Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

theletdown

My new U2 tattoo

That is sick! Nice one...Funny story too, made me laugh while I am bored as all get out at my desk at work. Which date are you going too? I am pretty new tothis whole forum thing, not real good at facebook either, but I like to look at photos, the blogs, tour info, and keeping up on the news. There are lots ofsweet people out here. I am so looking forward to chicago in Sept!! Cheers!!

sectionbgirl92 wrote:

BlackberryBelle wrote:

Hiya.

I am pretty new (obvious by my post count...) and while I DID finally sign up so I could get a presale code, I am really excited about getting to know some folks on here!

I had to hit this thread first because, well, I have been told by many many people that I have the most ridiculous U2 tattoo ever. And I actually have two (I need to get a pic of the ones on my wrists eventually...) but this was my statement of eternal devotion:

joshua_1_397039a.jpg

l_e56b03d5e7ff24558ae71d25b628fdc3.jpg

Yes, the text DOES say "My <3 belongs to 4 Irishmen..." (Yes, I know that its two Irishmen, a Brit and a Welshman as well, but it works for the layperson, I suppose...) Larry's face is a little skewed because of how I had to hold my arm for the photo and you can't see the detail in Adam's face like you can IRL... you can even see his glasses in the tattoo! And I can't tell you how many time in line at 7-11 someone has asked me "Who dat? Dat yo' family...?"

Uh, yeah, they are my uncles, which is why I am here, in line, at 7-11, buying a Big Gulp and a pack of gum and not at some villa in France eating peeled grapes... sheesh.

Anyway, pleased to make your acquaintance and such... so where should I start with all of the site content? I feel a bit overwhelmed at this point, ha.

LOVE it!!!

Your Tattoo is perfect!!

See if you like my tattoos...

Under a blood.. and Best of 2000...

p4050221.jpg

HTDAAB

pb110056bd7.jpg

POP

p5310200.jpg

Joshua tree

p1210164.jpg

A. Baby Trabant

p5310194.jpg

Zooropa

p4070238.jpg

I Loved your tattoo. I'm think of doing one too, but I have no idea of what to do. Maybe I'll use a excerpt from my favorite u2 song...

Holy Shit there's some nice tats here.!

Not very nice!

Sorry if you dont like what I say but I think a woman should be feminine and tattoos are not, no matter what they depict!

Infin8tum wrote:

Not very nice!

Sorry if you dont like what I say but I think a woman should be feminine and tattoos are not, no matter what they depict!

She looks pretty feminine to me. If you don't like tatts fair enough. But to say tatts aren't femine is a bit of a stretch. What'syour view on lipstick, eyeliner, makeup, hair colour, nail gloss, ear rings, nose rings etc. Just interested?

Is that tattoos are not feminine.

I am a man and I have a couple of tattoo's.

Make up obviously is feminine when used correctly.

I think tattoo's on women are just wrong.

Even on women who dress and look like men!

Im not keen on tribal marks on women either, they just dont carry it off very well.

Some things are masculine and some things are feminine. Like women body builders, they look stupid.

Infin8tum wrote:

Not very nice!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But, FFS, it is the 21st Century, a woman can do what she wants. A tattoo can or cannot be good, but just because itis, or isn't on a woman, should not matter.

FWIW, some tattoos on here i liked, some i didn't. I know a few women (who are very feminime it that makes any difference) who have U2 tattoos. They areonly small(ish), and i think they look quite good. One is every very good! (she knows who she is - Lovetown)

I don't have any tattoos, but that is another story....

Infin8tum wrote:

Is that tattoos are not feminine.

I am a man and I have a couple of tattoo's.

Make up obviously is feminine when used correctly.

I think tattoo's on women are just wrong.

Even on women who dress and look like men!

Im not keen on tribal marks on women either, they just dont carry it off very well.

Some things are masculine and some things are feminine. Like women body builders, they look stupid.

If you don't like tattoos on women, don't look at them.

Tattoos, makeup, jewelry, hairstyles, clothing... any 'norms' are merely cultural, and there actually are. no. rules. Isn't that great!? We havethe freedom to be and express ourselves however we like.

The world is a very big place.. free your mind.

seen my tattoo,the under a blood red sky.want to get another one.any ideas.the great man himself(bono)saw it and said awesome man at wembley popmart.me and thewife waited outside and met bono,edge and larry.great memories

first ever concert i was able to get tickets for, so i put on this tattoo to remember

u2tattoo.jpg

No tattoos here, but spooky seeing this thread rise back up the boards as we met up with Bex today and had a random day in Chester...

Hiya.

I am pretty new (obvious by my post count...) and while I DID finally sign up so I could get a presale code, I am really excited about getting to know some folks on here!

I had to hit this thread first because, well, I have been told by many many people that I have the most ridiculous U2 tattoo ever. And I actually have two (I need to get a pic of the ones on my wrists eventually...) but this was my statement of eternal devotion:

joshua_1_397039a.jpg

Yes, the text DOES say "My <3 belongs to 4 Irishmen..." (Yes, I know that its two Irishmen, a Brit and a Welshman as well, but it works for the layperson, I suppose...) Larry's face is a little skewed because of how I had to hold my arm for the photo and you can't see the detail in Adam's face like you can IRL... you can even see his glasses in the tattoo! And I can't tell you how many time in line at 7-11 someone has asked me "Who dat? Dat yo' family...?"

Uh, yeah, they are my uncles, which is why I am here, in line, at 7-11, buying a Big Gulp and a pack of gum and not at some villa in France eating peeled grapes... sheesh.

Anyway, pleased to make your acquaintance and such... so where should I start with all of the site content? I feel a bit overwhelmed at this point, ha.

This is so cool! I love the detailing and of course the saying!

Everyones tats are really great! I want to get one someday. I

ve designed a few but have never had the never to get them. I'd really like to get tribal angel wings on my shoulder blades and a sacred heart somewhere.

Very cool..........even more cool is the fact that I have been listen to U2 for 20+ years and you are 19 and like U2!! Love that they cross generations.

I've just had "Midnight is where the day begins" tattoed on the back of my right shoulder

I've just had "Midnight is where the day begins" tattoed on the back of my right shoulder

I feel violated!!  LOL

[quote name='DesiresFire27 wrote:

BlackberryBelle']Hiya.

joshua_1_397039a.jpg

This is so cool! I love the detailing and of course the saying!

Everyones tats are really great! I want to get one someday. I

ve designed a few but have never had the never to get them. I'd really like to get tribal angel wings on my shoulder blades and a sacred heart somewhere.why does edge look about 60 years old?

Not very nice!

Fortunately, most women don't give a shit what you like. Funny how that works, huh?