Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lyptonite

U2 at Glastonbury 2010 - Confirmed (Merged)

The article I read about it said U2 won´t play in Britain or Ireland next year (apart from Glastobury), which is a bit disappointing. I´m very happy for the U2 fans among the 177,000 ticket holders for next year Glastonbury, though.

And to think they didn´t know U2 were to open the event when they bought their tickets! They´re sooo lucky!!!

No i aggree. this is piss poor imo. I'm so glad i havent reregistered and i wont be doing so. They have clearly known for months there will be no more Uk and Ireland dates so why keep us hanging on? I imagine a few people have registered and saved code re possible further UK and Ireland dates. Can they get a refund because U2 probably could have confirmed this months ago before glastonbury ticket went on sale!

Do any other bands charge you just to be in the presale? Muse don't and i'm glad i'm going there rather than U2 next year.

And for the rest of the world I hope you get the dates you are hoping for. But be warned due to the lack of commitment from the management regarding asian s american and australian dates and the way UK and Ireland Fans have been treated here I wouldnt hold out too much hope

Does anyone else think U2 are turning into the rolling stones? Poor new material, losing relevance as anew mussic band and milking their fans every few years with a greatest hits tour? Dont get me wrong I was very lucky to see 360 twice this year, but I feel U2s decisions increasingly risk alienating a previously loyal fanbase.

Poor. losing the faith. A dissapointed UK fan.

please get over yourself. u2 never, NEVER said anything about heading to the UK in 2010. well for one night only they are and be grateful they are playing the biggest festival in the uk and one of the biggest in europe. and you went to 2 shows last year, so be grateful you went to them, where still thousands of uk fans were left without tickets so. as i said, get over yourself and its not that bad eh?

No i aggree. this is piss poor imo. I'm so glad i havent reregistered and i wont be doing so. They have clearly known for months there will be no more Uk and Ireland dates so why keep us hanging on? I imagine a few people have registered and saved code re possible further UK and Ireland dates.
You're kidding right???????? UK/Ireland had 8 dates this year and you're complaining about not getting more? I think there are some VERY selfish fans out there...and I mean everywhere.... Its one thing to want to see more shows (I get that) but to bitch and moan that theyre not COMING BACK after having played numerous shows already........... when so many other countries have yet to see the tour......a timely moment to quote Larry............"Ive got 2 words for you..............."

[quote name='aussiegirl wrote:

doctornickriviera']No i aggree. this is piss poor imo. I'm so glad i havent reregistered and i wont be doing so. They have clearly known for months there will be no more Uk and Ireland dates so why keep us hanging on? I imagine a few people have registered and saved code re possible further UK and Ireland dates.

You're kidding right???????? UK/Ireland had 8 dates this year and you're complaining about not getting more? I think there are some VERY selfish fans out there...and I mean everywhere.... Its one thing to want to see more shows (I get that) but to bitch and moan that theyre not COMING BACK after having played numerous shows already........... when so many other countries have yet to see the tour......a timely moment to quote Larry............"Ive got 2 words for you..............."

ditto to what Georgia said - bloody unbelievable

What Georgia and Leonie said!!!

Get over it, they played plenty of shows in uk and ireland which you would have been able to go to!

some countries have yet to get a show and think now is their time

What Georgia and Leonie said!!!

Get over it, they played plenty of shows in uk and ireland which you would have been able to go to!

some countries have yet to get a show and think now is their time

think all people are tryin to say is. great u2 are doin glasto, but would have been nice to make fans aware there were not going to be any further dates in uk and ireland, pissed off that i could have used mine for one of the other dates now its to late

think all people are tryin to say is. great u2 are doin glasto, but would have been nice to make fans aware there were not going to be any further dates in uk and ireland, pissed off that i could have used mine for one of the other dates now its to late

andbefore anybody jumps in with remarks i didnt multi reply did its self, cant wait to see it on tv anyway, think i am bonna be on eurostar to brussels sept, have to just search for tix

my mates got Glastonbury tickets and he Hates U2........... He made us cry with laughter with his tirade interspaced with snippetts of Smiths song to highlight his mood.

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING WAY TO TREAT FANS,I'VE FOLLOWED U2 SINCE 1982 SEEN U2 OVER 100 TIMES,AND I CAN'T GO AND SEE THEM NEXT YEAR BECAUSE THE TICKETS HAVE SOLD OUT BEFORE I KNEW U2 WERE PLAYING THERE.CAN'T IMAGINE ANY OTHER BAND TREATING THRE FANS LIKE THIS.
Glastonbury is always sold out (apart from 2 yr ago) before any bands are announced so chill out! Its a festival NOT a U2 show!! 

[quote name='aussiegirl wrote:

doctornickriviera']No i aggree. this is piss poor imo. I'm so glad i havent reregistered and i wont be doing so. They have clearly known for months there will be no more Uk and Ireland dates so why keep us hanging on? I imagine a few people have registered and saved code re possible further UK and Ireland dates.

Totally agree with you. I would be gutted if Glastonbury was the only UK date in 2010 but at least I got to see them last year. And its got the traveller in me looking to maybe go elsewhere to see them. Need to save like mad mind you lol!! Hope you get some dates announced

andbefore anybody jumps in with remarks i didnt multi reply did its self, cant wait to see it on tv anyway, think i am bonna be on eurostar to brussels sept, have to just search for tix

think brusselsis sold out, still tickets forthe 2 german dates though

Have to say that although a UK tour would have been great it wasn't the reason I signed up early again. You don't actually lose anything as your membership is extended next year. Ok I would love to have gone to Glastonbury BUT it will be live on BBC and I did see them 4 times during August so don't really think it is really a lets have a pop at U2.COM again is it ?

If you don't register then that is your choice but then don't moan, should U2 ever tour again and you are down the pecking order a bit.

NOT INTERESTED IN IT BEING A U2 SHOW,THE FACT OF ME BEING ANNOYED IS THAT I LIKE 1000'S OF OTHERS WE CAN'T TRY AND GET A TICKET TO SEE THE BAND HAS IT'S SOLD OUT! WHENDID PAUL McGUINNESS SAY THEY WEREN'T PLAYING IN THE UK/EIRE,HAS I DIDN'T HEAR ANYTHING! I'VE TRAVELLED AROUND EUROPE WATCHING U2 IF I KNEW THERE WASN'T NO UK/EIRE SHOW I WOULD HAVE GONE TO BRUSSELLS/PARIS. mAYBE WE'LL ALL HAVE TO GO OVER TO AZ NOW?

NOT INTERESTED IN IT BEING A U2 SHOW,THE FACT OF ME BEING ANNOYED IS THAT I LIKE 1000'S OF OTHERS WE CAN'T TRY AND GET A TICKET TO SEE THE BAND HAS IT'S SOLD OUT! WHENDID PAUL McGUINNESS SAY THEY WEREN'T PLAYING IN THE UK/EIRE,HAS I DIDN'T HEAR ANYTHING! I'VE TRAVELLED AROUND EUROPE WATCHING U2 IF I KNEW THERE WASN'T NO UK/EIRE SHOW I WOULD HAVE GONE TO BRUSSELLS/PARIS. mAYBE WE'LL ALL HAVE TO GO OVER TO AZ NOW?
Please dont shoutgrin.gif

I believe that fact that there were no Uk/Ireland dates added to the tour page would have been a pretty big hint that there weren't going to be any Uk/Ireland dates next year. Im disappointed that there are no dates for 2010 but i count myself extremely lucky that I had the opportunity to see U2 5 times this year (3 Dublin, Glasgow and Sheffield) its alot more then some people have.

Sorry about shouting, i managed 4 shows this year that doesn't mean i shouldn't be able to go next year,because the only gig the band are playing this year is sold out! With the stupid way they've been adding dates on to the tour who was to say they were'nt going to play any UK gigs,the last time that happened was 1989,so alot of us went to Dublin,we can't do that has there's no Dublin date,.Hey there's dates in Brussells/Paris (2 dates this year) but hey there sold out.

I've been following this band since 1982,meet the band loads of times,slept out for tickets for 3 days to get tickets,the whole point of this is i and 1000's of others who follow U2 can't go has they can't get tickets.

wow that really sucks , if i could afford it i would have like to go to ireland for a show that way i get to see some sight seeing............visit couple of pubs and nice places...........

The ´interact´ button´s is great! Thanks U2.com!

I´ve just put a troll on ignore mode and it feels good.

I've been following this band since 1982,meet the band loads of times,slept out for tickets for 3 days to get tickets,the whole point of this is i and 1000's of others who follow U2 can't go has they can't get tickets.

Does that make you a better fan than, say, people in Australia? Or Japan? Or South America? Does that give you the privilege of your very own U2 show in your neighborhood every tour? I mean, I do feel sorry for UK and (especially) Irish people this year for not getting any U2 show (I don't count Glasto since it's a festival) but you've been really privileged this year with 8 shows in UK/Eire and I think it's only fair that other places get a chance now. And with low budget airlines it's really not that much of an effort to get to other places to see U2 and maybe do some sightseeing as well.

[quote name='BigBlue02 wrote:

gybonosgod']

Does that make you a better fan than, say, people in Australia? Or Japan? Or South America? Does that give you the privilege of your very own U2 show in your neighborhood every tour? I mean, I do feel sorry for UK and (especially) Irish people this year for not getting any U2 show (I don't count Glasto since it's a festival) but you've been really privileged this year with 8 shows in UK/Eire and I think it's only fair that other places get a chance now. And with low budget airlines it's really not that much of an effort to get to other places to see U2 and maybe do some sightseeing as well.

Agreed! They've played my home city ONCE during Popmart but they still play a lot of shows in my country and I'm thankful for that. I hope they play a few other countries that don't really get a chance on the main legs. Good luck to you lot!