Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bandcompletely

Current Discussion: If No Butts

Recommended Posts

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:


nazhira wrote:

barbara1']hi, nazhira!!

hmmm, you know small man can be sexy...look at bono!! maybe that's what did it for you? made you ask him to buy you a drink??

Did I say something about short man ?????

 

i was talking to zhiv in that part, nazhira... but now you mentionned, do you have a tall husband, or did you go for the shorter version , like bono???

 

 

Ahhhhh !!!!!! I'm short and he is very tall. I have no problem with height. How he looks is mportant to me but, just what I like. I don't usually likes man that are loved for all girls like Brad Pitt, or Beckam. But I feel atractive to intelligence, personality,...the way he smiles, and the way he looks ( How do you say this: I mean, the eyes ). I like shy gays, but those that get nervous when you arrive but you can see through them they have strong personality among the shyness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i usually fall for the not so polished ones either. (exeption for captain jack and josh hartnett... though when you look at their faces, they have some unusual figures (is that the right expression?) but my favourites are men like jack nicholson, samuel L jackson and dr house!

i'm not so tall, so most man are taller then me, even my 15year old son is, and my daughter is about to catch up with me too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='sea_islander wrote:


nazhira']
I'm letting my wings fly away and I'm thinking........... Maybe we can join in a point, of course Dublin, and go to see the world, Russia, France, Portugal, Croatia, Romania, Egypt, Turky, etc.......... is a good way of finishing this crazy thread.

 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ults5C_j_AY

 

 

smile.gif

 

Can you embed the videos into this discussion - it makes it easier than having to click out and view them from within youtube.  I'm one of those rare people who don't do youtube.  To embed (if you don't know how) is to:

 

1.  From within youtube.com, copy the code that you find in the URL tab beside the video on the right (it's the same code you paste in here).

2. From within any post within this thread, click REPLY (Do not use the quick reply).

3. You will be presented with a menu.  There is a button to the right of a smiley face. It's a video link. Click it.

4. Copy and paste the code here and click OK.

 

Voila.  The video is now shown within community.u2.com/forum/75.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='nazhira wrote:


bandcompletely wrote:

bandcompletely']I went to Kinnity Castle on Saturday night. The plan was to arrive there at 4pm allowing us all a couple of hours to get ready for dinner at 6pm. I didn't arrive until 5.30pm. That was due to getting lost a number of times and also because of the sky coming down and laying itself out as a thick fog over the ground. The fog added to the notion that the castle was haunted. The fog hung off the old gray walls of the building like a horde of ghosts that had lived there 800 years before.

 

I parked the car, opened the trunk and grabbed my duffle bag.  I entered the castle through two big wooden doors and was greeted by two empty suits of armor standing at the top of a red carpetted stairway. There was a smell of an age that was trying desperately to linger on. It greeted my nostrils with the hope that I may never leave but instead keep the scent deep within my heart. I knew that could never be possible. This was a hotel after all and I had only paid for one night's accommodation. Instead, I decide to capture the scent in words and relay it to a world still living.

 

My room was down a dark corridor that was lit by nothing more than a candle lit courtyard that I could see through the small windows on my right. The door to my room was in the furthest most corner of the castle. I entered the room and shut my door. I had to push it hard as it had stiffened over the years and now creaked loudly.

 

The light was already on in the room. Something went quickly by the window. Maybe it was the janitor tending to the flowers outside my window. I shut the curtains.I shaved, then had a quick shower, changed my clothes and went downstairs.  I was greeted by Mrs O'Reilly.  She recognised me, although I only met her once - at her daughter's marriage to my good friend, Lucianno (nickname given to him for having Italian features despite being very Irish).  That wedding was some 8 years ago. With her was her eldest daughter, Rita who came with her youngest son, David.  I worked with Rita some years ago. When introducing me to others, she tends to refer to me as "the guy who uses his religious knowledge to wind up the world".  She's quite right.  Rita has that ability to cut away the foliage to reveal a person's true identity.

I entered the bar.  I must have been the last person to arrive because the place was full of Lucianno's friends. 

 

Phil was there.  He was on his first drink.  And I knew that later on he would do the sensible thing and drink buckets and buckets of water and go to bed early. Phil was born sensible.  When he was born, he was able to put on his own diaper. At the age of 3 he was washing his own laundry. When he reached puberty he didn't have to ask anyone why he was getting hairy, he had already prepared himself for this "change" 6 years earlier by reading Sue Townsend's "The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole" 15 times!

 

Paddy and his wife Mary were there.  If they had made an excuse not to turn up, there would have been no party.  Lucianno and Paddy were great friends since college. Shortly after finishing college, they got the same job working for the same multinational, in the same department with the same guy herein referred to as BandCompletely.  We worked together for 10 years. The connection only broke when I walked out on my job, never to return to the place. But, we remained friends. 

 

Paddy has a sense of humor unique to him.  He can give the most mundane of subjects a colour that no one else could ever manage.  Definitely not Phil!  All listen with interest to any story he tells, any subject he relates, and any joke he spins.  He and Bono struggle with the same height dillemma - how to get their peepee over the edge of the urinal so that their dirty contents are not spilling all over the floor. 

 

Mary, on the otherhand, is a lady who has an air of confidence but is truly a troubled woman.  She loves to think she is in control of her life and can control others.  But, like her mother, her world is falling apart around her while she is propping up her ego.  She may save her face but everything else may get lost in the queue for the bathroom.

 

Lucianno's wife was tall, slender, attractive mother of 3 beautiful and well behaved children.  She was brought up in a loving family and it showed.  Her beauty on the outside was well complimented by her beauty on the inside. She cared for all around her and always ensured everyone was having a good time.  When first introduced to Lucianno she was informed that he was an Italian with very little English.  Lucianno played on this for the whole night.  They have been together ever since.

What's the name of Luciano'wife ?

All the names have changed to protect people's identities so does it matter what I name I give her?  How does Philomena sound?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanx so much for that suggestion BC!! meant to ask it but never knew how to explain myself, so never bothered... but now i know, i'll try it... tomorrow, cause of to bed now!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SLEEP WELL BABS

 

thanx, U2! but untill then, you guys enjoy yourself in here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:


bandcompletely']SLEEP WELL BABS

 

thanx, U2! but untill then, you guys enjoy yourself in here!

We will!!! And I will remember to only bring flat shoes to Belgium! tongue.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:


barbara1 wrote:

bandcompletely']SLEEP WELL BABS

 

thanx, U2! but untill then, you guys enjoy yourself in here!

We will!!! And I will remember to only bring flat shoes to Belgium! tongue.gif

thanx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (though i have the feelin you're teasing...) really of now... just remember you were gonna be in bed in time too, zhiv...tongue.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:


Zhivvy wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

bandcompletely']SLEEP WELL BABS

 

thanx, U2! but untill then, you guys enjoy yourself in here!

We will!!! And I will remember to only bring flat shoes to Belgium!
tongue.gif

thanx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (though i have the feelin you're teasing...) really of now... just remember you were gonna be in bed in time too, zhiv...tongue.gif

 

Only 10:30 here!!! Still on phone too! tongue.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To the ladies who go to bed: Have a nice sleep !!!!

BC: Philomena is ok. In my first review I could see she was the only person without a name...???? I was curious about that. Why she hasn't a name in this story. Maybe she the most important character in it.

Why these identities have to be protected ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So this "Diary of Adrian Mole" from Sue is like "Dracula" from Bram....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I entered the bar. I must have been the last person to arrive because the place was full of Lucianno's friends.

 

There is something wrong here. You said later you are a friend of Luciano????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to Kinnity Castle on Saturday night. The plan was to arrive there at 4pm allowing us all a couple of hours to get ready for dinner at 6pm. I didn't arrive until 5.30pm. That was due to getting lost a number of times and also because of the sky coming down and laying itself out as a thick fog over the ground. The fog added to the notion that the castle was haunted. The fog hung off the old gray walls of the building like a horde of ghosts that had lived there 800 years before.

 

I parked the car, opened the trunk and grabbed my duffle bag.  I entered the castle through two big wooden doors and was greeted by two empty suits of armor standing at the top of a red carpetted stairway. There was a smell of an age that was trying desperately to linger on. It greeted my nostrils with the hope that I may never leave but instead keep the scent deep within my heart. I knew that could never be possible. This was a hotel after all and I had only paid for one night's accommodation. Instead, I decide to capture the scent in words and relay it to a world still living.

 

My room was down a dark corridor that was lit by nothing more than a candle lit courtyard that I could see through the small windows on my right. The door to my room was in the furthest most corner of the castle. I entered the room and shut my door. I had to push it hard as it had stiffened over the years and now creaked loudly.

 

The light was already on in the room. Something went quickly by the window. Maybe it was the janitor tending to the flowers outside my window. I shut the curtains.I shaved, then had a quick shower, changed my clothes and went downstairs.  I was greeted by Mrs O'Reilly.  She recognised me, although I only met her once - at her daughter's marriage to my good friend, Lucianno (nickname given to him for having Italian features despite being very Irish).  That wedding was some 8 years ago. With her was her eldest daughter, Rita who came with her youngest son, David.  I worked with Rita some years ago. When introducing me to others, she tends to refer to me as "the guy who uses his religious knowledge to wind up the world".  She's quite right.  Rita has that ability to cut away the foliage to reveal a person's true identity. I entered the bar.  I must have been the last person to arrive because the place was full of Lucianno's friends. 

 

Phil was there.  He was on his first drink.  And I knew that later on he would do the sensible thing and drink buckets and buckets of water and go to bed early. Phil was born sensible.  When he was born, he was able to put on his own diaper. At the age of 3 he was washing his own laundry. When he reached puberty he didn't have to ask anyone why he was getting hairy, he had already prepared himself for this "change" 6 years earlier by reading Sue Townsend's "The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole" 15 times.

 

Paddy and his wife Mary were there.  If they had made an excuse not to turn up, there would have been no party.  Lucianno and Paddy were great friends since college. Shortly after finishing college, they got the same job working for the same multinational, in the same department with the same guy herein referred to as BandCompletely.  We worked together for 10 years. The connection only broke when I walked out on my job, never to return to the place. But, we remained friends.

 

Paddy has a sense of humor unique to him.  He can give the most mundane of subjects a colour that no one else could ever manage.  Definitely not Phil!  All listen with interest to any story he tells, any subject he relates, and any joke he spins.  He and Bono struggle with the same height dillemma - how to get their peepee over the edge of the urinal so that their dirty contents are not spilling all over the floor. 

 

Mary, on the otherhand, is a lady who has an air of confidence but is truly a troubled woman.  She loves to think she is in control of her life and can control others.  But, like her mother, her world is falling apart around her while she is propping up her ego.  She may save her face but everything else may get lost in the queue for the bathroom.

 

Lucianno's wife, Philomena, was a tall, slender, attractive mother of three beautiful and well behaved children.  She was brought up in a loving family and it showed.  Her beauty on the outside was well complimented by her beauty on the inside. She cared for all around her and always ensured everyone was having a good time.  When first introduced to Lucianno she was informed that he was an Italian with very little English.  Lucianno played on this for the whole night.  They have been together ever since.I forgot to mention that the bar was known as the "Dungeon Bar".  The same suited the place because it was in the lowest chamber, beside the deepest keep. Strangely, the effect of the bar being a creepy place was lost due to the amount of artificial light. There was nothing eerie about the place.  This suited most people, especially the women who were nervously looking about themselves for fear the ghost of the baby in diapers would return looking for its mother.

 

Apparently some weeks earlier, the concierge noticed a child walking about the halls of the castle in nothing but it's diaper. She picked it up and brought it to reception.  While making calls to the rooms where she knew there were children, the child disappeared.  Nobody in any of the rooms were missing their children.  The child could only have been a ghost.  A ghost of the smothered child. In 1532, a child had been born illegitimately to a servant girl living in the castle.  For fear she would be found and hanged for the crime, she smothered the child and burried it in the dungeon.  This story was being relayed by the women in our company. They told it in such a manner that they expected the baby in diapers come come walking through as the story was told.  It never did.

 

I ordered beer for the company.  We drank, laughed and continued in this manner until dinner.

We were ushered into a room that was laid out specially for our party.  There were 2 chefs and 3 waitresses on hand.  We lined up for starters, then the main course and finally dessert.  The meal and conversations were rather uneventful.  Lucianno gave a brief speech and we then continued eating and chatting. The food was exquisite.  We thanked the head chef as we left. 

 

We went straight back to the bar.  Beer was ordered and we drank.  We drank and smoked and drank.  Then some kids came in, took our seats and set up their musical instruments for some traditional music and dance.  Any other night and we might have enjoyed it but we only wanted to chat, drink and smoke.  Traditional music being hi-diddlie-eyed into our ears was just an irritation.  But we put up with it ,... by sitting out in the freezing cold with a cigarette in one hand, a beer on the table and the camera being flashed constantly...!

 

11pm. 12am. 1am.  Aiden was asked to DJ for the rest of the night.  I wasn't sure what the "rest of the night" meant because usually music finishes at 2am.  That meant the DJ would only be on for an hour.  We were back in the bar, girls were removing their shoes and were dancing across the floor and pestering any man to join them in a dance.  I didn't entertain them.  I sat at the bar and spoke to a girl about music, painting and literature.  All of it was media that she was currently working on or wanted to do.

 

2am. 3am.  4am.  Aiden eventually stopped.  not that he was asked to stop but he wanted to go to bed.  The hotel would have let us play until we could dance no more.  Only one person helped Aiden take his equipment back into the car.  That was Paddy.  The reason for this may have been because he was the only one sober enough.

 

5am. 6am. 7am.  People were slowly drifting off away to their beds.  Eventually all who were left, was Lucianno, Philomena, Tim, a girl from New York - I never caught her name, and myself.  We were hoping we would be joined by a ghost but none came.  We left lucianno and Philomena at the bottom of the stairs to find their own room.  Tim and I left Ms NY to her door and then we headed to our own rooms.  We realised we were next door to each other.  Tim's wife was already sleeping so we chatted for a few minutes.

 

7:30am.  We were still talking.  I had never met Tim before.  He only knew Lucianno and Philomena vaguely.  His wife worked with Philomena and there was his only connection with the event.  We discussed ghosts and then decided there was no point going to bed because breakfast was at 8am.  instead, we walked the corridors of the hotel breathing heavily as we went be rooms pretending to be ghosts.  I'm not sure if anyone heard us.  If they did, they never opened their doors.  Maybe fear had clutched them to their beds.

 

We eventually ended up in the Library bar.  We removed books from the cases and opened them.  We didn't read them.  We couldn't. We were either too drunk or too tired or a bit of both. 

 

The concierge brought us coffee to sober us up.  We drank it and then went for breakfast.

 

I went to bed shortly afterwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I entered the bar. I must have been the last person to arrive because the place was full of Lucianno's friends.

 

There is something wrong here. You said later you are a friend of Luciano????

Just because I am a friend of Lucianno's does not mean that all Lucianno's friends are mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='bandcompletely wrote:


nazhira']I entered the bar. I must have been the last person to arrive because the place was full of Lucianno's friends.

 

There is something wrong here. You said later you are a friend of Luciano????

Just because I am a friend of Lucianno's does not mean that all Lucianno's friends are mine.

 

Luciano's friends! You didn't include yourself here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered beer for the company.

Beer was ordered and we drank

 

Betwen this two instances something changed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Traditional music being hi-diddlie-eyed into our ears was just an irritation

 

Was it Bono playing ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='nazhira wrote:


bandcompletely wrote:

nazhira']I entered the bar. I must have been the last person to arrive because the place was full of Lucianno's friends.

 

There is something wrong here. You said later you are a friend of Luciano????

Just because I am a friend of Lucianno's does not mean that all Lucianno's friends are mine.

 

Luciano's friends! You didn't include yourself here

No I didn't.  Because I wasn't in there yet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

usually music finishes at 2am

 

Wrong, it does 3:33. Ja, stupid joke, I know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So this "Diary of Adrian Mole" from Sue is like "Dracula" from Bram....

ahem, i think maybe you should do a search online for "The Diary of Adrian Mole".... it's nothing to do with "Dracula"!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='bandcompletely wrote:


nazhira wrote:

bandcompletely wrote:

nazhira']I entered the bar. I must have been the last person to arrive because the place was full of Lucianno's friends.

 

There is something wrong here. You said later you are a friend of Luciano????

Just because I am a friend of Lucianno's does not mean that all Lucianno's friends are mine.

 

Luciano's friends! You didn't include yourself here

No I didn't.  Because I wasn't in there yet...

 

So, you arrived to a diferent place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...