Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MacFoley

HAIL HAIL the ZHIVSTER! bolton chicks are cool!

anyway, its not the end of the world, i suppose zhiv and me are in a similar situation! but then what else can you do! people always say something will come up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but not being a party pooper, its not everyday you see teacher jobs come up, and in my case (no taking any thunder away from you zhiv) music teaching jobs.

to be honest i dont really care, if it comes up now i know what to do better for it, but i aint going to worry about it. we will get by! aslong as we still have the info in our heads when we are asked to come in, thats whats important.

You're not taking my thunder Mac!! Teaching jobs are getting harder and harder. My problem is that I have been doing supply - long term in each one  -18 months etc... but it is looked down on when it is seen on your CV! And then I have the problem of being at the top of my pay scale and costing a lot more than the NQTs who are applying for the same posts. Of course the one who is costing over £10000 less a year is going to be taken on before me. I did really think this one was for me - not many people are mad enough to want to work with behaviourally challenging kids and they seemed interested in me. Which is why i have emailed them and asked for feedback on my application.

I still don't regret leaving my old job to move out of the area. I live in a good place, in a nice house and in a town i am happy for my daughter to grow up in and she is at a fantastic school where she leaves with a smile on her face each day. I just wish schools would see that someone who has been doing supply isn't a failed teacher which they seem to!

And night Caz xxx

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

MacFoley']anyway, its not the end of the world, i suppose zhiv and me are in a similar situation! but then what else can you do! people always say something will come up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but not being a party pooper, its not everyday you see teacher jobs come up, and in my case (no taking any thunder away from you zhiv) music teaching jobs.

to be honest i dont really care, if it comes up now i know what to do better for it, but i aint going to worry about it. we will get by! aslong as we still have the info in our heads when we are asked to come in, thats whats important.

You're not taking my thunder Mac!! Teaching jobs are getting harder and harder. My problem is that I have been doing supply - long term in each one  -18 months etc... but it is looked down on when it is seen on your CV! And then I have the problem of being at the top of my pay scale and costing a lot more than the NQTs who are applying for the same posts. Of course the one who is costing over £10000 less a year is going to be taken on before me. I did really think this one was for me - not many people are mad enough to want to work with behaviourally challenging kids and they seemed interested in me. Which is why i have emailed them and asked for feedback on my application.

I still don't regret leaving my old job to move out of the area. I live in a good place, in a nice house and in a town i am happy for my daughter to grow up in and she is at a fantastic school where she leaves with a smile on her face each day. I just wish schools would see that someone who has been doing supply isn't a failed teacher which they seem to!

my boy to goes to a good school and leaves with a smile on his face too (most days) i dont regreat my old job too! i was made redundant. blessing in disguise really! made me teach!

but yeah i appreciate all the nice comments but the truth is, when? i was told today in september things will start to pick up! great, but that is still months away, and i cant really wait that long. but as i said, i dont want to worry myself about it, aslong as the kids have their bellies full, im all good! its just that there are people out there who have good being, good knowledge to be passed on, good methods of teaching and good personalties to touch kids (not in a jacko way boom cha!) which dont get chosen.

at least we are in this game together zhivster!

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

Zhivvy']

my boy to goes to a good school and leaves with a smile on his face too (most days) i dont regreat my old job too! i was made redundant. blessing in disguise really! made me teach!

but yeah i appreciate all the nice comments but the truth is, when? i was told today in september things will start to pick up! great, but that is still months away, and i cant really wait that long. but as i said, i dont want to worry myself about it, aslong as the kids have their bellies full, im all good! its just that there are people out there who have good being, good knowledge to be passed on, good methods of teaching and good personalties to touch kids (not in a jacko way boom cha!) which dont get chosen.

at least we are in this game together zhivster!

Well i guess we are! smile.gif

I love my job - when i can get one. And don't want to leave teaching as it is a career that i want, but just wondering how and when. Maybe we should set up our own school Mac?!!

aye! benny hill school!
laugh.gif they'll be queueing up to enrol!

Ok, I'm off to bed, it's getting late and not in the best of moods. Thanks for all you lovely comments of support everyone. It has really helped.

I know that it will get better and it only takes one person to say yes for me to get that job.

And Mac, I hope that you get something soon too. As good as the Benny Hill Centre Of Educational Excellence sounds, it may not make us our millions!

Night all

xxx

thanks zhiv, speaks laters!
night xx

Heya Zhiv and Mac. Hang in there friends, it sounds like hard times for you both.

You know we're all here for you guys (if that helps).

caz63']don.t know about a new job,at the mo i need a new man,massive domestic at the mo.

Hope you get it sorted out Caz. Domestics aren't good xx

What is a domestic and why is it bad to have a large one? To me a domestic is a maid to clean your house and that sounds like something good to have and it sounds like you want a male one???  but it must mean something else in the U.K.???

Hope tomorrow looks more promising, Zhivvy and Mac! Hang in there!

I say start your own business and to heck with the idiots who wont hire you because they're too cheap to pay you what you're worth.

Get yourself a business card-do you have one?

Being your own boss is jolly good fun!

Start your own school, daycare and tutoring service.

Freelance write for various educational journals and news mags, ezines..heck, how about your own book?

Do consulting work -how about online?

How about holding seminars for a fee, and teaching those who sign-up something?

Take some continuing education classes and up your market value

Teach at the adult level-universities, community centers, other

Above all. Don't let the Bastards Get You down!

I say start your own business and to heck with the idiots who wont hire you because they're too cheap to pay you what you're worth.

Get yourself a business card-do you have one?

Being your own boss is jolly good fun!

Start your own school, daycare and tutoring service.

Freelance write for various educational journals and news mags, ezines..heck, how about your own book?

Do consulting work -how about online?

How about holding seminars for a fee, and teaching those who sign-up something?

Take some continuing education classes and up your market value

Teach at the adult level-universities, community centers, other

Above all. Don't let the Bastards Get You down!

happy.gif It sounds a plan as I said last night! I am going to be looking into it at the weekend and get something sorted!

Thanks for the ideas xxx

And thaks Mick and Janette too! xxx

I'm sure that there will be something out there - just still haven't found what I'm looking for!!! (sorry, but need to keep smiling!)

MacFoley']aye! benny hill school!

laugh.gif they'll be queueing up to enrol!

can i put in an aplication to become the school-nurse??

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

laugh.gif"> they

and can I come and do the accounting-part ?

[quote name='jojes wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

laugh.gif"> they

and can I come and do the accounting-part ?

starting to look like a U2-fan-school ... all of us in 1 workplace ... wonder if work will ever get done ... but hye, at least we'll be having fun !happy.gif

Now truly ... I do hope so that for Zhiv and Mac the best job in the world turns up soon !

And it's so true what you say Zhivvy ... it's not fair to look down on someone who has done supply jobs ... those people are needed too ! And why not look at it in a different opoint of view : you have had the opportunity to gain experience in several types of schools, with all kinds of different kids, in different classes ... I just can't understand why having that kind of broad eperience doesn't count for anything ?!

hope you know what I'm trying to say, don't really know how to express it in english ... ?!

I am not entirely certain what supply refers to as we have slightly different systems with different terminology, however . . . . . . . I've so been there and done that!!!

My first job was as a long-term substitute and once you've done that, that's how they "see" you and it can be really difficult to break out and get a "real" teaching job. Then, when we moved out here, jobs were in really short supply - I almost had a three hour (each way) commute to my old job since they weren't hiring out here! So, I somehow managed to get one of the three jobs available in the entire area and it's in a sort-of questionable area, so now that's how they see me and it was impossible to transfer to a "better" district close to home, not to mention that by now my pay increased and why would anyone want to hire an experienced teacher when they come right out of college at a much lower rate . . . . . .

That's where my little saga ends because the commute just about killed me, my kids, my marriage and luckily I was able to quit when my husband got a better job! Much happier family now!!!! Sigh of relief!!!! Things do get better, eventually, one way or another . . . . if the economy had been better when we moved here and I had a choice of jobs, if I had worked in "better" districts, if I had worked a reasonable distance from home, if my pay scale had been lower . . . . I would probably still be working and my family (esp. my daughter) would not be as strong as it is. One thing I have learned is that it may not work out the way we think we want it to, but it works out the way it's supposed to . . . . . something better will come along!!!

Supply is about the same as substitute - can do day to day or long term and mine have all been long term.

Thanks for all the nice comment and i know exactly what you mean Jess.

And the Benny Hill School is coming on well. We are getting the staff- now we just have to find parent mad enough to send their kids. There is one pupil though - I am enrolling Eleanor - she will enjoy the hourly lesson each day on U2 appreciation

[quote name='Janette B wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

caz63']don.t know about a new job,at the mo i need a new man,massive domestic at the mo.

Hope you get it sorted out Caz. Domestics aren't good xx

What is a domestic and why is it bad to have a large one? To me a domestic is a maid to clean your house and that sounds like something good to have and it sounds like you want a male one???  but it must mean something else in the U.K.???

A domestic is a slang word for a big argument with your partner/a family member.

Uh oh . . . poor thing . . . sorry Caz!!!!!

1 more lesson til weekend - yeah!!!!!!!