Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basher1

Totally Disgraceful......

Recommended Posts


maybe we've been duped into thinking that this is THE fan website, when maybe its really one of the others?

yeah! this site is the fake one! atu2 is where its happening and interference!

 

i have read a few threads on those forums i mention saying u2.com sucks and hardly any of those fans are members yet still went to a load of shows on 360, go figure!roll.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow.

Basher, I think it is, I was commenting on more than just your post. Someone on here was talking about defending their interest in U2 and several complaining about the value of the site ...

 

I've been reading more posts as this thread develops. There must be a way or place for us to tell what we think is wrong or missing and to suggest what we'd like to improve upon it.

 

Didn't this thread start about a photo of Bono with some girls young enough to be his daughters? I find the judgments of that photo interesting because we don't know the circumstances surrounding it or how it was cropped. If there is a judgment to be made I think Ali Hewson gets to make it not me.

 

The thread kind of devolved from there into a whole bunch of stuff about the band and this site that I'm just now reading.

 

I'm relatively new here and having fun. I don't know how I'll feel in a year from now. Sorry you're not enjoying it.

Scout this is the origional post i put up but somehow bono and girls in a hot-tub took over for a while.

 

 

How greedy can this band be?????.......

 

It's now $50 for a subscription that is unbelieveable i mean it's not as if you get value for money here nowadays the whiole pre-sale thing is a shambles you could get a ticket no problem on the tour......the gifts are a joke and the place is pretty much a graveyard nowadays.

 

so here i'd like to say to folk come on in here defend the undefendable if you can i know there will be A LOT of people out there you know the "u2 can do no wrong brigade" that will say "well the band have nothing to do with the site"

You are wrong this is u2's "official" website it is in thier name.

 

Totally disgusted with the way this band has become so greedy over the last few years.

 

If you don't believe me have a look in the shop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='mick james wrote:


basher1 wrote:

bonosbaby25 wrote:

MacFoley']nah it dont bb. it pains me to say this, but u2 are not on top of my live bands list. even if they bring out another tour, there are other bands i want to see next ahead of u2. this is mainly due to the fact i said earlier that my dream was to see them play 3 foot away from me, now that dream has been complete with radio one gig, the myth of u2 has kind of been broken and so up close you see them as 4 blokes. normal blokes. not gods. and with u2 of late i feel they seem to bury themselves in the production side where set lists suffer.

 

im straying now lol, but yeah. i think if u2 themselves dont get it right in terms of sales etc, i think it will be the end, or could be the end. what else has bono got left to say apart from the things we dont know about already.

 

and the vinyl is tight!

I know what you mean Mac.. I wasn't blown away by the shows last year.. the very first time that has happened.. I left the gigs feeling empty.. which was scarey.. 

 

Oi/.....i was at 2 of those with you........boring am i......
tongue.gif

 

You didn't have that bloody kilt on did ya?

 

Just the Glasgow one Mick but Dawn didn't go to that one i think she was afraid of me n Gibbo being in kilts....lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe we've been duped into thinking that this is THE fan website, when maybe its really one of the others?

Heya Spice.

 

I think you just hit the nail on the head.

 

By all means U2.com should be the best site for a U2 fan to visit.

It's certainly the most expensive one.

 

And I agree with Mac on the point  -how many of us just use the forum because, heck, we've paid for it?

 

Don't get me wrong I love chatting to you, and the other girls and boys, but we could always head to another site and have the same fun every night hey?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

think i may put my presale code on ebay then...........................(fishing)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just the Glasgow one Mick but Dawn didn't go to that one i think she was afraid of me n Gibbo being in kilts....lol

 

Only cause she knew you wouldn't have ya bloody pants on underneath!

 

 

That what's wrong with this website folks.

Basher never wears pants.

 

If only they sold overpriced undies in the U2 shop we could sort the bugger out and fix this whole mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the way i feel is i pay by sub, waiting for a gift, only to find the main news page lags, read threads about bono's hair, and once in a while see a vid, which normally is a load of bollocks.

What with all your talking and all our talking, I think this succinctly describes u2.com 

 

Do we need to say any more?

 

tongue.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='basher1 wrote:


mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

mick james']
LadyBonBon.jpg?t=1269265055

 

 

Lady Bon Bon.

 

 

 

 

That's all I have to say.

 

he looks quite cute!

 

LMAO!!!  So you'd like a bit of Poker Face with Lady Bon Bon huh??

 

laugh.gif

 

 

Jeez wait til Basher sees her. It'll be love at first sight!

 

ye know me too well Mick....

 

*right click* *print* *laminate for easy cleaning*...........

 

Since I hooked Bash up with Lady Bon Bon, it's only fair I hook Mac up with Cornwall's finest.

Enjoy your date Mac!

Bonolicker.png?t=1269268980

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='mick james wrote:


basher1 wrote:

mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

mick james']
LadyBonBon.jpg?t=1269265055

 

 

Lady Bon Bon.

 

 

 

 

That's all I have to say.

 

he looks quite cute!

 

LMAO!!!  So you'd like a bit of Poker Face with Lady Bon Bon huh??

 

laugh.gif

 

 

Jeez wait til Basher sees her. It'll be love at first sight!

 

ye know me too well Mick....

 

*right click* *print* *laminate for easy cleaning*...........

 

Since I hooked Bash up with Lady Bon Bon, it's only fair I hook Mac up with Cornwall's finest.

Enjoy your date Mac!

Bonolicker.png?t=1269268980

 

i think i might have to check my pants for piss!

 

so funny mate! thanks! never mind if its bono's fat head, im looking at those paps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think i might have to check my pants for piss!

 

so funny mate! thanks! never mind if its bono's fat head, im looking at those paps!

 

Yup!

 

Even Richard D James looked hot with that rack, beard and all!

 

And he knows his way around a drum machine too! Perfect guy for some bromance huh?laugh.gif

 

 

oh yeah, U2.com grumble grumble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='mick james wrote:


Bonohood
']I only use the General Forum and the All About U2 and they´re not playing in Ireland this year, so I´m not thinking of renewing, especially because many who were paying members like I used to be until 2 days ago, didn´t get tickets even though they had pre-sale codes last year.

The advertisement on this site is a bit too much on your (or my) face, for my taste, but the forum has improved. I no longer see bullies around and I hear Zootician is gone, which I´m not convinced, but at least if he´s around he´s not bothering me.

Hi mate,

 

the forum is certainly back on track.  I realy enjoy talking to folks in here.

But it's the people that make the forum.

 

So basically WE generate the content that's worth coming to this website for

 

U2 should be paying us $50 each to be subscribing to US!!!

 

hi mick!!

i wouldnt mind getting the 50 bucks!!

but i cant judge this site since i don have too much experience with others. i just didnt wanna miss another u2 concert and a colleague advised me to get a membership cause that worked out very well for her during vertigo-tour. hey! i even took an internet-admission just for it!! (aint that a real fan???) i came across this site once before, while surfing on a friends pc, but had no idea you could subscribe or anything....

so yes, my main purpose was getting tix, which i did (using 2 presale-codes) and i started to visit the zoo to read how the presale works and read experiences from the fans using it for the first ones goin on sale. then came across some interesting discussions and met some goofy-zooladies... and i'm happy i made it in here all those months ago.

but sure, i would like there to be more; special stuff for us! it would encourage me to renew once the tour is over... i admit that!

think you all made your complaines very clear and little bashing happened, lol! i like that....seems to be the new vibe... now if only we could get this new vibe to lit the ones in charge ... wink.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And what if its just 2girls wanting their pic taken with the singer??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And what if it's just 2girls wanting their pic taken with the famous singer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
There's been a lot of talk about this old band.  They are not a rebel band.  They are just greedy, bloody greedy.

 

I don't see how you can state that "U2 are becoming greedy".  They've been a greedy band since Rattle and Hum.  Even Larry said back then, and I quote: "we f*cked up".  They did.  They got too greedy and it kinda backfired on them.  They kept themselves in check through Achtung Baby and Zooropa.  They spent more time touring and making excellent music than anything else in the years from '91 to '93.  But then when POP came out, they went back to "we f*cked up"... how many singles were released for the POP Album? The answer is rhetorical.  What matters is that they released more than enough and each song was released in at least 2 formats.  Why?  Greed:  More singles, more money. The same happened with every subsequent album since then.  What has been worse in recent times, is now they bring out different album formats.  Some of you go out and buy the different formats because you want every conceivable memorabilia that is available.  The band knows there are fans like this and so it's in their best greedy interests to exploit them. 

 

Understand this - the band are just getting greedier, not that they are "becoming greedy" because they have been greedy for many years now.

 

Use this to your advantage - A band is only as strong as it's fans.  If the fans stop buying, the band will realise they have "f*cked up".  You can help them - STOP BUYING A SUBSCRIPTION TO U2.COM because a fansite should be FREE.

hi mummy! i see you're on a mission here!

but frankly, i cant see anything wrong with bringing out more singles, or differnet formats. i even think its a way to get people to buy cd's again instead of just download them for free. i know some think thats greedy too.... but hey, everyone of us likes to get paid for their work?!

no one becomes a succesful artist in order NOT to make money... so i don mind ... (i do mind celebrities getting paid outrageous amounts - singers, actors and sportsmen... but thats modern society being fucked up and having sett weird priorities)

and its a little weird saying u2 produces all these formats cause they know the 'poor' fans 're gonna buy it... okay, i don buy it either, but i've never been the collecting type... its a hobby, and if people have the spare money and wanna use it for these things... i cant see how thats like being exploited?!

other fans travel the world to see the band play abroad, i just go as far as A'dam and paris, but hey! thats a personal choice and another way to spend your money on this band...

and i don think the OP worries bout this, the main question here is: do you get ernough value for your money here and do U2 still care for the fans? and maybe there isnt just one, true answer to that... depends on what you think youre entitled too....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And what if it's just 2girls wanting their pic taken with a famous singer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And what if it's just 2girls wanting their pic taken with a famous singer?
And what if it's not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heya! yeah interesting points have been brought up!

 

maybe bash, it might be interesting to see what the mods can say on the issue. is there any way the mods can solve certain problems. sometimes its hard to speak to the right people, but i think when people say this site has nothing to do with the band, i think thats wrong. it is the site adam posted his videos. so some band member does like to give the fans something exciting to talk about, even it is a few seconds of home made vids. adam didnt post them anywhere else apart from here, or got someone to post them on here for him.

 

i supose on evidence of the band really caring about the fans is that they put £30 tickets for the tour. quite cheap if you ask me bash! but where were those seats? nosebleed jobs? i dont know. yeah he says thanks to us for given them a great life and its good to hear, but they are all multi-millionares now and simpy can live great lives without making another penny.

 

and no offence to anyone, but people say they like to come here and chat, well what is wrong with chatting with your real friends which doesnt cost anything in the first place?

 

the way i feel is i pay by sub, waiting for a gift, only to find the main news page lags, read threads about bono's hair, and once in a while see a vid, which normally is a load of bollocks.

wow....i certainly have taken alot of sh*t for the Bono's hair thread! Just to let you all know...my tongue was planted firmly in cheek. 

  Regarding the subscription. I've only resubbed yearly...ever since I was screwed out of tickets for the vertigo tour after I let my propaganda membership lapse. I wouldn't resub more than once in a year no matter what they were giving away. I've also not paid more tha $35...so not sure about the $50 bit right now.

As far as is it worth it? To me it is because I got $55 GA tickets, and seats right behind the stage for $55 that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise. I don't pay $250 for tickts. Nobody is worth that......

I love the zoo tour cd's, the go home t-shirt, and the slane cd's.

I've only joined one other fan club...Rolling stones .com for $100...and it was such an utter ripoff that this one seems like an absolute bargain.

  AS far as the band being greedy...of course they are. But it's not just them..it's the whole corporate machine. There aren't many Kurt Cobains around...and that might be a good thing.......

  And as far as Bono's pontificating. I think he means well..........but did he really think we wanted to see that Desmond TuTu clip???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why can't "Bono" a very famous "Star", in down here Realm terms, to me he is a "star" in higher Realm terms,

sit with two young ladies, basically children, youth in his laps, why must everyone assume that he is spiritually corrupted or is somekind of "ill intentioned Man, to do this with some corrupted intentions. Why can't you believe that he is just taking a picture with fans of U2 and that he remains constant in his personality, his true self, the way he really is, why must people always think the worst. And about his marriage, I know how difficult it can get to be trying to keep a family together when there are "women" who do not respect the santity of a married man or his wife, who is a woman like the rest of humanity, my parents taught all of us, to respect ourselves and respect the feelings of other women, even strangers. I often think, that it must be extremely difficult for Ali, "Bono"s wife to deal with a spouse who is so famous, women "drooling" as some calll it, for him, his person, why can't people just love him with PURE LOVE, a kind of love that does not stain him, or alter his personal state with his family, why everything has to be "lust", desire to possess Carnal, its a human weakness that can cost us our very own souls. Even in love making, God made it so, that humans who practive the art of spiritual cleanliness, will live God, not just say they believe in God, We must fight "lust" carnal desires which are inappropiate and God is my witness, I am not going to allow myself to feel "lust" for a man that has trillions of women, man and all the others in between desiring him as a Man when he is Married. He has to be so strong in the spirit to withstand the power that it takes to fight the worldly temptations, and it must be difficult, unless he is a Live God Man type, to stay bound to ONE wife, when the world is thrown at his feet. I swear, it is this Inner Pressure of his soul, that sometimes makes me cry, scream of sadness, the thought of a spirit being bound and desiring to be free, free the self, learn and grow, while enjoying his wife and family and be happy in this state of his soul. In this case, I would say:  Think like spanish man do, everything out the door is a "good time kind of thing" everything inside the door, that is where your truth resides. Up hold his family, but the pressures of these women out the door, harrassing the man, calling, trying to run over their wives with the kids inside, well, it happened to me already, being harrassed at 3 am by some illegal woman trying to break my marriage; (today, I would wack her if she even dared to come by) and continues trying to get information on me, that fool, and then, after the men live their wives in some very well known case 16 months, and perhaps, after another woman given birth to his cheating self, and who works at the same company which is evil, that man wants you to be there for him, after you've gone thru cold winters with no heat, grabbing a sister's husband to turn on your furnace, repair your home, having to suffer in hell, even going thru a divorce, he suddenly wants you to help him, be there for him, this is crazy and evil. Right now, I am close to dying for what I know, I am sick and suffering seeying how people think one has no feelings here. Well, I want to tell you, that women should respect a married man and or woman, that families are hurting because of the lack of morals and respect for the santity of God. That many think there is no God. But, I know there is one and he is all over us and we can tap into him anytime we want.  The pressures of Bono's soul can kill me if you ask me. I do my rosaries, and I pray for him, his wife, the children and everything that is of him, but if it comes to a day when they decide to part, I wash my hand of that one. Because I feel only clean feelings for him and all that is of him, including his family. I don't envy him or anyone, I just wish people respect the family. Children suffer too much in divorce. I say to mean, what ever you do, keep it to your self, don't try to be so macho and bring it home to the family. Don't get lost out the door of your home. Home is first, your wife and children are first, and no one out the door cares for your wife, children and family. They want you and they destroy your family with no remorse.  So, All can I do is pray for him and his family as I do 2-3 times a day. Bono is not a saint, but we can support him and his cause and join him, I like that idea. Eliminate poverty and injustice. He surely does everything that is just and right and I love him for being himself and I get to learn a lot of new things with him traveling and doing his labour of love. I enjoy Bono he is ONE man in the Universe that I see  on Top of Mountain, a top I want to reach to meet him, somehow, someday. I am not ashamed to ask him for help so I can meet him, time is not on my side because of this painful slow killer, but I shall continue to ask him to help me meet him. Why not, I my car brakes, being that I don't have a husband, I ask the first man I see to assist me, Man was created for us women first.

 

Realmawake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:


mummy']There's been a lot of talk about this old band.  They are not a rebel band.  They are just greedy, bloody greedy.

 

I don't see how you can state that "U2 are
becoming
greedy".  They've been a greedy band since Rattle and Hum.  Even Larry said back then, and I quote: "we f*cked up".  They did.  They got too greedy and it kinda backfired on them.  They kept themselves in check through Achtung Baby and Zooropa.  They spent more time touring and making excellent music than anything else in the years from '91 to '93.  But then when POP came out, they went back to "we f*cked up"... how many singles were released for the POP Album? The answer is rhetorical.  What matters is that they released more than enough and each song was released in at least 2 formats.  Why?  Greed:  More singles, more money. The same happened with every subsequent album since then.  What has been worse in recent times, is now they bring out different album formats.  Some of you go out and buy the different formats because you want every conceivable memorabilia that is available.  The band knows there are fans like this and so it's in their best greedy interests to exploit them. 

 

Understand this
- the band are just getting greedier, not that they are "becoming greedy" because they have been greedy for many years now.

 

Use this to your advantage
- A band is only as strong as it's fans.  If the fans stop buying, the band will realise they have "f*cked up".  You can help them - STOP BUYING A SUBSCRIPTION TO U2.COM because a fansite should be FREE.

hi mummy! i see you're on a mission here!

but frankly, i cant see anything wrong with bringing out more singles, or differnet formats. i even think its a way to get people to buy cd's again instead of just download them for free. i know some think thats greedy too.... but hey, everyone of us likes to get paid for their work?!

no one becomes a succesful artist in order NOT to make money... so i don mind ... (i do mind celebrities getting paid outrageous amounts - singers, actors and sportsmen... but thats modern society being fucked up and having sett weird priorities)

and its a little weird saying u2 produces all these formats cause they know the 'poor' fans 're gonna buy it... okay, i don buy it either, but i've never been the collecting type... its a hobby, and if people have the spare money and wanna use it for these things... i cant see how thats like being exploited?!

other fans travel the world to see the band play abroad, i just go as far as A'dam and paris, but hey! thats a personal choice and another way to spend your money on this band...

and i don think the OP worries bout this, the main question here is: do you get ernough value for your money here and do U2 still care for the fans? and maybe there isnt just one, true answer to that... depends on what you think youre entitled too....

I see where you are coming from babs.  What I love about arguments is that for every one, there is a counter-argument.  It's a bit like action and reaction. wink.gif

 

I guess I used to be one of those fans who used to collect everything that U2 put out in music terms. I'd buy all their albums and all their singles and then I'd buy the unofficial live stuff just so that I had every piece of music that they ever issued, even if any of their songs were a whole load of shite. But then I started to get pissed off with the huge amount of single formats, the so-called limited edition singles, the so-called limited edition albums and the so-called limited edition DVDs.  Now I buy nothing except the main album and even then I'm starting to wonder would I even buy them anymore.

 

On a note regarding "limited edition" or "special edition" or any other kind of "edition":  I don't believe it exists anymore since the invention of P2P software.  Such software removed the word "limit" from any form of media.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='petermullen wrote:


MacFoley']heya! yeah interesting points have been brought up!

 

maybe bash, it might be interesting to see what the mods can say on the issue. is there any way the mods can solve certain problems. sometimes its hard to speak to the right people, but i think when people say this site has nothing to do with the band, i think thats wrong. it is the site adam posted his videos. so some band member does like to give the fans something exciting to talk about, even it is a few seconds of home made vids. adam didnt post them anywhere else apart from here, or got someone to post them on here for him.

 

i supose on evidence of the band really caring about the fans is that they put £30 tickets for the tour. quite cheap if you ask me bash! but where were those seats? nosebleed jobs? i dont know. yeah he says thanks to us for given them a great life and its good to hear, but they are all multi-millionares now and simpy can live great lives without making another penny.

 

and no offence to anyone, but people say they like to come here and chat, well what is wrong with chatting with your real friends which doesnt cost anything in the first place?

 

the way i feel is i pay by sub, waiting for a gift, only to find the main news page lags, read threads about bono's hair, and once in a while see a vid, which normally is a load of bollocks.

wow....i certainly have taken alot of sh*t for the Bono's hair thread! Just to let you all know...my tongue was planted firmly in cheek. 

  Regarding the subscription. I've only resubbed yearly...ever since I was screwed out of tickets for the vertigo tour after I let my propaganda membership lapse. I wouldn't resub more than once in a year no matter what they were giving away. I've also not paid more tha $35...so not sure about the $50 bit right now.

As far as is it worth it? To me it is because I got $55 GA tickets, and seats right behind the stage for $55 that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise. I don't pay $250 for tickts. Nobody is worth that......

I love the zoo tour cd's, the go home t-shirt, and the slane cd's.

I've only joined one other fan club...Rolling stones .com for $100...and it was such an utter ripoff that this one seems like an absolute bargain.

  AS far as the band being greedy...of course they are. But it's not just them..it's the whole corporate machine. There aren't many Kurt Cobains around...and that might be a good thing.......

  And as far as Bono's pontificating. I think he means well..........but did he really think we wanted to see that Desmond TuTu clip???

Now there was one gift that was good the t-shirt it should be more things like that lithos t-shirts things that are not easily replicated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Why can't "Bono" .....

 

Realmawake

Without quoting your bible on Bono, I'd just like to say this about you Realm.  In all your praises of Bono, never once have you crossed the line that invades the sanctity of his marriage.  I respect you a lot for that.  I hadn't noticed before until now, but after reading what you wrote there about him, and thinking back to the other stuff you wrote about him, never once have you crossed that line.  Yes, you do tend to "power-praise" him, but you never talk about getting your wicked way with him in the sexual sense.  Respect, realm.  Respect. smile.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='mick james wrote:


basher1 wrote:

bonosbaby25 wrote:

MacFoley']nah it dont bb. it pains me to say this, but u2 are not on top of my live bands list. even if they bring out another tour, there are other bands i want to see next ahead of u2. this is mainly due to the fact i said earlier that my dream was to see them play 3 foot away from me, now that dream has been complete with radio one gig, the myth of u2 has kind of been broken and so up close you see them as 4 blokes. normal blokes. not gods. and with u2 of late i feel they seem to bury themselves in the production side where set lists suffer.

 

im straying now lol, but yeah. i think if u2 themselves dont get it right in terms of sales etc, i think it will be the end, or could be the end. what else has bono got left to say apart from the things we dont know about already.

 

and the vinyl is tight!

I know what you mean Mac.. I wasn't blown away by the shows last year.. the very first time that has happened.. I left the gigs feeling empty.. which was scarey.. 

 

Oi/.....i was at 2 of those with you........boring am i......
tongue.gif

 

You didn't have that bloody kilt on did ya?

 

lol - it didn't have anything to do with the company at the gigs..(or what the company was or wasn't wearing, Mick.. lol) it was the feeling I got.. which just wasn't the same as the countless times I've seen them before.. 'something' just wasn't there..

 

Maybe it was me.. I did have lots on my mind at the time.. and I am so hoping that that special 'something' is at Glastonbury when I see the boys in June..

 

I've been a member of the U2 fanclub since way back.. (propaganda) and I will probably continue to pay for that 'pleasure' but I have to admit to feeling let down just now by the lack of value for money from this website.. and as been said before.. it's the official site, so U2 are to blame.. not Live Nation... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='bonosbaby25 wrote:


mick james wrote:

basher1 wrote:

bonosbaby25 wrote:

MacFoley']nah it dont bb. it pains me to say this, but u2 are not on top of my live bands list. even if they bring out another tour, there are other bands i want to see next ahead of u2. this is mainly due to the fact i said earlier that my dream was to see them play 3 foot away from me, now that dream has been complete with radio one gig, the myth of u2 has kind of been broken and so up close you see them as 4 blokes. normal blokes. not gods. and with u2 of late i feel they seem to bury themselves in the production side where set lists suffer.

 

im straying now lol, but yeah. i think if u2 themselves dont get it right in terms of sales etc, i think it will be the end, or could be the end. what else has bono got left to say apart from the things we dont know about already.

 

and the vinyl is tight!

I know what you mean Mac.. I wasn't blown away by the shows last year.. the very first time that has happened.. I left the gigs feeling empty.. which was scarey.. 

 

Oi/.....i was at 2 of those with you........boring am i......
tongue.gif

 

You didn't have that bloody kilt on did ya?

 

lol - it didn't have anything to do with the company at the gigs..(or what the company was or wasn't wearing, Mick.. lol) it was the feeling I got.. which just wasn't the same as the countless times I've seen them before.. 'something' just wasn't there..

 

Maybe it was me.. I did have lots on my mind at the time.. and I am so hoping that that special 'something' is at Glastonbury when I see the boys in June..

 

I've been a member of the U2 fanclub since way back.. (propaganda) and I will probably continue to pay for that 'pleasure' but I have to admit to feeling let down just now by the lack of value for money from this website.. and as been said before.. it's the official site, so U2 are to blame.. not Live Nation... 

 

Dawn think back to when we went to see u23d together we both agreed something was missing from that also.....i do agree that something was missing from the gigs last year i mean Dublin my head was up my arse so that gets discounted but yeah Glasgow (apart from me mulls and marie jumping about like looneys with sam while john laughed at us) and Sheffield there was something missing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LOL!  ((((Bash)))) ((((Mick)))) ((((Spicy)))) Thanks!  You guy are the reason I keep coming here; my friends and the U2 community.
 
The bottom line question is this; is this fan club worth the price of admission? Not really.  But we all still keep renewing anyway.  All the of issues listed here are nothing new.  For years now people have been asking for and complaining about these very same things, yet nothing really changes.  The price of admission continues to go up every year, though and we all still keep coming back. Why is that? I guess because we are U2 fans and this is the U2 fan club?  Just a guess. Despite the same complaints year after year, this is the first year that people are serious about it and haven't been renewing their memberships.  I wasn't going to renew mine, but in the end, I did anyhow.  Don't beat yourself up Spicy, I did the same thing. If you're a jerk for renewing than I am too.
 
If you consider the money made from all of the memberships to this fan club and this site at $40 to $50 a pop, you're talking quite a bit of money. What does all that money fund? I just can't see the cost of making a remix CD costing that much and presale codes don't cost anything to give and in turn more money is made when fans/members use those codes to buy concert tickets.  We buy the albums, the T-shirts, collector's items and other assorted memorabilia at the concerts and from the U2 shop.  Where is all that money being spent? Certainly not here or the running of this fan club or this site. I could be wrong but it doesn't seem so.
 
Back to the bottom line; what are we getting for the price of admission?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL!  ((((Bash)))) ((((Mick)))) ((((Spicy)))) Thanks!  You guy are the reason I keep coming here; my friends and the U2 community.
 
The bottom line question is this; is this fan club worth the price of admission? Not really.  But we all still keep renewing anyway.  All the of issues listed here are nothing new.  For years now people have been asking for and complaining about these very same things, yet nothing really changes.  The price of admission continues to go up every year, though and we all still keep coming back. Why is that? I guess because we are U2 fans and this is the U2 fan club?  Just a guess. Despite the same complaints year after year, this is the first year that people are serious about it and haven't been renewing their memberships.  I wasn't going to renew mine, but in the end, I did anyhow.  Don't beat yourself up Spicy, I did the same thing. If you're a jerk for renewing than I am too.
 
If you consider the money made from all of the memberships to this fan club and this site at $40 to $50 a pop, you're talking quite a bit of money. What does all that money fund? I just can't see the cost of making a remix CD costing that much and presale codes don't cost anything to give and in turn more money is made when fans/members use those codes to buy concert tickets.  We buy the albums, the T-shirts, collector's items and other assorted memorabilia at the concerts and from the U2 shop.  Where is all that money being spent? Certainly not here or the running of this fan club or this site. I could be wrong but it doesn't seem so.
 
Back to the bottom line; what are we getting for the price of admission?
Exactly Kell.....see this is why i love you so much straight to the point no pissin about.

 

Every point there is a valid one and i really do think that everyone that has posted on here (well nearly everyone...lol) should get some sort of explanation to the questions/concerns they have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...