Sign in to follow this  
bandcompletely

Current Discussion: If No Butts

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

barbara1']

3.about the rest in peace... considering the previous titles of this thread (vampyres, ghost of strangled dog, ghost of child in diapers.... i dont think?wishing RIP to someone who's?dead, is such a bad idea..
sick.gif

hey, where these questionmarks came from?? they arent there in my original post! the ghost again....?

It's the Ghost of Current Discussions Past....  frown.gif

Was a vegetarian for my new years resolution... Was supposed to be healther for me but i felt healther the last month than all last year!
so are you still a vegetarian?

There is a discussion created that I read about some obscure celebrity who has just died.  Such discussions usually start with R.I.P.  Now, when I think of RIP in relation to a dead person, I always think it weird.

Think about it....

Have you thought about it?  Probably not - you are too curious to see what I'm going to say on the subject, aren't you?

So, here is what I was thinking...

I would say RIP to a living person.  You know, it's 10pm, you're over at an elderly relative's place and she goes to bed.  So you say "Rest in peace".  In other words, you are giving her a blessing, that she won't be disturbed in her sleep, be it by nightmares, pain, party noise from next door, joy-riders driving around ... you get the idea?

I would not say RIP to a dead person.  Why?  Well, because they are dead.  Whether I say RIP or do not, they are going to RIP.  They don't need to be blessed with something that is already a given!  They aren't going to wake up, even if there was an earthquake!  So what's the point in saying it in the first place?

It could be amusing to say rest in peace to a living older person and see the startled look on their face - I may try that one on my mother in law before she goes to bed the next time she visits!roll.gif

[quote name='Anjana wrote:

bandcompletely']There is a discussion created that I read about some obscure celebrity who has just died.  Such discussions usually start with R.I.P.  Now, when I think of RIP in relation to a dead person, I always think it weird.

Think about it....

Have you thought about it?  Probably not - you are too curious to see what I'm going to say on the subject, aren't you?

So, here is what I was thinking...

I would say RIP to a living person.  You know, it's 10pm, you're over at an elderly relative's place and she goes to bed.  So you say "Rest in peace".  In other words, you are giving her a blessing, that she won't be disturbed in her sleep, be it by nightmares, pain, party noise from next door, joy-riders driving around ... you get the idea?

I would not say RIP to a dead person.  Why?  Well, because they are dead.  Whether I say RIP or do not, they are going to RIP.  They don't need to be blessed with something that is already a given!  They aren't going to wake up, even if there was an earthquake!  So what's the point in saying it in the first place?

It could be amusing to say rest in peace to a living older person and see the startled look on their face - I may try that one on my mother in law before she goes to bed the next time she visits!roll.gif

I'd love to be the fly on the wall when you do that!

[quote name='bandcompletely wrote:

jbarnych wrote:

bandcompletely']Love the bike LAW! Where can I get one of those? ;-)

The bike was one of those strange things I see at work from time to time. Gotta love the public library...contrary to popular belief, there's never a dull moment...lol

The library... looks dull but it's frequented by the bright.  wink.gif

If only that were true...lol

[quote name='jbarnych wrote:

bandcompletely wrote:

jbarnych wrote:

The bike was one of those strange things I see at work from time to time. Gotta love the public library...contrary to popular belief, there's never a dull moment...lol

The library... looks dull but it's frequented by the bright. 
wink.gif

Go on.... nerd.gif

reminds me off a joke my love told me yesterday...

man (in despear): doctor, are you sure my mother in law will pull through, then???

doctor (reassuring): off course sir, she's much better today. i'm sure she'll recovery at last...

man: so, you dont happen to know someone who'd be interested in a nice wooden coffin?!

BC,

For good measure I may throw in an evil look when I say it and then creep around on the creaky floorboards near her room when all is dark devil.gif ahhhh such warm thoughts.....

PS judging by this thread you are clearly a very popular guy, no wonder the gals are flocking to you! 

BC,
For good measure I may throw in an evil look when I say it and then creep around on the creaky floorboards near her room when all is dark devil.gif ahhhh such warm thoughts.....

PS judging by this thread you are clearly a very popular guy, no wonder the gals are flocking to you! 
BC - I'm glad I'm not your mother-in-law! I wouldn't sleep a wink!

Popularity is a fad that I take with a pinch of salt.  What's entertaining people today, will be boring them tomorrow. Saying that, I'm loving the craic with them all! happy.gif

Anjana']

It could be amusing to say rest in peace to a living older person and see the startled look on their face - I may try that one on my mother in law before she goes to bed the next time she visits!
roll.gif

man (in despear): doctor, are you sure my mother in law will pull through, then???

doctor (reassuring): off course sir, she's much better today. i'm sure she'll recovery at last...

man: so, you dont happen to know someone who'd be interested in a nice wooden coffin?!

I love it babs ... the poor MILs!

Anjana']

It could be amusing to say rest in peace to a living older person and see the startled look on their face - I may try that one on my mother in law before she goes to bed the next time she visits!
roll.gif

I like it!  wink.gif

vertigoed']Was a vegetarian for my new years resolution... Was supposed to be healther for me but i felt healther the last month than all last year!

so are you still a vegetarian?

Heck no!! It was last years resolution and i am now a happy carnivore once more =)

dont suit our roadtrip-theme much but i have to share....

besides i have to practice this way of posting thm....

dont suit our roadtrip-theme much but i have to share....

besides i have to practice this way of posting thm....

Could be a hangover song for the early morning hours!

jbarnych wrote:

bandcompletely wrote:

jbarnych wrote:

wink.gif

Go on.... nerd.gif

It's true that there are some bright people that come in to the library, but often they are overshadowed by all the other types of people. I don't know how public libraries are in your part of the world; but here in my corner of Los Angeles, I get a mixture of the crazy, the homeless, the entitled (they will argue incessantly over a 25 cent fine that they legitimately owe), the rowdy school kids. The library can also have a distinctive smell, and not the smell of books. We like to call it "Ode de Patron," it's basically the smell of alcohol and wet dog.

It may seem as if it's all bad, but it's not. I honestly like working here. It's those few bright people that come in that make it worth while.

[quote name='jbarnych wrote:

bandcompletely wrote:

jbarnych wrote:

bandcompletely wrote:

jbarnych wrote:

wink.gif

Go on....
nerd.gif

It's true that there are some bright people that come in to the library, but often they are overshadowed by all the other types of people. I don't know how public libraries are in your part of the world; but here in my corner of Los Angeles, I get a mixture of the crazy, the homeless, the entitled (they will argue incessantly over a 25 cent fine that they legitimately owe), the rowdy school kids. The library can also have a distinctive smell, and not the smell of books. We like to call it "Ode de Patron," it's basically the smell of alcohol and wet dog.

It may seem as if it's all bad, but it's not. I honestly like working here. It's those few bright people that come in that make it worth while.

I used to dream of working in a library - i would love it happy.gif

I wish someone would give me a job anywhere i'm so freaking fed up of it!

oh and hello hehe

Whatis with this thread tonight? never known it to just not move - have you all been lifted up by the twilight Zone? Or maybe Bc and Naz have ran away together and have built a house full of questions....

I wish someone would give me a job anywhere i'm so freaking fed up of it!

oh and hello hehe

... the other side of my canvas!  Interested?

Whatis with this thread tonight? never known it to just not move - have you all been lifted up by the twilight Zone? Or maybe Bc and Naz have ran away together and have built a house full of questions....
I was in college so I wasn't here.  I'm not sure where Naz is.  She's the one who truly keeps this thread moving.  Maybe she's gone away "to dream it all up again" - the questions that is!  wink.gif

Sung to Queen's "Who Wants To Live Forever".  It's for the Daisies:

There's no song for us,

There's no hope for us,

Who is this guy that builds our dreams,

Yet hides away from us

Who wants to live with Bono,

Who wants to live with Bono?

There's no chance for us,

It's all decided for us,

This man has only one sweet moment set aside for us

Who dares to love this Bono,

Who dare who dare,

When his love is Ali?

So touch my tears with your lips,

Touch my world with your fingertips,

So we can have you Bono,

So we can have you Bono,

Bono is our today,

Bono is our today,

Who waits for Bono anyway?

Wow, beautiful song Sung. Yes, thats the true Prince. His name is Bono in these days of ours. But, what a man. He is the man dreams are made of.  This song lyrics is exactly how it feels. Its good to remember the daisies Prince. Afterall, God must have his reasons to put us in your path and cry day and night for you to come and be one with us more completely.

It is hard to understand people like us, we live now, but the future is no secret to us. Prespeaking Bono's speaches is one of my specialty. I love connecting to Bono, he gives me clean pure energy, not currupted energy, his heart beats and his energy is AAA. I know, I got some and stayed hungry as I feel now. He is not your regular artist or man for that matter. I shall completely decifer my Prince when I meet him, that joy shall be mine. I think Ali, being a modern woman but also highly spiritual and awakened, will understand that these daisies didn't choose Bono, God chose Bono for the daisies who are like flowers being collected to walk up, or follow Bono up to the light, as he walks in this world, capturing his dreams, so do we follow him into the light and he ascends higher and higher to where God is taking him.

We are not just there to harrass the Prince and call him, we are here for him and he is here for the world and us. See like now, this daisy, struggles, being here and there at the same time, few people understand people like us, but for Bono, is a piece of cake, he touches us inside where it counts most. We are essentially flowers for Bono, a sign of beauty and love which are his by right and earned too. Just look at how he captivates people and brings them to a higher level, awakening. That is a man with God's grace. He extends the lifeforce of the weaklings like me for example, I am weak because of the havoc certain person brought into my life and that of the children. Well, this daisy is safe with Bono on her mind. I am in a state of dreams. He is keeping this daisy dreaming, day and night, you can always count on Bono, he is always very close, never too far away. Realm always finds the Prince.Sung chose the perfect song. Is like a tribute to a Prince of Ireland in the 21st century amongst us today. I have no doubt I have found my Prince too Sung. He is very handsome, has good ethics, is a genius and gifted, even has a dimple too, a very beautiful one I should say. He is just like a flower to me. All beauty inside and out.  Freddie Mercury, may he rest in peace, what a striking voice he has.

Reamawake

Wow, beautiful song Sung. Yes, thats the true Prince. His name is Bono in these days of ours. But, what a man. He is the man dreams are made of.  This song lyrics is exactly how it feels. Its good to remember the daisies Prince. Afterall, God must have his reasons to put us in your path and cry day and night for you to come and be one with us more completely.

It is hard to understand people like us, we live now, but the future is no secret to us. Prespeaking Bono's speaches is one of my specialty. I love connecting to Bono, he gives me clean pure energy, not currupted energy, his heart beats and his energy is AAA. I know, I got some and stayed hungry as I feel now. He is not your regular artist or man for that matter. I shall completely decifer my Prince when I meet him, that joy shall be mine. I think Ali, being a modern woman but also highly spiritual and awakened, will understand that these daisies didn't choose Bono, God chose Bono for the daisies who are like flowers being collected to walk up, or follow Bono up to the light, as he walks in this world, capturing his dreams, so do we follow him into the light and he ascends higher and higher to where God is taking him.

We are not just there to harrass the Prince and call him, we are here for him and he is here for the world and us. See like now, this daisy, struggles, being here and there at the same time, few people understand people like us, but for Bono, is a piece of cake, he touches us inside where it counts most. We are essentially flowers for Bono, a sign of beauty and love which are his by right and earned too. Just look at how he captivates people and brings them to a higher level, awakening. That is a man with God's grace. He extends the lifeforce of the weaklings like me for example, I am weak because of the havoc certain person brought into my life and that of the children. Well, this daisy is safe with Bono on her mind. I am in a state of dreams. He is keeping this daisy dreaming, day and night, you can always count on Bono, he is always very close, never too far away. Realm always finds the Prince.Sung chose the perfect song. Is like a tribute to a Prince of Ireland in the 21st century amongst us today. I have no doubt I have found my Prince too Sung. He is very handsome, has good ethics, is a genius and gifted, even has a dimple too, a very beautiful one I should say. He is just like a flower to me. All beauty inside and out.  Freddie Mercury, may he rest in peace, what a striking voice he has.

Reamawake

I think by the way you write, using biblical undertones, you write what you write for entertainment purposes.  I don't believe that your infatuation is as extreme as you like us to think.  But I'll entertain the notion, just for entertainment purposes, and will say the following to you:

Daisies are beautiful flowers that adorn meadows and fields in the summertime.  Children and romantics like to pull off the petals and utter the words, "He loves me, he loves me not" when thinking about the one they love.  You seem to put Bono on the same pedestal that gods have been placed in times past.  I guess he is a living god to you.  I'm not sure if you are a religious person, but if you are, you should know what idolaters are - they are not looked upon favorably in scripture.  Admiration is one thing, idolizing is another. The petals on your daisies do not represent innocent love.  Instead, the petals are corrupted with infatuation.  They drop to the ground and wither and disappear to nothing when the wind comes and strikes out at the corrupt and leaves behind only the incorruptible spirit of true love.  Infatuation dies quickly when he whom they idolize doesn't provide them the courtesy they feel is due, something which they've dreamed off continually for days, months or years previously. Their love withers away and is cast into the wind. Amen.

Zhivvy']Whatis with this thread tonight? never known it to just not move - have you all been lifted up by the twilight Zone? Or maybe Bc and Naz have ran away together and have built a house full of questions....

I was in college so I wasn't here.  I'm not sure where Naz is.  She's the one who truly keeps this thread moving.  Maybe she's gone away "to dream it all up again" - the questions that is!  wink.gif

maybe she has ran out of questions indifferent.gif

Or gone to question rehab! lol!

[quote name=bandcompletely]Sung to Queen's "Who Wants To Live Forever".� It's for the Daisies:

There's no song for us,

There's no hope for us,

Who is this guy that builds our dreams,

Yet hides away from us

Who wants to live with Bono?

There's no chance for us,

It's all decided for us,

This man has only one sweet moment set aside for us

Who dares to love this Bono,

Who dare who dare,

When his love is Ali?

So touch my tears with your lips,

Touch my world with your fingertips,

So we can have you Bono,

So we can have you Bono,

Bono is our today,

Bono is our today,

Who waits for Bono anyway?

Me - I want to live with Bono! laugh.gif 

In my fantasy world etc... to be honest I just hope that my marriage will have the longevity of his and Ali's - I'm sure it will. In a world full of cynicism when it comes to love it is beautiful to see people so in love wether it is Bono and Ali or an unknown couple in your town.

Although I do hope that one day I could meet him, then i would be happy happy.gif