Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lyptonite

U2 at Glastonbury 2010 - Confirmed (Merged)

Bonosucks why does Bono suck? Is it because he and guys write good music? Is it because he talks about the real things happening in the world?

I don't agree with some issues that Bono talks about; I don't agree with friends on some issues; I don't like dance music.

But to have a picture of this guy - who tries to do good in music and politics - with a target practice is low.....very low.

We're all big boys and girls here.....if you don't like U2, why come to the website?

ps

I think U2 will be great at Glastonbury, without the claw...the tv....it'll be all about the music, just a good old pyramid stage. Just to let you know, their are other bands playing at the same time as U2, don't like the group go to another stage!

Didn't say it made me a better fan than anybody else,i know many people in the same boat has me and have travelled 1000's of miles to follow U2.You all seem to be missing the point here,that we can't and are Not able to get tickets to see a U2 show because it's sold out.Can assure you the U2 from the 80's wouldn't have entertained sure a thing!

But your still not getting the point either............there were no Uk/Ireland dates on the tour page therefore you should have made other plans to get tickets for other shows when they went on sale. You can't complain now that you haven't got tickets.I was going to wait for some Uk/ireland shows but decided that i wouldn't take the chance so i booked tickets for Paris.

There was never a promise that U2 would return to the Uk/Ireland.

What would the U2 of the 80's not have entertained??????????

gybonosgod wrote:

Not able to get tickets to see a U2 show because it's sold out.

This isn't a U2 show.. it's a festival that U2 happen to be playing at.. 

gybonosgod wrote:

Not able to get tickets to see a U2 show because it's sold out.

This isn't a U2 show.. it's a festival that U2 happen to be playing at.. 

Well said, bonosbaby ;) It's not in a festival spirit going there to see only one band, even if it's the best one in the world...

are Not able to get tickets to see a U2 show because it's sold out.Can assure you the U2 from the 80's wouldn't have entertained sure a thing!

As my experience tells me, sold out doesn't usually mean "sold out". I've seen U2 6 times this year and almost everywhere you could still get tickets on show day in front of the stadium for a reasonable price. Not to mention various opportunities on the internet. It's not that hard to get tickets, really. And as said for Glastonbury: it's a festival, not a U2 show. And even there you still have chances to get tickets. Had it posted here earlier. Or you could try google.

And by the way: Last time I checked, U2 in the oh so glorious 80's and todays U2 where still the same. Don't know what that has to do with tickets anyway.

PS: My post might seem a bit harsh, sorry for that. It's just that I don't see why you're getting so upset about that whole Glastonbury thing, while we're even getting a whole 2nd tour leg in Europe. Didn't happen last tour.

I can understand why people had been hoping for UK dates and are disappointed there won't be any.  I feel especially for those who can't afford to head off into Europe, and I know I'm lucky to be able to do so next year.

But you can hardly expect the group to announce a list of every country/city that they are not going to be playing in.  And as others have pointed out there was never any indication that they would come back to the UK.

Yet, yet, yet there is a little bit of me that keeps thinking, well they are going back to Paris, and Chicago, Toronto and New York, and Germany had shows last time and gets more this time, as do Spain.

But I had enough to eat tonight, the rain is lashing down outside but my home hasn't been flooded unlike others in the UK in the last few days and I have a roof over my head, and tomorrow I will have a job to go to.  So in the grand scale of things...

But I had enough to eat tonight, the rain is lashing down outside but my home hasn't been flooded unlike others in the UK in the last few days and I have a roof over my head, and tomorrow I will have a job to go to.  So in the grand scale of things...

Amen to that. Yes it's disappointing, and I was annoyed yesterday thinking they should have announced all the dates at once, rather than saying more venues to be confirmed, but I have little more perspective on things today, and as my grandma says worse things happen at sea.

The bottom line is,like whats already been said,its a festival....not a U2 show,U2 could not announce they were playing Glastonbury in advance to give people a chance to go,its not THEIR show,that decision is down to Michael Eavis who runs Glastonbury so,to state your annoyed cos you wanted to go but cant as its sold out is fair enough BUT....its not U2's fault. FACT.

Feeling just the same - had hoped for opportunity to see them in my 50th birthday year - and had already turned down opportunity to go to the New York show with some friends due to lack of funds.  Now all the European presales have all but finished am faced with package deal or NO DEAL!  Just hoping the band will feel our sense of being 'left out' and add just ONE more Wembley date......or just ANYWHERE in the UK or Ireland!!!!  Please please please....!!!

Sorry about shouting, i managed 4 shows this year that doesn't mean i shouldn't be able to go next year,because the only gig the band are playing this year is sold out! With the stupid way they've been adding dates on to the tour who was to say they were'nt going to play any UK gigs,the last time that happened was 1989,so alot of us went to Dublin,we can't do that has there's no Dublin date,.Hey there's dates in Brussells/Paris (2 dates this year) but hey there sold out.

I've been following this band since 1982,meet the band loads of times,slept out for tickets for 3 days to get tickets,the whole point of this is i and 1000's of others who follow U2 can't go has they can't get tickets.

you got to go to 4 shows this year, that's more than some people did, who have yet to see the show.  Stop being such a whinge and be thankful you got to go to a show.  Just because you have followed the band since 1982 doesn't make it all the more important that there are more shows added just to suit youmad.gif

Sorry about shouting, i managed 4 shows this year that doesn't mean i shouldn't be able to go next year,because the only gig the band are playing this year is sold out! With the stupid way they've been adding dates on to the tour who was to say they were'nt going to play any UK gigs,the last time that happened was 1989,so alot of us went to Dublin,we can't do that has there's no Dublin date,.Hey there's dates in Brussells/Paris (2 dates this year) but hey there sold out.

I've been following this band since 1982,meet the band loads of times,slept out for tickets for 3 days to get tickets,the whole point of this is i and 1000's of others who follow U2 can't go has they can't get tickets.

you got to go to 4 shows this year, that's more than some people did, who have yet to see the show.  Stop being such a whinge and be thankful you got to go to a show.  Just because you have followed the band since 1982 doesn't make it all the more important that there are more shows added just to suit youmad.gif

Feeling just the same - had hoped for opportunity to see them in my 50th birthday year - and had already turned down opportunity to go to the New York show with some friends due to lack of funds.  Now all the European presales have all but finished am faced with package deal or NO DEAL!  Just hoping the band will feel our sense of being 'left out' and add just ONE more Wembley date......or just ANYWHERE in the UK or Ireland!!!!  Please please please....!!!
A package is not your only option - the 3 German shows, Athens, Istanbul and Seville are not sold out yet.

I can understand why people had been hoping for UK dates and are disappointed there won't be any.  I feel especially for those who can't afford to head off into Europe, and I know I'm lucky to be able to do so next year.

But you can hardly expect the group to announce a list of every country/city that they are not going to be playing in.  And as others have pointed out there was never any indication that they would come back to the UK.

Yet, yet, yet there is a little bit of me that keeps thinking, well they are going back to Paris, and Chicago, Toronto and New York, and Germany had shows last time and gets more this time, as do Spain.

Completely agree with you, I've been thinking along these lines listening to people complaining about a show etc... there's people out of work, homeless at christmas because of the crappy weather and they are geting on with it - and I think they are the ones who have a right to complain. Yes fantastic if U2 announce dates in the UK but they aren't next year and we can'y do anything about it - so let us get on with life!

[quote name='aussiegirl wrote:

doctornickriviera']No i aggree. this is piss poor imo. I'm so glad i havent reregistered and i wont be doing so. They have clearly known for months there will be no more Uk and Ireland dates so why keep us hanging on? I imagine a few people have registered and saved code re possible further UK and Ireland dates.

You're kidding right???????? UK/Ireland had 8 dates this year and you're complaining about not getting more? I think there are some VERY selfish fans out there...elfisht sand I mean everywhere.... Its one thing to want to see more shows (I get that) but to bitch and moan that theyre not COMING BACK after having played numerous shows already........... when so many other countries have yet to see the tour......a timely moment to quote Larry............"Ive got 2 words for you..............."

aussie girl, i dont know what education is like down under but if you read my post fully you would see i clearly stated that I hope the rest of the world get the dates they are waiting for, so maybe you should get over your self. I have stated before in other threads I hope you guys get the dates you are waiting for.

i'm not selfish - i just think that U2 should make it clear regarding next years tour. I don't want to see 360 again, but I think fans should not be encouraged to spend money on subscribing without a guarantee of local dates. That practice is misleading to the extreme and doesnt sit easily with a band which over the years has put itself on a pedestal.

I live in the UK and to be honest I cannot say I'm surprised - they played everywhere last summer and I notice Italy only got Milan - no Rome, Naples etc - it also gives me an excuse to visit a couple of new cities as well - it does seem strange that the States venues seem to have been replicated in 2010 though????

I live in the UK and to be honest I cannot say I'm surprised - they played everywhere last summer and I notice Italy only got Milan - no Rome, Naples etc - it also gives me an excuse to visit a couple of new cities as well - it does seem strange that the States venues seem to have been replicated in 2010 though????

As I said before - if you really want to go to Glasto, why not volunteer to work at the festival for one of the charities? If you are only going to glasto to see U2, you wouldn't mind missing all the other cool bands and things going on during the weekend and could possibly be useful with your shouting abilities.... laugh.gif

think all people are tryin to say is. great u2 are doin glasto, but would have been nice to make fans aware there were not going to be any further dates in uk and ireland, pissed off that i could have used mine for one of the other dates now its to late
that's exactly my point too, to be fair i think the likes of macfoley, leonie and aussiegirl are missing the point somewhat. You clearly think its ok to fleece your fanbase, but i don't. i could have gone to paris in 2010 but chose not to.

yawn i will go and see the victoriam english gentlemans club or islet or prehaps cud will play some more gigs....... or even my bloody valentine..............at least you tube will have all the non uk ire action and at least its free hip hip hurrah

Bonosucks why does Bono suck? Is it because he and guys write good music? Is it because he talks about the real things happening in the world?

I don't agree with some issues that Bono talks about; I don't agree with friends on some issues; I don't like dance music.

But to have a picture of this guy - who tries to do good in music and politics - with a target practice is low.....very low.

We're all big boys and girls here.....if you don't like U2, why come to the website?

ps

I think U2 will be great at Glastonbury, without the claw...the tv....it'll be all about the music, just a good old pyramid stage. Just to let you know, their are other bands playing at the same time as U2, don't like the group go to another stage!

I think most professionals would advise you to ignore BS.  Classic attention getting behavior....  Maybe if we offer him/her friendship he/she would feel better.

[quote name='doctornickriviera wrote:

aussiegirl wrote:

doctornickriviera']No i aggree. this is piss poor imo. I'm so glad i havent reregistered and i wont be doing so. They have clearly known for months there will be no more Uk and Ireland dates so why keep us hanging on? I imagine a few people have registered and saved code re possible further UK and Ireland dates.

You're kidding right???????? UK/Ireland had 8 dates this year and you're complaining about not getting more? I think there are some VERY selfish fans out there...elfisht sand I mean everywhere.... Its one thing to want to see more shows (I get that) but to bitch and moan that theyre not COMING BACK after having played numerous shows already........... when so many other countries have yet to see the tour......a timely moment to quote Larry............"Ive got 2 words for you..............."

aussie girl, i dont know what education is like down under but if you read my post fully you would see i clearly stated that I hope the rest of the world get the dates they are waiting for, so maybe you should get over your self. I have stated before in other threads I hope you guys get the dates you are waiting for.

i'm not selfish - i just think that U2 should make it clear regarding next years tour. I don't want to see 360 again, but I think fans should not be encouraged to spend money on subscribing without a guarantee of local dates. That practice is misleading to the extreme and doesnt sit easily with a band which over the years has put itself on a pedestal.At what point did I question you "supporting" other places getting dates??? (like you so maturely have in the Subs General thread?????????) Perhaps you should re-assess your education mate! My post very clearly states I think people whinging about not getting more dates is crap....and that includes yours. You cant tell me that if U2 said "hey we're doing more shows in UK/Ireland and none anywhere else", you wouldn't have a smirk on your face because you were getting more shows......but you're not and you're pissy about it. Maybe you should get a dictionary and look up the word "selfish"???? Most people subscribe to this website for more than just a pre sale code.........if that's the only reason you do, then back luck!