Sign in to follow this  
jojes

The countdown-thread

[quote name='Janette B wrote:

collectoraholic wrote:

Anjana']Wow you guys not long to go now, so excited for you, it's gonna be just h'amazing
happy.gif

Nope, not too long now and I'm starting to go crazy!
roll.gif
  Just sitting here counting down the days is driving me bonkers!
laugh.gif

I'm starting to have the "going to the concert" dreamslaugh.gif

Do tell, Janette! wink.gifembarassed.gif

[quote name='collectoraholic wrote:

Anjana']Wow you guys not long to go now, so excited for you, it's gonna be just h'amazing
happy.gif

Nope, not too long now and I'm starting to go crazy! roll.gif  Just sitting here counting down the days is driving me bonkers! laugh.gif

I can imagine! I'm not even going and I'm getting that zingly feeling with the anticipation of it, really excited for everyone who's going and can't wait to read everyone's posts about it. Thing is you can't wait for the day to come but then you don't want it to end either! Are you going to any other gigs?

[quote name='Anjana wrote:

collectoraholic wrote:

happy.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif

I can imagine! I'm not even going and I'm getting that zingly feeling with the anticipation of it, really excited for everyone who's going and can't wait to read everyone's posts about it. Thing is you can't wait for the day to come but then you don't want it to end either! Are you going to any other gigs?

Awww, very sweet for you to be excited for all of us that are going. smile.gif

I'm seeing Anaheim 1 & 2, Minneapolis and Montreal 2. banana.gif  I don't know what I'll do once Montreal 2 has come and gone. frown.gif

Janette B wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

collectoraholic wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

collectoraholic']

Hee hee!  Me too Zhiv; provided I don't faint.  & I'd love for him to hand over his shades to me.  He's got plenty, so share the wealth, right?
wink.gif

That makes me laugh. I was chatting with my daughter the other day. She has no idea that we are going seeing them. And she was talking about shows and concerts. And I asked her who she would like to see - Michael Buble she said (she has a huge crush on him) so jokingly I asked her if she would like to see U2 in concert. Her answer was that it would be really cool but only if we could be at the front and Bono would get her on stage and let her wear his glasses!! Would love it if that happened!

Now that would be WICKED COOL if he were to pull her up and dance with her and then give her his glasses!  But boy howdy, would Mama be jealous?!
wink.gif

Oh it would be one jealous Mama - but a very happy one too!! And anyone who knows my daughter will know that she would tell him that I think he is hot and that he is the real father of my daughter!! - She's a good girl she'd get me a kiss too!!
So, I see that you've properly trained her!!! Think of the scandal you could create in the papers the next day . . . Bono is father of blonde English girl . . . kisses mother on stage 
roll.gif

Oh, I can just read the headlines now! laugh.gifroll.giflaugh.gifroll.giflaugh.gif

I'm grinning at the thought of all that! Especially the kissing bit!! Going to be so disppointed if it doesn't happen (not the headlines part just the rest of it!)

Janette B wrote:

collectoraholic wrote:

happy.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif

I'm starting to have the "going to the concert" dreams
laugh.gif

Do tell, Janette! wink.gifembarassed.gif

Not that exciting, LOL! Last night Bono was sending drinks to everyone, but the night before, it was an awful dream. I dreamt that we couldn't find the stadium and that we went too late after the show was over!!!

[quote name='Janette B wrote:

collectoraholic wrote:

Janette B wrote:

collectoraholic wrote:

happy.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif

I'm starting to have the "going to the concert" dreams
laugh.gif

Do tell, Janette!
wink.gifembarassed.gif

Not that exciting, LOL! Last night Bono was sending drinks to everyone, but the night before, it was an awful dream. I dreamt that we couldn't find the stadium and that we went too late after the show was over!!!

That's not a dream that is a nightmare!

Yes, that part was a nightmare!!! I used to have a similar dream in college when we had to go at different times to take exams. Not sure why I dreamt this, we have never been late to a show . . . unless you count the first night of Vertigo in Las Vegas when I ended up in the emergency room and missed the concert :((((( That was a living nightmare!!!

Yes, that part was a nightmare!!! I used to have a similar dream in college when we had to go at different times to take exams. Not sure why I dreamt this, we have never been late to a show . . . unless you count the first night of Vertigo in Las Vegas when I ended up in the emergency room and missed the concert :((((( That was a living nightmare!!!
That is hell!!! It must have been the veritgo tour curse. I ended up with Tuesday tickets instead of Wednesday. We had to drive from Birmingham to Manchester in rush hour traffic - and got there about 6:30 - and only had GA tickets. We were expecting to be right at the back. We managed to get pretty close to the front which were happy about. And then people began to move and we were in the right place at the right time - 200 more were allowed into the inner stage and we were there! So lucky!!!

Yes, very lucky!!!!! I was soooooo mad. When we left for the airport, I felt a little quesy, but just though it was pre-flight nerves. Next morning, I woke up and searched for coffee. I was just about to order, when I bolted back to the room and spent the entire day throwing up. My husband took me to the emergency room and they hooked me up to an IV to get some fluids back into me. Of course, then I was perfectly fine, but the concert was ending. Sooooo glad to have had tickets to the second night and it was an awesome show!!!

Yes, very lucky!!!!! I was soooooo mad. When we left for the airport, I felt a little quesy, but just though it was pre-flight nerves. Next morning, I woke up and searched for coffee. I was just about to order, when I bolted back to the room and spent the entire day throwing up. My husband took me to the emergency room and they hooked me up to an IV to get some fluids back into me. Of course, then I was perfectly fine, but the concert was ending. Sooooo glad to have had tickets to the second night and it was an awesome show!!!
Glad to hear that you made one show! I would have needed so much fluid in the hospital to replace the water from the tears!

Honestly, I just was so relieved to feel better I didn't cry about the concert. I hung my head a lot and was very quietly angry though. My husband's stupid jokes about too much drinking were really, really irritating too!!! He still thinks it's funny and I still get mad at him for it!!!

Honestly, I just was so relieved to feel better I didn't cry about the concert. I hung my head a lot and was very quietly angry though. My husband's stupid jokes about too much drinking were really, really irritating too!!! He still thinks it's funny and I still get mad at him for it!!!
Why do men always remember the none funny things? Yet never remember the really funny stuff!

He doesn't remember me feeling bad before the flight . . . . granted, I did drink too much and I'm sure it didn't help, but was definitely flu, not a hangover problem . . . . he just has a stupid sense of humor!!!

He doesn't remember me feeling bad before the flight . . . . granted, I did drink too much and I'm sure it didn't help, but was definitely flu, not a hangover problem . . . . he just has a stupid sense of humor!!!
There's a big difference between flu and a hangover and I know that it would have been flu - no sane person when risk a hangover the morning of a U2 show!

He just thinks it's funny . . . . whatever! He hasn't made the joke for a long time, but now with another show on the horizon (no, no line), I'll bet it rears it's ugly head!!!

He just thinks it's funny . . . . whatever! He hasn't made the joke for a long time, but now with another show on the horizon (no, no line), I'll bet it rears it's ugly head!!!
If he is a typical man, the joke will return!

Sounds about right!!!! I shall make him pay for it!!!

So if anyone is reading this and you meet us at the Anheim 1 show, don't laugh!!!

So if anyone is reading this and you meet us at the Anheim 1 show, don't laugh!!!

I'll do my best to give him my stern librarian look. laugh.gif

Salt Lake City gig : 1
days (Jbarnych) = Two weeks you will the there!!!!!!

Anaheim 1 gig : 17 days (Jbarnych, Janette B, Collectoraholic) = another one in the 20s!!!!

Anaheim 2 gig : 18 days (Collectoraholic)

Denver gig : 23 days (KatiemL)

Zhivvy's Bday : 24 days = another one less than 100, but not as excited lol!!! 

Seattle gig: 32 days (MichielovesU2)

Minneapolis gig: 33 days(Collectoraholic)

Barbara's 18th wedding anniversary : 45 days

Chicago gig : 47 days (KatiemL)

Philadelphia gig : 53 days (KatiemL)
Montreal 1 gig: 57 days (Michieloves U2)

Montreal 2 gig: 58 days (Collectoraholic) ==> GOING UNDER 100 !!!

Race for life Stafford 5km run - 61 days
Zhivvy

Edge's birthday: 80 days

Kristaps arrives in Frankfurt: 81 days (and Zhivvy's daughter's birthday)

Frankfurt gig : 82 days (Zhivvy, Kristaps) (and Zhivvy's wedding anniversary!) Double figures!!!!!! YEAH!!!!

Hannover gig : 84 days (Zhivvy) = another under 100 - can't cope tooooooo excited!!!!

Kristaps arrives in Helsinki: 90 days

Helsinki 1: 89 days (Kristaps, Polly)

Helsinki 2:  91 days (Kristaps, Polly)

Leonard Cohen, Ghent (belgium): 91 days (barbara)

the Great Zhivvy, visiting belgium again! : 92 days

Vienna gig : 102 days (Zhivvy, ClaireT)

Zürich 1 gig : 114 days (Lumacy)

Paris gig : 121 days (Barbara1, Lumacy, Jojes)

Brussels 1 gig : 125 days (Barbara1, Lumacy, Jojes)

Brussels 2 gig : 126 days (Lumacy)

Katie's Orlando vacation : 128 days (KatiemL)

Kristaps flies to Milan - 136 days

Rome gig: 137 days

Kristaps flies home: 142 days

Zhivvy running the Cardiff half-marathon: 149 days

Katie's Halloween Vegas trip : 156 days (KatiemL)

Zhivvy
going to Dublin again: 158 days (maybe more luck this time round on finding some men!!!)
==> dropping under the 200 !!!

Larry's birthday: 160 days

Katie's birthday : 201 days (KatiemL)

Christmas : 219 days (just to scare us all for getting it all ready in time!)

Denver Indian Market : 246 days (KatiemL)

Territory Days : 365 days (KatiemL)

Katie's dream trip to Dublin : 471 days (KatiemL)

Ooh, look! It's 1, 2, 3...14 days until SLC!!!

Ooh, look! It's 1, 2, 3...14 days until SLC!!!laugh.gif

And the summer of fun is about to start!!!!!!!!!

Ooh, look! It's 1, 2, 3...14 days until SLC!!!laugh.gif

Ooooh, Zhiv has been to Bono's school of counting! wink.gif  LOVE IT! roll.gif

& Yes, let's get the summer of music and fun started! clap.gif WOOT! banana.gif

Zhivvy']
Ooh, look! It's 1, 2, 3...14 days until SLC!!!
laugh.gif

Ooooh, Zhiv has been to Bono's school of counting! wink.gif  LOVE IT! roll.gif

& Yes, let's get the summer of music and fun started! clap.gif WOOT! banana.gif

actually stole it from Jen - but I think that it is the Zootop way of counting lol!

quatorce days . . . excellent!!!

This time in 2 weeks - you'll be almost listening and dancing and singing and swooning and drooling.

And I'll be waiting to hear all about it!