Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basher1

Totally Disgraceful......

I'm sorry to say it lads, but they've put profit before everything else. I know that U2 is a buisness and fair enough, I accept that. But I really do feel they're taking the piss now out of us fans, who've made them rich beyond they're wildest dreams by saving up our hard earned money, going to gigs, travelling to see the gigs, cd's merchandise etc etc etc.

They're forgotten and lost sight of just who put them in their priveldged positions in life. And I, for one, think it's taking liberties and just isn't on.

Hi mate.

it's funny, I don't begrudge them having an absolute shit-load of money, private planes, giant houses etc etc.

I want my favourite Rock Gods to be just that.

But they've stopped holding up their end of the deal.

Surely there's more to being the so-called best band in the world than putting out 12 songs and building a massive stage.

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

basher1']oh you know what i forgot to put.......im wondering how long before a fuckwit comes in with a pearl of wisdom that goes "well why do you still come here",..........can't wait for that one.........

and Kings yer right Geldofs a c**t..........try and get a look at a programme called star stories about bono......i tell ye what they are not too far off the mark with it.

errrr? we come here because we can. and we have loved the band for so long, knowing there is one more amazing album in them yet? and mostly because we paid to do so, so we might aswell use it? and because i love talking to my zootop mates. doesnt mean if there is a problem with u2 making $$$ i can admit the truth that u2 are not a working band anymore, they are a reunion band every 5 years who live off the joshua tree with stunning stage effects live these days?

i loved the 360 show i went to by the way, i thought it was a good make up for the popmart tour i missed, plus i wanted to take both my songs to see them live, more than i wanted to go myself.

but its not even fit enough to lick zootv's boots, when u2 were a band who brought out music not for the hype. zooropa i consider to be one of their best, and because the sales flunked, people say its one of the worst albums..............

lol....Mac your not one of the fuckwits mate.......none of the folk who have had the balls (sorry carol and liz,.....lol) to come onto here and say what they think are fuckwits.........

i do however aim it at certain sections of this place.

Alright Mick..how you doing matey?

I know what y ou mean. I don't begrudge them the money, they've worked for it so fair play. I object to them forgetting us fans. I don't mind seeing a gig that doesn't have all the trappings. 4 blokes on a stage is fine with me. To be honest, it'll probably work better than having all the trappings.

I just think it's sad they've got to this point. I always thought they were above becoming the type of rock and roll morons that they appear to have become. After all, it's us that pays their wages.

Just my opinion like.....

Good night all. My Son's 10th Birthday tomorrow. I bought him a new guitar and a U2 song book. He's always wanted to learn to play Beautiful Day. Bono really needs to know there is a 10 year old kid on the other side of the planet that he inspired to learn guitar and wants to play BD. That's what U2 is all about hey.

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

basher1']oh you know what i forgot to put.......im wondering how long before a fuckwit comes in with a pearl of wisdom that goes "well why do you still come here",..........can't wait for that one.........

and Kings yer right Geldofs a c**t..........try and get a look at a programme called star stories about bono......i tell ye what they are not too far off the mark with it.

errrr? we come here because we can. and we have loved the band for so long, knowing there is one more amazing album in them yet? and mostly because we paid to do so, so we might aswell use it? and because i love talking to my zootop mates. doesnt mean if there is a problem with u2 making $$$ i can admit the truth that u2 are not a working band anymore, they are a reunion band every 5 years who live off the joshua tree with stunning stage effects live these days?

i loved the 360 show i went to by the way, i thought it was a good make up for the popmart tour i missed, plus i wanted to take both my songs to see them live, more than i wanted to go myself.

but its not even fit enough to lick zootv's boots, when u2 were a band who brought out music not for the hype. zooropa i consider to be one of their best, and because the sales flunked, people say its one of the worst albums..............

lol....Mac your not one of the fuckwits mate.......none of the folk who have had the balls (sorry carol and liz,.....lol) to come onto here and say what they think are fuckwits.........

i do however aim it at certain sections of this place.

like bono is a prince who can do no wrong turning up all over the world, where he has 3 mates who want to write new amazing songs waiting for him to dust the dirt off his million pound leather jacket and get back to his real job?

Good night all. My Son's 10th Birthday tomorrow. I bought him a new guitar and a U2 song book. He's always wanted to learn to play Beautiful Day. Bono really needs to know there is a 10 year old kid on the other side of the planet that he inspired to learn guitar and wants to play BD. That's what U2 is all about hey.
Cool.....wish him a happy birthday from his Uncle Basher mate.

See ya boss, and have fun tomorrow. hopefully it's a beautiful day for you and the fam!

and in 5 years time, he will be getting ripped off buying the latest dvd audio rip in mp3 format, mp4 format, digital download format with extra song, quad vinyl set in gold vinyl!laugh.gif thats what u2 is about!wink.gif

Alright Mick..how you doing matey?

I know what y ou mean. I don't begrudge them the money, they've worked for it so fair play. I object to them forgetting us fans. I don't mind seeing a gig that doesn't have all the trappings. 4 blokes on a stage is fine with me. To be honest, it'll probably work better than having all the trappings.

I just think it's sad they've got to this point. I always thought they were above becoming the type of rock and roll morons that they appear to have become. After all, it's us that pays their wages.

Allo Liz my girl! Wats doin?  :)

Mate I actually loved the 360 tour, but I literally had to fly to the opposite side of the planet to attend.

And at the time I didn't mind the greatest hits being played for all the casual fans.

But now I think, screw em.

Why not play Acrobat 20 times in a row at the local pub for the peeps that actually love you?

C'mon U2.

This is it.

Your biggest fans calling you out.

What are you going to do about it?

Feckin nothing is my guess.

[quote name='mick james wrote:

thegrockinthefrock']Alright Mick..how you doing matey?

Allo Liz my girl! Wats doin?  :)

Mate I actually loved the 360 tour, but I literally had to fly to the opposite side of the planet to attend.

And at the time I didn't mind the greatest hits being played for all the casual fans.

Why not play Acrobat 20 times in a row at the local pub for the peeps that actually love you?

C'mon U2.

This is it.

i'll echo that Mick......

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

mick james wrote:

thegrockinthefrock']Alright Mick..how you doing matey?

Allo Liz my girl! Wats doin? 
:)

C'mon U2.

This is it.

i'll echo that Mick......

Yup...me too.

bono-girls-425.jpg

Less love for hookers,

More love for your fans.

Embarresing dad comes to mind.

and yeah what you said Mick.

bono-girls-425.jpg

Less love for hookers,

More love for your fans.

sorry i hate that pic. it shows screams, old man putting a mask on to show the world he can have hookers. this image died along with zootv i think.

lol Mick.........just make that gig in Oz!

Mate at this point I'd be happy for them all to come out dressed as Lady Ga Ga and do forty mins of  Creed covers.

Seriously!

hahahahaaha...........ummmmm........I wouldnt!

actually on 2nd thought that would be pretty funny!

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

mick james']
bono-girls-425.jpg

Less love for hookers,

More love for your fans.

sorry i hate that pic. it shows screams, old man putting a mask on to show the world he can have hookers. this image died along with zootv i think.

I love how he's wearing the rosary beads PJP2 gave him  while he's got these two slappers on his lap.

I wonder if he went to confession on the way home?

i agree with whats been said and yuck wish people didn't blind me with that picture!

Alright G, how about dressed as Duran Duran doing a set of Kylie covers?

Anything would do at this point.

Even if we all just held cups attached to a big string with nothing but candles as lights.

Just a visit hey?

Oi don't diss The Gaga