Sign in to follow this  
bandcompletely

Current Discussion: If No Butts

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

badgirl56
']is it safe?..............

so funny, BG!!

btw i once read this article about irish/scotish castles each having their private ghosts and i think their was this one about a dog:

story went like this ; this lord, who lived in a big castle, had a favourite haunting dog, he was very fond of this loyal, strong dog. then the lady of the castle gave birth to their very first child; a boy! the dog always used to lay next to the cradle and watched over the little boy when the lord wasnt at home.

one hot summerevening, the lady was in one of the other rooms in this immense castle, the lord came home... he went to check on his son and found the cradle empty, splashed with blood.... also bloodmarks on the floor and he could see the pawl-shapes on the carpet... he figured his dog had gone mad and hurt the child... so he took his hunting-gun and stormed outside and there was his dog , coming towards him with the little babyboy in his mule!

the lord aimed his gun and shot the dog... he then picked up the baby, who was injured but still alive and held him against his chest...but he noticed injures and blood on the dog as well.. he looked around and saw something lying under a three, he went over and discovered this wolf , dead, covered with blood..

then he understood the wolf had come through the open window and snatch the child from his cradle... the dog went after him and defended the child in risk of his own life...

the man was filled with grief over what he'd done... and gave his loyal dog a funeral and a beautiful grave...

but now i think of it; this dog was shot to dead not strangled... cant be him in this thread then.eyes.gif

Terrible story... It's true we act before thinking, and most important, we blame others first of thinking what we did wrong.

I love dogs, I have one "Blackie", I found her in a trip 17 years ago. She was ill, no feed, a disaster. I brought her home in bus hidden in a basket because it was not alowed to carry animals. I took the risk and when I arrive I spent all of my money in vets and medications. Now she is 18 yeard old and nobody can understand how she is still alive. We call her highlinder. Is the life I saved...My daughter botters her all the time, but she is incapable to do anything

Once a doctor came to see my daughter because she was not well, and when she started to check on her, Blackie started to cry and walk all over the place very nervous. Amazing. I was said once that dogs see the new babies in the family as puppies, and they watch over them. They are really part of the family....By the way I hav to say I'm vegetarian.

we have a golden retriever (amongst our 3 dogs) such a gentle character! we had him for a year when our youngest son came. i can still remember him, he always go and lye very close to our boy and no matter how many toys he got hit over the head with; he didnt even blink an eye... didnt even open his eyes or lift his head and you would say he'd chose another more quiet spot to rest but he never did!

even the cats use to lye on top of him at winters, to get warm!

I'm watching CNN in spanish and they are talking of my country. And they say "The central bank of Argentina has two presidents", it's not true, the president of Argentina (in totally legal right) fired the president Redrado, and one suplent president asummed, the problem is this Redrado doesn't want to leave.

This is just to say we have to think everyword news media say, too much interests, but not people's interest.

I do like dogs but don't haveone. When I was younger my mum used to puppy walk guide dogs for the blind - it was great. |We had the dog for a year and gave it the basic training then they would go to the guide dog centre to be fully trained to be a guide dog. it was horrible to give them back but we knew what good they were gonig to do.

I have my cat. He was a rescue cat who i got ten years ago (11 years in November). He is a big handsome green eyed black cat (which makes me a witch!!!). When i got him he had two lovely huge fangs which came outside his mouth like a vampire. Over the past couple of years he had gum disease and they had to be taken out so he's not my vampire cat anymore!!! He is called Zywiec (pronounced Zhive-etch) which is a brand of Polish beer but is known as Zhivvy for short which is where my Zoo name comes from.

we have a golden retriever (amongst our 3 dogs) such a gentle character! we had him for a year when our youngest son came. i can still remember him, he always go and lye very close to our boy and no matter how many toys he got hit over the head with; he didnt even blink an eye... didnt even open his eyes or lift his head and you would say he'd chose another more quiet spot to rest but he never did!

even the cats use to lye on top of him at winters, to get warm!

They are very noble, we have to take care of them, too much to learn from them. They are an example of respect and love.

I do like dogs but don't haveone. When I was younger my mum used to puppy walk guide dogs for the blind - it was great. |We had the dog for a year and gave it the basic training then they would go to the guide dog centre to be fully trained to be a guide dog. it was horrible to give them back but we knew what good they were gonig to do.

I have my cat. He was a rescue cat who i got ten years ago (11 years in November). He is a big handsome green eyed black cat (which makes me a witch!!!). When i got him he had two lovely huge fangs which came outside his mouth like a vampire. Over the past couple of years he had gum disease and they had to be taken out so he's not my vampire cat anymore!!! He is called Zywiec (pronounced Zhive-etch) which is a brand of Polish beer but is known as Zhivvy for short which is where my Zoo name comes from.

So evryone of us are witches, vampyres, ghosts, etc. We are in the right place then.Amazing you are using yours cat name in here, very sweet !!!

Do you have any polish relatives ???? My grandfather, on my mother side, he was polish !!!!

I know, I'm a terrible mix of nations, my ascenders are irish, polish, spanish, brazilians, italian and french on my father's side. And my husband is a greek descendent, so my daughter is even more mixed than me. Her name is Lara Voukelatos Silva.

What about you???? Where are your ancestors come from ?????

Interesting but aparently the song "New years day" was writen because of Poland. And coincidence, my birthday is January first, new years day..... Very meanfull song for me.

Some people get a trip from doing ecstasy or similar drugs.  You guys get a trip out of the discussion title!  That's the kind of trip I like :-)

* Don't do drugs.  This post does not endorse drugs in anyway.  On the contrary, this post is to encourage readers to get a "high" through the words of this thread.

I don't have any Polish relatives but some very very good friends over there since i lived there in the late 1990s. There is something about the country which i love so much. It is just enchanting. I go over there at least once or twice a year to visit my friends in the south of the country. Although i have travelled over all of it now. One of my best friends from there (she now lives in Dublin) was a private student of mine and her parents invited me to live in their home with them instead of my tiny one room flat. which shows how open and loving they are. Her mother is now my daughter's third grandma!!! And we are all classed as family. When we go to visit she will move out of her place to stay with her sister so we can have a house to stay in - and we never ask for this! When i go it is like going home instead of goingon holiday.

My heritage is a mixture too. On my Dad's side of the family we are Irish descent. My mum's side is a complete mix which goes back to my great great grandma being Romany - so blood from all over the world. I think the gypsy blood in me is what makes me such a traveller.

Some people get a trip from doing ecstasy or similar drugs.  You guys get a trip out of the discussion title!  That's the kind of trip I like :-)

* Don't do drugs.  This post does not endorse drugs in anyway.  On the contrary, this post is to encourage readers to get a "high" through the words of this thread.

Welcome back BC, we really missed you and we needed you to change the title !

I love you sentence " You get a trip out of the discussion title ". I agree with the drug thing, I respect everyone can do what ever they want wit the body, but the philosophic trips are so much high than drug trips !

I have travelling blood as well.... Don't know where it came from though! All I know is that i'm 1/4 jewish.... and maybe russian... I need to go do some geneology now!

Naz, you are the second person I know who was born on New Year's day.

who else ???? I used to have a boss when I worked for a bank, he was expecting a boy. I told him, the boy was going to birth on new years'day just like me. And it happened so......

I went to Kinnity Castle on Saturday night. The plan was to arrive there at 4pm allowing us all a couple of hours to get ready for dinner at 6pm. I didn't arrive until 5.30pm. That was due to getting lost a number of times and also because of the sky coming down and laying itself out as a thick fog over the ground. The fog added to the notion that the castle was haunted. The fog hung off the old gray walls of the building like a horde of ghosts that had lived there 800 years before.

I parked the car, opened the trunk and grabbed my duffle bag.  I entered the castle through two big wooden doors and was greeted by two empty suits of armor standing at the top of a red carpetted stairway. There was a smell of an age that was trying desperately to linger on. It greeted my nostrils with the hope that I may never leave but instead keep the scent deep within my heart. I knew that could never be possible. This was a hotel after all and I had only paid for one night's accommodation. Instead, I decide to capture the scent in words and relay it to a world still living.

My room was down a dark corridor that was lit by nothing more than a candle lit courtyard that I could see through the small windows on my right. The door to my room was in the furthest most corner of the castle. I entered the room and shut my door. I had to push it hard as it had stiffened over the years and now creaked loudly.

The light was already on in the room. Something went quickly by the window. Maybe it was the janitor tending to the flowers outside my window. I shut the curtains.

I shaved, then had a quick shower, changed my clothes and went downstairs.  I was greeted by Mrs O'Reilly.  She recognised me, although I only met her once - at her daughter's marriage to my good friend, Lucianno (nickname given to him for having Italian features despite being very Irish).  That wedding was some 8 years ago. With her was her eldest daughter, Rita who came with her youngest son, David.  I worked with Rita some years ago. When introducing me to others, she tends to refer to me as "the guy who uses his religious knowledge to wind up the world".  She's quite right.  Rita has that ability to cut away the foliage to reveal a person's true identity.

I don't have any Polish relatives but some very very good friends over there since i lived there in the late 1990s. There is something about the country which i love so much. It is just enchanting. I go over there at least once or twice a year to visit my friends in the south of the country. Although i have travelled over all of it now. One of my best friends from there (she now lives in Dublin) was a private student of mine and her parents invited me to live in their home with them instead of my tiny one room flat. which shows how open and loving they are. Her mother is now my daughter's third grandma!!! And we are all classed as family. When we go to visit she will move out of her place to stay with her sister so we can have a house to stay in - and we never ask for this! When i go it is like going home instead of goingon holiday.

My heritage is a mixture too. On my Dad's side of the family we are Irish descent. My mum's side is a complete mix which goes back to my great great grandma being Romany - so blood from all over the world. I think the gypsy blood in me is what makes me such a traveller.

All the ways go to Ireland.... Irish, my favorite !!!! And your polish friends live in Dublin ?????

I have to tell you that gypsy blood is vampyre type... So you maybe are a vampyre too....

I have travelling blood as well.... Don't know where it came from though! All I know is that i'm 1/4 jewish.... and maybe russian... I need to go do some geneology now!

I'm letting my wings fly away and I'm thinking........... Maybe we can join in a point, of course Dublin, and go to see the world, Russia, France, Portugal, Croatia, Romania, Egypt, Turky, etc.......... is a good way of finishing this crazy thread.

[quote name='nazhira wrote:

vertigoed']I have travelling blood as well.... Don't know where it came from though! All I know is that i'm 1/4 jewish.... and maybe russian... I need to go do some geneology now!

I'm letting my wings fly away and I'm thinking........... Maybe we can join in a point, of course Dublin, and go to see the world, Russia, France, Portugal, Croatia, Romania, Egypt, Turky, etc.......... is a good way of finishing this crazy thread.

Sounds like a great way to end the thread (if it must end tongue.gif)

[quote name='nazhira wrote:

Zhivvy']I don't have any Polish relatives but some very very good friends over there since i lived there in the late 1990s. There is something about the country which i love so much. It is just enchanting. I go over there at least once or twice a year to visit my friends in the south of the country. Although i have travelled over all of it now. One of my best friends from there (she now lives in Dublin) was a private student of mine and her parents invited me to live in their home with them instead of my tiny one room flat. which shows how open and loving they are. Her mother is now my daughter's third grandma!!! And we are all classed as family. When we go to visit she will move out of her place to stay with her sister so we can have a house to stay in - and we never ask for this! When i go it is like going home instead of goingon holiday.

All the ways go to Ireland.... Irish, my favorite !!!! And your polish friends live in Dublin ?????

I have to tell you that gypsy blood is vampyre type... So you maybe are a vampyre too....

Quite possibly - I did love Romania when i went last year - they say it's full of Vampyres there!! I knew about Poland and new years day. My dream is to see U2 in Poland and hear them play that song - that would make me very happy. Yes my Polish friends have lived in Dublin for a couple of years now (before that they lived with us in England for a year or so) will be with them in 3 weeks!! Can't wait.

BC - welcome back! Thank you for not endorsing drugs - and you're right the high from here is fun enough! I have tried things in the past (nothing too bad!) but prefer the high of having fun and a few beers/wine - much more fun!happy.gif

And Vertigoes you really should look into youre family tree it is so interesting to do.

I went to Kinnity Castle on Saturday night. The plan was to arrive there at 4pm allowing us all a couple of hours to get ready for dinner at 6pm. I didn't arrive until 5.30pm. That was due to getting lost a number of times and also because of the sky coming down and laying itself out as a thick fog over the ground. The fog added to the notion that the castle was haunted. The fog hung off the old gray walls of the building like a horde of ghosts that had lived there 800 years before.

I parked the car, opened the trunk and grabbed my duffle bag.  I entered the castle through two big wooden doors and was greeted by two empty suits of armor standing at the top of a red carpetted stairway. There was a smell of an age that was trying desperately to linger on. It greeted my nostrils with the hope that I may never leave but instead keep the scent deep within my heart. I knew that could never be possible. This was a hotel after all and I had only paid for one night's accommodation. Instead, I decide to capture the scent in words and relay it to a world still living.

My room was down a dark corridor that was lit by nothing more than a candle lit courtyard that I could see through the small windows on my right. The door to my room was in the furthest most corner of the castle. I entered the room and shut my door. I had to push it hard as it had stiffened over the years and now creaked loudly.

The light was already on in the room. Something went quickly by the window. Maybe it was the janitor tending to the flowers outside my window. I shut the curtains.

I shaved, then had a quick shower, changed my clothes and went downstairs.  I was greeted by Mrs O'Reilly.  She recognised me, although I only met her once - at her daughter's marriage to my good friend, Lucianno (nickname given to him for having Italian features despite being very Irish).  That wedding was some 8 years ago. With her was her eldest daughter, Rita who came with her youngest son, David.  I worked with Rita some years ago. When introducing me to others, she tends to refer to me as "the guy who uses his religious knowledge to wind up the world".  She's quite right.  Rita has that ability to cut away the foliage to reveal a person's true identity.

Recognised, Luciano, very irish, religious knowledge, true identity......

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

nazhira wrote:

Zhivvy
']I don't have any Polish relatives but some very very good friends over there since i lived there in the late 1990s. There is something about the country which i love so much. It is just enchanting. I go over there at least once or twice a year to visit my friends in the south of the country. Although i have travelled over all of it now. One of my best friends from there (she now lives in Dublin) was a private student of mine and her parents invited me to live in their home with them instead of my tiny one room flat. which shows how open and loving they are. Her mother is now my daughter's third grandma!!! And we are all classed as family. When we go to visit she will move out of her place to stay with her sister so we can have a house to stay in - and we never ask for this! When i go it is like going home instead of goingon holiday.

Quite possibly - I did love Romania when i went last year - they say it's full of Vampyres there!! I knew about Poland and new years day. My dream is to see U2 in Poland and hear them play that song - that would make me very happy. Yes my Polish friends have lived in Dublin for a couple of years now (before that they lived with us in England for a year or so) will be with them in 3 weeks!! Can't wait.

BC - welcome back! Thank you for not endorsing drugs - and you're right the high from here is fun enough! I have tried things in the past (nothing too bad!) but prefer the high of having fun and a few beers/wine - much more fun!happy.gif

And Vertigoes you really should look into youre family tree it is so interesting to do.

I've always wanted to but my aunt (my grandma died) is really weird and wont give any names of her family! That makes it difficult but i am determined to do my genealogy this year! Who knows, might be distantly related to Bono (i can dream cant i? smokin.gif)

If he's in your family we want an introduction!!!!

Thanks zhivvy. Nice to be here. Although, my mind isn't really in it tonight. I think I'm going googly-eyed!

Feel the same - mondayitis as i call it! Not long before i go to bed and  the land of nod! 

[quote name='vertigoed wrote:

Zhivvy
wrote:

nazhira wrote:

Zhivvy
']I don't have any Polish relatives but some very very good friends over there since i lived there in the late 1990s. There is something about the country which i love so much. It is just enchanting. I go over there at least once or twice a year to visit my friends in the south of the country. Although i have travelled over all of it now. One of my best friends from there (she now lives in Dublin) was a private student of mine and her parents invited me to live in their home with them instead of my tiny one room flat. which shows how open and loving they are. Her mother is now my daughter's third grandma!!! And we are all classed as family. When we go to visit she will move out of her place to stay with her sister so we can have a house to stay in - and we never ask for this! When i go it is like going home instead of goingon holiday.

BC - welcome back! Thank you for not endorsing drugs - and you're right the high from here is fun enough! I have tried things in the past (nothing too bad!) but prefer the high of having fun and a few beers/wine - much more fun!
happy.gif

I've always wanted to but my aunt (my grandma died) is really weird and wont give any names of her family! That makes it difficult but i am determined to do my genealogy this year! Who knows, might be distantly related to Bono (i can dream cant i? smokin.gif)

Nooooo!!!!!!!! It's better if he's no relative to you. Think..............