Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mick james

The MacFoley Appreciation Thread

wink.gifat times i,m glad i,m not a parent,but other times i wished iwas.

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

basher1 wrote:

MacFoley']well i remember the times i got smacked across the face at school, never did me any harm!

made me shut up i tell ye that!

nor me i got a clout from me maths teacher for whistling save a prayer from duran duran......

thats whats wrong nowadays mac all the goody goodys out there banning the belt at school plus parents not disciplining thier kids the worlds going to hell in a handbag.

I hate it when parents ask what they can do to control their kids - my answer always is that they should have told them no when they were 3! and continue saying no and sticking to it. Too many kids get given everything and have no discipline so they can't cope with it when a teacher tells them that their behaviour is not acceptable 

Exactly.....

but then again some of the teachers at my kids scools are pretty hot i would just sit and stare all day if i was at school....lol

My teachers were all rather geeky - maybe that is a problem with going to a church school. But of course i am a hot foxy teacher myself now tongue.gif

My teachers were all rather geeky - maybe that is a problem with going to a church school. But of course i am a hot foxy teacher myself now tongue.gif

then i must say you probably never went to an American Catholic grade school with Sister Mary Whatshername. They ruled with an iron fist from a combination of ruler beatings to public humiliation to twisting ears and pulling hair when you were asleep..... gosh in so many ways i wish we could bring back that form of education....

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

basher1 wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

basher1 wrote:

MacFoley']well i remember the times i got smacked across the face at school, never did me any harm!

nor me i got a clout from me maths teacher for whistling save a prayer from duran duran......

thats whats wrong nowadays mac all the goody goodys out there banning the belt at school plus parents not disciplining thier kids the worlds going to hell in a handbag.

I hate it when parents ask what they can do to control their kids - my answer always is that they should have told them no when they were 3! and continue saying no and sticking to it. Too many kids get given everything and have no discipline so they can't cope with it when a teacher tells them that their behaviour is not acceptable 

Exactly.....

but then again some of the teachers at my kids scools are pretty hot i would just sit and stare all day if i was at school....lol

nice!

well i tell ye that i have smacked my little uns when they deserve it! but they are good as gold! what i do in my own house i see as my business. but very rarely do i do it, and i wouldnt do it in public because my kids dont misbehave like some little twats in the street.

nice!

well i tell ye that i have smacked my little uns when they deserve it! but they are good as gold! what i do in my own house i see as my business. but very rarely do i do it, and i wouldnt do it in public because my kids dont misbehave like some little twats in the street.

I have smacked my daughter in the past. Not much though. she is generally good, and thanks to supernanny she knows the naughty step lol!!! But I don't want her to be one of those kids in places when others stare at them in public. No child is perfect, and I would never kid myself that she is perfect, but 99% of the time she is good. I'm lucky that we have a good child - she obviously takes after her mum!

[quote name='badgirl56 wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

Janette B wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

badgirl56']
clap.gif

Hijacking a concert - now that is my ambition for the summer!!!
yeah! you can hear/see it on youtube, hold on.....................

right at the start, GET ON EDGE, thats me! interupting bono, mid speech! right at the start!

thumbsup.gifLove this Mac!.you were so lucky!.such a small intimate crowd and to be there at this stage when there such a huge band!thumbsup.gif..hope youve written it down fer the dranweans to read!tongue.gifwink.gif

I know, thats awesome!! laugh.gif you're famous now Mac, best Bono interrupter ever!! clap.gifthumbsup.gif

MacFoley']nice!

I have smacked my daughter in the past. Not much though. she is generally good, and thanks to supernanny she knows the naughty step lol!!! But I don't want her to be one of those kids in places when others stare at them in public. No child is perfect, and I would never kid myself that she is perfect, but 99% of the time she is good. I'm lucky that we have a good child - she obviously takes after her mum!

aye! i think it all goes down to being good parents! they look up to you, if they see you being a knob, they act like knobs, but i just go around being stupid and funny and so are they and everyone is happy!

[quote name='jackie_llopis wrote:

badgirl56 wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

Janette B wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

badgirl56']
clap.gif

Hijacking a concert - now that is my ambition for the summer!!!
yeah! you can hear/see it on youtube, hold on.....................

right at the start, GET ON EDGE, thats me! interupting bono, mid speech! right at the start!

thumbsup.gif

Love this Mac!.you were so lucky!.such a small intimate crowd and to be there at this stage when there such a huge band!
thumbsup.gif
..hope youve written it down fer the dranweans to read!
tongue.gifwink.gif

I know, thats awesome!! laugh.gif you're famous now Mac, best Bono interrupter ever!! clap.gifthumbsup.gif

well, iraq war, yeah bono, whatever................GET ON EDGE! you should have seen bono's face!

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

MacFoley']nice!

aye! i think it all goes down to being good parents! they look up to you, if they see you being a knob, they act like knobs, but i just go around being stupid and funny and so are they and everyone is happy!

I have taught her the art of dancing in the supermarket and car dance routines! - but not when i'm driving she told me it was dangerous!

But in all seriouness it is nice to see happy and relaxed kids - they are becoming a rare breed. And talking of rare breeds i have one in school at half seven in the morning tomorrow for extra classes so i need to sleep.

have fun and sees ya later xx

Not fair - pic not showing at work!!!

basher1 wrote:

there's nothing wrong with giving your kids something ... when they deserve it.  But I see a lot of parents giving their kids anything and everything whenever they want something.

And then complaining afterwards : they have no respect, they expect to get everything at once, they don't get the value of money, ... blablabla ...

well, react in time instead of expecting others (teachers) to react when it is way too late !

[quote name='jojes wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

basher1 wrote:

there's nothing wrong with giving your kids something ... when they deserve it.  But I see a lot of parents giving their kids anything and everything whenever they want something.

And then complaining afterwards : they have no respect, they expect to get everything at once, they don't get the value of money, ... blablabla ...

well, react in time instead of expecting others (teachers) to react when it is way too late !

Perfectly said jess. Kids do deserve to have a treat from time to time but they should understand that things cost money and for the majority of us we don't have a never ending bank account (although that would be nice!).

And then realise that teachers are there to teach the subject which they are trained in. Yes we can give them moral and social guidance but when we only have a 1 hour lesson i don't want to be spending a quarter on it explaining what maners are and how to use them

Exactly Zhiv ! You're in school to do something else than teaching them things parent ought to do.

I see a lot of those nowadays, letting the kids "run loose" and expecting the teachers to solve their problem.

Exactly Zhiv ! You're in school to do something else than teaching them things parent ought to do.

I see a lot of those nowadays, letting the kids "run loose" and expecting the teachers to solve their problem.

And then we get pulled up if the kids aren't reaching their targets!!! Makes me want to scream!!!

And sorry for hijacking your mighty thread mac!

nah talk on!

i think its good to talk about the old ways of school behaviour. i think its a shame teacher have to really be careful what they do. i think its hard sometimes when you cant bollock someone the way you can do! i mean i will raise my voice if i want to! but you have to be careful because you can make them cry!

but my own children? my flesh and blood, i made them, so if i want to give em a slap for being arsey, or put them on the naughty step or carry them to their bedrooms and say think about what youve done! then i will!

but we live in a very calm household. the kids are treated with love, and its funny, if my son pisses me off, i just have to give him that look and it strikes fear into him! takes me back when my old man used to give me that look!

nah talk on!

i think its good to talk about the old ways of school behaviour. i think its a shame teacher have to really be careful what they do. i think its hard sometimes when you cant bollock someone the way you can do! i mean i will raise my voice if i want to! but you have to be careful because you can make them cry!

but my own children? my flesh and blood, i made them, so if i want to give em a slap for being arsey, or put them on the naughty step or carry them to their bedrooms and say think about what youve done! then i will!

but we live in a very calm household. the kids are treated with love, and its funny, if my son pisses me off, i just have to give him that look and it strikes fear into him! takes me back when my old man used to give me that look!

Ohh.... the look!! I like the look, always effective.

Our technique is to confiscate Mr Cat - her favourite cuddly toy since birth. You know the ones - can't sleep without him etc.... So him taken away for a day where she can't see him = perfect behaviour, just the threat is enough. But she is a star and a really good girl who uses her manners and is helpful too. (apart from when she cleaned out the rabbit at 6:30 the other morning then switched on the hoover to clean up the mess!!! - bit too helpful!)

Howre things MacFoley!! Not sure how I missed this thread but I just want to say 'Thanks' for the Battle suggestions... Can't bleedin' PM or go anywhere outside msg board so thats why I never got back! CHEERS!!

hey up sugrue, sorry i havent been in the battles lately!

i will get in there! just been some interesting debates going on.......................

Howre things! Not sure how I missed this thread but just want to say thanks for the Battle suggestions way back when.. Can't PM and leave Msg Board so thats why you no hear a THANK YOU... in fact I just posted this a min ago and it disappeared(whats new!)... anyway CHEERS

and then it appears again........ No sweat..... actually theres blood, sweat and alot of tears... Keep it going cos they are going to have take heed eventually.... I'll die roaring myself...

hey just because i think u2.com is sometimes dead air space they still make some of the best music to this day!