Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kristaps

ZOOTOPIA X-mas Cards Exchange 2009

thank you to everyone for the beautiful cards! once again, the U2 cards far outnumber the cards from family and nonU2 friends and they are so creative. I love all the pictures and stories that are shared. My cards all went out and I hope they arrive on time.

Happy Holidays!

As a first-time exchange participant I am overwhelmed by the amazing, tangible interaction with this virtual community.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for the ones from North America I received today:

Joan in Vermont
Leslie in Connecticut (brilliant address label!)
Brett in Rhode Island (had never heard of a tree-free card before!)
justsonia in Ontario
Ingrida in Illinois
Dorenda in Arizona (woo hoo! my first photo card!)

Merry Christmas everyone!happy.gif

wow! many thanks to the following peeps:

Ingrida-Happy Chi-town greetings:)

Collectoraholic-very special Hallmark (Product) RED card to help eliminate AIDS in Afica...this card held very special meaning for me because of the reading inside:

"Lets give less stuff and share more peace. lets be the peace we're dreaming of"

amen to that.....

shanilea-thanks for the christmas joy

eugenesullivan-thanks for the sweet card

bonosbeagle-beautiful card with matching envelope made me smile and shed a tear of happiness! Love the glittery snowman!

Izzy2U- thanks for the Postcard with u2 on it and the verses from magnificent!!!COOL!

Claire-thanks for my very first International christmas card in my life!! it made my day!! Cheers to you as well!!

Bonopenn-wow! nice original, homemade card!

Hey, theres a few things I want you to know...three:

1) Thank you

2) Your card ROCKS

3) Thank you again!

Thanks to everyone whom I received a card from- I'm enjoying looking out for the postman in the mornings!! And for once I'm beating my daughter on the amount of cards we've received!!!

I would have loved to have sent a card to everyone on the list, but being umemployed finances had to stop that! But I do send everyone love and christmas happiness xxx

Ok everyone, I FINALLY sent my cards out today!!! lol :)

And thanks everyone for the cards! You all have made this the best Christmas ever! =)

Thank you, Monica and u2phile! The cards are beautiful.

Thanks for the cards to the following people (hope you don't mind me using your real names lol reading them from the cards)

Val

Sonia

Jennifer

Dawn

u2jem

Joan

Monica

dorenda

xtraspicy62

Sharon

Ingrid

Chris and Alesha

Leslie

Brett

Alec

Garycubby

So thanks to you all I'm sure more will come. It has made me feel loved! haha!

wow! many thanks to the following peeps:

Ingrida-Happy Chi-town greetings:)

Collectoraholic-very special Hallmark (Product) RED card to help eliminate AIDS in Afica...this card held very special meaning for me because of the reading inside:

"Lets give less stuff and share more peace. lets be the peace we're dreaming of"

amen to that.....

shanilea-thanks for the christmas joy

eugenesullivan-thanks for the sweet card

bonosbeagle-beautiful card with matching envelope made me smile and shed a tear of happiness! Love the glittery snowman!

Izzy2U- thanks for the Postcard with u2 on it and the verses from magnificent!!!COOL!

Claire-thanks for my very first International christmas card in my life!! it made my day!! Cheers to you as well!!

NP Glad it made you day!

I've gotten so many cards so far from you guys! I look forward to checking the mail every day. I am loving the inserts you guys have been including. I'm going to take all of them and put them into a scrapbook after the holidays. I want to send out my thanks to:

Izzy2u

Collectoraholic

Bonoboop33

Dublin Girl at Heart

justsonia

lfockler

JuneT

KatiemL

xtraspicy62

Garycubby

follow

Pam

Dorenda

Brett Dahill

Alesham

U2 Jem

Monica Martino

Bonopenn

Ingrida

Illumination70

marcyl

U2phile

GeorgiaGirl

shanilea

shark bait

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

A Big Thanks to:

shanilea--My girls just LOVE this card! So cute!  Thanks so much!

Zhivvy--Love that the card supports the school system over there. Yea for the little girl that drew the picture. Love it!

MsDale--Love the card & the story of the Mummers. No real snow here (had some 2 weeks ago tomorrow, but nothing stuck in our area of town-LOL!) Twacking--I'm going to add that word to my vocab--very cool!

Ingrida-Lovely card! & Green is my fave color too.  Thanks for thinking of me.

Bonopenn-Very nice homemade card! Love the pics and the sentiment on the inside. Brilliant! Here's to a rockin' U2 year in 2010!

Many thanks to the kind folks who've sent me Christmas greetings:

--LMM: Am enjoying your (RED) card and the photo

--Garycubby: Cute inspired card; suitable for Boxing Day too!

--Alesha: What a lovely photo of you two. Hope to meet you in Seattle next year

--Brett Dahill: What a gorgeous 'Tree-Free Greeting' card; I adore birds

--vtlibrarian: Lovely cover and sentiment

--Angela: Always glad to see a card from Amnesty International

--Ingrida: Thanks for the warm greeting

--U2 JEM: Thanks for the great story behind your card. Congrats on winning the contest!

--Bonoboop33: Thanks for the gorgeous card

--Bonosbeagle: Thanks for the sweet card and Harriet Beecher Stowe postage stamp

--lfockler: Thanks for the cute card; adore your address labels

--Dorenda: Thanks for the rockin' photo card

--Moniy999: Warm and friendly wishes to you too

--jmb1304: Thanks for the great photos of the Toronto Intl Film Festival. Was in TO too for the concert but never heard about this showing of "Rattle and Hum."

--Izzy2u: Thanks for the 'Magnificent' postcard

--Sarah Desiree: Thanks for the gorgeous card. Did you get any photos of the U2/CN Tower snowglobe?

--justsonia: Thanks for the lovely textured [tactile] card. Hope to see you next summer too!

--Monica Martino: Thanks for the lovely card and photo

--JuneT: Thanks for the sweet card and lovely greeting

--xtraspicy62: Thanks for your lovely, thoughtful card

My apologies if your card has an Olympic stamp on it; no promotion is intended. My post office ran out of Christmas stamps.

260wiz8.jpg 

BEST CHRISTMAS CD

Glad you're enjoying it as much as I'm enjoy my copy! xxx

Hey everyone, I just wanted to stop by and say a quick thanks to all! I've been enjoying your cards tremendously and I am totally feeling the Zootopian love!

All the best to everyone! :-)

Well, I have writer's cramp, and dry tongue (from envelope-licking...thank goodness for self-adhesive postage stamps!), but my last batch of cards is ready to go out today (my first batch was sent a week ago, so should start arriving any day now)...I hope you all like them...?

I sent to everyone on the list, but sadly, being on the other side of the world from most of you, they may not arrive until after Christmas.

I hafta run out now to make it in time for today's mail clearance, so I'll come back in the next couple of days to post my thank yous for all the beautiful cards I have been receiving! :o)

In the meantime, I wish you all a very happy and safe festive season, and I have matched my postage costs with a dontation to the Salvation Army's Christmas appeal to help those less fortunate than us at what can be a very difficult time of year... :o)

I've gotten a few more cards over the past couple of days and want to send out my thanks to:

vtlibrarian

LilJennie

natty26

darby2 - love the calendar!!!

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

More cards arrived over the weekend, so a BIG THANKS to:

Darby2:  Thanks so much for the `10 calendar!  What a brilliant idea.  Love it!  & might steal it for next year's card exchange. wink.gif

Jackie_Llopis:  Great card Jackie!  Thanks so much. happy.gif  & I love the pic of Edge that you included.  Thanks so much; I like the idea that was floating around about doing a little scrapbook of all the goodies that people have sent this year. happy.gif

irishlassnj:  Thank you for the card, its lovely sentiment.  & The other lil' thing is taken care of as well.wink.gif

Lil'Jennie:  Thank you for the card.  Love the picture on the front. smile.gif

-u2phile-thaks for the very beautiful Hallmark card plus the cool picture of the band on their 360 tour this year!

-vtlibrarian-thanks for the cool kat card:)

-shanilea-thanks for the christmas blessings

-thanks to makinit66-didnt even see you on the list! wow....thanks!

MUCH LOVE TO YOU AND YOURSsmile.gif

Thank you to Lil Jennie, Kristie,Darby,Ericka and  Rick, Monice Lea, Braillergirl, Moniy999 and Sarah Desiree. You all rock and made a cold weekend much warmer!

thank you soooo much to:

LMM

(ms) Dale

Claire T

Justsonia

Ingrida

Garycubby

Dorenda

BrettDahill

Dewbs

Alesham

gosh...I'm so late to thank all those who sent me cards and I got in these days in spite of heavy rain...

Thanks/grazie/merci/gracias to:

dorenda Polly kristaps bonosbaby bonoboop jmbl304 u2jem moniy999 justosnia inger izzy leslie nlaffhims darby2 gibbo's braillergirl collectoraholic jennifer

Tanks everyone for the cards wishes and goodies:all of them deeply appreciated!