Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zhivvy

Some days I'm just so dumb....

Ok, this thread is just for fun.

Do you ever have those times when you do something and then can't believe that you have done/said it?

Such as mine from today:

I walked upstairs to my bedroom to get some socks. I glanced over saw my cat laying on the floor and said hello to him. Got the socks and before I left the room went to give my cat a stroke. As I bent down to the floor I realised that I had been talking to a pair of black boots!!!laugh.gif

(note to self - wear your glasses more!!)

Any of you want to share your dumb moments and give us all a laugh?

I'm always having dumb moments as in I put my phone in my bag then forget I put it there and then panic coz I think i've lost it...................the phone that is lol

seriously don't like that! I keep it in my pockets if I can now!

One time, I was talking on my cell phone, then started looking for my cell phone while I was talking on it, and started to get annoyed that I couldn't find it.

Then it occured to me I was talking on it.

Omg Zhivvy that is funny!
I wouldn't mind but I am always that dumb!!!

I did also once walk into a mirror in a shop - apologised to myself and thought - that woman looks a lot like me!!!!

One time, I was talking on my cell phone, then started looking for my cell phone while I was talking on it, and started to get annoyed that I couldn't find it.

Yeah! Like that one!

i do stupid things all the time. even as a child i did. i was drawing on a little mini chalkboard as a kid. i had chalk in one hand and a pretzel in the other. instead of biting the pretzel i bit into the stick of chalk!!!!!!!!

another time i drank out of a soda can from the table without looking and realizing it wasnt the one i had before. my brother had put his cigarette out in the soda can and i drank a mouth full of ashes.

um what else! oh i was painting my nails once and spilled an entire bottle of nail polish on my old blackberry.

hmmm i know im forgetting something recent. oh, thanksgiving i wanted to soften up some ice cream. i was going to put it in the microwave for 30 seconds- instead i selected 3 minutes and came back to find the ice cream was now like a milkshake.

i once ironed a shirt while on myself and burned my neck when ironing the collar (seriously i wouldnt make this up) i was in a hurry for work and thought i could do it. someone recently told me i should have used a hair straightener for my collar. ouch it was pretty dumb of me!

i once wore two different colored shoes (i had the same pair of shoes 1 in beige and 1 in light pink) i didnt notice until i was already on the bus on the way to work. LOL

i do stupid things all the time. even as a child i did. i was drawing on a little mini chalkboard as a kid. i had chalk in one hand and a pretzel in the other. instead of biting the pretzel i bit into the stick of chalk!!!!!!!!

Replace the pretzel with a cookie and i did the same exact thing.
 I vomited from the classroom to the bathroom..poor kindergarten teacher.

Everyday brings a new...i can't believe I did that event.
I'll pick the best and report back later tonight.

edit- I just realized why I dislike Oreos

I have had those days , like when I go to put the cordless kettle in the fridge , milk in the cupboard and sugar in the fridge I  do realize before its done though lol, or when Im looking for a pen that im holding in the other hand :o) Pretty sure have lots on my mind at the time and that my testimony and im sticking to it....... distractions eh !

First thing that came to my mind when I read the title of this thread:

Some days are dry, some days are leaky
Some days come clean, other days are sneaky
Some days take less, but most days take more
Some slip through your fingers and onto the floor

Some days you're quick, but most days you're speedy
Some days you use more force than is necessary
Some days just drop in on us
Some days are better than others

Some days it all adds up
And what you got is not enough

Some days are slippy, other days sloppy
Some days you can't stand the sight of a puppy
Your skin is white but you think you're a brother

Some days you wake up with her complaining
Some sunny days you wish it was raining
Some days are sulky, some days have a grin
And some days have bouncers and won't let you in

Some days you hear a voice
Taking you to another place

Some days are honest, some days are not
Some days you're thankful for what you've got
Some days you wake up in the army
And some days it's the enemy

Some days are work, most days you're lazy
Some days you feel like a bit of a baby
Lookin' for Jesus and His mother

Some days you feel ahead
You're making sense of what she said

First thing that came to my mind when I read the title of this thread:

Some days are dry, some days are leaky
Some days come clean, other days are sneaky
Some days take less, but most days take more
Some slip through your fingers and onto the floor

Some days you're quick, but most days you're speedy
Some days you use more force than is necessary
Some days just drop in on us

Some days it all adds up
And what you got is not enough

Some days are slippy, other days sloppy
Some days you can't stand the sight of a puppy
Your skin is white but you think you're a brother

Some days you wake up with her complaining
Some sunny days you wish it was raining
Some days are sulky, some days have a grin
And some days have bouncers and won't let you in

Some days are honest, some days are not
Some days you're thankful for what you've got
Some days you wake up in the army
And some days it's the enemy

Some days are work, most days you're lazy
Some days you feel like a bit of a baby
Lookin' for Jesus and His mother

Some days you feel ahead
You're making sense of what she said

Several years ago, I was about 40 minutes into my hour long commute when I realized that I was barefoot. It was way too late to return home. I was a teacher, so it looks pretty bad to arrive all dressed up and barefoot! Several of the other teachers sent student after student with their extra shoes for me to choose from. I used to keep extra shoes in the cupboard in case of emergency, but I ended up bringing them home since there had not been any need of them . . . until this incident! I was in the yearbook that year with some stupid caption, so it will never be forgotten!

That one is funny! roll.gif

Ok, this thread is just for fun.

Do you ever have those times when you do something and then can't believe that you have done/said it?

Such as mine from today:

I walked upstairs to my bedroom to get some socks. I glanced over saw my cat laying on the floor and said hello to him. Got the socks and before I left the room went to give my cat a stroke. As I bent down to the floor I realised that I had been talking to a pair of black boots!!!laugh.gif

(note to self - wear your glasses more!!)

Any of you want to share your dumb moments and give us all a laugh?

Only instead of boots, for me it was a fuzzy black sweater roll.gif

A few weeks ago..I got all dressed up for work on a SAturday!! I walked out of the house, didn't see the school buses..laughed then turned around..put on my bum clothes and climbed back into bed!

Okay... I'll share one...

One morning I was running late for work and it so happened that I had to report to a meeting that was being held in our executive board room. I finally get there all frazzled and panicked with the idea to sneak in unnoticed. I try to open the door as quietly as possible but it wouldn't open. So I try to pull the handle again and... nothing... it won't open. My boss turns around in his chair and says "Push... Kelly." And everyone laughs. So much for trying to sneak in somewhat unnoticed. I go in and make my way around the table to an empty chair while everyone is looking at me and still snickering and I say, "I'm late... and here for your amusement".

The upside is I didn't get in any trouble and it did make an ordinarily boring staff meeting amusing for a moment. Even if it was at my expense. The downside is no one forgets that kind of thing. *sigh*

Okay... I'll share one...

One morning I was running late for work and it so happened that I had to report to a meeting that was being held in our executive board room. I finally get there all frazzled and panicked with the idea to sneak in unnoticed. I try to open the door as quietly as possible but it wouldn't open. So I try to pull the handle again and... nothing... it won't open. My boss turns around in his chair and says "Push... Kelly." And everyone laughs. So much for trying to sneak in somewhat unnoticed. I go in and make my way around the table to an empty chair while everyone is looking at me and still snickering and I say, "I'm late... and here for your amusement".

The upside is I didn't get in any trouble and it did make an ordinarily boring staff meeting amusing for a moment. Even if it was at my expense. The downside is no one forgets that kind of thing. *sigh*

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

-trish-']Omg Zhivvy that is funny!

I wouldn't mind but I am always that dumb!!!

I did also once walk into a mirror in a shop - apologised to myself and thought - that woman looks a lot like me!!!!

hahahahahahha :D

Several years ago, I was about 40 minutes into my hour long commute when I realized that I was barefoot. It was way too late to return home. I was a teacher, so it looks pretty bad to arrive all dressed up and barefoot! Several of the other teachers sent student after student with their extra shoes for me to choose from. I used to keep extra shoes in the cupboard in case of emergency, but I ended up bringing them home since there had not been any need of them . . . until this incident! I was in the yearbook that year with some stupid caption, so it will never be forgotten!

this couldn't have happened for real, janette, it's too muchroll.gif

i've done worse; couple of years ago, i was helping my mother-in-law out by painting her livingroom.

the sweetheart brought me a nice cup of coffee.... but then i dunk the paintbrush right into the coffee.. instead of the paint... didn't finish  the coffee  after that (luckely)

tongue.gif

laugh.gifWhen shopping I tend to walk up to the wrong girl ( instead of my daughter ) to ask if the garment would suit me.........And I get funny looks after that .......

laugh.gifWhen shopping I tend to walk up to the wrong girl ( instead of my daughter ) to ask if the garment would suit me.........And I get funny looks after that .......
laugh.gif people just arent that helpfull anymore , 123!

you made me think of another one: i'm notorious for putting my errans in the wrong shopping cart!! only god knows how many fights i 've caused, poor husband coming home with make-up, panties or undies in his bags...

sometimes my husbands just whistles and laughs at me from behind another (our!) cart, or i look up in peoples face after placing things in there carts.... in the past i was really ashamed, now i cant help but laughing and luckely they find it amusing too!embarassed.gif

edit:  i remember this one time i looked up and there was my aunt behind the shoppincart, we all had a good laugh and so she knows about my habit now...

once my parents did go shopping, coming out  of the store it was raining and my dad went to get the car for my mum. so car stops and she gets in, shakes her umbrella, closes the dore, turns around to see this stranger looking at her, asking; well madam, where are you going to? the guy thought it was very funny (and so did we!) ....