Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

theletdown

My new U2 tattoo

Here's mine... in it's unfinished state:

DSC_4956.jpg

and if you are wondering why the "E" is backwards, it represents my backwards middle child. She is a "Jan" of sorts.

I´ve tattooed all U2 album covers and autographes onto my both arms, and more to come...

bex Red Devil 4 Eva wrote:

I am loving all these tattoos!!

Agt01 that half sleeve is incredible!

x

Thanks, but the pain hasn't finished yet, I still need the innerside of my forearm done. 5 hrs I think. So much coming up this year It'son a slight delay.

bex Red Devil 4 Eva wrote:

Here it is, very happy with the results!

We edited the lyrics abit just so it would fit more with my arm and balance out,for example the second line became a nobody instead of no one and there is an and take out of the last line, love it!

It is on my inner right forearm middle/back.

What do you guys think?
:D

Love it......

Cant figure out how to put mine here, but its my default pic....

well. after much contemplation....i had the Joshua Tree done on my back....i was worried that it wouldn't come out right...but wow didi it ever....i'lltake a picture and post it.....well here we come Dublin !!! and those are great lyrics by the way......love that song....

Hiya.

I am pretty new (obvious by my post count...) and while I DID finally sign up so I could get a presale code, I am really excited about getting to know somefolks on here!

I had to hit this thread first because, well, I have been told by many many people that I have the most ridiculous U2 tattoo ever. And I actually have two (Ineed to get a pic of the ones on my wrists eventually...) but this was my statement of eternal devotion:

joshua_1_397039a.jpg

l_e56b03d5e7ff24558ae71d25b628fdc3.jpg

Yes, the text DOES say "My <3 belongs to 4 Irishmen..." (Yes, I know that its two Irishmen, a Brit and a Welshman as well, but it works for thelayperson, I suppose...) Larry's face is a little skewed because of how I had to hold my arm for the photo and you can't see the detail in Adam'sface like you can IRL... you can even see his glasses in the tattoo! And I can't tell you how many time in line at 7-11 someone has asked me "Who dat?Dat yo' family...?"

Uh, yeah, they are my uncles, which is why I am here, in line, at 7-11, buying a Big Gulp and a pack of gum and not at some villa in France eating peeledgrapes... sheesh.

Anyway, pleased to make your acquaintance and such... so where should I start with all of the site content? I feel a bit overwhelmed at this point, ha.

Ouch!! That had to hurt - but what beautiful artwork. No turning back now - haha - like who would want to. I got my first tattoo in Boston 4 years ago, and itsa wee claddagh on the back of my right leg, above the ankle, but straight on the back. Didn't take too long and the most painful part was not the inking,it was the dry shave razor on my leg, anyway. I would suggest just hopping around the different blogs. The best posts come from Soul-Patch. Look him up andread his stuff. It's always U2 informative and not the whining junk. Well welcome and have fun!! Did you get tickets to any show yet? Cheers - Claudine

It wasn't that bad and I'd already gotten about 40 hours of work done before getting that tattoo, including my chest, so a shoulder cap wasn't thatbig of a thing... they are addicting though, hence the 40 hours. Are you from Boston? I have a lot of family up there and I saw U2 in Boston in Dec 05 whichwas, believe it or not, my first and only U2 show so far, though I have been a fan since I was really little... I like a lot of bands, but they are the onlyband that I LOVE.

This time around I got 4 tickets to Charlottesville - two GAs and two seats. I told my friends that if the GAs scan into the elipse, MOMMA'S GOIN' andthey can have the seats, tongue.gif... I am really hoping that they do an arenatour next year, so I can bring my son to see them, for his first show ever.

I will be happy to see them once, but you can bet yer arse that I will be trying for as many GAs in the general onsales as I can for any shows within a 4 hourdrive!!!

BlackberryBelle wrote:

Hiya.

I am pretty new (obvious by my post count...) and while I DID finally sign up so I could get a presale code, I am really excited about getting to know some folks on here!

I had to hit this thread first because, well, I have been told by many many people that I have the most ridiculous U2 tattoo ever. And I actually have two (I need to get a pic of the ones on my wrists eventually...) but this was my statement of eternal devotion:

joshua_1_397039a.jpg

Yes, the text DOES say "My <3 belongs to 4 Irishmen..." (Yes, I know that its two Irishmen, a Brit and a Welshman as well, but it works for the layperson, I suppose...) Larry's face is a little skewed because of how I had to hold my arm for the photo and you can't see the detail in Adam's face like you can IRL... you can even see his glasses in the tattoo! And I can't tell you how many time in line at 7-11 someone has asked me "Who dat? Dat yo' family...?"

Uh, yeah, they are my uncles, which is why I am here, in line, at 7-11, buying a Big Gulp and a pack of gum and not at some villa in France eating peeled grapes... sheesh.

Anyway, pleased to make your acquaintance and such... so where should I start with all of the site content? I feel a bit overwhelmed at this point, ha.

Incredible

BlackberryBelle wrote:

Hiya.

I am pretty new (obvious by my post count...) and while I DID finally sign up so I could get a presale code, I am really excited about getting to know some folks on here!

I had to hit this thread first because, well, I have been told by many many people that I have the most ridiculous U2 tattoo ever. And I actually have two (I need to get a pic of the ones on my wrists eventually...) but this was my statement of eternal devotion:

joshua_1_397039a.jpg

Yes, the text DOES say "My <3 belongs to 4 Irishmen..." (Yes, I know that its two Irishmen, a Brit and a Welshman as well, but it works for the layperson, I suppose...) Larry's face is a little skewed because of how I had to hold my arm for the photo and you can't see the detail in Adam's face like you can IRL... you can even see his glasses in the tattoo! And I can't tell you how many time in line at 7-11 someone has asked me "Who dat? Dat yo' family...?"

Uh, yeah, they are my uncles, which is why I am here, in line, at 7-11, buying a Big Gulp and a pack of gum and not at some villa in France eating peeled grapes... sheesh.

That is one amazing sleeve! I really hope mine turns out half as good as yours. Truely a work of art.

BlackberryBelle wrote:

Hiya.

joshua_1_397039a.jpg

love the artwork, looks really good. uncles!!! lollaugh.gif

Fab tattoo love it !!! i have original of the spieces written on my lower back same colour and writing as yours .......x

That's really cool! Funny though that recently I began talking about getting one on my foot of lyrics from a U2 song - but I still haven't found whati'm looking for!

It's a tough decision, something I have to live with forever. What made you decide which lyrics to use?

BlackberryBelle wrote:

Hiya.

joshua_1_397039a.jpg

LOVE it!!!