Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paigecat

I do not appreciate Bono's comments in the New York Times

Recommended Posts


Bono,

Why are you constantly giving my country advice on how we should run our country? What business of it is yours? Obama has created more debt to this country with his stimulus package than ALL U.S. PRESIDENTS COMBINED!!!! How do you condone such things? You aren't an american citizen, it isn't your business or place to tell US how to run our country that many people died to fight for our liberty, rights, and freedoms from tyranny. This isn't a country that was found on marxist/socialism ideas! I'm tired of elitest celebrities, like yourself, telling us on how we are to accept Obama's policies ignoring what real americans think! Do you not know that most americans, especially senior citizens, oppose this health care plan? Only the  young don't care because they are young and healthy and think they won't ever die. I'm 38 years old and I do care. I don't want more taxes breathing down my or my husband's neck, how do any of you think that these things will be funded.  You can be taxed to death and you still have enough in the bank not to be affected. Obama will be a one term president! This health care bill passes all of the die hard liberals will be voted out of office next year's election. I'm proud to be an American! I am a woman and proud! My ancestors fought in the American Revolution and I'll be damned to see our freedom and liberty go in the toliet so socialism can reign supreme. I do know the New York Post is very, very liberal. You may never read this post but I'm putting it up on your site. How else am I to express my opinions to a unreachable person such as yourself. I have never disliked you, I've been a fan since my teens. I like alot of U2's music and I know you do alot of good things but this isn't one of them. God bless you.

In Christ,

Paige

I bet you voted for McCain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='Tinyonetree wrote:


tracy c.']Paigecat....you will find in here very quickly, that if you disagree with Obama's policies...you are a lunatic. 

 

And you are not a lunatic, period. 

 

My two cents worth, how can the government run our health care system???  Just want I want to do, turn my health over to the government...we see how well they did with the bail outs and every other government run program!! 

 

I am not saying that health care changes are not in order, I just don't think the government should be in charge of it.....but that is a form of socialism for you.  Why not start with changing insurance and pharmaceutical companies??  Just a thought....but then many in our government don't have a brain to think with....

Why is it so hard to change the insurance companies and the pharmaceutical companies? They're private -- and they will fight tooth and nail to keep the government out of their money-making businesses, no matter how much it costs them. And the last anti-regulation administration was only too willing to help in that regard.

 

Plus, I've got some news for you: The government runs Medicare.

 

And all those seniors that Paige says are against the health care bill? Guess what. They have Medicare -- government-run health care. Lots of old people seem to like it. And lots of 'em don't know it's run by the government.

 

And Paige, why care about poor people who have no health care? I guess you don't know what it's like to work at a low-paying job with no health insurance and have a kid with a serious illness?

 

Or, be refused health insurance because of some pre-existing condition you had years and years ago?

 

Or, lose your job and your health insurance and find that you've got breast cancer -- and no way to get treatment?

 

Loads of people die every day in this country because they have no health care.

 

Paying for it is a matter of priorities. Do you want your money going to Afghanistan or Iraq? Or, do you want health care for all?

 

 

Because of the examples you have mentioned I would not mind paying a certain percentage of my salary into a social budget and later used to pay for healthcare, medicine and doctors for people who need it. Even if I am lucky enough and do not have to receive any pay myself for years.

 

But you never know when something can go wrong...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Is this still here?
Apparantly so Panth so i'll leave the reply i left before all those pages disappeared into the u2 bermuda triangle.

 

I can see where Paigecat is  coming from and makes a valid point.

 

Now most folks know me and know i love to have a bit of "fun" with new folk but the difference here is Paigecat is not posting and running he/she (sorry don't know ya) is at least standing up for his/herself and well done to you for doing that.

 

My 2 pennys on this one well i come from a country that has free healthcare and im sure this country would be well fucked if folk had to pay for health care here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='basher1 wrote:


Panth']Is this still here?

Apparantly so Panth so i'll leave the reply i left before all those pages disappeared into the u2 bermuda triangle.

 

I can see where Paigecat is  coming from and makes a valid point.

 

Now most folks know me and know i love to have a bit of "fun" with new folk but the difference here is Paigecat is not posting and running he/she (sorry don't know ya) is at least standing up for his/herself and well done to you for doing that.

 

My 2 pennys on this one well i come from a country that has free healthcare and im sure this country would be well fucked if folk had to pay for health care here.

 

Is dead right Basher...........our healthcare is paid for by our taxes and an excellent healthcare system we have too. Ok, so you have to wait a little while for a non urgent appointment but so what, it's non urgent. Anything that is urgent and needs surgery/treatment is sorted and done almost straight away. From my mum finding a problem, to hospital appointment, tests being done (which took several weeks due to the tests that needed to be done) to her having surgery for cancer took less than 5 weeks. We can just go to an emergency department and be seen and treatment given, or surgery done. I know, cos i've fucking been there on several occasions. Hell, they saved my life at one point through their expertese

 

If I lived in the USA I would be done for, cos I couldn't afford private healthcare cos of the health problems I have

 

Thanks my twopennce worth

 

Liverpool Lizsmokin.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's one thing I strongly agree with B: Everyone's problems should be our problem

This world is globalized for better or for worse and now we can all see and be affected by what's happening to every country I think this world by now should be ruled over the same laws (Too utopic I know) but there's just one statement I can share and not regret mentioning: 


Borders are a selfish way of living.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Standing up to a discriminatory idea doesn´t make you brave, it makes you prejudiced.

No what you are not understanding here is that it does not matter if it is discriminatory or not i was pointing out the fact that at least Paigecat has hung around and stuck up for themself instead of running away and hiding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='basher1 wrote:


Bonohood']
Standing up to a discriminatory idea doesn´t make you brave, it makes you prejudiced.

No what you are not understanding here is that it does not matter if it is discriminatory or not i was pointing out the fact that at least Paigecat has hung around and stuck up for themself instead of running away and hiding.

 

okay i get your point, but is that honourable? here in belgium we've got a political party with rather discriminating, anti-immigrant ideas; they're standing up for their believe too! but i for sure dont admire them for doing so!

there are even people out there denying the holocaust ever happened; hey, they even say it in the paper, in talkshows,.. doesn't make them hero's in my eyes...frown.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you think healthcare reform is about healthcare reform you might want to wake up out of the dead sleep your in. Bottom line it's about our government taking over our healthcare system and destroying the private sector to gain full control over every aspect of your life. They are controlling the media and portraying our healthcare system as the worst in the world. They are lying about our healthcare system and also teaching young children to lie about it also in propaganda commercials. Yes our system has flaws and and cost needs to be controlled but if you think that 1200 page pile of shit they are about to shove down our throats is a good plan your a loon. Socailized healthcare will be this countrys biggest mistake. But you progressives already know that. You want our country to go bankrupt so you can completely change our system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where the hell is Bono's piece in the NYT that started all this. If there's a link in this thread I've missed it. I'd like to read it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me too surrenders, but I need more sleep first.........

 

Goodnight everyone

x

Hope they can post it in here.....

My eyes are stinging..........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here it is, I'm assuming http://www.nytimes.com/20...0/18/opinion/18bono.html

 

BTW, our (U.S.) healthcare system sucks ass and I work in it. On the news recently, a baby was denied insurance coverage because he was considered to fat. WHAT? Babies are suppose plump! Few days later, a toddler, a girl, was denied insurance coverage because she was to thin. WHAT? WHAT?

 

This is how our fucked up insurance companies work. Oh yeah, we don't need reform do we? YES WE DO!! 

But what may come out of our government as far as healthcare reform isn't it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the link I posted above is the right editorial, I have absolutely no freakin clue why the person who started this rant has a problem with what Bono said. If it's the wrong editorial, please point me to the right one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ohwell.gifMy personal opinion ,

Obama is a common man coming from your average household  from what I suspect and what was said at United Nations last month ,

; '' We will support the Mellinnium Development Goals , and approach next year's summit with a global plan to make them a reality . And we will set our sights on the eradication of extreme poverty in our time .''

 

Is what any decent person would  aim to say and do '' and of coarse commendable''. How a man who appears , ( I say appears ) to be standing in his position with such , which seems devotion is beyond me as I consider most who press on to that career are power thirsty to some degree.

 

No matter great his background is and what he says and does ( with success ) which is great and advantageous , I dont dispute ........Im sure many rest their hope in such as it seems true noble gestures but the horrible truth is

his work will not last forever , what citizens need is stability and security as well as sincerity, presidents come and go and ideas and that stability is never assured  and whether he stays or not theres one thing he does not follow strictly , and that is Gods law the Bible , which is stable .

The Bible clearly states many rules which arnt followed .

Truly if we all followed the bible , there would be peace on earth  ( rule 1 love your neighbor as yourself ), man alone by his own ways can not bring forth everlasting''' peace on earth , only a creator  can such as God , and the Bible states that when his Kingdom comes '' Gods kingdom'', it will crush all other kingdoms and will be for times indefinate............

And that is why it is in the lords prayer ; Let your Kingdom come , let your will take place...........

 

Check it for yourself

Matt  6;10

Dan 2;44

So as good and successful as he may be and the change that he provides  as well as the lives that he saves is truely not for times indefinate although highly admired.............

But of coarse this is just my opinion and view in harmony with Bible........* smiles*

 

I liked reading your views and ways of thinking though  , what a true heartfelt man would think without looking up'' for real hope.............

x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got that right, I have stuck around! I'm not going to let liberals on a forum scare me off by cyber bullying. I find that funny if you don't agree with someone about an issue then you are prejudiced. If that's the case we all are prejudiced. I just know it kills liberals to hear of opinions that are opposite of them. Majority of the media is liberal biased and yet they still aren't satisfied and wants everyone to think like drones. If your not politically correct then you are slapped with all kinds of slander and prejudices. It is ok to be diversified unless you are a Christian conservative then you are labeled a hater of everything. If anyone knows anything about Christianity it is about love and kindness. The Lord says never to hate anyone that it is a sin and I do not hate anybody. You can dislike an opinion or idea but to claim hate is wrong and is a sin. Christ tells us to love. I have a gay cousin, I do not agree with her choice of lifestyle but I do not ostracize her and hate her. I love her and will always love her. I care for her deeply and I've been over to her house . So, don't judge me, and think I'm a bad person, none of you know me nor do you know what I've been through in life.

Paige

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Duh? I know they do and this new health care plan will cut 500 billion dollars from it, what are our senior citizens going to do? They are going to be put onto the back burner and be given the least care. The new health care plan wanted to create death panels to meet with senior citizens on their options. This will even put government more between you and your doctor. My general doctor told me that if someone needed an MRI they would have to wait a month vs. a week or less. There is going to be a shortage of doctors to pick up the slack for the 30 million newly covered people and this will create rationing of care. It just will think about it. And many doctors have said they will retire if this thing goes through, therefore, even less doctors available for patients and there is a shortage of upcoming new doctors being trained for the field in school. Use your brain. And the current trouble we are having was created by our government 50 years ago. Good grief, don't you do your homework? If they hadn't mandated that employers had to give coverage 50 years ago we wouldn't be in the mess we are in. We don't need more government intervention. Don't you know that anything the government is involved with they just make a bigger mess. There are 1700 insurance companies in this country, and with the public option many businesses will drop the private insurance because the rates will go up and be too expensive for the employers to pay for and the public option will have them save money. If you are unemployed/or have no insurance with this plan you will have to pay $1000 a year for insurance whether you can afford it or not isn't the government's problem and IF you don't pay for it you will be penalized with a fine that exceeds this amount. You may not have pre existing conditions but you will be paying out the nose for what you need and if you can't afford it your even more screwed because the government will make your fines double of what you have to pay for yearly insurance. I didn't make this stuff up in my head, I read it on fox news online. And don't you say oh fox news they are a biased web site, no they just report facts instead of making everyone stay ignorant on the situation. And yes, I have and do have pre existing conditions and yes I have been out of work plenty of times without insurance and yes, I have worked low low paying jobs. Man, your obnoxious to be throwing accusations at me. You DO NOT KNOW ME!!!! I have osteopenia in my hips and have had it for years and if you need to know what that is it is the level right above osteoporosis. I was 2 points off from having osteoporosis in my hips, even though this is none of your business, I'm telling you because of the junk you said about me. I've had this since my late 20's. And if you know of anyone with anorexia they can develop this because of not getting the correct nutrition. I have insurance now through my husband and before him through whatever jobs I worked for and when I was out of a job I didn't have any. I know all about it but I know there are social workers for people without insurance I know someone who does this route and she doesn't have health insurance through her employers.

Paige

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are social workers for people without insurance? if you could elaborate on that paigecat I would appreciate it. As far as I know, most people without insurance don't go to the doctor unless it becomes an emergency...at which time they go to an emergency room, which ends ups generating a huge bill which is usually never paid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='Tinyonetree wrote:


tracy c.']Paigecat....you will find in here very quickly, that if you disagree with Obama's policies...you are a lunatic. 

 

And you are not a lunatic, period. 

 

My two cents worth, how can the government run our health care system???  Just want I want to do, turn my health over to the government...we see how well they did with the bail outs and every other government run program!! 

 

I am not saying that health care changes are not in order, I just don't think the government should be in charge of it.....but that is a form of socialism for you.  Why not start with changing insurance and pharmaceutical companies??  Just a thought....but then many in our government don't have a brain to think with....

Why is it so hard to change the insurance companies and the pharmaceutical companies? They're private -- and they will fight tooth and nail to keep the government out of their money-making businesses, no matter how much it costs them. And the last anti-regulation administration was only too willing to help in that regard.

 

Plus, I've got some news for you: The government runs Medicare.

 

And all those seniors that Paige says are against the health care bill? Guess what. They have Medicare -- government-run health care. Lots of old people seem to like it. And lots of 'em don't know it's run by the government.

 

And Paige, why care about poor people who have no health care? I guess you don't know what it's like to work at a low-paying job with no health insurance and have a kid with a serious illness?

 

Or, be refused health insurance because of some pre-existing condition you had years and years ago?

 

Or, lose your job and your health insurance and find that you've got breast cancer -- and no way to get treatment?

 

Loads of people die every day in this country because they have no health care.

 

Paying for it is a matter of priorities. Do you want your money going to Afghanistan or Iraq? Or, do you want health care for all?

 

 

Might I add that social security also seems to be very popular amongnst alot of the people who are screaming against government run healthcare. Try talking to them about privatizing social security. And what is currently on the table is not government run healthcare. It is an option to have healthcare insurance provided by the government. the idea is to get insurance companies to cmpete against this option. For some weird reason, the insurance companies don't seem to like this idea!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:


basher1 wrote:

Bonohood']
Standing up to a discriminatory idea doesn´t make you brave, it makes you prejudiced.

No what you are not understanding here is that it does not matter if it is discriminatory or not i was pointing out the fact that at least Paigecat has hung around and stuck up for themself instead of running away and hiding.

 

okay i get your point, but is that honourable? here in belgium we've got a political party with rather discriminating, anti-immigrant ideas; they're standing up for their believe too! but i for sure dont admire them for doing so!

there are even people out there denying the holocaust ever happened; hey, they even say it in the paper, in talkshows,.. doesn't make them hero's in my eyes...frown.gif

 

yes it is honourable in this day and age to do so.

 

lets face it all over the world and especially in this website there are people who go on about peoples right to freedom of speech but as soon as someone puts something they don't agree with then people try to take that right away from them.

 

last week in the U.K was a prime excample when the leader of the BNP was invited onto a political discussion forum and people protested.....no doubt these would be the same people who would jump up and down because someone elses freedom of speech was taken away yes you can speak freely but only if you say what we want you to say......these people can just piss off as far as i am concerned you can't have it both ways.

 

at the end of the day if people want to air thier views on anything they should be allowed to and if people don't agree then just stop reading/listening to them simple as that i mean all this fuss because someone states they are sick of Bono poking his nose in to their country.......fair enough i say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If you think healthcare reform is about healthcare reform you might want to wake up out of the dead sleep your in. Bottom line it's about our government taking over our healthcare system and destroying the private sector to gain full control over every aspect of your life. They are controlling the media and portraying our healthcare system as the worst in the world. They are lying about our healthcare system and also teaching young children to lie about it also in propaganda commercials. Yes our system has flaws and and cost needs to be controlled but if you think that 1200 page pile of shit they are about to shove down our throats is a good plan your a loon. Socailized healthcare will be this countrys biggest mistake. But you progressives already know that. You want our country to go bankrupt so you can completely change our system.
why do you think it would be bad? so many countries  (like mine) have a healthcaresystem controlled by the goverment..maybe you' re the one that's informed wrong? you make it sound like a conspiracy to take away your money?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.