Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basher1

Totally Disgraceful......

Hai thar long time fan and welcome to 2006!

That's old news and most of us already know that's iTunes fault, not U2's. But thanks for whining!

I realize it's old news but U2 could fix it right? They could sell it for download on U2.com? No?

But it's never U2's fault is it Panth? - you're obviously one of those loyal saps that doesn't mind constantly being pissed upon - U2 love$ you. But thanks for acquiescing!

But thanks for whining!

I laughed my ass off at this panth.  That was funny! roll.gif

[quote name='mummy wrote:

Panth'] But thanks for whining!

I laughed my ass off at this panth.  That was funny! roll.gif

Really? 'Cause while I love Panth,  I thought it was out of line.

This entire thread is people stating their issues with everything.  Many have posted their concerns.  Yet when people who don't post here everyday come in with an issue, they're jumped on?

Seriously, people?

Can't anyone just post what they have to say without having to insult anyone anymore? 

I realize it's old news but U2 could fix it right? They could sell it for download on U2.com? No?

But it's never U2's fault is it Panth? - you're obviously one of those loyal saps that doesn't mind constantly being pissed upon - U2 love$ you. But thanks for acquiescing!

Well, I don't know if U2 could fix it if it's an iTunes issue.  Don't know... just guessing.

But yeah, it could be made available here for download, I suppose. That would make for a good suggestion as things we'd like to see improved on here at U2.com.

[quote name='ceallach67 wrote:

mummy wrote:

I laughed my ass off at this panth.  That was funny!
roll.gif

This entire thread is people stating their issues with everything.  Many have posted their concerns.  Yet when people who don't post here everyday come in with an issue, they're jumped on?

Seriously, people?

Can't anyone just post what they have to say without having to insult anyone anymore? 

I guess it's the way you look at it.  i thought he was just being funny.  If he was being insulting to the previous user, I apologise for laughing.

From my perspective, I thought this thread was all about whining ... for the most part people are whining about the site within this thread.  I'm not saying that's a bad thing but I just associated panth's comment as being a way of welcoming the new user to the rest of us that are whining.

So again, apologies for laughing if panth's comment was to insult (because I didn't think it to be so).

You got to admit, it's hard to express humor through words because it can't convey tone & pitch in voice, or facial expression.

ceallach67 wrote:

mummy wrote:

roll.gif

Seriously, people?

I guess it's the way you look at it.  i thought he was just being funny.  If he was being insulting to the previous user, I apologise for laughing.

From my perspective, I thought this thread was all about whining ... for the most part people are whining about the site within this thread.  I'm not saying that's a bad thing but I just associated panth's comment as being a way of welcoming the new user to the rest of us that are whining.

So again, apologies for laughing if panth's comment was to insult (because I didn't think it to be so).

You got to admit, it's hard to express humor through words because it can't convey tone & pitch in voice, or facial expression.

I agree %100 with cellach67....it was a very condescending thing to say....no 2 ways about it. A little respect goes a long way, no matter what your opinion is.....

i just read a blog by someone who has posted alot of very interesting stuff....venting about being talked down to because she hasn't been in here for years.

That's not to say its not ok to disagree...just do it with respect if possible....

ceallach67 wrote:

mummy wrote:

roll.gif

Seriously, people?

No i did not start this thread so people could have a whine i started it becuase as much as i love this band i feel i (im not going to say we because i dont speak for everyone) am being taken for a fool.

this particular version of u2.com has been up and running for over a year now and there are still loads of tech glitches.....people not being able to actually get into the place is one of the major ones.

i suppose i was hoping (no such luck) that this thread and the people in it may actually get some kind of response or some action being taken to resolve all the shit.

As for Panth well ive know panth pretty much since the day i got here 5 years ago and i have always loved the wee funny things he says.....and i think he was being funny as opposed to being nasty.

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

mummy wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

mummy wrote:

roll.gif

Seriously, people?

No i did not start this thread so people could have a whine i started it becuase as much as i love this band i feel i (im not going to say we because i dont speak for everyone) am being taken for a fool.

this particular version of u2.com has been up and running for over a year now and there are still loads of tech glitches.....people not being able to actually get into the place is one of the major ones.

i suppose i was hoping (no such luck) that this thread and the people in it may actually get some kind of response or some action being taken to resolve all the shit.

As for Panth well ive know panth pretty much since the day i got here 5 years ago and i have always loved the wee funny things he says.....and i think he was being funny as opposed to being nasty.

I barely come up this end of the forum and i cant be bothered to shift through the pages... but i wanted to add to it. Ive left messages in the tech folders and had no responses to any problems that ive had. Fanfire and LN run this site, its not the groups site in my opinion, its only official cos u2 took a stash from them.

I doubt ill renew because things just dont work for me here and the last time i looked at myself i didnt see a mug in the mirror. Im ok till dec this year so i might change my mind if things get better... but an email apology from LN is not good enough... what with losing my code from fanfire it just seems like im paying for nothing

[quote name='utwothefly wrote:

basher1 wrote:

mummy wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

mummy wrote:

roll.gif

Seriously, people?

I barely come up this end of the forum and i cant be bothered to shift through the pages... but i wanted to add to it. Ive left messages in the tech folders and had no responses to any problems that ive had. Fanfire and LN run this site, its not the groups site in my opinion, its only official cos u2 took a stash from them.

I doubt ill renew because things just dont work for me here and the last time i looked at myself i didnt see a mug in the mirror. Im ok till dec this year so i might change my mind if things get better... but an email apology from LN is not good enough... what with losing my code from fanfire it just seems like im paying for nothing

Man you'll get a nose bleed coming this far up....lol....

yeah i noticed loads of folks have left posts in the tech folder and getting no response thats just bang out of order....

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

utwothefly wrote:

basher1 wrote:

mummy wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

mummy wrote:

roll.gif

Seriously, people?

Man you'll get a nose bleed coming this far up....lol....

yeah i noticed loads of folks have left posts in the tech folder and getting no response thats just bang out of order....

lol... well i didnt get blood on my u2 tshirt!, as they sold out and nicked my discount!.

back i go :P

... last time i looked at myself i didnt see a mug in the mirror....

Jeez, the wit in here tonight is fantastic! laugh.gif

mummy wrote:

Panth']

But thanks for whining!

roll.gif

Seriously, people?

I agree with Ceallach, too. There are fans that weren't here in 2006, so give us a break. Think of it as the wise and experienced old-timers teaching the newbies...lol

What mummy says is true "it's hard to express humor through words because it can't convey tone & pitch in voice, or facial expression". So if Panth meant it to be funny, I misunderstood.

utwothefly']... last time i looked at myself i didnt see a mug in the mirror....

Jeez, the wit in here tonight is fantastic! laugh.gif

na... not much wit... but its nice and friendly up here

mummy wrote:

utwothefly']... last time i looked at myself i didnt see a mug in the mirror....

Jeez, the wit in here tonight is fantastic!
laugh.gif

that's because we are all drunk! laugh.gif

Steve Jobs, not U2, controls how music is bought and sold on iTunes. What is sold on iTunes goes through their production company and record label. U2 does not control how records are sold, just what kind of music is. 

But hey, thanks for such a mediocre way of trying to mock me. U2 would love me more than you anyways because. I. AM. NOT. ALWAYS. COMPLAINING. ABOUT. THE. BUSINESS. SIDE. OF MUSIC. AND. BLAMING. THEM.

Now you subhuman, if you were to say Windows in the Sky was a shit song, boring, poppy, mediocre, lame, that would be one thing cuz then you are ragging on a U2 song.  Not how its sold. and HTAT is what U2 has control over, what they do in the studio, not how iTunes sells U2's music.

God fucking damn you people are stupid.  Please sell your music, all of it, and go live in a hole somewhere and please, PLEASE! die of pnemonia.

this is no longer a discussion i see, alot of people getting their nickers in a twist.

i think people need to either turn off the zootopia, or grow up because we are grown ups are we not?

bash intended to make some critical points to be debated with in a sensible manner, yeah some laughs are good like the pics in the previous page but there are little nasty digs i feel.

we are zootops are we not? then lets act like zootops! instead of acting like a bunch of whiney coldplay fans!

mummy wrote:

roll.gif

Seriously, people?

Yeah, but we're all complaining about the site that U2 ignores mostly and lets a business run using webmasters and what not.  How many of us work around people who are paid to run websites? It does take a lot more work than setting up your silly little angelfire.com site to talk about bono's hair/butt.

U2 should have more control over their own site or just leave the U2 news to other sites like atU2 or interference. But U2 the band is busy making music, not being webmasters. Am I being insulting? Yes. Yes I am. do I care? Not in the least. People blame U2 for alot of things they have no control over that its rather pathetic.

Having said all of that. This site is not worth 40 or 50 bucks, the news is nothing, I can find more rare  videos of U2 on youtube than I ever could here, I never use the email, I apparently have some phantom new message here, the remix CD would be better if they didn't suddenly publicly sell it on vinyl for 40 bucks to (What's up with that?) This forum leaves alot to be desired. And as for my other complaints? Copy and paste Bash and you get what I'm on about about this site.

Oh and NO Line? Far surpasses Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby.

this is no longer a discussion i see, alot of people getting their nickers in a twist.

i think people need to either turn off the zootopia, or grow up because we are grown ups are we not?

bash intended to make some critical points to be debated with in a sensible manner, yeah some laughs are good like the pics in the previous page but there are little nasty digs i feel.

we are zootops are we not? then lets act like zootops! instead of acting like a bunch of whiney coldplay fans!

NERRRRRRDDDDDDD RAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEEEEERRRRRRRDDDDDDDDD RAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just think its stupid that some blame U2 for how their music is sold on iTunes.

They called me one of 'those' fanboys and u2 must Love me then.  And personally, yeah, I'm sure they do cuz I don't piss and whine and bitch about their ever word and movement.  Criticism is one thing, bombarding people with it is becomes a nuisance.

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

utwothefly wrote:

mummy wrote:

laugh.gif

that's because we are all drunk! laugh.gifthey put 10% on cider today in the UK... was it just luck i had a few in the fridge already??!!, saw that one coming :D

Zhivvy wrote:

utwothefly wrote:

mummy wrote:

laugh.gif

that's because we are all drunk!
laugh.gifthey put 10% on cider today in the UK... was it just luck i had a few in the fridge already??!!, saw that one coming :D

that's a lot! hope they don't do that to my wine lol!

[quote name='tongue.giftongue.gifPanth wrote:

MacFoley']this is no longer a discussion i see, alot of people getting their nickers in a twist.

NERRRRRRDDDDDDD RAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEEEEERRRRRRRDDDDDDDDD RAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif kiss me arse!

[quote name='Panth wrote:

MacFoley']this is no longer a discussion i see, alot of people getting their nickers in a twist.

I just think its stupid that some blame U2 for how their music is sold on iTunes.

They called me one of 'those' fanboys and u2 must Love me then.  And personally, yeah, I'm sure they do cuz I don't piss and whine and bitch about their ever word and movement.  Criticism is one thing, bombarding people with it is becomes a nuisance.

i agree with you there p man! thing is window in the skies, is it worth getting all heated about? wink.gif

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

utwothefly wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

utwothefly wrote:

mummy wrote:

laugh.gif

that's because we are all drunk!
laugh.gif
they put 10% on cider today in the UK... was it just luck i had a few in the fridge already??!!, saw that one coming
:D

that's a lot! hope they don't do that to my wine lol!

wine was 100%.... and extra taxes on compulsive game players :P