Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bajagirl

Artificial Horizon Triple Vinyl!!!!!!!

sorry, im a bit slow.

my copy came in the first weekend of june. i live in the uk and ordered mine the day after it was advertised on u2.com

mine STILL hasn't after 3 emails and I ordered it the day before you mac

[quote name='gibbo1968 wrote:

MacFoley']sorry, im a bit slow.

my copy came in the first weekend of june. i live in the uk and ordered mine the day after it was advertised on u2.com

oh, man! that is shite! i feel bad for owning a copy now.

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

gibbo1968 wrote:

hey see if mulls is kind enough to give you a copy! he has two doesnt he?wink.gif

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

gibbo1968 wrote:

hey see if mulls is kind enough to give you a copy! he has two doesnt he?wink.gif

As if it'll be in that room I could only get me foot in the door of by now! 

thanks to everyone who has contacted myself and Baja regarding this - we both have highlighted this thread, and other relevant threads and posts and concerns and have forwarded on to be addressed.

We have been assured that the best way to get individual responses is to go to the Help pages here http://www.u2.com/help/index/

Choose either 'Order Help' or 'Artificial Horizon' from the drop down menu and fill in all the details asked for

33y1gn6.jpg

If you receive no reply within 48 hours or so, then please send info in again (in case it was not received for some reason) - then please post back here and let us know what response you received.

If you have already tried using the Contact Us form but not received a reply, then please try this method again (I know its a pain, but its the advice that we have been asked to give to everyone).

Cheers BW I have already sent 3 emails to live nation/fanfire but not through this avenue.

Still not convinced about it though but thanks for highlighting the issue.

I'll let yer know when I get my bog standard reply from stephanie or gina!

Well, I got off the phone with Fanfire and they have determined that my package must have gotten lost since it's been over 4 months since my initial order. When asked if this was an isolated incident, I was told that it appears that way since most everybody got their records already.

They gave me the option of either refunding my money or attempting to send me a new one. If I get another one, it will ship from the UK and will likely take an additional 6-8 weeks to get to Austin, Texas. When asked about expedited shipping, I was told that this was not an option.

Man, talk about a sour experience. =( Judging from the responses on this thread, I don't know that this is an isolated incident, either.

I haven't received my triple vinyl set yet, and I get no response from the U2.com 'contact us' asking about it. Very annoyed at the operations around here. I ordered the vinyl on March 19th! It's been a full four months now.

I wanted to give everyone an update on this.

I received my record in the mail today (in Austin, Texas). The packaging is great. If you haven't received yours yet, don't give up hope.

Stealthboy, I ordered mine on 3/19 as well, so you should be getting yours soon.

I haven't gotten my 2 copies that I ordered on March 18th. I contacted fanfire twice so far and have gotten "rubber stamped" responses both times. Looks like my card was charged though within the past few weeks.

MINE FINALLY ARRIVED!

Numb,

Hey.

I also ordered my Artificial Horizon Triple Vinyl on March 18th.

After not receiving it by June 9th, I called and was told it would arrive by July 14th.

I then contacted FanFire on July 15th and spoke with both Stephanie and Taylor.

Both were cool and concerned, as they both said that mine should have arrived by mid - June.

Taylor expedited my request for a backorder on July 15th... and somehow, amazingly, my Artificial Horizon arrived last night (July 19th) in the US Post from England. Safe and Sound in a sturdy cardboard shipping flat... mint condition.

So my friend... there is HOPE!

Here's hoping your 2 copies arrive soon safe and sound.

Cheers,

MAPAZ

I posted this downstairs and have already sent an email to the HELP area of the website, but wanted to share it here too.

The good news is that I received one of my Artificial Horizon Vinyls today..so they are actually in the States now.  The bad news is the state that it arrived in. I'm attaching some pictures of it.

First we have the corners and all 4 corners are like this:

022-1.jpg

023-2.jpg

Then we have the bottom side of the outer sleeve:

024-1.jpg

And then we have the vinyl itself.  This is a pic of one of the 3 WARPED vinyls:

025-2.jpg

I am so incredibly disappointed. And I have already written them a letter, which I am sure will do no help whatsoever.

Next Friday, I shall walk into the U2 "Discotheque Store", Yes, I have my own name even for their store, to do some shopping of CD's. Mine, the first CD I received which has mysterious ways, the CD holds the lyrics with a perfect pitch of his emotion and pitch, unlike the radio when they play it, and some other CD's. I must save them for the future after I am gone to pass on to my children.

Realmawake 

I posted this downstairs and have already sent an email to the HELP area of the website, but wanted to share it here too.

The good news is that I received one of my Artificial Horizon Vinyls today..so they are actually in the States now.  The bad news is the state that it arrived in. I'm attaching some pictures of it.

022-1.jpg

023-2.jpg

024-1.jpg

And then we have the vinyl itself.  This is a pic of one of the 3 WARPED vinyls:

025-2.jpg

I am so incredibly disappointed. And I have already written them a letter, which I am sure will do no help whatsoever.

Forgot to add to that I don't know why they would have chosen to send they via US mail, UPS or FedEx would have been better.  But they should have added some "DO NOT BEND" and "KEEP OUT OF EXTREME HEAT" stickers to the package.

I am sure they  (U2) sent you completely new stuff, but post offices are very irresponsible in duing their job. They are treating packages like garbage, that's sure. I had same experiences with post offices in Croatia....

[quote name='mich40 wrote:

mich40']I posted this downstairs and have already sent an email to the HELP area of the website, but wanted to share it here too.

022-1.jpg

023-2.jpg

024-1.jpg

025-2.jpg

Forgot to add to that I don't know why they would have chosen to send they via US mail, UPS or FedEx would have been better.  But they should have added some "DO NOT BEND" and "KEEP OUT OF EXTREME HEAT" stickers to the package.

What was the packaging like on your order? Only reason I ask is, mine was sent in really solid cardboard. Infact I dropped my order down the stairs and was dreading any damage to it, but when I opened it! Not a mark on it.

That looks like it was used as a frisby before being packaged and sent out to you.

[quote name='mich40 wrote:

mich40']I posted this downstairs and have already sent an email to the HELP area of the website, but wanted to share it here too.

022-1.jpg

023-2.jpg

024-1.jpg

025-2.jpg

that sucks. i admit, if that was my copy i would be extremly pissed off after waiting all that time for it.

i feel for you. complain about it. get a reply. livenation are nothing but complaints since u2 signed with them. well fanfare are totally shite too to be honest as they are the ones handling these things.

OMG! I just found out they screwed up my order now and just found this thread from there.

If U2 does not want to alienate all its hard core fans...they need to fix this site.

It is the biggest joke between U2 fans but why is it we don't start a legal action? Why don't we all boycott?

Because we love the band and we don't want to be put in the position of having to take them to court or to boycott them in anyway.

Dont they understand that?

OMG! I just found out they screwed up my order now and just found this thread from there.

If U2 does not want to alienate all its hard core fans...they need to fix this site.

It is the biggest joke between U2 fans but why is it we don't start a legal action? Why don't we all boycott?

Because we love the band and we don't want to be put in the position of having to take them to court or to boycott them in anyway.

Hey hey hey, take it easy!!! It is not U2's fault!!!! It is post offices fault!!!

[quote name='antonija_croatia wrote:

hjay']OMG! I just found out they screwed up my order now and just found this thread from there.

Hey hey hey, take it easy!!! It is not U2's fault!!!! It is post offices fault!!!

You didn't read my whole post, I was very calm when I wrote it, actually. Read it again the whole way through, I was saying that I would never do those things because we are fans and that would be ridiculous.  And it's not the Post office's fault at all, it is the company U2 employs to sell their merch who are constantly letting us down.

[quote name='hjay wrote:

antonija_croatia wrote:

hjay']OMG! I just found out they screwed up my order now and just found this thread from there.

You didn't read my whole post, I was very calm when I wrote it, actually. Read it again the whole way through, I was saying that I would never do those things because we are fans and that would be ridiculous.  And it's not the Post office's fault at all, it is the company U2 employs to sell their merch who are constantly letting us down.

I don't know nothing about foreign merch and post offices, but I know the way how it goes here... Everyone are treating packages like rubbish... You can be even luck if you get it honestly :/ Which is bad!