Sign in to follow this  
bandcompletely

Current Discussion: If No Butts

Night BC, sleep well, slow down ! See you tomorrow

Bicycles need to keep warm too...lol roll.gifroll.gif

7fqyOhZ64z8iBtiAe8lH4UAjLA_mkGVh

Someone parked this at the library I work at this afternoon. Only in LA...lol

envelop still there, same color and '1 new message'... nothing changed, but did get your PM, BG...

LMAO, expected some serious stuff....

I love the new blue envelope! IT's what the fans had asked for. And I got a message too!! smile.gif 

Bicycles need to keep warm too...lol roll.gifroll.gif

7fqyOhZ64z8iBtiAe8lH4UAjLA_mkGVh

Someone parked this at the library I work at this afternoon. Only in LA...lol

too funny, it's not too hard to finding the strange in LA!

[quote name='U2LAWoman wrote:

barbara1']envelop still there, same color and '1 new message'... nothing changed, but did get your PM, BG...

LMAO, expected some serious stuff....

I love the new blue envelope! IT's what the fans had asked for. And I got a message too!! smile.gif 

That's what I still have - once again I think I have a message and not - indifferent.gif x

thumbsup.gifit worked lassies!thumbsup.gif..now this thread is all about an AA meeting!!!!!laugh.gif well it should have been Sunday/Monday for me!laugh.gif...I would have benefited from that!.lol!

Night BC, sleep well, slow down ! See you tomorrow
Apologies for last night.  I was tired and got annoyed with the whole "I'm American and we're the best" drivel.  When will people learn to humble themselves?  A country is only powerful until it is overpowered by another.  Historically, the most powerful nations have been overthrown overnight.

The only world power that I can think of, that was never overthrown, was the Roman Empire - it just went into a slow demise.

- The Assyrian Empire collapsed in one battle against the Babylonians, known as the Battle of Carchemish.

- The Babylonian Empire fell over night to the Persians.

- The Persian Empire fell the night Darius III was killed. 

- The Greek Empire, which was built within just 13 years by Alexander the Great, became nothing when he died.

Whose to say the World Power today should be any different?

The lack of humility destroyed most of those empires.  Let it serve as a lesson to anyone.

[quote name='bandcompletely wrote:

nazhira']Night BC, sleep well, slow down ! See you tomorrow

Apologies for last night.  I was tired and got annoyed with the whole "I'm American and we're the best" drivel.  When will people learn to humble themselves?  A country is only powerful until it is overpowered by another.  Historically, the most powerful nations have been overthrown overnight.

The only world power that I can think of, that was never overthrown, was the Roman Empire - it just went into a slow demise.

- The Assyrian Empire collapsed in one battle against the Babylonians, known as the Battle of Carchemish.

- The Greek Empire, which was built within just 13 years by Alexander the Great, became nothing when he died.

The lack of humility destroyed most of those empires.  Let it serve as a lesson to anyone.Guess i missed some posts.... Who was saying Americans are the best? Cause we're not... The more i look at the news the more i see that we're [america] sticking our noses into other country's business that we dont need to... than we leave country's who need us to help [burma] alone saying that it'd be wrong to go in there....

I think a lot of countries are like that Vertigoed- only invade the ones which make us money - sorr yot sound cynical but that seems to be the case with these big countries. For god's sake UK invade Iraq etc.... because a dictator is in charge and has commited genocide - but yet Mugabe is still around in a country with no oil! makes me really angry!

How do the big countries think?! It makes me angry as well to think that people are getting away with genocide and still sitting pretty in their country while we go and invade other countries that are doing fine... Or we go invade and stay there long after we're needed....

[quote name='vertigoed wrote:

bandcompletely wrote:

nazhira']Night BC, sleep well, slow down ! See you tomorrow

The lack of humility destroyed most of those empires.  Let it serve as a lesson to anyone.
Guess i missed some posts.... Who was saying Americans are the best? Cause we're not... The more i look at the news the more i see that we're [america] sticking our noses into other country's business that we dont need to... than we leave country's who need us to help [burma] alone saying that it'd be wrong to go in there....

It was in a discussion in a separate thread that Naz and I were in.  There was a certain user who went down the whole road of "I'm an American, we are the best".  Now, I am not knocking his pride. That's fine - be proud of where you are from.  I'm certainly proud of where I am from. Arrogance on the otherhand, I can't stand.  It's that arrogance that has toppled powers in the past - the notion that a nation is invincible.  He was also of the opinion that they America isn't in debt and that they don't need assistance from anyone.  Now, those are just cloud 9 notions. No country is invincible.  America is in debt.  They are receiving assistance from other countries, mainly China.  I was just irked by the guy that he thought I knew nothing until I quoted a news article published by CNN.  That shut him up fairly lively on the subject of debt ... but he still thinks his country is invincible.  So here are a bunch of questions:

- Who has a stronger economy - China or USA?

- Will the USA be able to finance it's wars, it's banks or its economy as a whole, if China stops lending?

- Can the USA truly be invincible, or is it susceptible to collapse like any other world power before it?

There is a discussion created that I read about some obscure celebrity who has just died.  Such discussions usually start with R.I.P.  Now, when I think of RIP in relation to a dead person, I always think it weird.

Think about it....

Have you thought about it?  Probably not - you are too curious to see what I'm going to say on the subject, aren't you?

So, here is what I was thinking...

I would say RIP to a living person.  You know, it's 10pm, you're over at an elderly relative's place and she goes to bed.  So you say "Rest in peace".  In other words, you are giving her a blessing, that she won't be disturbed in her sleep, be it by nightmares, pain, party noise from next door, joy-riders driving around ... you get the idea?

I would not say RIP to a dead person.  Why?  Well, because they are dead.  Whether I say RIP or do not, they are going to RIP.  They don't need to be blessed with something that is already a given!  They aren't going to wake up, even if there was an earthquake!  So what's the point in saying it in the first place?

Love the bike LAW! Where can I get one of those? ;-)

The bike was one of those strange things I see at work from time to time. Gotta love the public library...contrary to popular belief, there's never a dull moment...lol

There is a discussion created that I read about some obscure celebrity who has just died.  Such discussions usually start with R.I.P.  Now, when I think of RIP in relation to a dead person, I always think it weird.

Think about it....

Have you thought about it?  Probably not - you are too curious to see what I'm going to say on the subject, aren't you?

I would say RIP to a living person.  You know, it's 10pm, you're over at an elderly relative's place and she goes to bed.  So you say "Rest in peace".  In other words, you are giving her a blessing, that she won't be disturbed in her sleep, be it by nightmares, pain, party noise from next door, joy-riders driving around ... you get the idea?

I would not say RIP to a dead person.  Why?  Well, because they are dead.  Whether I say RIP or do not, they are going to RIP.  They don't need to be blessed with something that is already a given!  They aren't going to wake up, even if there was an earthquake!  So what's the point in saying it in the first place?

I've never thought of that, but it makes complete sense. You would want to wish peaceful rest to someone who would need and appreciate it. It would seem a waste to wish it to the dead; because frankly, they're dead, they don't care anymore.

[quote name='jbarnych wrote:

bandcompletely']Love the bike LAW! Where can I get one of those? ;-)

The bike was one of those strange things I see at work from time to time. Gotta love the public library...contrary to popular belief, there's never a dull moment...lol

The library... looks dull but it's frequented by the bright.  wink.gif

1.for the roadtrip: this' one we need too!! and iggy pops 'the passenger, u2's 'where the streets have...' and depending on who's driving we could include.... 'daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car'  tongue.gif

2.i'm not a veggie, and i confess; the more bones... the more taste..embarassed.gif

3.about the rest in peace... considering the previous titles of this thread (vampyres, ghost of strangled dog, ghost of child in diapers.... i dont think wishing RIP to someone who's dead, is such a bad idea..sick.gif

4. a)about the big country interfearing: there were articles about the taliban repressing women for years but noone did a thing untill money and oil was involved...

B) helping others is a good thing , but not if you ignore problems/suffering in your own backyardfrown.gif

think i'm done now....

[quote name='jbarnych wrote:

bandcompletely']There is a discussion created that I read about some obscure celebrity who has just died.  Such discussions usually start with R.I.P.  Now, when I think of RIP in relation to a dead person, I always think it weird.

Think about it....

I've never thought of that, but it makes complete sense. You would want to wish peaceful rest to someone who would need and appreciate it. It would seem a waste to wish it to the dead; because frankly, they're dead, they don't care anymore.

I suppose, when it comes to the unknown (and death is an unknown:  no one living has experienced it), we really don't think about it too often.  We think more about that which we can comprehend than that which we can't.

???

1.for the roadtrip: this' one we need too!! and iggy pops 'the passenger, u2's 'where the streets have...' and depending on who's driving we could include.... 'daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car'? tongue.gif

2.i'm not a veggie, and i confess; the more bones... the more taste..embarassed.gif

3.about the rest in peace... considering the previous titles of this thread (vampyres, ghost of strangled dog, ghost of child in diapers.... i dont think?wishing RIP to someone who's?dead, is such a bad idea..sick.gif

4. a)about the big country interfearing: there were articles about the taliban repressing women for years but noone did a thing untill money and oil was involved...

B) helping others is a good thing , but not if you ignore problems/suffering in your own backyardfrown.gif

think i'm done now....

I'll have to look at that video later - it doesn't show up on my work PC. Well done on doing it again!

Now to respond to your great comments:

1. Yes, it's something we should do.  It's easier for me to say this than for you guys ... what with living in Ireland already.  Will I be the only guy????  I hope some of you are bringing husbands and boyfriends too... so that I can remain sane!

2. I'm not a veggie either. Vegetarianism is a disease that needs to be quashed. Just kidding.

3. Excellent point.  Never thought about that....

4. a & b - I'm have no comment to make on whether the decisions of a particular country are right or wrong.  No matter what the decision any country makes is controversial by defnition.

It was in a discussion in a separate thread that Naz and I were in.  There was a certain user who went down the whole road of "I'm an American, we are the best".  Now, I am not knocking his pride. That's fine - be proud of where you are from.  I'm certainly proud of where I am from. [i am toosmile.gif There's a whole song on how proud us Americans arelaugh.gif] Arrogance on the otherhand, I can't stand.  It's that arrogance that has toppled powers in the past - the notion that a nation is invincible.  He was also of the opinion that they America isn't in debt and that they don't need assistance from anyone.  Now, those are just cloud 9 notions. No country is invincible.  America is in debt.  They are receiving assistance from other countries, mainly China.  I was just irked by the guy that he thought I knew nothing until I quoted a news article published by CNN.  That shut him up fairly lively on the subject of debt ... but he still thinks his country is invincible.  So here are a bunch of questions:

- Who has a stronger economy - China or USA? Probably China since we are being finaced by them

- Will the USA be able to finance it's wars, it's banks or its economy as a whole, if China stops lending?

We would probably suck it up and pull through if we stopped borrowing from China... It would probably take several years and we might go through the Great Depression II though...

- Can the USA truly be invincible, or is it susceptible to collapse like any other world power before it?

Every country is susceptible to collapse... Especially America it seems.. We're so in debt and if those country's come to collect we could very well be taken over...

[quote name='vertigoed wrote:

bandcompletely']

It was in a discussion in a separate thread that Naz and I were in.  There was a certain user who went down the whole road of "I'm an American, we are the best".  Now, I am not knocking his pride. That's fine - be proud of where you are from.  I'm certainly proud of where I am from. 
[i am too
smile.gif
 There's a whole song on how proud us Americans are
laugh.gif
]
 Arrogance on the otherhand, I can't stand.  It's that arrogance that has toppled powers in the past - the notion that a nation is invincible.  He was also of the opinion that they America isn't in debt and that they don't need assistance from anyone.  Now, those are just cloud 9 notions. No country is invincible.  America is in debt.  They are receiving assistance from other countries, mainly China.  I was just irked by the guy that he thought I knew nothing until I quoted a news article published by CNN.  That shut him up fairly lively on the subject of debt ... but he still thinks his country is invincible.  So here are a bunch of questions:

- Who has a stronger economy - China or USA?
Probably China since we are being finaced by them

We would probably suck it up and pull through if we stopped borrowing from China... It would probably take several years and we might go through the Great Depression II though...

Every country is susceptible to collapse... Especially America it seems.. We're so in debt and if those country's come to collect we could very well be taken over...

Thanks for that V'd!  I like your candid response.  Whether they are right or wrong doesn't matter.  Now, let's get back to the ABC of RIP  tongue.gif

Was a vegetarian for my new years resolution... Was supposed to be healther for me but i felt healther the last month than all last year!

3.about the rest in peace... considering the previous titles of this thread (vampyres, ghost of strangled dog, ghost of child in diapers.... i dont think?wishing RIP to someone who's?dead, is such a bad idea..
sick.gif

hey, where these questionmarks came from?? they arent there in my original post! the ghost again....?