Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basher1

Totally Disgraceful......

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

basher1 wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

basher1']well looks like another wonderful fuck up by u2.com everyones getting emails saying 30 days to re-sub./.......ya gotta laugh......go on laugh i know ya want to.

I'd laugh if it all weren't so sad.  The saddest part of it is atu2.com is on top of this issue,too before U2.com is. How sad is that? This is a U2.com problem and people are getting news about it from atu2.com.  What's wrong with that picture?

Now lets see people defend..........

what a total joke this place has become Kell.....im like you i have loved meeting and chatting to most folk on here but enoughs enough i finish here on 29th may (unless i get booted out) and that'll be that for me....xxxx

Gonna be sad here without you, Bash.
:(

You know,  each year in the past when these issues came up, I was on the other side of things. I defended this site and the band and all of that. I was always saying that I thought things would improve with the "new board" or the "new tour" and just flat out defended everything.  I honestly can't do it anymore and it saddens me.  *sigh*
it's ok Kell we'll run riot through FB instead.....lol

LOL! Yeah, I know we will. :P

I dont know if you can see this people but over the past 8 months I along with others have been talking down this site. It is a reflection of the band and so to that extent it is U2. Look, these Mofos are already trying to sensor my ass and I havent been here in months. WTF is up with the lines through my post!! SHITE SHITE SHITE!!!!!

Roll on Chicago only because of the people I have met...fuck I sent and listen to U2 in bar if all they want is my money!!!

I dont know if you can see this people but over the past 8 months I along with others have been talking down this site. It is a reflection of the band and so to that extent it is U2. Look, these Mofos are already trying to sensor my ass and I havent been here in months. WTF is up with the lines through my post!! SHITE SHITE SHITE!!!!!

Roll on Chicago only because of the people I have met...fuck I sent and listen to U2 in bar if all they want is my money!!!

no offence but if you are going to swear in everything you say what do you expect and don't blame U2 for it as they never come here!

WOW Brian thats the first time ive seen that happen lines through the words.......better of with No Lines.....

You are so right Claire!!! U2 never comes here so they dont know what kind of shit hole this place has turned into these days. You know I have good mine to be a smart ass here with you but I have been around this U2 block for almost a decade now I know the U2 Gestapo when I see one. That's my first post here in months because you cant come here an vent your frustrations without the U2 Gestapo coming out crying about it's not U2. You ever heard the statement "Let people be where they need to be." You should try it sometime!

BTW I'm out again but to all my peeps here that I dont see you FB....What's up!!!! See you in Chicago!!!

Wow...my swearing got the lines fixed in my message!!!

You are so right Claire!!! U2 never comes here so they dont know what kind of shit hole this place has turned into these days. You know I have good mine to be a smart ass here with you but I have been around this U2 block for almost a decade now I know the U2 Gestapo when I see one. That's my first post here in months because you cant come here an vent your frustrations without the U2 Gestapo coming out crying about it's not U2. You ever heard the statement "Let people be where they need to be." You should try it sometime!

BTW I'm out again but to all my peeps here that I dont see you FB....What's up!!!! See you in Chicago!!!

hope you ain't calling me U2 Gestapo coz I'd never class myself as that!

I'm really liking @U2 site. Really good info and articles. Far better run than here. Is there forum any good?

Brian, nice to see you.  long time no chat.  I hope all is well with yah.  :-)

PS - you have more patience than me.

Claire, I think you are best not making comments about stuff you have no background info on.  I know, it can be difficult to bridle the tongue.  FYI - you are not the gestapo.

havent been on here for a few months but totaly agree about being ripped off.

now im getting emails telling me i need to renew my membership in 30 days yet it doesnt run out till october,and it wont be getting renewed,the biggest band in the world who cant employ some one that can count,

in here is just one rip off after another.

one question WHERE DOES ALL THE MONEY FROM THE MEMBERSHIP FEES GO,as it must be a pretty penny

Is there a difference between U2 Gestapo and U2 Nazi???
yes Gestapo get to wear high heels.

[quote name='mummy wrote:

Bloodyday7']

Claire, I think you are best not making comments about stuff you have no background info on.  I know, it can be difficult to bridle the tongue.  FYI - you are not the gestapo.

oh right one it was only a question and two i'm sorry that i may not know everything like your good self but no need to talk down to me like I know nothing

people like you need to get your head out of your arses! (Let me guess you were a fan since 2000bc and you think you have the right to treat everyone like shit coz of it)

if someone says something that may not know nothing about then don't insult them. You have done that twice to me now and I don't like it!

[quote name='Claire T wrote:

mummy wrote:

Bloodyday7']

oh right one it was only a question and two i'm sorry that i may not know everything like your good self but no need to talk down to me like I know nothing

people like you need to get your head out of your arses! (Let me guess you were a fan since 2000bc and you think you have the right to treat everyone like shit coz of it)

if someone says something that may not know nothing about then don't insult them. You have done that twice to me now and I don't like it!

Guys i know im one of the first in here to rip someone apart....BUT......

This thread has been a great place for people to vent about the origional subject lets not get it closed eh.

Yeah, I got one of those phone renewal emails and actually came on here to check in for the first time in ages, and to respond to any PMs and such before my subscription ran out, as I had no plan to re-up. But I'm actually okay for another entire year. Which I suppose is good since I do have tickets for Vienna in August (or September? too tired...) and it might be helpful to have access to the subscribers' section if there are any problems.

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

Claire T wrote:

mummy wrote:

Bloodyday7']

This thread has been a great place for people to vent about the origional subject lets not get it closed eh.

Sorry Basher the guy has just wound me up believe me wanted to say more but bit my tongue hard! Wont say anymore about it! There's always PM

[quote name='Claire T wrote:

basher1 wrote:

Claire T wrote:

mummy wrote:

Bloodyday7']

Sorry Basher the guy has just wound me up believe me wanted to say more but bit my tongue hard! Wont say anymore about it! There's always PM

No bother Claire i just dont want this closed down or you both getting into bother.

You all deserve better treatment for the money you have all spent over the years here.

http://click.bsftransmit2...rKaZQfviRTGIVp8gbuQ%2f0w href="http://click.bsftransmit2.com/ViewInBrowser.aspx?pubids=6168%7c713%7c937219&digest=rKaZQfviRTGIVp8gbuQ%2f0w">

http://click.bsftransmit2...t=TcrIsAIgOjduxoRy9begBg href="http://click.bsftransmit2.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=6168%7c7176%7c937219&digest=TcrIsAIgOjduxoRy9begBg">http://click.bsftransmit2...t=TcrIsAIgOjduxoRy9begBg style="TEXT-DECORATION: none; text-underline: none">

Not wishing to add fuel to the fire, my mate Mark recieved this email and asked me to share it with you so there you go....

23 March, 2010

http://click.bsftransmit2...qQgQBYVd%2fZPeEk%2fB%2bQ href="http://click.bsftransmit2.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=6168%7c7177%7c937219&digest=tAW6qQgQBYVd%2fZPeEk%2fB%2bQ">http://click.bsftransmit2...qQgQBYVd%2fZPeEk%2fB%2bQ style="TEXT-DECORATION: none; text-underline: none">ah_cover.jpg

Dear Mark,

Not sure if you noticed but we've made a mistake. We were trying to remind a few of you that your subscription was coming to an end and it went to some folks it shouldn't have and now we've got you all confused!

Apologies for this and to clarify the expiry date for your U2.com subscription is: 26 March 2010.

best wishes

U2.com Team

This email is sent from

Live Nation Entertainment

2 Bryant Street

San Francisco, CA 94105

You are receiving this email because you opted into the U2.Com email list. If you would like to stop receiving emails from us, please http://click.bsftransmit2...rKaZQfviRTGIVp8gbuQ%2f0w href="http://click.bsftransmit2.com/OptOut.aspx?pubids=6168%7c713%7c937219&digest=rKaZQfviRTGIVp8gbuQ%2f0w">http://click.bsftransmit2...rKaZQfviRTGIVp8gbuQ%2f0w color=red>http://click.bsftransmit2...rKaZQfviRTGIVp8gbuQ%2f0w style="COLOR: red">click here to unsubscribe.

Not wishing to add fuel to the fire my mate asked me to share this email with you he received from .com

Dear *******,

Not sure if you noticed but we've made a mistake. We were trying to remind a few of you that your subscription was coming to an end and it went to some folks it shouldn't have and now we've got you all confused!

Apologies for this and to clarify the expiry date for your U2.com subscription is: 26 March 2010.

best wishes
U2.com Team

make of it what you willembarassed.gif

Not wishing to add fuel to the fire my mate asked me to share this email with you he received from .com

Dear *******,

best wishes

U2.com Team

make of it what you willembarassed.gif

30 days notice is bad enough, but 2 days notice - well that's just taking the mickey! roll.gif

as for the £30 tickets ive never actually spoken to anyone who had one.

I had 30 euro tix in Amsterdam last year ... seats were behind the stage up in the second ring of the stadium.

Wasn't all too happy with it but they were the only tix i could get my hands on at that time.

But all in all, looking at it afterwards ... to me they were great seats, even though behind the stage.  We saw much more of the stage itself than ohers did who were on the other side of the arena with 87 euro's and + tix.

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

xtraspicy62 wrote:

petermullen wrote:

MacFoley']heya! yeah interesting points have been brought up!

maybe bash, it might be interesting to see what the mods can say on the issue. is there any way the mods can solve certain problems. sometimes its hard to speak to the right people, but i think when people say this site has nothing to do with the band, i think thats wrong. it is the site adam posted his videos. so some band member does like to give the fans something exciting to talk about, even it is a few seconds of home made vids. adam didnt post them anywhere else apart from here, or got someone to post them on here for him.

i supose on evidence of the band really caring about the fans is that they put £30 tickets for the tour. quite cheap if you ask me bash! but where were those seats? nosebleed jobs? i dont know. yeah he says thanks to us for given them a great life and its good to hear, but they are all multi-millionares now and simpy can live great lives without making another penny.

and no offence to anyone, but people say they like to come here and chat, well what is wrong with chatting with your real friends which doesnt cost anything in the first place?

the way i feel is i pay by sub, waiting for a gift, only to find the main news page lags, read threads about bono's hair, and once in a while see a vid, which normally is a load of bollocks.

peter, i never saw u2 before this past summer. In fact i hadnt heard of them until last year! I was told by the people I know who are big fans of live music, that the tickets are really hard to get. worse, i heard that  they sold out in minutes.

I was told to check out this website to see if i could get some pre sale codes, so i did, decided to join and got the codes.

Seeing a band like U2 and hearing about their legendary concerts, was gonna be the most exciting thing i had ever done in my life.

Terrified i would never get to see them at least once in my life, I sat in front of the computer for 6 hours before they went on sale.

I kept checking and rechecking to make sure i had the CST correct and that my presale code was correct and memorized.

when the time approached i started to log in early just to see how it all worked.

when i finally got in, my hands were shaking and my heart pounding...

when I got a single ticket, I had a migraine from all the stress...

when i got to chicago and after i passed through the turnstyle....I SCREAMED FOR ABSOLUTE TOTAL JOY!!!!!

ohhhh...spicy! exactly my story!! (shaking hands, pounding heart, ready in front off pc hours in advance.eek.gif.eek.gif., checking and rechecking!! lol!!)

i got the hint from a colleague, who had tried toget tix for previous shows but didnt succeed... then came the vertigo-tour and she and a friend subscribed here and got the tix very easy with the presale-code!

and i didnt wanna take the risk to miss out on tix (as i'm not the 'hip-e-bay-cyberbabe' who knows her way around the internet to find stuff, but the sucker who would get ripped off probablysick.gif...) i feared that maybe it would be the last tour...my only chance to see them life( after watching the tour-dvd's for all those years, wishing i was standing there, in the cheering crowd....)

happy.gifso the presale was well worth the money, for me! but maybe not for guys like bash, mac, and others who would prob find tix anyway....know the feeling when ordering tix ... same story here !

the subscription was very worth while for me ... got the tix for paris in a flash ... about the exact seats i was aiming for

I tried to download Window in the Skies recently from iTunes and noticed it was blocked for single download - you had to buy the entire greatest hits album. Who does this hurt? - the longtime fans like me who have already bought and paid for the greatest hits when they were released on their original albums. That's Disgraceful!!