you purchace any ticket to any show or event. No one in U2's organazation ever encurraged you to travel hundreds or even thousands of miles to attend a show, you do this at your own risk. As the letter stated, the NFL has the final say so in the matter, and U2 had 2 choices, either to move the date or cancel the show. if you all keep complaining that is exactly what they will do is just cancel the show all together.

Thats pretty funny, U2 is going to cancel this show because people are complaining !!! Is this the same as parents send their kids to be without ice cream ifthey misbehave ??

You have alot of nerve trying to blamed the dedicated fans for making plans to see the band they love. The U2 fans are getting screwed here, because of badplanning or utter disregard for the fans. Someone screwed up big time here, the band needs to step up to the plate and make good with the thousands of fansthat are being negatively affected by this.

Canceling a show less then a month before it is going to happen for reasons given is a poor way to treat the fans.

Maybe next time U2 comes to town, instead of the U2 fans "risking" their hard earned $$ on a U2 show, they will decide not to risk it.

I'm not trying to blame anyone, it says no where in my reply about blaming anyone, I am only stating the facts and the fact is thatwhen you decide to attend a show you do so at your own risk, you are the one who decides to make that long trip, the band does not decide this for you. Touringis a business and U2 management made a business decission. They are not going to pay for your change of flight fee's or your hotel reservation it justdoesn't work that way. I am sure that the band will do something at the September 23rd show for the fans. so please stop the "they made a mistake, nowgive me something" attitude. They made the decission to move the date of the show that's it the end, deal with it. I feel bad for thoes who madeflight reservations and planned trips but these things happen from time to time. Why don't you work towards a viable solution? why not contact someone inU2 management and explain the situation nicely and ask if they could possably create a space in the GA area near the front for thoes who were forced to fly inon Thursday for what was the Friday show and could not afford the flight change fee? I am sure that they would be more than willing to do something like that.but complaining to the NFL, Congressmen, the City of New York and Giants stadium isn't going to get it done.

RedHill wrote:

8 posts in....not making a bit of sense.

Plus the rest on my old nick. Sorry, I forgot about the popularity contest.

u2dave110862 wrote:

I'm not trying to blame anyone, it says no where in my reply about blaming anyone, I am only stating the facts and the fact is that when you decide to attend a show you do so at your own risk, you are the one who decides to make that long trip, the band does not decide this for you. Touring is a business and U2 management made a business decission. They are not going to pay for your change of flight fee's or your hotel reservation it just doesn't work that way. I am sure that the band will do something at the September 23rd show for the fans. so please stop the "they made a mistake, now give me something" attitude.

Especially since technically it should just be folks in NY going.

Grande 3 16 wrote:

u2dave110862 wrote:

I'm not trying to blame anyone, it says no where

in my reply about blaming anyone, I am only stating the facts and the

fact is that

when you decide to attend a show you do so at your own risk, you are

the one who decides to make that long trip, the band does not decide

this for you. Touring

is a business and U2 management made a business decission. They are not

going to pay for your change of flight fee's or your hotel reservation

it just

doesn't work that way. I am sure that the band will do something at the

September 23rd show for the fans. so please stop the "they made a

mistake, now

give me something" attitude.

What does "just folks in NY going" mean?? That we aren't ALLOWED to travel out of our home area for shows? If that happened none of the showswould sell out...the shows in Europe were heavily attended by folks from all over the world..esp. North America!!!

So what, you have to show proof of local residency to buy tickets now??

Part of the thrill of seeing concerts (at least for me and a few others I know) is the travel to other countries/states.....not everyone can I know. If someonechooses to travel they understand the risk......I hope.....locals shouldn't be whining at all over this...

So "technically" Norman, OK is the same as NYC (on a Friday night...). Let´s call it the capital the world... The longer they remain in silent theworse it gets...We deserve a good explanation, if there is any...

Grande
3 16 wrote:

u2dave110862
wrote:

I'm not trying to blame anyone, it says no where in my reply about blaming anyone, I am only stating the facts and the fact is that when you decide to attend a show you do so at your own risk, you are the one who decides to make that long trip, the band does not decide this for you. Touring is a business and U2 management made a business decission. They are not going to pay for your change of flight fee's or your hotel reservation it just doesn't work that way. I am sure that the band will do something at the September 23rd show for the fans. so please stop the "they made a mistake, now give me something" attitude.

Just folks in NY, huh? Odd considering the stadium is actually in New Jersey. People are not seeming to understand this little fact about Giants Stadium. If you are travelling to Giants Stadium... you are not going to be in NY... you are going to be in East Rutherford, NJ. Btw... I really hope those who havehotel accommodations didn't get them in NYC.

Grande
3 16 wrote:

u2dave110862
wrote:

Just folks in NY, huh? Odd considering the stadium is actually in New Jersey. People are not seeming to understand this little fact about Giants Stadium. If you are travelling to Giants Stadium... you are not going to be in NY... you are going to be in East Rutherford, NJ. Btw... I really hope those who havehotel accommodations didn't get them in NYC.

u2dave110862 wrote:

but complaining to the NFL, Congressmen, the City of New York and Giants stadium isn't going to get it done.

You're right, complaining to the City of New Your isn't going to get anything done considering Giants Stadium is located in NJ. Both the Giants andthe Jets use the stadium in East Rutherford, NJ.

u2dave110862 wrote:

but complaining to the NFL, Congressmen, the City of New York and Giants stadium isn't going to get it done.

You're right, complaining to the City of New Your isn't going to get anything done considering Giants Stadium is located in NJ. Both the Giants andthe Jets use the stadium in East Rutherford, NJ.

Like many other posting I have been screwed by this change...My Great seats for Friday that worked hard going through the process to obtain and plan around arenow greatly diminished in value and useless to me...I have hard plane ticket and non refundable hotel reservations...I have arranged child care and madecommittments to friends to bring them to a long anticipated show...I first saw this band 3/16/1982 and am learning what I really am to thisband...meaningless....

Earlier in this thread my opinion was that I didn't this fiasco was the band's fault. However, since I'd been enlightened to the fact that thiswhole thing about changing the time of the Jets game was approached back in April, it is starting to look like biggest problem was the delay in making adecision and the delay in the announcement of the date change. That being the case, this does have to fall unto U2 and their management for not making aquick decision that would allow for an earlier announcement thus giving those who did have airfare and hotel accomodations the time to be able to change thosewithout as much of a hassle and make it less of a fiasco.

I'm not saying I think the band owes anyone anything more than just a ticket refund, which is being offered, just saying that I have to question whyaction wasn't taken sooner and an announcement made sooner.

I really hope those who are affected by the mess are able to get everything sorted.

Earlier in this thread my opinion was that I didn't this fiasco was the band's fault. However, since I'd been enlightened to the fact that thiswhole thing about changing the time of the Jets game was approached back in April, it is starting to look like biggest problem was the delay in making adecision and the delay in the announcement of the date change. That being the case, this does have to fall unto U2 and their management for not making aquick decision that would allow for an earlier announcement thus giving those who did have airfare and hotel accomodations the time to be able to change thosewithout as much of a hassle and make it less of a fiasco.

I'm not saying I think the band owes anyone anything more than just a ticket refund, which is being offered, just saying that I have to question whyaction wasn't taken sooner and an announcement made sooner.

I really hope those who are affected by the mess are able to get everything sorted.

Check this out. Sunday during Yom Kippur the Yankees v Red Sox at Yankee Stadium game was scheduled for 1PM. These games are one of the highest rated sportsbroadcasts. ESPN has the option to switch any Sunday game to their 8PM Sunday Night Baseball show.

Even though they know it is a religious holiday and that there was a controversy from Jets scheduling, which game do you think they decided to move to 8PM,this week, 3 weeks from game day?? ESPN is not going to let a 10 share TV NATIONAL viewing rating (very high) slip by for any reason.

Anyway..apparently the Attorney General of NJ is investigating the U2 concert rescheduling. If you feel that your consumer rights are being taken forgranted...you should contact their office, trust me. Complaining here will not solve your issue. Complain to people who can help you.

ceallach67 wrote:

Grande
3 16 wrote:

u2dave110862
wrote:

Just folks in NY, huh? Odd considering the stadium is actually in New Jersey. People are not seeming to understand this little fact about Giants Stadium. If you are travelling to Giants Stadium... you are not going to be in NY... you are going to be in East Rutherford, NJ. Btw... I really hope those who have hotel accommodations didn't get them in NYC.
It's only 12 miles from NYC.......

petermullen wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

Grande
3 16 wrote:

u2dave110862
wrote:

Just folks in NY, huh? Odd considering the stadium is actually in New Jersey. People are not seeming to understand this little fact about Giants Stadium. If you are travelling to Giants Stadium... you are not going to be in NY... you are going to be in East Rutherford, NJ. Btw... I really hope those who have hotel accommodations didn't get them in NYC.
It's only 12 miles from NYC.......

Yes, but 12 miles can possibly be about and hour an a half in traffic in this part of the world. I'm not sure where you are. Sometimes, there can be a halfhour wait or more at the tunnels. We are about 90 miles from the stadium and it will probably take us 2/3 hrs to get there at least, with all the traffic upnear the stadium.I'm sure taking public transportaiton from NYC, is a better option.

Just leave plenty of time where ever you are coming from, as traffic near the stadium and in this part of the world in general, is insane.

gaffano wrote:

Check this out. Sunday during Yom Kippur the Yankees v Red Sox at Yankee Stadium game was scheduled for 1PM. These games are one of the highest rated sports broadcasts. ESPN has the option to switch any Sunday game to their 8PM Sunday Night Baseball show.

Even though they know it is a religious holiday and that there was a controversy from Jets scheduling, which game do you think they decided to move to 8PM, this week, 3 weeks from game day?? ESPN is not going to let a 10 share TV NATIONAL viewing rating (very high) slip by for any reason.

Anyway..apparently the Attorney General of NJ is investigating the U2 concert rescheduling. If you feel that your consumer rights are being taken for granted...you should contact their office, trust me. Complaining here will not solve your issue. Complain to people who can help you.

I read this today about moving the game to 8pm!!! Its all about the money, no principles involved by anyone.

I contacted NJ AG office, glad to hear they are investigating this. We cant let the powers that be trample all over us.

I am really conflicted here, love the band and the music all these years, but I will never tolerate being abused as a customer. Unfortunately it is impossibleto know how culpable the band is, since they have been silent on this.

The band owes the fan an explanation, when is someone representing the band going to step up to the plate ?

Many fans like myself have been following and the supporting the band for over 20 years, this silence is going to cause the band to lose some long standingloyal fans. U2 and Bono ask the fans over the years to support their causes, but dont have the decency to make good with the fans on this issue ???

For every one fan that has taken the time to post here, there are probably 100 who feel the same way but are not on-line making their feelings known.