Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MacFoley

HAIL HAIL the ZHIVSTER! bolton chicks are cool!

I am not entirely certain what supply refers to as we have slightly different systems with different terminology, however . . . . . . . I've so been there and done that!!!

My first job was as a long-term substitute and once you've done that, that's how they "see" you and it can be really difficult to break out and get a "real" teaching job. Then, when we moved out here, jobs were in really short supply - I almost had a three hour (each way) commute to my old job since they weren't hiring out here! So, I somehow managed to get one of the three jobs available in the entire area and it's in a sort-of questionable area, so now that's how they see me and it was impossible to transfer to a "better" district close to home, not to mention that by now my pay increased and why would anyone want to hire an experienced teacher when they come right out of college at a much lower rate . . . . . .

That's where my little saga ends because the commute just about killed me, my kids, my marriage and luckily I was able to quit when my husband got a better job! Much happier family now!!!! Sigh of relief!!!! Things do get better, eventually, one way or another . . . . if the economy had been better when we moved here and I had a choice of jobs, if I had worked in "better" districts, if I had worked a reasonable distance from home, if my pay scale had been lower . . . . I would probably still be working and my family (esp. my daughter) would not be as strong as it is. One thing I have learned is that it may not work out the way we think we want it to, but it works out the way it's supposed to . . . . . something better will come along!!!

looks like you def. made the best decision , janette! and i'm glad it benefits your family. i was a 'home-mom' too till our yougest was 3 and i went to nursery-school. we had to cut back on quite some things during the period, but i enjoyed taking care of kids... being able to play with them, go for a walk in the sun whenever we felt like it! i dont regret it...even if it means our house still isnt ready and we had to postpone renovation till now! but these years can never been taken away from us...

[quote name='jojes wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

MacFoley']aye! benny hill school!

laugh.gif"> they

can i put in an aplication to become the school-nurse??

and can I come and do the accounting-part ?

yes!! thats great! 

This is going to be the best school ever!!! mac and I may be slightly busy as we are the only two teachers (unless janette wants to start up again) but I'm sure the ethos is going to be amazing!! And the teaching isn't too heavy at the moment with only one pupil

Won't consider it, love being home, but you can pay me to email in some lessons, or better yet, can film me giving lessons and broadcast them ")))))))))))) So, I'll cover World and US History then?

Won't consider it, love being home, but you can pay me to email in some lessons, or better yet, can film me giving lessons and broadcast them ")))))))))))) So, I'll cover World and US History then?

we can use web-cam! kids will love that!

web cam classes - now that sounds good too!!

web-cam classes? that really is taking home schooling to a new level! :-)

web-cam classes? that really is taking home schooling to a new level! :-)
I could teach with never having to get out of bed!!! A pyjama day everyday!

Exactly!!! Cup of coffee in hand, pull the covers up, teach, roll over and snore!!!

Exactly!!! Cup of coffee in hand, pull the covers up, teach, roll over and snore!!!

Coffee in hand is quite normal for me but the duvet - oh yes!!!

Ladies, that's not just taking your work home... that's literally taking your work to bed!

Ladies, that's not just taking your work home... that's literally taking your work to bed!

does that mean that we are teaching whores? lol!!!!

I have no problem with that as surely whores receive better pay than teachers???

lol.. you girls always have to take it down a level :P

Uh 0h . . . . now look what you've said, Mummy! Zhivvy's going to make some remark about "going down", lol . . .

Uh 0h . . . . now look what you've said, Mummy! Zhivvy's going to make some remark about "going down", lol . . .

No. no. no. I refuse to make that comment - although now thinking of a new career, which could pay well and can work from home lol!!! tongue.gif

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

Janette B']Uh 0h . . . . now look what you've said, Mummy! Zhivvy's going to make some remark about "going down", lol . . .

No. no. no. I refuse to make that comment - although now thinking of a new career, which could pay well and can work from home lol!!! tongue.gif

only have to get it passed john?

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

Janette B']Uh 0h . . . . now look what you've said, Mummy! Zhivvy's going to make some remark about "going down", lol . . .

No. no. no. I refuse to make that comment - although now thinking of a new career, which could pay well and can work from home lol!!!
tongue.gif

only have to get it passed john?

I'm sure he'll be fine with it as long as it is well paid and i don't get too fussy only wanting irish men, who sing in a band and wear shades!!! laugh.gif

Ok - Almost 1am so i am going to bed! I know it is an hour later for barbara so i don't know how she is doing that.

Night all of you and if you would like to stick any pieces of Borno on here for me to look at in the morning - I would be very happy.

have fun on the Zoo everyone

xxx

hmmm, I think xtra will see what she can do, cause hotpeppers hands are tied

Well go and speak to her!!! Need a saturday morning fix lol!!!

And night for real this time! xxx

good nite zhiv!! was really tired round 11pm, but had to remove makeup, wash and brush teeth....and wide awake again! but eyes getting heavy now...wouldnt make it much longer...tired.gif

don think bout koffiekoeken too much tomorrow-morning....tongue.gif