Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Janette B

The Mick Jones Appreciation Thread

[quote name='mick james wrote:

jbarnych wrote:

mick james wrote:

jbarnych wrote:

mick james']

Now nearly 7 years later, we go to see the boys in NYC and come back with a surprise souveneer - due 20th June 2010.
laugh.gif

Congratulations Mick!!!
smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Thankyou very much mate!!1
roll.gif

I was saying to Tracy C,  we'll know if it's going to be a Zootop if it comes four days earliar on "16th of June, 9.05" if you know what I mean!  I guess the first important bit of being alive is to "Breath" after all!
laugh.gif

That's great!!
laugh.gif
I'm sure you'll turn the little one into a great fan! I did with mine. She has been known to frequently post U2 lyrics as her status, and she sings the songs in the shower.
roll.gif

I don't know my friend, it can go one of two ways.....  they'll either love U2 like your awesome little one, or they'll rebel against mum and da,  and hate them with a passion! laugh.gif

I'm going to play it safe and keep the U2 nerd-dom to a minimum, and just hope for the bestlaugh.gif

Mick...so true....and of course Mick already knows this but 2 of my 3 really like U2...but my daughter...well...ummmm...NO!  ...but I did get her to see u2 in Atlanta this past October and we did front rail...it was awesome.  She said at the end of the show..."they weren't as bad as I thought they would be" LOL!!!  Then, we just saw Muse last week and she says..."this was my first real concert"!!!  *slap*

tracy c. wrote:

mick james']
tongue.gif

R.E.M-mans-sexuality-revealed-5945092.jpg

Mick!!!! I have met u and trust me, u do not look like that!!!

And y'all will never know if I got lucky at the steps of Bono's penthouse in NY.....;-)

michael-stipe_l.jpg

I'm hoping Mary means this one, and not the blue-headed late era Stipe!laugh.gif

As for getting lucky Tracy, didn't I see a photo of one of the Zoo Foxes, cuddling up to the Silver Haired Fox????laugh.gif

Mick, should I post my pic with my silver haired buddy???

Okay u talked me into it!!!...here it is...Me and Adam this past September in New York...what a nice guy he is!

And please overlook the stupid grin on my face...and it was pouring down rain....I also met The Edge too..

MeAdam.jpg

[quote name='tracy c. wrote:

mick james wrote:

jbarnych wrote:

mick james wrote:

jbarnych wrote:

mick james']

Now nearly 7 years later, we go to see the boys in NYC and come back with a surprise souveneer - due 20th June 2010.
laugh.gif

Congratulations Mick!!!
smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Thankyou very much mate!!1
roll.gif

I was saying to Tracy C,  we'll know if it's going to be a Zootop if it comes four days earliar on "16th of June, 9.05" if you know what I mean!  I guess the first important bit of being alive is to "Breath" after all!
laugh.gif

That's great!!
laugh.gif
I'm sure you'll turn the little one into a great fan! I did with mine. She has been known to frequently post U2 lyrics as her status, and she sings the songs in the shower.
roll.gif

I don't know my friend, it can go one of two ways.....  they'll either love U2 like your awesome little one, or they'll rebel against mum and da,  and hate them with a passion!
laugh.gif

I'm going to play it safe and keep the U2 nerd-dom to a minimum, and just hope for the best
laugh.gif

Mick...so true....and of course Mick already knows this but 2 of my 3 really like U2...but my daughter...well...ummmm...NO!  ...but I did get her to see u2 in Atlanta this past October and we did front rail...it was awesome.  She said at the end of the show..."they weren't as bad as I thought they would be" LOL!!!  Then, we just saw Muse last week and she says..."this was my first real concert"!!!  *slap*

LOL!! My first real concert?????????????  laugh.gif  Tell her I just fell of my chair laughing!! She's one cool kid. Let her know that when my brothers took me too Zoo TV at age 14 it actually was considered pretty cool..... you know back in the olden days when the world was in black and whitelaugh.gif

And folks, Marianne is so cool that when Bono pointed her out, she actually yawned in his face!!!!  That's one of the coolest, funniest things I've ever heard!

Tracy, so nice to see you in the Zoo. I must run, but I hope to see you in here again.  It's time to reclaim this place, return from Facebook, and make the fun times like we used to.

Babs, Zhiv, and Janette have the ball rolling very nicely, so let's you, me, Mary, J Rod, keep it up huh?

Maybe well see Bash, Brian, Danny Boy, Suz, Peps and Ros return too?  And maybe the Aussies will come back upstairs from the basement -  G, Kings, Jets, Kat you guys hearing me????

(((((Tracy C))))))

[quote name='tracy c. wrote:

mick james wrote:

tracy c. wrote:

mick james']
tongue.gif

R.E.M-mans-sexuality-revealed-5945092.jpg

And y'all will never know if I got lucky at the steps of Bono's penthouse in NY.....;-)

michael-stipe_l.jpg

I'm hoping Mary means this one, and not the blue-headed late era Stipe!
laugh.gif

As for getting lucky Tracy, didn't I see a photo of one of the Zoo Foxes, cuddling up to the Silver Haired Fox????
laugh.gif

Mick, should I post my pic with my silver haired buddy???

Okay u talked me into it!!!...here it is...Me and Adam this past September in New York...what a nice guy he is!

And please overlook the stupid grin on my face...and it was pouring down rain....I also met The Edge too..

MeAdam.jpg

That's Hot!

You had a pretty great trip to New York huh? Me too.

We'll definately be back to your fine country one day - and definately to Atlanta for a visit! I've been practicing my "Y'alls" for a few years now!

As long as you keep Sydney on your travel aganda yeah?  And of course the rest of Oz - great, great country!

Wow, I really must run - haven't spent this long in the Zoo for a long while!!!!!!!!!

See you soon all you great people.

(can we change the name of the thread to the Fox appreciation thread though???laugh.gif)

Mick, u are about the only reason to get me back in the zoo! I don't know if I can get the old gang back as we have become facebook junkies and don't have to worry about being censored over there or any technical difficulties. But if u are here and this is the only way for me to chat with u...then I will visit the zoo.

I just read your post to Marianne before she heads off to bed...she got a kick out of it. But she can't imagine U2 ever being cool! (she says "hello" to you too and that she hopes u are doing well".)

The Hotel Koala will always a have a room for you and the family when y'all come....:-)...Auntie Tracy will need to spoil the little one :-)....

And when did u change your last name?????

And that other pic of Michael Stipe...Marianne said he looks like an "angry Mick"!!!

And girls, you'll be pleased to know we took Tracy over to Bono's doorstep in the Upper West Side to try her luck!

Tracy, I'm hoping to see you in the Zoo more often - time for the nice old folk, and the lovely new folk to team up an turn this place into something special again!  Tracy, Mary, Barb, Janette, Zhiv whatd'ya say??  I see Jaime popping in, and I'm sure some foxy ladies could woo Basher, Brain,  and the rest of the boys back here.....

Alright, proposal story huh?

Well when I was about 21 I got a great shock to find my lovely girlfriend Ellie was packing up and moving to the UK for a couple of years (this is actually very common for young Aussies - move to the UK or trek around the world for a couple of years. We live veeeery far away I guess).

Mind, this did not really factor into my plansfrown.giflaugh.gif

So with a lot of tears etc I watched her get on that plane, and got home and thought, now what??

About a month later, tickets for Elevation were going on sale (they weren't coming to Oz).

So I thought, I'll try and get tickets to London!  After watching 3 shows to Earls Court sell out instantly, I gave up on my 56k modem on the wrong side of the world.  It hit refresh once more for good measure, and a 4th show got added - and with amazing luck, I scored 2 GA tickets!!!

The following week Slane went on sale, and I scored 2 more.

Time to surprise my girl!

So next was to buy plane tics and get to the UK.so 6 months later there we were reunited (sorry about the shmaltz!).

On the morning of the London show, we heard Bono's dad had died, and thought the show would be called off..... but they went ahead with it.

With limited time together in London, we decided to forsake the early morning GA line-up and go see the royal deer in the park, and we ended up joining the queue at about 3pm. 

They handed out the wrist bands for the inside of the heart at about 4, and I'll never forget how they stopped about 3 people before us!! Nooooo!!!

So they let those 300 peeps in, and all of a sudden we found ourselves at the front of the next lot of people - in we rushed and scored the rail at the very tip of the heart! Woo hoo!

So the boys came on,  and rocked out with the house lights on for Elevation.  Beautiful Day next, and Bono made his way round the ramp, and we thought "he's coming right for us!"  Now here's the cool bit - he grabbed my hand, and pretty much jumped out on us. I had his hand, and El and I both had a knee!! And he sang the "see the world in green and blue part" while we held him there. He was crying too. Amazing.

It really stands out to me too - as eveyone knew Bono's dad had just passed, no-one was going too crazy - people were just patting him on the back gently, I was really something special.

Now some might call such a thing luck - I always thought that moment for us, was meant to be!

We flew to Dublin 2 days later for the first Slane show.  Now you all know about that one, and yes, it was awesome.

We were staying in Howth (a lovely sea-side town where the boys played some of their very first gigs) the next day. So off for a nice dinner a few pints of black.

As we strolled (stumbled rather) back up the hill to the hotel, we passed this beautiful church, and I thought " just do it Mick!'

So I dropped to my knee right then and there and popped the question!

So there you go, I went to the other side of the world to get my girl back, and it worked!

Now nearly 7 years later, we go to see the boys in NYC and come back with a surprise souveneer - due 20th June 2010.laugh.gif

Wow!!! That is so sweet and yes I have tears in my eyes!! What a lovely story and congratulations!!! that is fantastic news!happy.gif

And folks, Marianne is so cool that when Bono pointed her out, she actually yawned in his face!!!!  That's one of the coolest, funniest things I've ever heard!

Tracy, so nice to see you in the Zoo. I must run, but I hope to see you in here again.  It's time to reclaim this place, return from Facebook, and make the fun times like we used to.

Babs, Zhiv, and Janette have the ball rolling very nicely, so let's you, me, Mary, J Rod, keep it up huh?

Maybe well see Bash, Brian, Danny Boy, Suz, Peps and Ros return too?  And maybe the Aussies will come back upstairs from the basement -  G, Kings, Jets, Kat you guys hearing me????

(((((Tracy C))))))

let this thread bring the old and the new together!! We're having fun on this thread and would be nice to continue it!!!

and tracy - hope that was a huge slap you gave your daughter lol!! How dare she! My little one has her first show this summer - she'd better not say she preferefd Miley Cyrus!!! ARGHHH

Mick-The Zoo Poster Boy! Sending you out some Man Love mate.

Mick-The Zoo Poster Boy! Sending you out some Man Love mate.
Coming from Sydney, I'm all about the Man Love mate! Bloody hell George Michael won't seem to bloody leave now that he's here!  And he thanked Sydney 3 times at the Melbourne concert - that's way more impressive than Edge's paltry single "thankyou Sydney" at Vertigo Melbourne.

Sydney. The City Of Man Love.embarassed.giflaugh.gif

Dear everybody.

I love You.

Mick xx

ps can we please change the name of this thread? ;)

Dear everybody.

I love You.

Mick xx

ps can we please change the name of this thread? ;)

Apparently not - Bigwave has posted something that it's not allowed!!laugh.gif

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

mick james']Dear everybody.

I love You.

Mick xx

ps can we please change the name of this thread?
;)

Apparently not - Bigwave has posted something that it's not allowed!!laugh.gifFair enough.  But the bully said he was going to flush my head down the dunny after school.

Oh welltongue.gif

i'm off Zhiv, catch you soon my girl!

Sees ya later- off  into town myself in a mo.

And don't worry about that mean bully, I'llkeep him behind and give him detention and if that fails all your foxy chicks can beat him up and run him out of town! 

tracy c. wrote:

mick james']
tongue.gif

michael-stipe_l.jpg

I'm hoping Mary means this one, and not the blue-headed late era Stipe!laugh.gif

As for getting lucky Tracy, didn't I see a photo of one of the Zoo Foxes, cuddling up to the Silver Haired Fox????laugh.gif

thumbsup.gifthats it Mick!!!!!!!.you could almost be his 'Love Child'!thumbsup.gif..love your proposal story Mick!thumbsup.gif

Good Morning fellow Zootops and Mick "Jones" lovers....

Beautiful morning here in Atlanta, Georgia. I am making the best of it after 5 hours of sleep and having worked out 2 hours and 41 minutes yesterday on my elliptical.....I am officially doing my GA Line Training!!! I have to live up to my name now..."Front Row Whore"....a name that I wear proudly.

Zhivy, where are u from? I don't think we have officially "virtually met.

And hugs to my special buddy....(((((Mick))))

Good Morning fellow Zootops and Mick "Jones" lovers....

Beautiful morning here in Atlanta, Georgia. I am making the best of it after 5 hours of sleep and having worked out 2 hours and 41 minutes yesterday on my elliptical.....I am officially doing my GA Line Training!!! I have to live up to my name now..."Front Row Whore"....a name that I wear proudly.

Zhivy, where are u from? I don't think we have officially "virtually met.

And hugs to my special buddy....(((((Mick))))

Hi tracey, I'don't with we have officially meet either.

I'm in Stafford UK, orginally from a bit further up the motorway near to Manchester.

I've been to Georgia years ago - a lovely state, never got to Atlanta though!

Zhivvy....thank u for the introduction :-)...

I had the lovely opportunity to stop over in England after Dublin this past summer during my U2 Adventures.  I went to Liverpool, Chester and then off to London (oh, and I can't leave out my week in Scotland...woohoo which I adored!).

Georgia is a lovely state (I am originally from Tennessee but now consider myself a Georgia Peach :-)).  How did u come to Georgia and not come and visit Atlanta....??  Well, you must come back then.

Morning Mary to you...Mary loves Atlanta...don't ya, Mary?

My daughter had some fun with her pic.....shhhhh...don't let her know I am posting it....For you, Mick....

Sitting down at the Muse concert guarding our front rail spots :-)...

138.jpg

thumbsup.gifgood afternoon!........yep Tracy I did so love Atlanta!.so much to do in so little time!thumbsup.gifin the words of Arnie.'I WILL BE BACK'!thumbsup.gif......105 sleeps till I hit the US!thumbsup.gif..was so tired working all w/e and just kept thinking 'Mary ..its in a good cause..US and U2'!thumbsup.gif

Zhivvy....thank u for the introduction :-)...

I had the lovely opportunity to stop over in England after Dublin this past summer during my U2 Adventures.  I went to Liverpool, Chester and then off to London (oh, and I can't leave out my week in Scotland...woohoo which I adored!).

Georgia is a lovely state (I am originally from Tennessee but now consider myself a Georgia Peach :-)).  How did u come to Georgia and not come and visit Atlanta....??  Well, you must come back then.

Morning Mary to you...Mary loves Atlanta...don't ya, Mary?

If you were around Liverpool and Chester you weren't too far from my home town of Bolton. I love the North of England. And glad to hear that you adored scotland - it is beautiful.

I managed to miss Altlanta when i was in Georgia, as we were on the coast. I was with my parents, years ago, doing a huge road trip. We were in Florida for part of it and drove back up to New York along, through places such as Savannah and Charleston. I remember that they were so nice.

Janette B wrote:

mick james']Oh bloody hell!!!
laugh.gif

ummmmm ........ thankyou my foxy friends.......

*runs away blushing to hide behind the couch*
embarassed.gif

If my wife sees this I'll be sleeping in the back yard!

Unless of course you meant Mick Jones from The Clash........

now he's one handsome fella!

MickJonesWENN.jpg

roll.gif

OMG! What happened to him???? Tell your wife not to worry . . . we all live way too far away (except Mary who's apparently on her way to Aust. soon) and we are happily married and fixated on Bono
roll.gif

Wifey's a bit partial to the B Man herself.....

meandb-1.jpg?t=1268003234

mama mia, doesnt bono look hot in that pic, shame the girl is in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!roll.gif

i mean, doesnt the girl look hot in that pic! shame that idiot with those horrid red shades on is in it!

(top pic)

Zhivvy, Chester was lovely.  I went there with Liz (she is from the zoo too and on facebook).  Gibbo has suggested that we go there for a visit.  London was neat but too big for me and to busy but I am still glad that I went none the less.

oh and MJ is a wicked dancer! oh sorry i thought you were talking about JACKO!

MJ is a wicked zootopian who people should look up to!