Sign in to follow this  
bandcompletely

Current Discussion: If No Butts

Hi everyone, how are you doing today ?

See you are talking about Bono's arse.....again.....adictive yaww ???

Hi everyone, how are you doing today ?

But is a great one - is it not? It can be talked about for hours and hours and then we can talk about his crotch too! devil.gif

ORIGINAL-LARGE.jpg

Hey, us married women have our list of whom we are allowed - 5 men on the list - 1-5 Bono!!!! (just once wouldn't be enough) therefore not doing anything wrong, and he shouldn't have such a good arse!
well, last july we wnet to the concert in Amsterdam, had seats at the back of the stage (*read as in : "great view on Bono's arse !")  Well, would go for those seats again ... such a fine view !!!

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

nazhira']Hi everyone, how are you doing today ?

But is a great one - is it not? It can be talked about for hours and hours and then we can talk about his crotch too! devil.gif

ORIGINAL-LARGE.jpg

how can it not be addictive ????

[quote name='jojes wrote:

Zhivvy']Hey, us married women have our list of whom we are allowed - 5 men on the list - 1-5 Bono!!!! (just once wouldn't be enough) therefore not doing anything wrong, and he shouldn't have such a good arse!

well, last july we wnet to the concert in Amsterdam, had seats at the back of the stage (*read as in : "great view on Bono's arse !")  Well, would go for those seats again ... such a fine view !!!

i'm having those seats in brussels, this year, jessika!! my love and my ex-colleague and her husband are coming...so i have to behave myself...will be just 'inner-smiles' ...

Just the look of it makes me grin and start making little biting movements - just one little bite Bono - please!!!!

too tired to look through thread.only had 4 hours sleep in 24 hours...and a wee 40 minute nap .off to bed.catch yeeze efter......smile.gif

goodnight badgirl - hope you get some sleep xx

In 14 billion light years

I'll reach the edge of the universe

14 billion light years

To see a young child wave to me

It'll just take 14 billion light years

For me to comprehend the truth

14 billion light years

When I'm reaching for the stars

So with 14 billion light years

Where's the transport to take me there?

14 billion light years

I'm forgotten before I leave

And now I've 14 billion light years

I want to give back to thee...

Like it, is that one of yours?

Where the sun went down tonight, the moon arose in radiant colours of gold and amber.

It was large and beautiful, rising gracefully, casting a glow across the darkened fields.

Black, ghostly clouds crossed it like daggers and yet others withered away like smoke.

Deep red lay the night sky behind her, of a day gone, desperately trying to be remembered.

But the day died so the night could live; leaving nothing but a new moon to be cared for by the stars.

Like it, is that one of yours?
Yep, it's mine.  Thought it up in just 5 minutes.  I just need a thought... and I'm off. ;-)

I'm in a poetic and descriptive mood tonight.

Give me a thought and I'll create something for you...

I think you need to come to my classes and show my kids how to write

You know what they say about the Irish: a country made up of saints and scholars. I'm not saint, so I must be the latter! lol

Each year at work, our company has an initiative to encourage kids to study hard so that they can become the next best things. Volunteers from work spend 2 hours one day a week for 8 weeks showing kids how study and learning are fun and worthwhile. 1 volunteer for each class of students. i wanted to do it this year but I missed the boat. I'll definitely do it next year.

Sounds good, we do that with some year nine kids. the ones you are about 10 points away from their target levels. We have 2 hours a week with them and do study skills etc... all on one to one really helps them.

In my old place we used to do most lessons one to one - it was great. It was a centre for excluded kids so we did an alternative curriculum and didn't really have to follow the syllabus. So we could plan lessons but they would go off on tangents etc... not much academic stuff going on but we really helped the kids to have some repsect for teachers and adults and helped them to trust again

Sounds good, we do that with some year nine kids. the ones you are about 10 points away from their target levels. We have 2 hours a week with them and do study skills etc... all on one to one really helps them.

What do you mean by 10 points away from their target levels?

In my old place we used to do most lessons one to one - it was great. It was a centre for excluded kids so we did an alternative curriculum and didn't really have to follow the syllabus. So we could plan lessons but they would go off on tangents etc... not much academic stuff going on but we really helped the kids to have some repsect for teachers and adults and helped them to trust again

I think going off on tangents can be very helpful.  It allows one to relate what they learn to what they already comprehend.  That's invaluable.  As a kid, I used to read a lot of religious stuff.  The only way I could understand it was create analogies to help myself and others understand the complicated with that which we related to.  I still do it all the time in a work environment.  I need to.  I work on complicated stuff that a lot of people don't know or want to know.

okay, i see its save again, i'll come back in! serious conversation goin on.. adn that disgusting title is changed again..

in something quite romantic, i must say!

wake up calls can sometimes be repulsive...eyes.gif but its a good thing you're around to keep us girlz with feet to the ground..

wake up calls can sometimes be repulsive...eyes.gif but its a good thing you're around to keep us girlz with feet to the ground..
True.  They can be, I suppose.  I'm not sure if I'm the best person in the world to keep you on the ground.. I can hardly keep myself on the ground... I'm usually on cloud 12, trying desperately to get down to a respectable cloud 9!

[quote name='bandcompletely wrote:

Zhivvy']Sounds good, we do that with some year nine kids. the ones you are about 10 points away from their target levels. We have 2 hours a week with them and do study skills etc... all on one to one really helps them.

What do you mean by 10 points away from their target levels?

The kids are all set target levels to meet at the end of each key stage. So when they leave primary school at 11 they have their key stage two tests and are leveled in the core subjects - English, maths and science. They should come in on about a level 4 to be average. Each level is a,b and c - A-top of the level. Through years seven eight and nine they should prgress upwards through the levels as they learn more. And at the end of year nine (end of key stage three) they should have reached their target level. Each step in the level is worth 2 points. So if their target level is a 6B and they are currently working at a 5C they are 6 points away from their level. Hope that makes sense. Not completely in agreement with this as we assess the kids too much in my opinion.

I think going off on tangents can be very helpful.  It allows one to relate what they learn to what they already comprehend.  That's invaluable.  As a kid, I used to read a lot of religious stuff.  The only way I could understand it was create analogies to help myself and others understand the complicated with that which we related to.  I still do it all the time in a work environment.  I need to.  I work on complicated stuff that a lot of people don't know or want to know.

With these kids schools had failed them and they had failed school for whatever reason. So sitting in a formal situation in a class is pointless - they need to learn in different ways. For example in English we had to study The Tempest so we mixed it with art and created Prospero's island in clay and papier machee. Then we made models of the characters and made a series of still photos to plot the play - the kids loved it and really learned a lot. We had so much fun there. When I had to leave as contracted ended and the unit shut i cried for days - never loved teaching so much. I'm looking for similar kind of work but there aren't many units like that

[quote name='bandcompletely wrote:

barbara1']wake up calls can sometimes be repulsive...
eyes.gif
 but its a good thing you're around to keep us girlz with feet to the ground..

True.  They can be, I suppose.  I'm not sure if I'm the best person in the world to keep you on the ground.. I can hardly keep myself on the ground... I'm usually on cloud 12, trying desperately to get down to a respectable cloud 9!

I know we may of got carried away but i like that arse on Bono!!! but won't go back down that line again

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

bandcompletely wrote:

eyes.gif

I know we may of got carried away but i like that arse on Bono!!! but won't go back down that line again

but i'll bet you will..again...in a day or two-three...tops...

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

bandcompletely wrote:

eyes.gif

but i'll bet you will..again...in a day or two-three...tops...

I've learned my lesson - i'll keep my bono-bum-biting fantasies down in the bono thread!!!