Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basher1

Totally Disgraceful......

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

Panth wrote:

MacFoley']this is no longer a discussion i see, alot of people getting their nickers in a twist.

i think people need to either turn off the zootopia, or grow up because we are grown ups are we not?

bash intended to make some critical points to be debated with in a sensible manner, yeah some laughs are good like the pics in the previous page but there are little nasty digs i feel.

we are zootops are we not? then lets act like zootops! instead of acting like a bunch of whiney coldplay fans!

I just think its stupid that some blame U2 for how their music is sold on iTunes.

They called me one of 'those' fanboys and u2 must Love me then.  And personally, yeah, I'm sure they do cuz I don't piss and whine and bitch about their ever word and movement.  Criticism is one thing, bombarding people with it is becomes a nuisance.

i agree with you there p man! thing is window in the skies, is it worth getting all heated about? wink.gif

I bought 'the complete u2' on itunes and lost it all cos im an idiot for not backing it up. Its not there now.... but i never blamed u2 for that... even though i was so pissed. i called itunes and they offered me all the albums back even though they didnt have to :)

[quote name='utwothefly wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

utwothefly wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

utwothefly wrote:

mummy wrote:

utwothefly']... last time i looked at myself i didnt see a mug in the mirror....

Jeez, the wit in here tonight is fantastic!
laugh.gif

na... not much wit... but its nice and friendly up here

that's because we are all drunk!
laugh.gif
they put 10% on cider today in the UK... was it just luck i had a few in the fridge already??!!, saw that one coming
:D

that's a lot! hope they don't do that to my wine lol!

wine was 100%.... and extra taxes on compulsive game players :P

help! I'm screwed! happy.gif

I tried to download Window in the Skies recently from iTunes and noticed it was blocked for single download - you had to buy the entire greatest hits album. Who does this hurt? - the longtime fans like me who have already bought and paid for the greatest hits when they were released on their original albums. That's Disgraceful!!

thats strictly itunes and their deal. not the band. learn how itunes works. 

if you want the song, go get it off someone here or interference somewhere. 

oh and for the record.. Window in the Skies kicks fucking ass and I still dont give a flying hemmorhoid shit ass turd what anyone thinks. :D

I'll just leave this here for your viewing pleasure ;P

e0k38m.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA OH GOD, I REMEMBER THAT FROM WAAAAY BACK! LMAO... THAT THING CRACKS ME THE FUCK UP, LMAO.

anyone have the bono/geldof one still? not sure if that was here or the other place. lmao

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

utwothefly wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

utwothefly wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

utwothefly wrote:

mummy wrote:

utwothefly']... last time i looked at myself i didnt see a mug in the mirror....

Jeez, the wit in here tonight is fantastic!
laugh.gif

na... not much wit... but its nice and friendly up here

that's because we are all drunk!
laugh.gif
they put 10% on cider today in the UK... was it just luck i had a few in the fridge already??!!, saw that one coming
:D

that's a lot! hope they don't do that to my wine lol!

wine was 100%.... and extra taxes on compulsive game players
:P

help! I'm screwed! happy.giflol

well... at least your getting some :P lol

[quote name='Panth wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

mummy wrote:

Panth'] But thanks for whining!

I laughed my ass off at this panth.  That was funny!
roll.gif

Really? 'Cause while I love Panth,  I thought it was out of line.

This entire thread is people stating their issues with everything.  Many have posted their concerns.  Yet when people who don't post here everyday come in with an issue, they're jumped on?

Seriously, people?

Can't anyone just post what they have to say without having to insult anyone anymore? 

Yeah, but we're all complaining about the site that U2 ignores mostly and lets a business run using webmasters and what not.  How many of us work around people who are paid to run websites? It does take a lot more work than setting up your silly little angelfire.com site to talk about bono's hair/butt.

U2 should have more control over their own site or just leave the U2 news to other sites like atU2 or interference. But U2 the band is busy making music, not being webmasters. Am I being insulting? Yes. Yes I am. do I care? Not in the least. People blame U2 for alot of things they have no control over that its rather pathetic.

Having said all of that. This site is not worth 40 or 50 bucks, the news is nothing, I can find more rare  videos of U2 on youtube than I ever could here, I never use the email, I apparently have some phantom new message here, the remix CD would be better if they didn't suddenly publicly sell it on vinyl for 40 bucks to (What's up with that?) This forum leaves alot to be desired. And as for my other complaints? Copy and paste Bash and you get what I'm on about about this site.

Oh and NO Line? Far surpasses Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby.

Ah, good.  Feel better, now?  The thing is, see, I agree with all of your points. Well, except for the last one, but, can't have it all, can we?

My point is not about what the discussion was about or how you feel about the situation.  My problem is points just can't seem to be made around here anymore without getting insulting and/or nasty.

It just gets old. Real quick. It's so old now, there's mold on it.

I can't be the only one tired of it all.  Can I?

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

tongue.giftongue.gif

Panth wrote:

MacFoley']this is no longer a discussion i see, alot of people getting their nickers in a twist.

i think people need to either turn off the zootopia, or grow up because we are grown ups are we not?

bash intended to make some critical points to be debated with in a sensible manner, yeah some laughs are good like the pics in the previous page but there are little nasty digs i feel.

we are zootops are we not? then lets act like zootops! instead of acting like a bunch of whiney coldplay fans!

NERRRRRRDDDDDDD RAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEEEEERRRRRRRDDDDDDDDD RAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif kiss me arse!

awww you guys are bonding now. aww. :) 

Zhivvy']

help! I'm screwed!
happy.gif

lol

well... at least your getting some :P lol

Well true - there is a positive! tongue.gif

this is no longer a discussion i see, alot of people getting their nickers in a twist.

LOL!  Ouch, that one hurts.

I wouldn't want to see Bash's thread get locked or whatever.

utwothefly wrote:

Zhivvy']

help! I'm screwed!
happy.gif

lol

well... at least your getting some
lol

Well true - there is a positive! tongue.gif

there is normally a positive in every negative, its all loose electricity!

its late and im making no sense whatsoever! :P bed i think in a bit

[quote name='ceallach67 wrote:

Whats wrong with coldplay fans anyway?... their a nice bunch :D

Zhivvy wrote:

utwothefly wrote:

Zhivvy']

help! I'm screwed!
happy.gif

lol

lol

Well true - there is a positive!
tongue.gif

its late and im making no sense whatsoever! :P bed i think in a bit

it's good to be optimistic - enjoy the last of your cheap cider lol!

utwothefly wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

utwothefly wrote:

Zhivvy']

help! I'm screwed!
happy.gif

lol

lol

tongue.gif

its late and im making no sense whatsoever!
bed i think in a bit

it's good to be optimistic - enjoy the last of your cheap cider lol!lmao... thanks!!

Zhivvy wrote:

utwothefly wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

utwothefly wrote:

Zhivvy']

help! I'm screwed!
happy.gif

lol

lol

tongue.gif

its late and im making no sense whatsoever!
bed i think in a bit

it's good to be optimistic - enjoy the last of your cheap cider lol!
lmao... thanks!!

And i am savouring the last of my wine before the 100% inflation!

always look on the bright side of the life. do do. do do do do do. Life's a piece of shit, when you look at it!

U2 fans ... probably the greatest bunch of whiners a band could ever want!

Carlsberg don't do U2 fans, but if they did, they'd probably the greatest bunch of whiners in the world!

:-)

ceallach67 wrote:

Whats wrong with coldplay fans anyway?... their a nice bunch :D

tongue.gif

Let's have a closer look at the package on offer.

Obviously this is just my opinion, but having paid to be here since they started charging 5/6 years ago, I feel like I have a solid opinion.

I'm also of the veiw that even though this site isn't run by Bono on his laptop, the site is the official one, and the band therefore should assume some responsibility or at least give a stuff.

If you love the music of U2 then our annual U2.com Subscription deal is well worth checking out. The package gives access to U2 Online, On Tour and On Disc with a limited edition U2 Remix CD.

subimage2010ah_left.jpg

ON LINE

The deeper you dig on our subscriber site, the more you discover, the harder to leave. All the band's music streaming all the time; full length, full-screen video including exclusive clips shot by the band -  this is cool, but I would suggest than many fans on here , being the main U2 site, already own every album and DVD, so at least for me, it's nice but not really of any use. The "exclusive" videos are few and far between, and new ones that they do occasionaly put up are generally short of not really that impressive. You can actually find more exclusive U2 on Youtube, I by that I mean pro-shot footage and not fan cam stuff. ; archived news going back through the years; interviews with the band and those they work with. - excellent value for a new subscriber, as you can read back throught the entire news content of the site. Not of much value if you've already been a member for that time and have already read the news as it happens. Still nice to look back on some things - Plus Zootopia - 24/7 chat in the busiest community of U2 fans anywhere - now this should be true, but unfortunately we all know for a fact that it's not. Interference.com and atu2.com's forums are as busy or much busier than Zootopia and for the most part there's a bigger fanbase on Facebook and Twitter.  Now many will say "but I've met some great people here in the forum and I love to chat to my friends".  Hey, me too. But when you think about it we make all the content in Zootopia, and at the end of the day half the forum is free. Is there really much difference between the paid and free forums? Does anyone really post on the cooking thread?  with your own blog and galleries. -a nice feature, but not something I personally use or read so no comment  And your own email address ('yournamehere@U2.com'). now I actually quite enjoy my email name and use it lots. But from what I can tell, many, many Zootops have had no success using this, and haven't had much help in getting it working. Anyone care to elaborate?

ON DISC

Running to 60 minutes, this exclusive CD features 13 tracks remixed by some of the world's leading DJs and producers. It promises to become a collectors must-have on a par with it's 1995 fan-club-only predecessor, 'Melon: Remixes for Propaganda'.

Including three never-before released tracks and two with very restricted previous release, here's a couple of highlights from an earlr review by the editors at Mixmag: 'World beat flavour takes the song to totally different place.' (Elevation (Influx Mix) ); 'Makes U2 sound like another band entirely' (City Of Blinding Lights (Hot Chip Remix).

'Artificial Horizon' on a single CD: when you subscribe, we mail it to you. It's not for sale in the shops or online. - now that anyone can order a super deluxe triple vinyl version of this complete with more impressive inner-sleeve artwork for less than the price of a subsciption, the previous statement isn't true.

One would also think that it lessens the assumed collector value of the CD version.

Also, the non-fan club version comes with a bonus remix that the fan-club doesn't recieve.

Add to that, you can't use your discount code on this package. That being said, there is a discount from the full price for subscibers.

Here's the full track-listing. (listen to clips from those in bold in the audio-player below):

Now I've been a collector for 20 years, so I have already owned many of these tracks for years.  It's great for those who don't own the tracks, but personally I feel it lessens the value of the original versions I own. - my own problem I guess

And before someone points out peer-to-peer or bit-torrenting, I feel that point is moot, and no collector gives any value to illegaly downloaded tracks. It's completley against the point of collecting. You can get a print of the Mona Lisa, but it's not the same thing, yeah?

1. Elevation (Influx Mix)previously released

2. Fast Cars (Jacknife Lee Mix) -  previouslly released

3. Get On Your Boots (Fish Out Of Water Mix)

4. Vertigo (Trent Reznor Remix)  -  previously released

5. Magnificent (Falke Radio Mix)  -  previously released

6. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Live U2360° Remix)

7. Beautiful Day (David Holmes Remix) - previously released

8. Staring At The Sun (Monster Truck Remix) -  previously released

9. Happiness Is A Warm Gun (Danny Saber Mix) - previously released

10. Get On Your Boots (Justice Remix) 

11. City Of Blinding Lights (Hot Chip 2006 Remix)

12. If God Will Send His Angels (Grand Jury Mix)  -  previously released

13. Staring At The Sun (Brothers in Rhythm Ambient Mix)

So that's five out of 13 tracks that are new to CD, and everything else is already sitting on the shelf of many a long-time fan.

If they're all new to you, well enjoy!

We will notify subscribers via email, when the CD ships.

I noticed some got this notification, but personally I did not. That being said, I did find my AH CD on my doormat yesterday!

ON TOUR

When tour dates go on sale, subscribers to U2.com get the chance to enter a special presale for tickets - ahead of the public onsale. - Now many of you signed up just for this feature. That's great if you got the tickets you wanted.  If you don't live in the States or Europe, than this is of little to no value.  Being in Australia, I'm sitting on 2 presale codes which I probably won't get the chance to use.  Many Irish and UK fans were also under the impression that they'd be getting 2010 shows, so signed up only to find out after the fact that the tour is going all over Europe - bar the UK and Eire!

I would also like to point out to all those who signed up for this feature  IT'S ONLY USEFUL IN TOUR YEARS. MANY OF US HAVE BEEN PAID UP

ON NON-TOUR YEARS, AND YOU DON'T GET A TOUR-CODE. JUST A CD AND A FAULTY WEBSITE. Not yelling, I've just noticed that many are saying that the presales make the price of admission worth it.

So are you not going to subscribe next year when there's no tour, or will it just take til then for you to be able to make a true value comparison?

Enhanced on line tour coverage includes virtual access all areas when the band are on the road:  we got a few very short "countdown to the tour" clips, and a few short concert related clips.exclusive photography, reports and video from the show, - this is great, but the content was vastly behind in terms of timing etc to sites like U2tours.com and atu2.

Also as great as the world-wide Youtube broadcast was, it points out how they often give the best stuff away to any-one. this was also highlighted by Edge's Tour Twitters.  I found that pretty annoying - that's the exact style of content that should be on this site for paying fans, not for anyone on Twitter for free.

We also had to beg to have the Youtube concert streamed on the site after the show. Very nice but only there briefly.  One would assume it's because they want you to still be interested in said show so you buy the DVD, or they don't want you to become too familiar with the setlist/ lighting as they're going to tour the exact same show this year.

One would also wonder why they still haven't announced the DVD on U2.com, when it's on every other fansite -  you can also clearly notice on the DVD ad that there is a U2.com logo in the bottom corner!?!?!?!

subscriber-only clips - a few yes, but then they stop, and Adam's clips though cute, were pretty pointless  and the tour diaries of Show Designer Willie Williams  - now I love Willies Diaries. One of the features I'm completley happy to pay for. I would love to see Willies Archive, with all his entries dating back to Zoo TV when they first started. And use our 25% discount coupon for your first purchase in the U2.com Store. great, but many international fans have had to pay huge customs charges as most items are shipped out of the US, making the discount redundant

Also, I and many others believe that U2 are truly an international band, not an American band.  I'm also of the opinion that the pricings in the shop should be in a few currencies.
Now before you jump on me and say "it's an American site Mick you dumb ass", yes, I know.  But you would also know that U2 is as popular or more popular in many, many other countries. (hello my fellow Aussies!)
This should be acknowleged IMO

360° 2010 Tour Dates

An annual U2.com Subscription costs $50. -  Why the ten dollar increase? If all the issues that appeared on the change over from the Vertigo site to the new site were sorted out, well then maybe. I think it's taking the piss, as most of the tech faults still occur frequently

Complete the form on the right to take advantage of the benefits of a subscription.

What do the rest of y'all think?

ps

I've tried to be thoughtful and subjective here

so Atticus and Co, if you tell me that I should cancel my subscription, then you really need to take a look at what you're saying and grow up.

The biggest complainees here are the folks who have spent hundreds on paying up to be here for many years.

We're not jaded, we just have a good understanding of how long these issues have been going on for.

We also have the personal abililty to compare this years value/state of the pay-site to the previous 6 years.

Oh yeah, and we bloody love U2 yeah?

before we shut this down...

1)  I wish my e-mail would work.  I miss having birdsong@u2.com as my address.

2) I'd like to sign up for one of those "stern talks with Bono" that Aussie Girl mentioned earlier.

3) If anybody doesn't want their metal card, let me know.  smile.gif  

U2 records every show...they should do what Pearl Jam and Phish did, and release CDs/digital downloads of their shows...just for the subscribers....I take it that most of the U2 fans, on here, already have all of the albums and remixes. Sound check material would also be great! Just like The Claw, this site should be more innovative! There should be blogs from crew members like Rocko, Bits and Joe Ravich...some of the crews I talked to while working with them....they're a great bunch. This site should have up close footage of The Claw being built....it was interesting to be underneath the stage, going up the stairs and walking on stage. It was like going to a museum, for us production crew. The videos they have on this site are too brief and general. Actually, I do have some video footage!

have to say I agree with Micks post above................ I have been a fan for many years and have spent much time, effort and money on them because I love their music and they are a great group of people too.....I love them no less today.

I just find it disappointing that this site is run so poorly and at an increased cost to us. The subs prices arent really an issue for me luckily but that doesnt mean its ok to charge us$40-$50 for a site that doesnt function properly or deliver items offerred to us in a reasonable time frame. And sadly many great people no longer post their funny, crazy, controversial or heart felt thoughts about this band because its all too hard.

Im no Max T when it comes to being an IT guru, but I do know enough to say that its not that hard to run a good fan site...........many other bands can do it, why cant the best band in the world?????

Madonna - arguable the biggest female artist- her site is great and she has regular competitions for her fans world wide - giving away tour tickets, autographed items and has messages posted to her fans. Whether you like her or not - thats the sort of thing this site should be doing.

WOW……..much blood has been let here as of late, seems some may be bleeding profusely from the palms and soles of their feet and are now eligible to pass judgement on the masses….please seek medical attention if needed and be well…hmmmm….how’s that saying go,…oh right, careful “judge not, lest ye be judgedâ€â€¦ please check your profanities, verbal abuse and attacks at the door as there are good people and youngsters in here including my own. Perhaps the mods could clean up that mess in here!!

Rosa, I hope you are feeling better….Spicy, nice to hear your beautiful spirit and wisdom again.!!!

I have followed U2 for almost thirty years now, and like it or not, believe it or not, they are humanitarians and there is a cause. They have given spirit, inspiration and hope to millions through music and giving over the years, through times and trouble and when it seemed all hope and faith did not exist.

WE the fans have chosen to create what some may deem as greed. Greed would be to collect the wealth and do absolutely nothing but enjoy and abuse the spoils and splendours of it. It takes tremendous wealth and energy to allocate and channel even a percentage of that wealth to achieve such enormous humanitarian efforts. Years ago I was asked if I would assist a wealthy influential humanitarian friend who was terminally ill and if I would discreetly protect her and her interests and help weed away the onslaught of swarming vultures, so that even through her pain she could continue her cause. So weeding we did and yes with our lives threatened. My friend was used, scorned and continually ridiculed and cleverly befriended by wolves, many despised her and were jealous because of her wealth. What they did not know, was that every available penny was allocated and every ounce of energy she expelled was towards good causes,…. Foundations, fundraising , leprosy, Chernobyl, special Olympics, animal cruelty, sick children, orphans, hospital wings and on and on, and within all of this came red tape, bs, lies and deception to be sorted through. Imagine the depths, imagine the fatigue, for just one entity, let alone many. And yes, one must make appearances and stand with courage amidst the company of fools and evil, with the slightest hope that your words, wisdom, patience and determination may somehow promote positive change and sway a few hearts for the lives of many, and all the while knowing your every word, movement, every photo will soon be scrutinized, manipulated and judged by those who do not understand. And in all of this you must sustain and maintain your existence, your sanity, family and the engine and the wealth which is the vessel which carries your efforts.

I suggest that any man who falls to his knees, in tears and prayer, before 90,000 others, brings forth awareness with persistent determination and continues with humanitarian efforts in the face of ridicule is hardly a hypocrite, but is a man of true integrity. A hypocrite would be one, who in one breath will praise, and in the next breath condemn, prey upon like a wolf and then praise again.

And then, there awaits the family, the band, the true fans standing by Bono upon his return, to dust off his boots and jacket from a cause, to take a breath and make some more music to feed the engine that inspires millions, gives hope and carries the vessel of cause yet again to those without. That’s a family of patience, love and understanding and that’s a beautiful thing.

The greatest gifts that U2 have given me and my family is the gift of music and the gift that we can give to and through them, to achieve extraordinary humanitarian efforts and causes and to put and maintain these men, this man, they’re vessel at a level required to do the job, which has been very well done. Kudos

There are countless remixes made and so on and so forth, there are almost 7 billion beings on this planet, not one alike. One hears a sound that others may not. Some of it I love, some of it not. I trust they all can find a sound they enjoy.

Not likely the band would come “home†to this site, why would anyone want to come “home†tired from your tasks and passions to a place where you will face ridicule and condemnation rather than encouragement and strength when needed most.

If one was to calculate every aspect of what it now costs on average to survive with all that you can’t leave behind in this world, one might suddenly realize that this is indeed the age of a loaf of bread for a days wages, if even that. So do give and spend wisely at your choice which may satisfy your individual needs and live on with those consequences of choice.

I enjoy this site, and the many wonderful souls in it. I find it an easy read, easily navigable as opposed to other sites, even with the periodic glitches.

However, it is “fully†controlled in all aspects by Signatures Network and Livenation and not U2.

Just some thoughts…May god bless, and peace to all.

WOW……..much blood has been let here as of late, seems some may be bleeding profusely from the palms and soles of their feet and are now eligible to pass judgement on the masses….please seek medical attention if needed and be well…hmmmm….how’s that saying go,…oh right, careful “judge not, lest ye be judgedâ€â€¦ please check your profanities, verbal abuse and attacks at the door as there are good people and youngsters in here including my own. Perhaps the mods could clean up that mess in here!!

Rosa, I hope you are feeling better….Spicy, nice to hear your beautiful spirit and wisdom again.!!!

I have followed U2 for almost thirty years now, and like it or not, believe it or not, they are humanitarians and there is a cause. They have given spirit, inspiration and hope to millions through music and giving over the years, through times and trouble and when it seemed all hope and faith did not exist.

WE the fans have chosen to create what some may deem as greed. Greed would be to collect the wealth and do absolutely nothing but enjoy and abuse the spoils and splendours of it. It takes tremendous wealth and energy to allocate and channel even a percentage of that wealth to achieve such enormous humanitarian efforts. Years ago I was asked if I would assist a wealthy influential humanitarian friend who was terminally ill and if I would discreetly protect her and her interests and help weed away the onslaught of swarming vultures, so that even through her pain she could continue her cause. So weeding we did and yes with our lives threatened. My friend was used, scorned and continually ridiculed and cleverly befriended by wolves, many despised her and were jealous because of her wealth. What they did not know, was that every available penny was allocated and every ounce of energy she expelled was towards good causes,…. Foundations, fundraising , leprosy, Chernobyl, special Olympics, animal cruelty, sick children, orphans, hospital wings and on and on, and within all of this came red tape, bs, lies and deception to be sorted through. Imagine the depths, imagine the fatigue, for just one entity, let alone many. And yes, one must make appearances and stand with courage amidst the company of fools and evil, with the slightest hope that your words, wisdom, patience and determination may somehow promote positive change and sway a few hearts for the lives of many, and all the while knowing your every word, movement, every photo will soon be scrutinized, manipulated and judged by those who do not understand. And in all of this you must sustain and maintain your existence, your sanity, family and the engine and the wealth which is the vessel which carries your efforts.

I suggest that any man who falls to his knees, in tears and prayer, before 90,000 others, brings forth awareness with persistent determination and continues with humanitarian efforts in the face of ridicule is hardly a hypocrite, but is a man of true integrity. A hypocrite would be one, who in one breath will praise, and in the next breath condemn, prey upon like a wolf and then praise again.

And then, there awaits the family, the band, the true fans standing by Bono upon his return, to dust off his boots and jacket from a cause, to take a breath and make some more music to feed the engine that inspires millions, gives hope and carries the vessel of cause yet again to those without. That’s a family of patience, love and understanding and that’s a beautiful thing.

The greatest gifts that U2 have given me and my family is the gift of music and the gift that we can give to and through them, to achieve extraordinary humanitarian efforts and causes and to put and maintain these men, this man, they’re vessel at a level required to do the job, which has been very well done. Kudos

There are countless remixes made and so on and so forth, there are almost 7 billion beings on this planet, not one alike. One hears a sound that others may not. Some of it I love, some of it not. I trust they all can find a sound they enjoy.

Not likely the band would come “home†to this site, why would anyone want to come “home†tired from your tasks and passions to a place where you will face ridicule and condemnation rather than encouragement and strength when needed most.

If one was to calculate every aspect of what it now costs on average to survive with all that you can’t leave behind in this world, one might suddenly realize that this is indeed the age of a loaf of bread for a days wages, if even that. So do give and spend wisely at your choice which may satisfy your individual needs and live on with those consequences of choice.

I enjoy this site, and the many wonderful souls in it. I find it an easy read, easily navigable as opposed to other sites, even with the periodic glitches.

However, it is “fully†controlled in all aspects by Signatures Network and Livenation and not U2.

Just some thoughts…May god bless, and peace to all.

So other than implying that some us have stigmatas, and swear to much, how does what you've stated here relate to this site being value for money?

Ok your kids come here, but for the most part 99% of contributors to this forum are adults.

If the moderators wanted to clean up this thread they've had the chance.

I'm of the opinion that the moderators are smart folk who can quite clearly see that some long time paying members are feeling a bit miffed and ripped off, and that most negative comments on this thread aren't pointless Bono-The-Humanitarian bashing, but constuructive criticism from many folk who know what they're talking about. 

So therefore they're leaving this thread unedited as a good outlet for a debate on the matter.

You quite clearly are one of the many that sees U2 as an outlet for your interest in humanitaianism or your veiw of the boys as being a Band Of Worship.

That's %100 fine, and I'm glad they bring you happiness in that regard.

But like many, you see constructive and passionate criticism as some how crucifying your saviour of the people.

That's silly.

Yes Bono's a great bloke who's done some absolutey amazing work for charity.

But he's aslo just a little Irish bloke with an amazing voice, great song-writing skills, and 3 very talented best mates.

Personally I see U2 as a kick-ass rock band.

A big one.

With a shitty website.

Ok....

1) i started this thread in the hope that it may get something done for people to get value for money

2) i did not start this thread to be preached at you wanna preach go to a church but please do not preach to me on here thanks.

3) profanity and swearing.....we are adults and anyway you can find most swear words in a dictionary.

4) no i do not want this thread shut down because folk are having digs at each other.....i only have about 2 months left to go as a paid member and then it's bye bye u2.com so lets face facts here i could have just ran through here insulting each and every one of the people i do not like in here (there are a few and im sure the feelings mutual) but no i did not and why?????? because after 5 years in here it occured to me that there is no value for money and that my friends in here deserve better treatment for the dedication they have shown this band over the years.

5) please don't piss me off you wouldn't like it if you pissed me off........:-)