Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lyptonite

U2 at Glastonbury 2010 - Confirmed (Merged)

what a crock of shit from a lot of people on here.....

1. it's not part of the tour

2. don't anyone hold thier breath regarding this as this was a big discussion between some of us in Dublin and i said u2 will not play Glasto and i stand by that i really don't think that they will (yeah i know that its been confirmed and all that pish).

3. i can actually see where some people are coming from regarding uk/ireland dates must say it kinda fucks me off that they are ignoring uk/ireland and going back to quite a lot of places they have already done i guess it says a lot eh???

4. no Aussie dates yet well i think that shows bad patter on u2's side as well as asia/south america and elswhere that have not had the 360 tour yet my own opinion is that u2 are staying up here where it is comfortable.

5. i've read the comments on the facebook thread thats been started and also the petition stuff to stop u2 playing Glasto and i find it all funny as hell that people can get so worked up on hating the band just as i find it funny as hell with the "u2 can do no wrong" brigade on here.

so to sum up u2 are booked to play Glasto doesn't mean they will actually turn up.

u2 have forgotten thier roots and are ignoring uk/ireland

read the facebook page and the petition thing its a great read.

How are they forgetting their roots???? Correct me if am wrong but they have played 3 shows here in Dublin and numerous shows in UK - for heaven's sake barry, that's totally inacurategrin.gif

Glastonbury is sold out well in advance so we wouldn't have been able to get tickets anyway!! Let's get a reality check here.

And just for the record I am not always in the u2 can do no wrong brigade, plenty of times when haven't agreed with things they have done, but having a moan cos they are playing Glastonbury a festival that I probably wouldn't have got tickets for anyway makes no sense!!!

Sorry for my rant, and that but that's how i feel

what a crock of shit from a lot of people on here.....

2. don't anyone hold thier breath regarding this as this was a big discussion between some of us in Dublin and i said u2 will not play Glasto and i stand by that i really don't think that they will (yeah i know that its been confirmed and all that pish).

3. i can actually see where some people are coming from regarding uk/ireland dates must say it kinda fucks me off that they are ignoring uk/ireland and going back to quite a lot of places they have already done i guess it says a lot eh???

4. no Aussie dates yet well i think that shows bad patter on u2's side as well as asia/south america and elswhere that have not had the 360 tour yet my own opinion is that u2 are staying up here where it is comfortable.

5. i've read the comments on the facebook thread thats been started and also the petition stuff to stop u2 playing Glasto and i find it all funny as hell that people can get so worked up on hating the band just as i find it funny as hell with the "u2 can do no wrong" brigade on here.

so to sum up u2 are booked to play Glasto doesn't mean they will actually turn up.

How are they forgetting their roots???? Correct me if am wrong but they have played 3 shows here in Dublin and numerous shows in UK - for heaven's sake barry, that's totally inacurategrin.gif

Glastonbury is sold out well in advance so we wouldn't have been able to get tickets anyway!! Let's get a reality check here.

And just for the record I am not always in the u2 can do no wrong brigade, plenty of times when haven't agreed with things they have done, but having a moan cos they are playing Glastonbury a festival that I probably wouldn't have got tickets for anyway makes no sense!!!

Glastonbury is a shed in a cow field - rather stick pins in my eyes!

PyramidStage003.JPG#

And I would rather stick pins in my eyes then be any where near this stage when U2 are on, and I will be in another part of the site having the time of my life. 

laugh.gifSuperb Lizmen

Cheers mate..........my friends  husband uses it a lot devil.gif

Liverpool Lizsmokin.gif

[quote name='Carol8 wrote:

basher1']what a crock of shit from a lot of people on here.....

well what can i say im a total cu...(lprit) hi basher - BW

[quote name='Sean07 wrote:

cloudnine']
eek.gif
Flippin 'eck Sean07  you and Glastonbury aren't the only ones who hit the big 40 next year on June 25th, me too! Only problem is I don't have a ticket, damn it . What an amazing birthday you are going to have, hope you have a great time. 

Thanks cloudnine...amidst the bickering and bad feelings evident in this thread your reply brings a smile to my face anyway...hope you have a great birthday when it comes too...To everyone else who may have already seen or gets the chance to see the band (even only once) whether at Glasto or on the U2 tour...just enjoy the moment, the memories will last longer than any tour/date/city/pre sale ticket issue..

Well said, have a beautiful day! Weatherwise, the 25th June is usually good in my 39 years of experience.   

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

Carol8 wrote:

basher1']what a crock of shit from a lot of people on here.....

How are they forgetting their roots???? Correct me if am wrong but they have played 3 shows here in Dublin and numerous shows in UK - for heaven's sake barry, that's totally inacurate
grin.gif

well what can i say im a total cu...(lprit) hi basher - BW

roll.gif @ Bigwave! roll.gif

[quote name='suziem wrote:

basher1']  

well what can i say im a total cu...
(lprit) hi basher - BW

roll.gif @ Bigwave! roll.gif

Basher is a cee u next tuesday!roll.gif

*sings some Britney*

oops i did it again i played with soe words and got caught againnnnnnn

sorry BW.

*sings some Britney*

oops i did it again i played with some words and got caught againnnnnnn

sorry BW.

i just wanna say that i saw u2 at the rock n roll hall of fame concert last month, and while i loved seeing my favorite band u2 play a few songs it was not the same as a full u2 concert and being surrounded by other u2 fans. I just ignored the seated bored people and got into the concert like i was the only one there, but no one really else got excited when u2 came on except a few guys in the aisle next to me who were from scotland and one or two others. of course when mick jagger came out the crowd went wild but i was just as wild when bono n the boys came out. I hope that u2 has enough fans going crazy at glasto! it just makes me appreciate all u2 fans even more!