Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lyptonite

U2 at Glastonbury 2010 - Confirmed (Merged)

Guess it would be just about do-able but can't really seeing it happening just yet. 23 - Edmonton and then be palying Minneapolis on 27. Very tight scheduleif it is true. And if true think lots of uk fans would be a bit peed off that they play Glasto but nowhere else on thid leg of the tour.

But as you said it is in the sun!! So must be truewink.gif! Hot pic of Bono though!

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

the one year i thought about going to glasto but i missed out on the regidtration for tickets. if is true i think im going to cry

It is also being reported at @U2.com . . . ???

Would be fantastic... if it's true.. :D

Oh yeah.. I'm off to Glasto.. :D

Dunno if it'll work out, tho.. keeping my fingers and everything else crossed.. :D

Would be fantastic... if it's true.. :D

Oh yeah.. I'm off to Glasto.. :D

Dunno if it'll work out, tho.. keeping my fingers and everything else crossed.. :D

Hope you already have your tickets - sold out way back on first day of ticket sales even before line up was confirmed.

U2 @ Glastonbury

That is a big coup for the Glastonbury guys......whoever is going to festival...enjoy the weekend.

If it's in The Sun, well its confirmed. It's not worth wiping your arse with it.

Noooooo!!! Not fair, and can't believe that these are the only UK/Ireland dates. Although it did say next year - maybe we'll get them again in 2011!! Maybe I'll start another thread speculating on that!

GUTTED - feel sick - going to cry

To cheer myself up I'm trying to convince myself it'll be rubbish, full of amatuer greatest hits only fans, torrential rain and no chance of seeing anything because of all the stupid flags.

: (

I'll be there!

I signed up on the basis that they might play. I'll be paying for the rest of my ticket in full tonight (I got a £50 deposit one).

It'll be my 39th U2 gig.

But will Paris in September be my 40th? Or will U2 at Reading Festival in August be my 40th U2 gig?

This is going to be really interesting! No big claw...soundcheck seriously limited if at all! Will be really refreshing to see them let the music do the talking. Can't wait to see it on BBC. Gutted its their only UK date according to the report but will just need to think about heading to see them elsewhere :)

U2 in wellies! Its the future!! lol

gutted too :( not registered either.

i noticed there's still time to register tho for the next lot of tickets, still gutted tho :(

I was thinking about registering for cancellations etc... but to be honest I only want to see them and already got ga for Vienna (+ cost of getting to London, parking, flights hotel etc..) them 3 red zone tickets for me and family at hannover (+ hotel) I can't really afford anymore - and although i love camping, a muddy, cramped field in england with 1 toilet per 10000 people is not fun camping!!! I was holding out for them playing the isle of wight as the rumours for there were pretty strong - and made a nice short holiday. But, I won't complain too much because i had the chance to see them lots this year, i'll still see them next year and there's thousands of people in south america, australia, new zealand etc... who are still waiting for just one date!

Never mind the Glastonbury announcement - the most disappointing part of the this news story is confirmation of No UK or Ireland dates.  Like many other s  I have been holding onto Pre-sale code in the hope some dates might be added. What a waste. U2 mgmt must have known this since the 2010 dates were planned ,that U2 were not going to add Uk and Ireland dates. Can,t see any reason why they couldn,t have let people know this on U2 com as plenty of people have been posting the question.  As I can,t afford the packages left on offer to Europe and not registered for Glastonbury feeling very very disappointed this afternoon.  First Saw them in  1981 on 21st birthday  and was hoping to see them next year in 2010 celebrating my 50th. For the first time ever feeling very let down by the boys and their mgmt.

Sorry!frown.gif

@Julieh: maybe it's because they already plan a comeback in 2011, but who knows... I wanted to see them in Ireland, too :(

Maybe they'll televise the show so we can all watch? Maybe on YouTube like at the Rose Bowl?

For the past few years glastonbury has been televised on the bbc and on the radio so we can eatch from the comfort of our homes!