Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bigwave

Historic Performance at Berlin's Brandenburg Gate

medium.jpg

U2 will perform in front of Berlin�s Brandenburg Gate next Thursday,November 5, as part of the 16th MTV Europe Music Awards. And you canregister now for a chance to get a pair of free tickets.

As a prelude to the Fall of The Wall celebrations in Berlin, the bandreturn to the city for a free ticketed performance which will be beamedinto the 2009 MTV Europe Music Awards.

'It'll be an exciting spot to be in, 20 years almost to the day sincethe wall came down.' said Paul McGuinness, U2's manager. 'Should befun.'

Tickets to attend 'MTV EMAs present U2 at the Brandenburg Gate' will be free of charge and available by registering HERE (English Language) or HERE (German language) from 0900 (CET) on Wednesday 28 October 2009.

Tickets, which will take the form of a bar-coded e-ticket, will beavailable on a first-come, first-served basis and will be restricted toa maximum of 2 per applicant. Access to the performance will bestrictly via one advance, scanned e-ticket per person. Tickets will notbe available on the night.

'The exceptional musical heritage of this year's EMAs spans genres andgenerations and we are extremely proud to be bringing U2 to Berlin forthis extraordinary performance,' said Antonio Campo Dall'Orto, EVP,Music Brands, MTV Networks International and Executive Producer for theMTV Europe Music Awards. 'This year's Awards will be remembered as thenight when the world's major music players came together against thebackdrop of the fall of the Berlin Wall to celebrate music, freedom andthe birth of a new age in Europe.'

The MTV Europe Music Awards will take place at the 02 World, Berlin onThursday 5 November 2009 and will be broadcast live on MTV at 9pm CET.The MTV Europe Music Awards are sponsored by Sony Ericsson, MTVGames/Harmonic�s The Beatles�: Rock Band� and Dell.For more information � and to vote � please go towww.mtvema.com

Woo hoo! Guess this means those of us that can't be there can catch it on MTV :-)

Bigwave.....the EMA's are not usually run on MTV here in the States. Any info on if this will be available on line, or rebroadcast on MTV in the US? You always have the best info....

Wish I could just get on a plane......

Beth

A thought came to mind, what if the band did the entire Achtung Baby album like Springsteen has done recently.

Hey, a fan can dream can't I? But THAT would be the balls!!!

A thought came to mind, what if the band did the entire Achtung Baby album like Springsteen has done recently.

If I had the money, I would definitely grab a pair of tickets and fly over to Berlin!

If I had the money, I would definitely grab a pair of tickets and fly over to Berlin!

Me too, Kris! Ticket reservations start in 10 minutes, we would only have to pay for the flight... But I have to work on Friday! mad.gif

@ Beth: I do think there will be a live stream, but maybe it will available only in Europe :( I can check later, anyway.

And let's hope Bono will still have his voice... I wonder if they will bring the UV mic like on SNL laugh.gif 

Hmmm, trying to get the tickets and its all locked up of course. Bad thing is the messages are all in German so had to go to Babel Fish and translate to figure out what was happening. Had even gotten to where i could pick two tickets and had a shopping cart come up and then....German messages that looked like wait but actually say to try again. Frustrating...but expected. Good Luck to anyone else trying though! I have to go back to bed soon cause I have work in a couple of hours ;-)

Well, there are tickets for A and for B,  wonder if those are different sides of the stage?  Anyway, A are all gone and B is still spinning...I'm seeing red...closed_de.jpg

grrrr got through twice (at 9:03 and just now) but got an error page after going for A the first time and B the second :-(

Well, still getting same window.  My five year old just came out to see why mommy is awake at 3:30 in the morning...Mommy duty calls, so i am off to put this little guy back to bed and then i am going back to bed too.  tired.gif

Congratulations if you got some tickets!

whats the right tactic to get to the tickets? refresh the browser every 1,3 seconds or just wait until the red picture disappears?

whats the right tactic to get to the tickets? refresh the browser every 1,3 seconds or just wait until the red picture disappears?

Well whatever I'm doing, I'm failing miserably! Still nothing mad.gif

An error (500 Internal Server Error) has occured in response to this request.

aaaaaaaargh!!!

at 9 got 2 tickets in the basket and then it showed a error. Getting the same Message nearly now over a hour or you are in a waiting room please try later

at 9 got 2 tickets in the basket and then it showed a error. Getting the same Message nearly now over a hour or you are in a waiting room please try later

Exactly what I had. I could go for 2 tickets in the A section but there was no link to 'validate' and then got bounced to an error page.

Internal Server Error - Read

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Reference #3.b402434d.1256720338.0