Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kristaps

ZOOTOPIA X-mas Cards Exchange 2009

-moniy999-thanks-Happy ZOO year!

-liljennie-thanks for all good wishes

-darby2-OMG! bono on a calendar I can look at EVERY DAY!!!

-monica-beautiful italia postage stamp is going into my scrapbook! Thanks for the cool OXFAM card reminding me to fight poverty and injustice in over 120 countries by going to www.oxfamireland.org.....also, thanks for the awsome tour photo!!

-juneT-thanks for reminding me to have Faith and Hope!(Is that your black lab on the address label?)

-jackie_llopis-thanks for the Holly Jolly! and the bono picture!

-Elaine1202-if I kiss the toad, does he become bono?

-thanks erika and rick-I wish u2 beautiful memories in 2010 as well!!

-Natty 26-wow a snowman in 3D! Beautiful!!!

And the cards keep coming! roll.gif
Thank you to everyone who sent cards, whether you sent 1 or 81 -- each one is welcomed with joy!

I am grateful to the following (batch #3!) - all from North America:
Marcy, Jordyn, and Heath (the dog): Love the concert photo of the 4 lads
Sarah Desiree: Gorgeous hand-crafted U2 card 
Chris & Alesha: Nice personal touch with your U2 photo card
Dorenda: Love the Bono Christmas card
Nlaffhims: Brilliant photo card! Love the layout
Bonoboop33: Nice use of a photo card - and a great photo
Garycubby: Inspired! 
Braillergirl: Beautiful hand-crafted card
Bonnie: Nice card from Milwaukee! Been there the last two years on our way to Airventure in Oshkosh
June: Lovely card with timely sentiment
Collectoraholic: Love the (red) card

And to those of you who mailed your cards late, that's great! Gives us something to look forward to after Christmas happy.gif

That's to everyone who has sent me a card! I'd list you all, but it would take too much and I"d miss my work :D

A huge thank you to everyone who have sent me lovely cards, photos and everything. I love them all!!!

Kristaps
Dorenda Coleman
Bonoboop33
Justsonia
Brett Dahill
Alesham
Vtlibrarian
JuneT
Lfockler
Dewbs
Garycubby
Claire T
MsDale
Izzy2u
Pamkellett
Polyanna
Ingrida
Xraspicy62
Nlaffhims
Braillergirl
U2JEM
Collectoraholic
Bonopenn
GeorgiaGirl
Mayra11

Thank you to Angel Eyes (too funny!), GeorgiaGirl, the Gibbos (see you in Philly, I hope),natty26, Polly, MissJ (Hauoli Makahiki Hou!),Nikaliptus (love the magnet),and TerriB. I loved the cards and the sentiments.

Happy New Year!

as soon as I finished the last post the mail carrier delivered a card from beborah - thank you for the great card! very cute :)

I had already posted my thanks in the other paid site, but I'm going to post my thanks to everyone in here as well.  Again THANK YOU EVERYONE for the lovely cards.  HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

Thanks to:  "Dorenda Coleman", "J Barnych", "Monica Martino", "Bonoboop33", "Just Sonia", "Brett Dahill", "Nikaliptus", "Alesha M", "Bonopenn", "June T", "L Fockler", "Sharkbait", "GaryCubby", "Irishlassnj", "Sarah Desiree", "Izzy2u", "Lil Jennie", "U2 Jem", "Collectoraholic", "Braillergirl", "Erika10021/Rick-1", "Bonosbaby25", "Ingrida", "Darby2", "KatieML", "Xtraspicy62" and "Georgiagirl".

I had already posted my thanks in the other paid site, but I'm going to post my thanks to everyone in here as well.  Again THANK YOU EVERYONE for the lovely cards.  HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

Thanks to:  "Dorenda Coleman", "J Barnych", "Monica Martino", "Bonoboop33", "Just Sonia", "Brett Dahill", "Nikaliptus", "Alesha M", "Bonopenn", "June T", "L Fockler", "Sharkbait", "GaryCubby", "Irishlassnj", "Sarah Desiree", "Izzy2u", "Lil Jennie", "U2 Jem", "Collectoraholic", "Braillergirl", "Erika10021/Rick-1", "Bonosbaby25", "Ingrida", "Darby2", "KatieML", "Xtraspicy62" and "Georgiagirl".

Thanks Nikaliptus!!!

wooo-hoo to niki!-thanks for the awsome card from aussie with the cool picture of u2 right on the envelope-just love the aussie christmas Island stamp....and thanks for the cool u2 magnet! went right up on my fridge! And thanks for the ammesty International card with Aung on it and the U2 stamp inside!wow-terrific and thoughtful and creative...you just blew me away!! Love it so much that u put so much love into making that card, right down to adding the little sparkly star at your signature!!

I would love to meet you some day!

My apologies for the delayed posting of thanks for all the fabulous cards I have received in this year's card exchange...there are some very talented and creative Zootops out there, and I love every single card I have received, so thank you all so much for making the effort to send your cards all the way to Australia! :o)

Dorenda Coleman thanks for the fantastic snowflake photo card – looks like it was taken at some form of meet & greet, so I hope that means you got to meet him(?)!

Jbarnych thank you for the beautiful (RED) card and cool photo collage insert!

Monica Martino funny kangaroo card (very appropriate!), and a great Dublin concert photo – hope you had as much fun as I did in Dublin!

Cathkel thanks for the cute starry Santa card all the way from Ireland!

Bonoboop33 fab photo card, and good choice of photo to use!

Justsonia thank you for the lovely glittery card!

Brett Dahill thank you for the ‘Tree-Free' card and pretty matching envelope!

LMM woohoo, another great (RED) card, with a yummy pic of the band inside – and thank you for your lovely message of thanks for my card etc. in your post, and I’m glad you got to wear last year’s bracelet in Vancouver, I only wish I could have been there with you!

Alesham cool photo card of you and Chris under the claw – hope it was a great show for you both – and cute stickers on the envelope too!

Bonopenn great sentiment inside the card, and fab pics to boot!

Vtlibrarian thank you for the beautiful dove card, and I hope you can make it over here one day soon too!

JuneT thanks for the lovely card – and cute return address sticker too!

Lfockler love the address label, and thank you for the cute card!

shark bait what a great photo for your postcard, and I’m so glad you made it to a show this year (and I’ll reply to your email soon)!

Garycubby wow…genious…LOVE it!

Sarah Desiree fab photo made even better with the glitter ‘snow-storm’ (and it was lovely to meet you in Dublin too)!

Izzy2u thanks for the cool Music Rising/Edge card!

U2 JEM congrats on winning the trip to Dublin, and what an amazing photo on your card!

Pollyanna thank you for the lovely postcard, and it was very sweet of you to remember and thank me for last year’s gift!

Collectoraholic I love (RED) cards (I’ve never seen them in shops over here), and thank you also for your sweet message about hoping we get Aussie tour dates soon!

Moniy999 thanks for the glittery santa card, and ‘Happy Zoo Year’ to you too!

Braillergirl awww B, your cards are always amazing (they must take you forever to make?), and thank you for your kind words and newspaper clipping!  (Have you seen it?  My aunt took me for my birthday a couple of months ago, but I think I got more enjoyment out of pointing at the screen and saying ‘I’ve been there!’ for all the Dublin-based locations than I did out of watching the other 2 guitarists! lol)

Pebs Miss T, thank you for the cute card…love the new outfits on the dolls!

Ingrida thank you for the lovely star card and sweet message (and cute sticker) inside!

BigBlue02 I can’t put it into words properly, but I’m very drawn to the picture on your postcard, thank you!

Xtraspicy62 thanks for the cute starry snowman card, and your very sweet words of thanks for my card etc. in your post, I’m glad you liked what I sent, I really enjoy brainstorming ideas for the card exchange, so it’s lovely to hear when people appreciate all the little elements, and I would love to meet you some day too!

Thankyou_orange.jpg

thank you soooo much to:

- marcyl: lovely card! i believe in the magic :)

- U2jem: i think we met in dublin!

- JuneT: thank you very much! :)

THANKS TO POLLY FOR MY VERY FIRST CARD FROM SWEDEN!....GOING RIGHT INTO SCRAPBOOK!

THANKS FOR ALL THE LOVE AND COOL U2 STUFF IN THE CARD, SLYVIA!

THANKS TO BONNY_STEPH FOR THE SWEET AND LOVEING DAISY WISHES!!

Thanks, Pebs, for the lovely card. Great stamp, too!

Thank you so so so much everyone for all the Christmas cards!!! you really made it the best Christmas I've ever had!!! :) I'll be putting everything I got into a scrapbook!! thanks again everyone!

-Jackie

Got 2 more cards during the last week. Thanks to Nikaliptus (I love the magnet!) and Braillergirl. I've got quite a stack of cards from my fellow Zootopians. Thanks for making this such a fun Christmas!! smile.gif

thanks braillegirl for the really cool homemade card...so much time and effort that took...now thats an act of love!

Well, Christmas may be over, but the awesome Zootop cards keep coming in…

LOVE IT!!! :o)

…and this week’s Thank Yous go out to…

Inger thanks for the great photo card with not 1, not 2, but 7 (just Like Edge’s Elevation tour shirt, lol) fab pics on it!

LiLJennie thank you for the lovely card!

Jojes that’s an awesome photo…did you take it yourself?…either way, good choice, and a sweet handwritten message too!

bonosbaby25 what a cute card…thank you!

Darby2 lmao…great minds think alike hey?!?...and a fantastic photo too!

KatiemL thank you for your card, and another fab photo to add to my collection!

GeorgiaGirl thanks for the sweet little card and the pic…I’m thinking I might make it into a bookmark for my copy of U2BYU2!

Heli cool…I didn’t even know it was possible to design your own Hallmark cards, and I LOVE Snoopy (or “Noopay†as I used to call him as a kid, lol)…and I’m absolutely chuffed that you still wear last year’s gift to every U2 event – especially as it even includes when buying tickets!

ThankEwe.gif

whew! even more cards...every day AFTER CHRISTMAS!

debk-Big thanks for the incredible home made card with the beautiful "the future needs a big kiss" magnet inside!!! wow, that took so much love and time and effort in and of itself-a real gift- not to mention the magnet gift too! Love that magnet on my fridge where I see it every day and it gives me HOPE...really, fills me with hope for the future!

John from Ireland-thaks so much! I wanted a card especially from you. I just love the stamp from Ireland! Its going into my scrapbook! Wish I could visit the Emerald Isle, as I've heard its so beautiful. Thanks so much for sending me a card!

More cards to thank for! Big Thanks go out to:

I-70:  Love the postcard!  Thanks!

Inger-Great homemade card.  Love the Gothenburg pics!  Thank you for sending me one.

Heli-I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED your card, as I love Snoopy.  So Snoopy with a framed Bono pic, what more could a girl want? wink.gif  Thank you!

Jojes:  Love the homemade card!  Great memories of that song from the concerts. Thanks!

Deborah:  Fantastic handmade card!  Such a great idea!  Thanks!

Braillergirl:  Beautiful card!  Thanks so much!

1FanHolli:  Fantastic card!  All the pics are GREAT!  Thank you!

natty26:  Darling card.  Thanks for thinking of me.

vtlibrarian:  Such a cute card!  My girls loved it.  Thanks!

Pollyanna:  Beautiful postcard!  Love the stamp too!  Thanks so much for thinking of me.

Erika10021 & Rick-1:  What a lovely card!  Thank you!

Miss J:  Love the card!  & The picture of Bono was a nice little bonus. wink.gif  Thanks so much!

& Another resounding thanks to Kristaps for setting this all up.  thumbsup.gif  We all truly appreciate your efforts.  This was a fantastic way to celebrate the season.  May we all enjoy more U2 in the New Year! banana.gif

Thanks everyone for the beautiful cards.....I got before I left for Iceland.......and those that will be waiting for me when I get back to Sweden.

Thanks, Jojes! it was so special and heart warming a message and card! Thanks again!

(the post office didnt mess up!!)

thanks braillegirl for the really cool homemade card...so much time and effort that took...now thats an act of love!

Hi xtraspicy,

Thank you so much for your kind message. I'm so glad that you liked the 'Butterfly Effect' card. I enjoy making [and receiving!] 'real mail'. For sentimental reasons, I prefer to call it 'pony express mail'. Plus, doesn't Santa Claus still deliver youngsters' presents by hand? [Hmm, and the Easter Bunny and Halloween treaters .. and of course, Zootopians!]

BTW, great interpretation of my card. Yes, it's two origami hearts joined together to form a butterfly. So with this easy-to-make origami model, you can actually celebrate numerous special occasions including Valentine's Day, birthdays, weddings, etc.

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Here's to a great New Year!

B.

Well crap, I can't believe I forgot to thank Georgia Girl! Oh Erin, I'm so sorry. embarassed.gif I had your card in a stack for posting my thanks, and it fell off said stack and I just found it today. embarassed.gif Thanks so much! I really do appreciate it & I love the U2 by U2 picture you included. I actually started reading that book today. I haven't put it down (much) until just now so I could come & post to you. So again, thanks so much & Happy U2 New Year girl!banana.gif