Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xtraspicy62

MUMMY APPRECIATION THREAD!

Recommended Posts

i had homebirths...at least with the first, with the second and third the midwife had to move me to a hospital at last moment, for different reasons i needed a drug to advance the contractions . but she did assist me with the delivery herself, no doc...and that means no sedation cause she's only allowed to do the natural ones.

but i wanted a natural birth where i was in control and didnt wanna trade it for a painless one!

Great respect to you babs.  You were brave, especially with the second and third, knowing what the pain was like for the first!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='mummy wrote:


barbara1']i had homebirths...at least with the first, with the second and third the midwife had to move me to a hospital at last moment, for different reasons i needed a drug to advance the contractions . but she did assist me with the delivery herself, no doc...and that means no sedation cause she's only allowed to do the natural ones.

but i wanted a natural birth where i was in control and didnt wanna trade it for a painless one!

Great respect to you babs.  You were brave, especially with the second and third, knowing what the pain was like for the first!

 

i do remember my love and midwife talking (this was during first one) and they mentionned something bout future kids! i almost bit of their heads! shouting: mad.gifare you guys crazy..pfff...pfff....i will mad.gifnever ..pff...pffff....ever..pfff... have another one....pff...ever!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:


mummy wrote:

barbara1']i had homebirths...at least with the first, with the second and third the midwife had to move me to a hospital at last moment, for different reasons i needed a drug to advance the contractions . but she did assist me with the delivery herself, no doc...and that means no sedation cause she's only allowed to do the natural ones.

but i wanted a natural birth where i was in control and didnt wanna trade it for a painless one!

Great respect to you babs.  You were brave, especially with the second and third, knowing what the pain was like for the first!

 

i do remember my love and midwife talking (this was during first one) and they mentionned something bout future kids! i almost bit of their heads! shouting: mad.gifare you guys crazy..pfff...pfff....i will mad.gifnever ..pff...pffff....ever..pfff... have another one....pff...ever!!

 

 

I'm sorry, I shouldn't laugh but I laughed out loud reading that! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:


mummy wrote:

barbara1']i had homebirths...at least with the first, with the second and third the midwife had to move me to a hospital at last moment, for different reasons i needed a drug to advance the contractions . but she did assist me with the delivery herself, no doc...and that means no sedation cause she's only allowed to do the natural ones.

but i wanted a natural birth where i was in control and didnt wanna trade it for a painless one!

Great respect to you babs.  You were brave, especially with the second and third, knowing what the pain was like for the first!

 

i do remember my love and midwife talking (this was during first one) and they mentionned something bout future kids! i almost bit of their heads! shouting: mad.gifare you guys crazy..pfff...pfff....i will mad.gifnever ..pff...pffff....ever..pfff... have another one....pff...ever!!

 

At least you were breathing well!! I got told that i was breathing wrongly!!! My comment - well i'm breathing in then out -what other way is there!!!! (it was a long long long long time in there!!!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:


barbara1 wrote:

mummy wrote:

barbara1']i had homebirths...at least with the first, with the second and third the midwife had to move me to a hospital at last moment, for different reasons i needed a drug to advance the contractions . but she did assist me with the delivery herself, no doc...and that means no sedation cause she's only allowed to do the natural ones.

but i wanted a natural birth where i was in control and didnt wanna trade it for a painless one!

Great respect to you babs.  You were brave, especially with the second and third, knowing what the pain was like for the first!

 

i do remember my love and midwife talking (this was during first one) and they mentionned something bout future kids! i almost bit of their heads! shouting:
mad.gif
are you guys crazy..pfff...pfff....i will
mad.gif
never ..pff...pffff....ever..pfff... have another one....pff...ever!!

 

At least you were breathing well!! I got told that i was breathing wrongly!!! My comment - well i'm breathing in then out -what other way is there!!!! (it was a long long long long time in there!!!)

 

 

poor zhiv...or should it be poor hospitalpersonel?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

poor zhiv...or should it be poor hospitalpersonel?!

No the hospital staff were ok, i kept getting different ones each 8 hours - so saw quite a few! And all of them very nice from what i remember in my drugged state!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:


barbara1
']

 

poor zhiv...or should it be poor hospitalpersonel?!

No the hospital staff were ok, i kept getting different ones each 8 hours - so saw quite a few! And all of them very nice from what i remember in my drugged state!

werent you mad, they had to go home when shift was over?! and you couldnt??

 

i remember having contractions for more than 12 hours and it was 2am and in the opposite couch were my love, the midwife and her apprentice , 3 of them sleeping, heads on eachothers shoulders! i got so mad and woke them up yelling i wanted a ceasarian! cause i wanted to finally get some sleep too!! the midwife calmed me down...telling me ceasarians not much fun afterwards.... but more then 2 hours later the uterus was almost entirely opened and she discovered silas was lieing with forehead first... so she took me to hospital to give some medication to provoke stronger contractions as i hadnt enough energy left. and at kwarter  to 6am, midwife had just rung the doctor cause she got worried, silas was born. 

poor doctor peaked in his head 5 minutes later, was told its okay, baby born, you can go back to sleep....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:


Zhivvy
wrote:

barbara1
']

 

poor zhiv...or should it be poor hospitalpersonel?!

No the hospital staff were ok, i kept getting different ones each 8 hours - so saw quite a few! And all of them very nice from what i remember in my drugged state!

werent you mad, they had to go home when shift was over?! and you couldnt??

 

i remember having contractions for more than 12 hours and it was 2am and in the opposite couch were my love, the midwife and her apprentice , 3 of them sleeping, heads on eachothers shoulders! i got so mad and woke them up yelling i wanted a ceasarian! cause i wanted to finally get some sleep too!! the midwife calmed me down...telling me ceasarians not much fun afterwards.... but more then 2 hours later the uterus was almost entirely opened and she discovered silas was lieing with forehead first... so she took me to hospital to give some medication to provoke stronger contractions as i hadnt enough energy left. and at kwarter  to 6am, midwife had just rung the doctor cause she got worried, silas was born. 

poor doctor peaked in his head 5 minutes later, was told its okay, baby born, you can go back to sleep....

Yes i was very very mad!!!! And mad at john too for keep disappearing to eat - they wouldn't let me in case i had to have emergency surgery. I was bloody starving, tired, in pain, epidural didn't work and to top it of 9th august 2003 was the hotest day ever on record in UK!! In a room without air con. And they gave me a hand held fan - it nearly got stuck somewhere on that nurse!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

like i said: poor hospitalpersonel...poor john! lol! but don get me wrong you had every right! every woman in labour has the right to bitch...

 

but your remark about john dissapearing to eat, made me think of this:

during first one,11.30pm, my love had to walk our scottish shepard. poor dog had been waiting for couple of hours to get out... but they didnt return...stayed away for half an hour! midwife getting bit worried, it was passed midnite and moving quick! when finally he got back upstairs, started telling us bout the sound he heard round the old tower (old catsle couple of minutes from our street) he followed it for a while and finally saw the owl making the sound! the midwife was starterled bout this soon-to-be dad 's interest in an owl when his wife was about to have their first baby... but i wasnt surprised at all...i know my love and his obsession for nature, birds in particular!lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

....and the hijacking goes on....you think mummy dares to take another peak at his thread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='mummy wrote:


PiChU']I've only read a couple posts, but those were enough for mummy to win a piece of my heart.

 

Count me in the mummy's love club hehe

Aw pichu, you're a doll.  Here's a hug....  *looks for the hug button* .... Where is the hug button!?  They got all these icons but no hug icon.  I'm disappointed.

 

*hugs pichu the old-fashioned way*

 

  

lol! this is the only thinn I dont like about internet, physical contact just wont compare.

nevertheless... your hug is accepted and sincerely heart felt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

....and the hijacking goes on....you think mummy dares to take another peak at his thread?

Ah, sure, I have to pop in. I can't complain about you gals hijacking it.  In fact, it was you who created the thread in the first place.  :-P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='PiChU wrote:


mummy wrote:

PiChU']I've only read a couple posts, but those were enough for mummy to win a piece of my heart.

 

Count me in the mummy's love club hehe

Aw pichu, you're a doll.  Here's a hug....  *looks for the hug button* .... Where is the hug button!?  They got all these icons but no hug icon.  I'm disappointed.

 

*hugs pichu the old-fashioned way*

 

lol! this is the only thinn I dont like about internet, physical contact just wont compare.

nevertheless... your hug is accepted and sincerely heart felt.
nothing ever compares to the real thing, does it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

rudetomato.jpg 
I dunno how to approach this.

 

 I could take the dirty route and say:  This tomato wanted to prove he was male, a horny male.

 

 

 I could take the innocent route and say:  Isn't it ironic, the first tomato to be eaten in space looked like a spacehopper?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='mummy wrote:


barbara1']....and the hijacking goes on....you think mummy dares to take another peak at his thread?

Ah, sure, I have to pop in. I can't complain about you gals hijacking it.  In fact, it was you who created the thread in the first place.  :-P

thanks for letting us then mummy - you're the best xxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oooh, is this the first time I got kisses? lol. I'll return the favor some day :-P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oooh, is this the first time I got kisses? lol. I'll return the favor some day :-P

 

Oh thanks!!! can't wait xxxxxxxxxxxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi spicy :-) You sticking with your spicy name or are you going for something a little hotter, hotpepper?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i wasn't gonna renew, so i started my free screen name, as hotpepper...but then when i found out i had to start out as numb and lose all my friends...i just couldn't bear it!

 

I tried to tell everyone i was now hotpepper and i have so many friends it was getting exhausting tying to pm each and everyone. why cant we send a mass pm to all our friends? is their an option to do that?

 

I came up with the money and renewed on saturday as xtraspicy

 

I dont like my screen name anymore, but apparently you cant change it unless you start all over again at one post and numb!

yuk!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i wasn't gonna renew, so i started my free screen name, as hotpepper...but then when i found out i had to start out as numb and lose all my friends...i just couldn't bear it!

 

I tried to tell everyone i was now hotpepper and i have so many friends it was getting exhausting tying to pm each and everyone. why cant we send a mass pm to all our friends? is their an option to do that?

 

I came up with the money and renewed on saturday as xtraspicy

 

I dont like my screen name anymore, but apparently you cant change it unless you start all over again at one post and numb!

yuk!

We could just call you whatever you want us too - won't change your screen name but we can refer to you as that! - if that makes sense - been a long day lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i wasn't gonna renew, so i started my free screen name, as hotpepper...but then when i found out i had to start out as numb and lose all my friends...i just couldn't bear it!

 

I tried to tell everyone i was now hotpepper and i have so many friends it was getting exhausting tying to pm each and everyone. why cant we send a mass pm to all our friends? is their an option to do that?

 

I came up with the money and renewed on saturday as xtraspicy

 

I dont like my screen name anymore, but apparently you cant change it unless you start all over again at one post and numb!

yuk!

You don't have to renew to keep your username.  Your paid subscription would have lapsed but you would still have been able to access the zoo, just not the paid side - you would have kept your username, your friends and your post count.  Just an FYI for future reference....

 

PS = You sent me a PM the other day - I'm not sure if you noticed that I responded to the post in question.  Read up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow mummy! I don't think that everyone on this board knows about what you just posted!

 

Some of us first timers think that we have to renew to save all of our posts and friends!

 

Is this information that you posted prominently placed somewhere for all to see?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='mummy wrote:


xtraspicy62']
rudetomato.jpg
 

I dunno how to approach this.

 

 I could take the dirty route and say:  This tomato wanted to prove he was male, a horny male.

 

 

 I could take the innocent route and say:  Isn't it ironic, the first tomato to be eaten in space looked like a spacehopper?

 

i just had the wierdest image in my head then looking at that tomato but i'll keep it to myself lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...