Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

manon amos

Protest about U2 being cut off AGAIN on NBC's SNL!

Good morning,

I wrote to NBC because the station has cut U2's performance of Ultraviolet at the end of SNL. I said that I would not watch NBC until they reschedule the performance.

Here is the link: 

I will not stand for it. The lads deserve a lot more respect!

Let them know that you will not stand for it either.

Manon

just too bad they couldn't have cut out one of the skits so the band could do their third song to the end. At least that mumbling travel lady that kept saying "just kidding"

they cut off a song, is it so bad? its not like you have never heard ultraviolet before is it?

but it's one of their best songs isn't it lol

Well i like it and would have been gutted to have it cut off

they cut off a song, is it so bad? its not like you have never heard ultraviolet before is it?

It is a question of respect and I will never mind hearing a U2 song a thousand times!

[quote name='manon amos wrote:

MacFoley']they cut off a song, is it so bad? its not like you have never heard ultraviolet before is it?

It is a question of respect and I will never mind hearing a U2 song a thousand times!it happens all the time, not just to U2 so there is no disrespect to them.  count yourself lucky you got to see a portion of the song at all, they could have only shown the first two.

they could have easily cut a few minutes of megan fox's "LOOK AT ME IM PRETTY AND BITCHY!" moments to save for Ultraviolet..... thats what i say. cause im the eyefungi!

[quote name='manon amos wrote:

MacFoley']they cut off a song, is it so bad? its not like you have never heard ultraviolet before is it?

It is a question of respect and I will never mind hearing a U2 song a thousand times!but broadcast rules are broadcast rules and even if it was jesus christ performing even he would have been cut off. u2 would have known there is a cut off point when these shows get broadcasted so if they went over too bad.

NY is a union run city....even U2's tech crew can't touch their own equipment, or let alone mix the band. In order to push their cases around, the local union crew has to be the one doing it. As for the NY NBC studio, same thing applies....and it's the NBC's producer that calls the shots on these calls. U2 is well aware of these things...and that's why they give a mini concert to the lucky few that's in the studio for the filming.

NBC added footage of Ultraviolet tonight on SNL...yes, it was a rerun that was worth watching! Woohoo! I am going to thank NBC!

Do you mean that this time they played it in full?!? Fantastic! I hope someone will upload it on YT (or is it viewable on their website, too?)