Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lyptonite

U2 at Glastonbury 2010 - Confirmed (Merged)

glastonbury, press the red button we should get most of the set! :D

went to glasto in 95 and 97, wouldnt 2010 top it off with a nice hat-trick!!!!

For those disappointed there are no UK dates next year, maybe there is a silver lining. Why would U2 play Glastonbury for the first time after all these years now?? And especially in the middle of such a congested tour schedule when they are playing in the US?????? Well one answer may be that Glastonbury is screened live in the UK across the BBC'S various TV and radio channels which everyone can access. What better advert to have before commencing an on-sale for tickets to British U2 dates in 2011

For those disappointed there are no UK dates next year, maybe there is a silver lining. Why would U2 play Glastonbury for the first time after all these years now?? And especially in the middle of such a congested tour schedule when they are playing in the US?????? Well one answer may be that Glastonbury is screened live in the UK across the BBC'S various TV and radio channels which everyone can access. What better advert to have before commencing an on-sale for tickets to British U2 dates in 2011

that is very wishful thinking! but i know i would love to witness u2's only glasto show in their history rather than another 360 show.

For the past few years glastonbury has been televised on the bbc and on the radio so we can eatch from the comfort of our homes!
How about the rest of us non-UK people? Any hope?

[quote name='Janette B wrote:

Zhivvy']For the past few years glastonbury has been televised on the bbc and on the radio so we can eatch from the comfort of our homes!

I know some european countreis get bbc too (sorry, don't know where you are) but it is on radio too which means should be able to at least listen too on line, then ask nice people from the zoo in england to put the bbc show onto a dvd for you!

mad.gifalien.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifI HAVE JUST FOUND OUT TODAY THAT THE BOYS ARE DOING GLASTONBURY

HOW THE HELL AM I SPOST TO GET TICKETS NOW THEY HAVE ALL SOLD OUT

A BIT EARILER NOTICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED AS I HAD A GRUMBLE EARILER ON THE WEB
ABOUT THE FACT THE BOYS DOING ANY DATES IN IRELAND OR THE UK.WONDER IF I CAN CLIMB THE FENCE YOU EVEN HAVE TO HAVE YOUR PICTURE TOOK BASCIALLY I AM GUTTED.

WILL I SLEEP TONIGHT

[quote name='Angel-Eyes wrote:

Janette B']It is also being reported at @U2.com . . . ???

really?  where?

it was in the news headlines several days ago!

This is quite challenging, Glastonbury between two US dates. Although they're used to travelling, this is quite something.

I'm also find it sorry to hear this is their only UK-Eire date, but find that still hard to believe, didn't Larry mention he wants to finish the tour in Ireland? Time will tell I suppose. Not sure how the Glastonbury audience will respond to U2. It's brave, hope it all works out.

And as it's still November, still have this Berlin memory of a few weeks ago, they need to last till Frankfurt  happy.gif

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

Janette B wrote:

Zhivvy']For the past few years glastonbury has been televised on the bbc and on the radio so we can eatch from the comfort of our homes!

I know some european countreis get bbc too (sorry, don't know where you are) but it is on radio too which means should be able to at least listen too on line, then ask nice people from the zoo in england to put the bbc show onto a dvd for you!

Good suggestion, thanks! I am in the US (Calif.), so if we don't get to see it, which is what I am guessing will happen, I will ask!

[quote name='Janette B wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

Janette B wrote:

Good suggestion, thanks! I am in the US (Calif.), so if we don't get to see it, which is what I am guessing will happen, I will ask!

If I have a dvd recorder by then , i will send you a copy!

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING WAY TO TREAT FANS,I'VE FOLLOWED U2 SINCE 1982 SEEN U2 OVER 100 TIMES,AND I CAN'T GO AND SEE THEM NEXT YEAR BECAUSE THE TICKETS HAVE SOLD OUT BEFORE I KNEW U2 WERE PLAYING THERE.CAN'T IMAGINE ANY OTHER BAND TREATING THRE FANS LIKE THIS.

No i aggree. this is piss poor imo. I'm so glad i havent reregistered and i wont be doing so. They have clearly known for months there will be no more Uk and Ireland dates so why keep us hanging on? I imagine a few people have registered and saved code re possible further UK and Ireland dates. Can they get a refund because U2 probably could have confirmed this months ago before glastonbury ticket went on sale!

Do any other bands charge you just to be in the presale? Muse don't and i'm glad i'm going there rather than U2 next year.

And for the rest of the world I hope you get the dates you are hoping for. But be warned due to the lack of commitment from the management regarding asian s american and australian dates and the way UK and Ireland Fans have been treated here I wouldnt hold out too much hope

Does anyone else think U2 are turning into the rolling stones? Poor new material, losing relevance as anew mussic band and milking their fans every few years with a greatest hits tour? Dont get me wrong I was very lucky to see 360 twice this year, but I feel U2s decisions increasingly risk alienating a previously loyal fanbase.

Poor. losing the faith. A dissapointed UK fan.

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

Janette B wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

Janette B wrote:

If I have a dvd recorder by then , i will send you a copy!You've got a deal! Thanks!

Must admit I am a bit gutted, was going to do Glastonbury as it was 40th BUT when the American dates came out I wrote it off as not possible, with Isle of Wight festival also in JUNE costing £140 each then Glasto £185 each I decided to hope they would play UK later next year..........well that has come back to bite me but I suppose I will be £500 better off and watch it on BBC3. Shame though as I was at Milton Keynes in 1985 then Live Aid also but will have to miss Glastonbury.

Perhaps 5,000 tickets could have been held back and names from this site put in a hat, to give some of us the chance to see it live.

Before going into major overreaction alert on tickets just consider this: sold out not always means actually "sold out". Especially if its about U2 tickets. Google furthermore reveals the following info:

"Registration for tickets is now re-open at www.glastonburyregistration.co.uk and there will be another chance to buy tickets from cancelled orders in 2010.

If you want to retrieve your ticket registration details, head to seetickets.com/see/getglas.

For the full lowdown on all things tickets and registration, please go to our new 2010 Ticket Info page."

http://www.glastonburyfes....uk/information/tickets/"

So, with a little luck, patience and effort chances are quite good to still get tickets. ;-)

I believe the biggest band in the world should play the biggest festival in the world!  So what if U2 fans can't get tickets - be proud that we have contributed to the bands success.  The band will play to an audience, many of whom have not experienced the magic of a live U2 gig, and they will then appreciate how much U2 rock!!

No i aggree. this is piss poor imo. I'm so glad i havent reregistered and i wont be doing so. They have clearly known for months there will be no more Uk and Ireland dates so why keep us hanging on? I imagine a few people have registered and saved code re possible further UK and Ireland dates. Can they get a refund because U2 probably could have confirmed this months ago before glastonbury ticket went on sale!
Sorry, but McGuinnes said many times that UK and Ireland weren't planned for 2010, so they didn't keep anyone hanging on. It was just the fans who still hoped it was a bluff. And how about the fine and the protests in Croke Park this year? To be honest I'm not that surprised.

It's unusual for Glasto headliners (or any acts for that matter) to be announced this early. Usually you buy your ticket and take your chances.... Have been to glasto many times and it's always sold out before any sniff of knowing who will be playing, as there is so much more to the festival than music - arts, comedy, performance, circus... you could spend the entire time doing loads of stuff and never see a band play (not that that's ever happened to me)!

And no, fence jumping is near impossible with the 'super fence' and security now, so please don't even think about it unless you want to spend time in the clink ;)

If you really want to be there, why not volunteer for one of the charitible organisations or work as a steward? In exchange for working a few hours each day you get a free ticket to the festival! I did one year as an Oxfam volunteer and it was rather good fun.

Its great news they are playing Glastonbury and not just because I have a ticket. devil.gif Its about time they played it and it will be class to see them on a festival stage again. Oh and to top it all off, its not just Glasto that's the big 40 next year....I hit the grand old age on June 25th while on the greenfields listenting to the best band.....magnificent.

eek.gifFlippin 'eck Sean07  you and Glastonbury aren't the only ones who hit the big 40 next year on June 25th, me too! Only problem is I don't have a ticket, damn it . What an amazing birthday you are going to have, hope you have a great time. 

I cant believe some fans are so deluded. I dont care what Paul Mcguinness may or may not have said. this is the official site where U2 followers get their info from, not internet hearsay. U2 is now just a cash cow milking their fans for all they can- they have not made it clear in any news articles on here- their official website that there would be no uk shows. I havent signed up for next year and I won't be doing so. I think it is a con we have to pay for this website in the first place. Oh i forgot bono is a god and cant do any wrong in some peoples views. can he!!

I hope the crusties at the mudfest shower them in piss to be honest- that'll teach em.

Must be time for another greatest hits album boys

omg you people are over reacting a bit, im gutted that i havnt got tickets for glasto, but they never release acts when they put tickets for sale, and U2 played Uk/Ire this summer which i went to and i was satisfied, ye another Uk mini tour would have been a treat but if its not happening then so be it.

Nobody is forcing anyone to pay for resubscription

And the so called 'crusties' are music fans that dont care whos playing they are there to listen to an array of fantastic music.

Just Chillllll out People!!!!!!!

I cant believe some fans are so deluded. I dont care what Paul Mcguinness may or may not have said. this is the official site where U2 followers get their info from, not internet hearsay. U2 is now just a cash cow milking their fans for all they can- they have not made it clear in any news articles on here- their official website that there would be no uk shows. I havent signed up for next year and I won't be doing so. I think it is a con we have to pay for this website in the first place. Oh i forgot bono is a god and cant do any wrong in some peoples views. can he!!

I hope the crusties at the mudfest shower them in piss to be honest- that'll teach em.

Must be time for another greatest hits album boys

I can understand that you may be slightly wound up about this whole thing; ok, they hadn't made it clear that there would be no uk/ireland shows, but they also didn't lead us to believe that there would be. Of course, we all assumed there would be, the same as australia etc... assumed that there would be dates there too and none of those dates have been comfirmed yet. We had 8 shows over here last summer (uk & ireland) which i think is pretty good going. If there aren't anymore then so be it, yes we are fans and we would love to see them again and give u2 money etc... but that doesn't give us the right to tell them where and when they should play. yes, i was gutted to hear that they are playing glastonbury and i don't have tickets, but i have a tv and will watch it on there on a comfy sofa, not getting wet, drinking reasonably priced beer - chilled in my own fridge and i'll dance around my living room watching it before i go to sleep in a real bed not surrounded by muddy tents!!