Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basher1

Friendlies........The Next Generation

Yes, seen them 3 times on this tour so far .... Wembley 2, Sheffield & Cardiff .... hoping that they'll be back next year! I've been a long timefan and have seen them a number of times on previous tours too :)

You never liked them before? So what was it that pulled you in? A specific album / song?

Lol ... as I said earlier, this could now be a lifelong addiction for you ;):P

sorry I didnt mean I didnt like them I meant I wasnt a big fan well not big enough to jion thier fanclub if you know what I mean? Ive only just listened tothem from last one How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb so ive a lot of catching up to dosmile.gifwas in a freinds house who had this cd were having a drink and I said how good it was she then proceeded to tell me Id missed the Verigo tour so wewatched a DVD Vertigo live from Chicago ...and as you say I may become hooked happy.gifand I think this is the place to start happy.gifHope im not boring youIve never jioned a fan club before am at work and finish in 5 mins so id better get off and home for my tea.....happy.gif

This is the place to start - you will "meet" many fans on here - some longtime and quite a few like yourself who only "got in to them"since the Atomic Bomb albumhappy.gif that does not make you any less of a fanthough wink.gif ... it's great that you will have all their back catalogueto discover ..... have funhappy.gif.

You are not boring me at all, it's good you have joined the fan club. This crazy place called the Zoo has many varied people and opinions from all overthe world - enjoy it. smile.gif

Where in the world are you? I'm from England.....

ps... enjoy your tea!wink.gif

*Listens to echoes* ...... Barry? Marie? Dawn? Liz?

I know the sun has been shining recently so ..... Did everyone bugger off on holiday and forget to take me?? *sobs* :(

Nice to see at least one person has been here!

Hiya Suzie :) The entre Zoo seems to have gone to sleep zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

woohoo.....wakey wakey everybody..

Time to give this place a shake up ....its way tooooo quiet.

Hello hello..................how is everyone.

I've not been here for a few days..........been run off my feet cooking for the last 2 days, and i'm still cooking now. Oh well, nearly finished. Just2 more things to do, then do the packaging and it's away I go. Will sit and do my sums tonight then it's the moment of truth. Still, nothing venturednothing gained so they tell me.

So, what's everyone else been doing then?

Liverpool Lizsmokin.gif

Hello All :-)

I'm feeling good Liz, thanks for asking. Packing? Away you go? Where you off to? Can I come with you? lol .... Venture far and gain plentifully mate! :-)

Just returned from a couple of hours of pampering here .... back, neck, shoulder & facial massage ..... sooooooo relaxing .....

Hey troops!

Well, I am feeling AWESOME, thanks for asking! Finished work for almost 4 weeks (wooooo hooooo) and just back from a hairy do followed by an eyelash tint.

The bad news is that my cab to the airport is at 7am tomorrow (less than 12 hours) and I've still to eat, sleep and pack (not started that yet). Hmmm.I'm always like this and I always manage it!

Val, I've got a massage booked for Friday to take away the strains of the flight, and also to try and sort an ongoing back muscle thingmy that the US dudefixed for me last time I was there. It's a long way to go every time I twinge it!

Oh, and this time next week I'll be in the GA line at Giant's Stadium.....OMG.

Hope all are well. I'll pop in and see you from the other side of the pond! XX

Suzie.....Have a brill time but don't wear yourself out...you'll need some energy for more travels when you get home again :-P

Demoted to page 2 .... ?? .... I think not! lol ......afternoon all my friendly peeps, hope you are all well :)

Where is Basher these days? He created the next generation & then went missing .....:( Hope you are ok mate x

bonome wrote:

This is the place to start - you will "meet" many fans on here - some longtime and quite a few like yourself who only "got in to them" since the Atomic Bomb album
happy.gif
that does not make you any less of a fan though
wink.gif
... it's great that you will have all their back catalogue to discover ..... have fun
happy.gif

You are not boring me at all, it's good you have joined the fan club. This crazy place called the Zoo has many varied people and opinions from all over the world - enjoy it.
smile.gif

Where in the world are you? I'm from England.....

ps... enjoy your tea!
wink.gif

Hi Bonome yes I had a good tea..Im from England ......outside Cornwall...live with my b/friend and 2 fish........happy.gifHoping to move to France with his work .wherever he goes I go . so u2 may comeback next yr?.I really must see them againhappy.gifhaving a coffee break justnow before I get ready to go home .I am having fun when I can on youtube looking at all the old U2 stuffhappy.gifLovely Larry has not changed a bit.

larryslamb wrote:
bonome wrote:
This is the place to start - you will "meet" many fans on here - some longtime and quite a few like yourself who only "got in to them" since the Atomic Bomb albumwink.gif Your username &last comment make me suspect you are a great Larry Mullen Jnr fan .... lol .....can't think why wink.gif

was good to see you pop in again .... take care, come back soon ... happy.gif

suziem wrote:

Hey troops!

Well, I am feeling AWESOME, thanks for asking! Finished work for almost 4 weeks (wooooo hooooo) and just back from a hairy do followed by an eyelash tint.

The bad news is that my cab to the airport is at 7am tomorrow (less than 12 hours) and I've still to eat, sleep and pack (not started that yet). Hmmm. I'm always like this and I always manage it!

Val, I've got a massage booked for Friday to take away the strains of the flight, and also to try and sort an ongoing back muscle thingmy that the US dude fixed for me last time I was there. It's a long way to go every time I twinge it!

Have a great time on your trip Suzie.... and enjoy that massagesmile.gif ....look forward to hearing from you on the other side of the pond xx

lizmen wrote:
Hello hello..................how is everyone.

I've not been here for a few days..........been run off my feet cooking for the last 2 days, and i'm still cooking now. Oh well, nearly finished. Just 2 more things to do, then do the packaging and it's away I go. Will sit and do my sums tonight then it's the moment of truth. Still, nothing ventured nothing gained so they tell me.

Liverpool Liztongue.gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk/liverpool/localhistory/journey/lime_street/adelphi/series.shtml

bonome wrote:

suziem wrote:

Hey troops!

The bad news is that my cab to the airport is at 7am tomorrow (less than 12 hours) and I've still to eat, sleep and pack (not started that yet). Hmmm. I'm always like this and I always manage it!

Val, I've got a massage booked for Friday to take away the strains of the flight, and also to try and sort an ongoing back muscle thingmy that the US dude fixed for me last time I was there. It's a long way to go every time I twinge it!

Have a great time on your trip Suzie.... and enjoy that massagehappy.gif

What Val said...

Have a fab time, love x x x

hi all just a quick pop by to say im still alive (just) and hope everyones ok see you all soon.

So glad to know you're still alive Bash! I have no other way of contacting you other than on here & was getting a bit concerned .....

[quote name=gibbo1968 wrote:

lizmen] Hello hello..................how is everyone.

I've not been here for a few days..........been run off my feet cooking for the last 2 days, and i'm still cooking now. Oh well, nearly finished. Just 2 more things to do, then do the packaging and it's away I go. Will sit and do my sums tonight then it's the moment of truth. Still, nothing ventured nothing gained so they tell me.

Liverpool Liztongue.gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk/liverpool/localhistory/journey/lime_street/adelphi/series.shtml

I have finished cooking yer daft bugger lol...................he was the main man him. hahahahaha

Liz? Is that you? Only one post? .... Is that what had to happen in order to sort out your profile problem? If it is you ... why does it say in your profile you're from South Carolina?  Why is it not your picture on the avi?

questions, questions, lol ... :)

Liz? Is that you? Only one post? .... Is that what had to happen in order to sort out your profile problem? questions, questions, lol ... :)
Yup, it's me Val, Liverpool Liz who now has the profile of Liz from California. Posted down in the techie thread again.........for the love of God this is driving me fucking  mental (and no comments there please Basher)

Liverpool Liz mad.gifsmokin.gif