Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basher1

Totally Disgraceful......

Well this site is run through fanfire, not U2. So if you're gonna blame anyone blame fanfire, not U2.

It's their fault its 50 bucks.

true BUT this website reprisents the band U2 so at the end of the day it will affect U2 if fans give up coming here subscribed or not!

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

sonicfungus98']gross ass brits. lol

*sends panth after this thread now* lol

Panth would agree with me.....lol

oh and scottish not british.........tongue.gif

YEs. 50 bucks for a barely anything subscription is stupid.

And the British are gross.  I'm fine with the Scottish though. The Brits should learn from teh Scots.

and eat things out of a sheeps stomach you gotta be kidding me lol :P

aye aye aye .. nonono U2 and U2.com same story

what 's wrong with that logic

also u all know U2.com is american and like all american sites they stock your credit card numbers.. that is just because i like to say it

oh dear. The photo makes me laugh. I don't take it seriously. It's very "rock star" to do and ridiculous at any age. Who the hell else besides a rock star could get away with it?

Cancel your subscriptions if you're so unhappy.

I'm having fun here and I feel no need to defend my interest in the band or their music because the enjoyment is for me and me alone.

good for you you are having fun, the point basher is making is that the band we grew up with have become carefree of what to give to the die hard fans after nearly 30 years of support only to find out a triple vinyl set can now be bought by any tom dick or harry after a cd version has come out. for these 2 items alone the cost comes to $85. and for that we get a lousy digital remix, which could have fitted on the normal cd version.

news reports on u2 that end up on other sites, but the official one cant even be bothered to wish the band members happy birthday.

news on the new dvd for instance, on atu2.com, nothing of it here.

its like having a season ticket to a football team, and they are playing shit, but you still go to the games because you love them so much. we have paid the sub fee, so therefore as much as we like to big up u2 and probably still will can complain as much as we want about the real issues. they seem to have forgot where they came from and its about time the whole u2 machine was brought back down to earth.

and the argument basher has risen.....................

is the whole site and membership worth the money?

and if it is, justify it, apart from its a place to come and chat. (we dont have a proper chat room to add)

im not saying "die hard" fans deserve more than the "casual fan" but it would be nice once in a while for something on here to be like OH WOW I CANT BELIEVE IT................................U2 ARE??????

Well this site is run through fanfire, not U2. So if you're gonna blame anyone blame fanfire, not U2.

It's their fault its 50 bucks.

and paul fat cat signs on the dotted lines, has the final say.

Some really good points made in this thread.. it's a real shame that we have to buy the triple vinyl artificial horizon thingy.. it would have made sense to give that one to the subscribers.. but hey.. U2 are a business now and nothing we can say will change it. I have ordered it.. I will always order the things U2 fetch out cos I'm a collector, but I do think, too that they are getting greedy.. something I never thought U2 would do back in the early 80's.
yeah only the subbers should have got the vinyl.

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

bonosbaby25']Some really good points made in this thread.. it's a real shame that we have to buy the triple vinyl artificial horizon thingy.. it would have made sense to give that one to the subscribers.. but hey.. U2 are a business now and nothing we can say will change it. I have ordered it.. I will always order the things U2 fetch out cos I'm a collector, but I do think, too that they are getting greedy.. something I never thought U2 would do back in the early 80's.

yeah only the subbers should have got the vinyl.

I can't see how the subs package can be described as "exclusive" when they fetch out the vinyl that everyone can buy.. it doesn't seem fair to me, Mac..

remember last one out turn off the lights and shut the door

nah it dont bb. it pains me to say this, but u2 are not on top of my live bands list. even if they bring out another tour, there are other bands i want to see next ahead of u2. this is mainly due to the fact i said earlier that my dream was to see them play 3 foot away from me, now that dream has been complete with radio one gig, the myth of u2 has kind of been broken and so up close you see them as 4 blokes. normal blokes. not gods. and with u2 of late i feel they seem to bury themselves in the production side where set lists suffer.

im straying now lol, but yeah. i think if u2 themselves dont get it right in terms of sales etc, i think it will be the end, or could be the end. what else has bono got left to say apart from the things we dont know about already.

and the vinyl is tight!

remember last one out turn off the lights and shut the door

eh?

i would love to see muse again! and am dying to take the wife to see pearl jam.

and the argument basher has risen.....................

and if it is, justify it, apart from its a place to come and chat. (we dont have a proper chat room to add)

to be honest no it isn't

i spend more time in the none paid section with my friends than the paid section due to the fact it's just better there! No one really posts anythin

and no i didn't join just for for the presale tickets but what a f**k up that was! NOT telling us untill the last moment that their was no UK gigs this time around and then they were doing Glastonbury! Didn't bother me that they weren't doing UK but could have use code for Denmark tickets (which I REALLY wanted to be honest) if known straight away!

The shop is a load of crap as well for one thing there's no European 1st leg tour merch in it which kind pisses me off all though a lot of people don't use it as it takes AGES for things to get to them!

But hey at least give us the chance to buy something! U2 have European fans as well!

Chatroom would be wonderfull but last time this came up Baja said they'd need admins for the place and it would be better if we did it outselver which is a fair point but you know agreed a chatroom would be nice lol

I know i've only been around here for 1 year but I only use the forum to chat to friends anything else just doesn't alert me to be honest! Plus get more news through twitter!

but don't judge me for this just coz I've not been a total long time fan (Hey always loved U2 since I remember them can't help my age unfortunatly)

But I think it's a fair point and would I subscribe again not sure depends if anything GOOD happens!

the one which worries me (worry in a loose sense) is that people are saying that they are not subscribing again for whatever their reasons and if that is what they want to do it is their choice. It is as if there is no reason for the re-subscription, the gift is only a cd which we can now buy on vinyl and no need for presale codes after the summer (or early next year if the Oz rumours are true). No real exclusives on here etc.... So with no-one paying would this mean that we are soon going to be told that the site is no more as there is no money to run it? Surely this is something that will happen soon if they don't do something special to keep they paying members around.

Worst ever move by U2.............................Going to bed with Live Nation. It's the ultimate insult to every U2 fan. We are now being charged a lot more for a lot less.

Money maybe important in business. But when music is your Business, fans should count as you main asset! And yes U2 should pay more attention to there business concerns, ie there fans and there site.

[quote name='Claire T wrote:

MacFoley']and the argument basher has risen.....................

to be honest no it isn't

i spend more time in the none paid section with my friends than the paid section due to the fact it's just better there! No one really posts anythin

and no i didn't join just for for the presale tickets but what a f**k up that was! NOT telling us untill the last moment that their was no UK gigs this time around and then they were doing Glastonbury! Didn't bother me that they weren't doing UK but could have use code for Denmark tickets (which I REALLY wanted to be honest) if known straight away!

The shop is a load of crap as well for one thing there's no European 1st leg tour merch in it which kind pisses me off all though a lot of people don't use it as it takes AGES for things to get to them!

But hey at least give us the chance to buy something! U2 have European fans as well!

Chatroom would be wonderfull but last time this came up Baja said they'd need admins for the place and it would be better if we did it outselver which is a fair point but you know agreed a chatroom would be nice lol

I know i've only been around here for 1 year but I only use the forum to chat to friends anything else just doesn't alert me to be honest! Plus get more news through twitter!

but don't judge me for this just coz I've not been a total long time fan (Hey always loved U2 since I remember them can't help my age unfortunatly)

But I think it's a fair point and would I subscribe again not sure depends if anything GOOD happens!

you could quite easilly...............not subscribe and get.......................

anything from the gift shop.

talk to your mates in the free section (although there are more crazys up here!)

get a ticket for a show

find the sub gift if you look around the right places if you were not bothered by breaking the u2 law

but what would make this place exciting?!?!?!

question and anwser from the band or certain members on a live thread for subbers?

competitions?

better gifts instead of cd's of other cd's

the chance to download the concert you went for free, recorded from the soundboard!

a better shop service. with u2 being so big, why is there not a seperate station that will look after their european customers better.

the list could go on.............................

question and anwser from the band or certain members on a live thread for subbers? -yes please that would be a great treat for us.

competitions? once again would be a nice touch - something special for our subscription, maybe a meet and greet or tickets for a concert etc...

the chance to download the concert you went for free, recorded from the soundboard! - other sites seem to touch on this idea so why not here?

a better shop service. with u2 being so big, why is there not a seperate station that will look after their european customers better.

the one which worries me (worry in a loose sense) is that people are saying that they are not subscribing again for whatever their reasons and if that is what they want to do it is their choice. It is as if there is no reason for the re-subscription, the gift is only a cd which we can now buy on vinyl and no need for presale codes after the summer (or early next year if the Oz rumours are true). No real exclusives on here etc.... So with no-one paying would this mean that we are soon going to be told that the site is no more as there is no money to run it? Surely this is something that will happen soon if they don't do something special to keep they paying members around.

But the thing is this site is NOT exclusive people get on Twitter and add  @u2 to that THEN you'll get exclusive! Like I said I only really come here to talk to you and the others and why do I have to pay for that?  We don't even get the videos from Adam and people anymore (Bono never did his anyway talk about false hope)!

The thing is and I hate to say this that maybe Bono doing his charity work (Which I whole hearted stand by the man for) is getting in the way of U2! I really want a new album out this year but again false hope I don't see it happening IMHO!

and to be honest this website isn't worth $50

But then again only probably some daft % goes into this site and the rest goes into the pockets of Live Nation

I love the band to bits but I don't know!

nah it dont bb. it pains me to say this, but u2 are not on top of my live bands list. even if they bring out another tour, there are other bands i want to see next ahead of u2. this is mainly due to the fact i said earlier that my dream was to see them play 3 foot away from me, now that dream has been complete with radio one gig, the myth of u2 has kind of been broken and so up close you see them as 4 blokes. normal blokes. not gods. and with u2 of late i feel they seem to bury themselves in the production side where set lists suffer.

im straying now lol, but yeah. i think if u2 themselves dont get it right in terms of sales etc, i think it will be the end, or could be the end. what else has bono got left to say apart from the things we dont know about already.

and the vinyl is tight!

I know what you mean Mac.. I wasn't blown away by the shows last year.. the very first time that has happened.. I left the gigs feeling empty.. which was scarey.. 

Better main page news. IE: Adam Clayton's 50th birthday or did he not have one!

they will always have someone to pay! its just that im in 2 minds now of not resubbing next year. i really dont know at the moment.

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

Claire T wrote:

MacFoley']and the argument basher has risen.....................

to be honest no it isn't

you could quite easilly...............not subscribe and get.......................

anything from the gift shop.

talk to your mates in the free section (although there are more crazys up here!)

get a ticket for a show

find the sub gift if you look around the right places if you were not bothered by breaking the u2 law

question and anwser from the band or certain members on a live thread for subbers?

competitions?

the chance to download the concert you went for free, recorded from the soundboard!

oh hell yes totally agree on that! There needs to be something that'll keep the oldies and noobies in or it's just not gonna be worth it lol I'd like to see more interaction or something on the band's behalf not just when a new album is coming out  but during the year through out!

or and Live Nation (who have taken over fanfire) Say they do have places in the UK from which things get shipped which is funny as my AH CD came from Sweden

AND another thing when I was a member of the Blur fan club I got a quarterly magazine and a Fan club CD. I know

and one more thing COMPETITIONS would be awesome specially if it was things people COULDN'T GET in the shop or else where!

Better main page news. IE: Adam Clayton's 50th birthday or did he not have one!

agreed