Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xtraspicy62

"what time is it" ASKS BONO. WHAT DOES HE MEAN?

oh i cannot believe that i got to post a picture message earlier. Doesn't look like it's happening here tho' Why won't my little pictures light-up and let me click on them? Then I can post you a picture. vmh

wink.gifreport it to bigwave and if nothing is done zap the pants off em.......

x

have seen the pic xtra posted of bono , sheesh had me thinking of all sorts of thoughts , wild , wild ones , but the pic was removed by mods....must admit i wish i was a football facing east when looking at the pic...lol

oh needs to smack oneself again....

33:3 isn't a time but a bible reference which was also shown on the cover in the airport as a gate number from All That You Can't Leave Behind. Bono says he thinks of it as Gods phone number. Jeremiah 33:3 "'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."

as quoted from roxyhart from the general forum

You are correct, X, AND, Bono has often referred to this particular scripture as "God's telephone number," in other words, it's God's way of saying "ask and I will answer!" Hence, "Unknown Caller" might be God....and He only remains unknown if we refuse to listen. :)

thanks for this input...its so sweet Tracy....theres so much negativity on this board. i really appreciate your positivity, sunshine....

have seen the pic xtra posted of bono , sheesh had me thinking of all sorts of thoughts , wild , wild ones , but the pic was removed by mods....must admit i wish i was a football facing east when looking at the pic...lol

oh needs to smack oneself again....

Can you message me that picture...lol I'm intersted to see what it is :)

With Unknown Caller

Maybe he's out of body and he's at the scene waiting to witness what happened to cause his death....that makes sense to me.

33:3 isn't a time but a bible reference which was also shown on the cover in the airport as a gate number from All That You Can't Leave Behind. Bono says he thinks of it as Gods phone number. Jeremiah 33:3 "'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."

as quoted from roxyhart from the general forum

WOW

This is great!!!!!!

Thumbs up man!!!!!

yes time is important....we need to make a difference NOW, before its too late....
I have downloaded and listened to about a dozen different shows from the tour....and Bono has asked the question "What time is it?" in a few different places throughout the set list. So I also think his question is meant to provoke thoughts similar to what X has posted above -- the idea that the time is NOW to "Stand Up" (as in Stand Up Comedy), Get on Your Boots (or put on the armour of God) and "walk out into the street" (from Breathe). I think it's a call to action for all of us to stand up for what we believe in - and hopefully, that includes standing up against injustices in the world. It may also be standing up against FEAR, which has paralyzed so many since 911. Bono also refers to time in City of Blinding Lights, which is about how he felt performing at MSG right after 911, and being a part of that concert of healing for so many people. I believe he is saying there that he is not going to allow the state the world, with all its horrors, to rob him of the joy he has in believing in Christ. "Time...won't take the boy out of this man"..... children are so much better at joy than we adults are!