Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basher1

Totally Disgraceful......

Basher never wears pants.

Okay... I admit it... that's the real reason I still come here. tongue.gif

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

bonosbaby25 wrote:

mick james wrote:

basher1 wrote:

bonosbaby25 wrote:

MacFoley']nah it dont bb. it pains me to say this, but u2 are not on top of my live bands list. even if they bring out another tour, there are other bands i want to see next ahead of u2. this is mainly due to the fact i said earlier that my dream was to see them play 3 foot away from me, now that dream has been complete with radio one gig, the myth of u2 has kind of been broken and so up close you see them as 4 blokes. normal blokes. not gods. and with u2 of late i feel they seem to bury themselves in the production side where set lists suffer.

im straying now lol, but yeah. i think if u2 themselves dont get it right in terms of sales etc, i think it will be the end, or could be the end. what else has bono got left to say apart from the things we dont know about already.

and the vinyl is tight!

I know what you mean Mac.. I wasn't blown away by the shows last year.. the very first time that has happened.. I left the gigs feeling empty.. which was scarey.. 

Oi/.....i was at 2 of those with you........boring am i......
tongue.gif

You didn't have that bloody kilt on did ya?

lol - it didn't have anything to do with the company at the gigs..(or what the company was or wasn't wearing, Mick.. lol) it was the feeling I got.. which just wasn't the same as the countless times I've seen them before.. 'something' just wasn't there..

Maybe it was me.. I did have lots on my mind at the time.. and I am so hoping that that special 'something' is at Glastonbury when I see the boys in June..

I've been a member of the U2 fanclub since way back.. (propaganda) and I will probably continue to pay for that 'pleasure' but I have to admit to feeling let down just now by the lack of value for money from this website.. and as been said before.. it's the official site, so U2 are to blame.. not Live Nation... 

Dawn think back to when we went to see u23d together we both agreed something was missing from that also.....i do agree that something was missing from the gigs last year i mean Dublin my head was up my arse so that gets discounted but yeah Glasgow (apart from me mulls and marie jumping about like looneys with sam while john laughed at us) and Sheffield there was something missing.

U23D just didn't do it for me, Bash.. my last show before that was Miami.. maybe I was spoiled with that?? I really don't know what is wrong.. Maybe the passion isn't there anymore? Maybe it's just me.. Maybe it was all just way too BIG.. I really don't know..

I do know that by offering the 'exclusive' songs from Artificial Horizon to the general public on vinyl has made a mockery of the re-sub gift.. how can they justify asking us to pay $50 for the 'exclusive' cd when they are letting everyone have the chance of the 'exclusive' songs??

[quote name='ceallach67 wrote:

mick james']

Basher never wears pants.

Okay... I admit it... that's the real reason I still come here. tongue.gif

I KNEW IT,...........lol

Uncle B, this thread alone is reason enough for you to re-sub....bloody good read mate!

[quote name='bonosbaby25 wrote:

basher1 wrote:

bonosbaby25 wrote:

mick james wrote:

basher1 wrote:

bonosbaby25 wrote:

MacFoley']nah it dont bb. it pains me to say this, but u2 are not on top of my live bands list. even if they bring out another tour, there are other bands i want to see next ahead of u2. this is mainly due to the fact i said earlier that my dream was to see them play 3 foot away from me, now that dream has been complete with radio one gig, the myth of u2 has kind of been broken and so up close you see them as 4 blokes. normal blokes. not gods. and with u2 of late i feel they seem to bury themselves in the production side where set lists suffer.

im straying now lol, but yeah. i think if u2 themselves dont get it right in terms of sales etc, i think it will be the end, or could be the end. what else has bono got left to say apart from the things we dont know about already.

and the vinyl is tight!

I know what you mean Mac.. I wasn't blown away by the shows last year.. the very first time that has happened.. I left the gigs feeling empty.. which was scarey.. 

Oi/.....i was at 2 of those with you........boring am i......
tongue.gif

You didn't have that bloody kilt on did ya?

lol - it didn't have anything to do with the company at the gigs..(or what the company was or wasn't wearing, Mick.. lol) it was the feeling I got.. which just wasn't the same as the countless times I've seen them before.. 'something' just wasn't there..

Maybe it was me.. I did have lots on my mind at the time.. and I am so hoping that that special 'something' is at Glastonbury when I see the boys in June..

I've been a member of the U2 fanclub since way back.. (propaganda) and I will probably continue to pay for that 'pleasure' but I have to admit to feeling let down just now by the lack of value for money from this website.. and as been said before.. it's the official site, so U2 are to blame.. not Live Nation... 

Dawn think back to when we went to see u23d together we both agreed something was missing from that also.....i do agree that something was missing from the gigs last year i mean Dublin my head was up my arse so that gets discounted but yeah Glasgow (apart from me mulls and marie jumping about like looneys with sam while john laughed at us) and Sheffield there was something missing.

U23D just didn't do it for me, Bash.. my last show before that was Miami.. maybe I was spoiled with that?? I really don't know what is wrong.. Maybe the passion isn't there anymore? Maybe it's just me.. Maybe it was all just way too BIG.. I really don't know..

I do know that by offering the 'exclusive' songs from Artificial Horizon to the general public on vinyl has made a mockery of the re-sub gift.. how can they justify asking us to pay $50 for the 'exclusive' cd when they are letting everyone have the chance of the 'exclusive' songs??

I always thought you couldn't get into u23d or the gigs we were at because you were so in awe of standing with me ye were giddy.......lol

But yeah yer last paragraph is spot on there mate how can something be "exclusive" to subbers when its going to be available to everyone. but i know how much these guys mean to you and other collectors and i know you and them will buy the Lp's and i think u2  know this too.

Also i'd be really interested to know what other collectors think about all this

Uncle B, this thread alone is reason enough for you to re-sub....bloody good read mate!
Nah T-bag i fell out of love for this mob once im gonna make sure it doesn't happen again.

We should collectively pay for Basher's resub!

Kristaps....I don't think the money is the issue for Uncle B...it is the principle....

Thank goodness for Facebook tho :-)......

Uncle B, just don't fall out of love with us peons...pretty please.

Kristaps....I don't think the money is the issue for Uncle B...it is the principle....

Thank goodness for Facebook tho :-)......

Uncle B, just don't fall out of love with us peons...pretty please.

lol....never t-bag.

and to tell the truth i would find the money to re-sub but i really do think its a waste of cash now to pay to be here.....as t-bag says FB is free.

true story,

in desperation on the vertigo tour, ticketless, I tried to use my metal U2 card to get me into one of the shows at madison square garden. Didn't work....but if it did that would have been cool.

all you need is a red guitar then
i dont need 3 chords to tell the truth what i do want is value for money.

love or money (it's in the song)
again value for money if i spend my hard earned cash on something i expect a good service.

In fact if anyone would like to subscribe to me, I'll do it for $45 bucks and I'll even give you a discount on your second year.

I'll also include a limited edition CD of some of my best remixes, and I'll set up a hotmail for you! Get your own genuine @mickjames email here folks!

I'll give you a presale code for cheap admission into my next gig, or house party

and I promise you'll get your CD on time!

Ok....i'm in...could you show me the link?

as I said before...i've not got alot of experience with other corporate fan websites...but the other one I belonged too...which cost more...same exact arguments. Other fan run sites had more information quicker, etc...and they were free. They dangle the same carrots. It's really all about the presale codes Without that they couldn't charge a cent.

I think if you join a corportate website...that's what you get, a corporate website. Some people get more out of it than others. Honestly I think this is jsut another check in the mail for the band....and maybe a bit more for the management and promoters

and spicy....if those was paparazzi that took that picture, bono looks pretty happy to see them! No sean penn moments there!

as I said before...i've not got alot of experience with other corporate fan websites...but the other one I belonged too...which cost more...same exact arguments. Other fan run sites had more information quicker, etc...and they were free. They dangle the same carrots. It's really all about the presale codes Without that they couldn't charge a cent.

I think if you join a corportate website...that's what you get, a corporate website. Some people get more out of it than others. Honestly I think this is jsut another check in the mail for the band....and maybe a bit more for the management and promoters

and spicy....if those was paparazzi that took that picture, bono looks pretty happy to see them! No sean penn moments there!

and what about those years where u2 DONT tour and there are no presale codes. pre-sale codes should not justify if you should become a member or not, its just by chance that u2 are touring we get presale codes. what if u2 were never going to tour again.

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

petermullen']as I said before...i've not got alot of experience with other corporate fan websites...but the other one I belonged too...which cost more...same exact arguments. Other fan run sites had more information quicker, etc...and they were free. They dangle the same carrots. It's really all about the presale codes Without that they couldn't charge a cent.

and what about those years where u2 DONT tour and there are no presale codes. pre-sale codes should not justify if you should become a member or not, its just by chance that u2 are touring we get presale codes. what if u2 were never going to tour again.

well as i said before for the big stadium gigs getting a ticket GA or otherwise was not a problem for vertigo or 360 tours. i got a ticket at face value from ticket-tossers no problem so to me the pre-sale codes are worthless......if it was an arena tour well thats a diferent story altogether.

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

petermullen']as I said before...i've not got alot of experience with other corporate fan websites...but the other one I belonged too...which cost more...same exact arguments. Other fan run sites had more information quicker, etc...and they were free. They dangle the same carrots. It's really all about the presale codes Without that they couldn't charge a cent.

i agree ...but that's the way it is. I only joined every year because i thought I might get screwed by interrupting my longevity...as i had been screwed in the past. If nobody paid there wouldn't be a problem. But then again if tickmetmaster weren't corrupt we also wouldn't be having this conversation, probably. i wouldn't be surprised if ticketmaster gets a part of the $50........

O2 customers in the UK can get presale as well now on some tickets i've noticed maybe i'm wrong but thought i'd just throw that one in!

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

well as i said before for the big stadium gigs getting a ticket GA or otherwise was not a problem for vertigo or 360 tours. i got a ticket at face value from ticket-tossers no problem so to me the pre-sale codes are worthless......if it was an arena tour well thats a diferent story altogether.

well...I didn't want to take the chance, has always been difficult getting good tickets around NY/Boston,stadium or not.....so to me the 35/40 a year has been worth it. Even in the years with no shows/presales, the Cd's and shirt made it easier to swallow. No doubt there are plenty of people getting rich off our loyalty, though. Hopefully they are spending our money wisely (in their personal lives, i mean...since it's obviously not being reinvested on the website)

O2 customers in the UK can get presale as well now on some tickets i've noticed maybe i'm wrong but thought i'd just throw that one in!

You get that with barclaycard too depending on the venue and who's playing but never been anyone i want to see!

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

Claire T']

You get that with barclaycard too depending on the venue and who's playing but never been anyone i want to see!

Club Wembley did U2 pre-sales before the site did.

alot of the venues have their own presales...but i think its a different allotment of tickets....

LadyBonBon.jpg?t=1269265055

Lady Bon Bon.

That's all I have to say.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LADY BON BON HAHAA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA IM LAUGHING MY ASS OFF RIGHT NOW, LMAO!!!!! YIKES!!!! THAT PIC HAS SCARRED ME FOR LIFE NOW, HAHAHAHAHA. I AM DEEPLY SCARED AND SCARRED. LMAO

WOW, HAHA