Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basher1

Totally Disgraceful......

WOW……..much blood has been let here as of late, seems some may be bleeding profusely from the palms and soles of their feet and are now eligible to pass judgement on the masses….please seek medical attention if needed and be well…hmmmm….how’s that saying go,…oh right, careful “judge not, lest ye be judgedâ€â€¦ please check your profanities, verbal abuse and attacks at the door as there are good people and youngsters in here including my own. Perhaps the mods could clean up that mess in here!!

Rosa, I hope you are feeling better….Spicy, nice to hear your beautiful spirit and wisdom again.!!!

I have followed U2 for almost thirty years now, and like it or not, believe it or not, they are humanitarians and there is a cause. They have given spirit, inspiration and hope to millions through music and giving over the years, through times and trouble and when it seemed all hope and faith did not exist.

WE the fans have chosen to create what some may deem as greed. Greed would be to collect the wealth and do absolutely nothing but enjoy and abuse the spoils and splendours of it. It takes tremendous wealth and energy to allocate and channel even a percentage of that wealth to achieve such enormous humanitarian efforts. Years ago I was asked if I would assist a wealthy influential humanitarian friend who was terminally ill and if I would discreetly protect her and her interests and help weed away the onslaught of swarming vultures, so that even through her pain she could continue her cause. So weeding we did and yes with our lives threatened. My friend was used, scorned and continually ridiculed and cleverly befriended by wolves, many despised her and were jealous because of her wealth. What they did not know, was that every available penny was allocated and every ounce of energy she expelled was towards good causes,…. Foundations, fundraising , leprosy, Chernobyl, special Olympics, animal cruelty, sick children, orphans, hospital wings and on and on, and within all of this came red tape, bs, lies and deception to be sorted through. Imagine the depths, imagine the fatigue, for just one entity, let alone many. And yes, one must make appearances and stand with courage amidst the company of fools and evil, with the slightest hope that your words, wisdom, patience and determination may somehow promote positive change and sway a few hearts for the lives of many, and all the while knowing your every word, movement, every photo will soon be scrutinized, manipulated and judged by those who do not understand. And in all of this you must sustain and maintain your existence, your sanity, family and the engine and the wealth which is the vessel which carries your efforts.

I suggest that any man who falls to his knees, in tears and prayer, before 90,000 others, brings forth awareness with persistent determination and continues with humanitarian efforts in the face of ridicule is hardly a hypocrite, but is a man of true integrity. A hypocrite would be one, who in one breath will praise, and in the next breath condemn, prey upon like a wolf and then praise again.

And then, there awaits the family, the band, the true fans standing by Bono upon his return, to dust off his boots and jacket from a cause, to take a breath and make some more music to feed the engine that inspires millions, gives hope and carries the vessel of cause yet again to those without. That’s a family of patience, love and understanding and that’s a beautiful thing.

The greatest gifts that U2 have given me and my family is the gift of music and the gift that we can give to and through them, to achieve extraordinary humanitarian efforts and causes and to put and maintain these men, this man, they’re vessel at a level required to do the job, which has been very well done. Kudos

There are countless remixes made and so on and so forth, there are almost 7 billion beings on this planet, not one alike. One hears a sound that others may not. Some of it I love, some of it not. I trust they all can find a sound they enjoy.

Not likely the band would come “home†to this site, why would anyone want to come “home†tired from your tasks and passions to a place where you will face ridicule and condemnation rather than encouragement and strength when needed most.

If one was to calculate every aspect of what it now costs on average to survive with all that you can’t leave behind in this world, one might suddenly realize that this is indeed the age of a loaf of bread for a days wages, if even that. So do give and spend wisely at your choice which may satisfy your individual needs and live on with those consequences of choice.

I enjoy this site, and the many wonderful souls in it. I find it an easy read, easily navigable as opposed to other sites, even with the periodic glitches.

However, it is “fully†controlled in all aspects by Signatures Network and Livenation and not U2.

Just some thoughts…May god bless, and peace to all.

absolute rubbish....

THIS IS U2.COM NOT LIVE NATION.COM OR PRINCIPAL MANAGEMENT.COM OR SIGNATURESNETWORK.COM IT IS U2.COM IT IS THE "OFFICIAL U2 WEBSITE WHEN ARE PEOPLE GOING TO TAKE THEIR HEAD OUT OF THE SAND AND GET RID OF THE "U2 CAN DO NOTHING WRONG" ATTITUDE???????????

[quote name='ceallach67 wrote:

MacFoley']this is no longer a discussion i see, alot of people getting their nickers in a twist.

i think people need to either turn off the zootopia, or grow up because we are grown ups are we not?

bash intended to make some critical points to be debated with in a sensible manner, yeah some laughs are good like the pics in the previous page but there are little nasty digs i feel.

we are zootops are we not? then lets act like zootops! instead of acting like a bunch of whiney coldplay fans!

LOL!  Ouch, that one hurts.

I wouldn't want to see Bash's thread get locked or whatever.

Mac's right that was my intention here i really do think it is about time people took their u2 coloured specs off in this place.

WOW……..much blood has been let here as of late, seems some may be bleeding profusely from the palms and soles of their feet and are now eligible to pass judgement on the masses….please seek medical attention if needed and be well…hmmmm….how’s that saying go,…oh right, careful “judge not, lest ye be judgedâ€â€¦ please check your profanities, verbal abuse and attacks at the door as there are good people and youngsters in here including my own. Perhaps the mods could clean up that mess in here!!

Rosa, I hope you are feeling better….Spicy, nice to hear your beautiful spirit and wisdom again.!!!

I have followed U2 for almost thirty years now, and like it or not, believe it or not, they are humanitarians and there is a cause. They have given spirit, inspiration and hope to millions through music and giving over the years, through times and trouble and when it seemed all hope and faith did not exist.

WE the fans have chosen to create what some may deem as greed. Greed would be to collect the wealth and do absolutely nothing but enjoy and abuse the spoils and splendours of it. It takes tremendous wealth and energy to allocate and channel even a percentage of that wealth to achieve such enormous humanitarian efforts. Years ago I was asked if I would assist a wealthy influential humanitarian friend who was terminally ill and if I would discreetly protect her and her interests and help weed away the onslaught of swarming vultures, so that even through her pain she could continue her cause. So weeding we did and yes with our lives threatened. My friend was used, scorned and continually ridiculed and cleverly befriended by wolves, many despised her and were jealous because of her wealth. What they did not know, was that every available penny was allocated and every ounce of energy she expelled was towards good causes,…. Foundations, fundraising , leprosy, Chernobyl, special Olympics, animal cruelty, sick children, orphans, hospital wings and on and on, and within all of this came red tape, bs, lies and deception to be sorted through. Imagine the depths, imagine the fatigue, for just one entity, let alone many. And yes, one must make appearances and stand with courage amidst the company of fools and evil, with the slightest hope that your words, wisdom, patience and determination may somehow promote positive change and sway a few hearts for the lives of many, and all the while knowing your every word, movement, every photo will soon be scrutinized, manipulated and judged by those who do not understand. And in all of this you must sustain and maintain your existence, your sanity, family and the engine and the wealth which is the vessel which carries your efforts.

I suggest that any man who falls to his knees, in tears and prayer, before 90,000 others, brings forth awareness with persistent determination and continues with humanitarian efforts in the face of ridicule is hardly a hypocrite, but is a man of true integrity. A hypocrite would be one, who in one breath will praise, and in the next breath condemn, prey upon like a wolf and then praise again.

And then, there awaits the family, the band, the true fans standing by Bono upon his return, to dust off his boots and jacket from a cause, to take a breath and make some more music to feed the engine that inspires millions, gives hope and carries the vessel of cause yet again to those without. That’s a family of patience, love and understanding and that’s a beautiful thing.

The greatest gifts that U2 have given me and my family is the gift of music and the gift that we can give to and through them, to achieve extraordinary humanitarian efforts and causes and to put and maintain these men, this man, they’re vessel at a level required to do the job, which has been very well done. Kudos

There are countless remixes made and so on and so forth, there are almost 7 billion beings on this planet, not one alike. One hears a sound that others may not. Some of it I love, some of it not. I trust they all can find a sound they enjoy.

Not likely the band would come “home†to this site, why would anyone want to come “home†tired from your tasks and passions to a place where you will face ridicule and condemnation rather than encouragement and strength when needed most.

If one was to calculate every aspect of what it now costs on average to survive with all that you can’t leave behind in this world, one might suddenly realize that this is indeed the age of a loaf of bread for a days wages, if even that. So do give and spend wisely at your choice which may satisfy your individual needs and live on with those consequences of choice.

I enjoy this site, and the many wonderful souls in it. I find it an easy read, easily navigable as opposed to other sites, even with the periodic glitches.

However, it is “fully†controlled in all aspects by Signatures Network and Livenation and not U2.

dear or dear.

in all what you have written you still have not justified if u2.com is worth the money.

[quote name='mick james wrote:

atonewithu2']WOW……..much blood has been let here as of late, seems some may be bleeding profusely from the palms and soles of their feet and are now eligible to pass judgement on the masses….please seek medical attention if needed and be well…hmmmm….how’s that saying go,…oh right, careful “judge not, lest ye be judgedâ€â€¦ please check your profanities, verbal abuse and attacks at the door as there are good people and youngsters in here including my own. Perhaps the mods could clean up that mess in here!!

So other than implying that some us have stigmatas, and swear to much, how does what you've stated here relate to this site being value for money?

Ok your kids come here, but for the most part 99% of contributors to this forum are adults.

If the moderators wanted to clean up this thread they've had the chance.

I'm of the opinion that the moderators are smart folk who can quite clearly see that some long time paying members are feeling a bit miffed and ripped off, and that most negative comments on this thread aren't pointless Bono-The-Humanitarian bashing, but constuructive criticism from many folk who know what they're talking about. 

So therefore they're leaving this thread unedited as a good outlet for a debate on the matter.

You quite clearly are one of the many that sees U2 as an outlet for your interest in humanitaianism or your veiw of the boys as being a Band Of Worship.

That's %100 fine, and I'm glad they bring you happiness in that regard.

But like many, you see constructive and passionate criticism as some how crucifying your saviour of the people.

That's silly.

Yes Bono's a great bloke who's done some absolutey amazing work for charity.

But he's aslo just a little Irish bloke with an amazing voice, great song-writing skills, and 3 very talented best mates.

Personally I see U2 as a kick-ass rock band.

A big one.

With a shitty website.

well mick mate, the zootop is kind of right. jesus went around trying to fix thing, then people started to dislike him! (shame he didnt have livenation to rake up the cash for him)roll.gif but that doesnt mean jesus was a bad guy right?

seriously there are people on here who can not handle constructive criticism.

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

atonewithu2']WOW……..much blood has been let here as of late, seems some may be bleeding profusely from the palms and soles of their feet and are now eligible to pass judgement on the masses….please seek medical attention if needed and be well…hmmmm….how’s that saying go,…oh right, careful “judge not, lest ye be judgedâ€â€¦ please check your profanities, verbal abuse and attacks at the door as there are good people and youngsters in here including my own. Perhaps the mods could clean up that mess in here!!

dear or dear.

in all what you have written you still have not justified if u2.com is worth the money.

also i stopped reading when the "ive been a fan since bono popped out of his mother" lark.

mick james wrote:

So other than implying that some us have stigmatas, and swear to much, how does what you've stated here relate to this site being value for money?

Ok your kids come here, but for the most part 99% of contributors to this forum are adults.

I'm of the opinion that the moderators are smart folk who can quite clearly see that some long time paying members are feeling a bit miffed and ripped off, and that most negative comments on this thread aren't pointless Bono-The-Humanitarian bashing, but constuructive criticism from many folk who know what they're talking about. 

So therefore they're leaving this thread unedited as a good outlet for a debate on the matter.

You quite clearly are one of the many that sees U2 as an outlet for your interest in humanitaianism or your veiw of the boys as being a Band Of Worship.

But like many, you see constructive and passionate criticism as some how crucifying your saviour of the people.

That's silly.

But he's aslo just a little Irish bloke with an amazing voice, great song-writing skills, and 3 very talented best mates.

A big one.

With a shitty website.

well mick mate, the zootop is kind of right. jesus went around trying to fix thing, then people started to dislike him! (shame he didnt have livenation to rake up the cash for him)roll.gif but that doesnt mean jesus was a bad guy right?

So Mac are you likening me to Jesus........tongue.gif

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

mick james wrote:

That's silly.

A big one.

With a shitty website.

well mick mate, the zootop is kind of right. jesus went around trying to fix thing, then people started to dislike him! (shame he didnt have livenation to rake up the cash for him)
roll.gif
but that doesnt mean jesus was a bad guy right?

So Mac are you likening me to Jesus........tongue.gif

unless your prepared to put yourself on a cross to save us zootopians from evil, you can have the messiah tag if you like!

(oh sounds like your doing it already!)

here is food for thought too, telling people to stop swearing, yet when bono swears, calling chris marting a wanker, FUCK THE REVOLUTION, your the loudest bunch of motherfuckers we ever heard (from zootv sydney dvd), live 8 in vertigo bono sings just give me what i fucking want................etc etc..................

is it ok for him to do? because he is bono? or did the zootop miss that fact there? but for us to do it, ITS WRONG! WORK OF THE DEVIL!

dont let the bastards grind you down

jesus help me im all alone in this world, and a fucked up world it is too

dont piss on the gate

............get my drift?!

basher1 wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

mick james wrote:

That's silly.

A big one.

With a shitty website.

well mick mate, the zootop is kind of right. jesus went around trying to fix thing, then people started to dislike him! (shame he didnt have livenation to rake up the cash for him)
roll.gif
but that doesnt mean jesus was a bad guy right?

So Mac are you likening me to Jesus........
tongue.gif

unless your prepared to put yourself on a cross to save us zootopians from evil, you can have the messiah tag if you like!

(oh sounds like your doing it already!)

dunno about going on a cross but i can get angry.....lol

he's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy.......tongue.gif

here is food for thought too, telling people to stop swearing, yet when bono swears, calling chris marting a wanker, FUCK THE REVOLUTION, your the loudest bunch of motherfuckers we ever heard (from zootv sydney dvd), live 8 in vertigo bono sings just give me what i fucking want................etc etc..................

is it ok for him to do? because he is bono? or did the zootop miss that fact there? but for us to do it, ITS WRONG! WORK OF THE DEVIL!

dont piss on the gate

yep totally Mac so its one rule for one and another rule for the rest......

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

MacFoley']here is food for thought too, telling people to stop swearing, yet when bono swears, calling chris marting a wanker, FUCK THE REVOLUTION, your the loudest bunch of motherfuckers we ever heard (from zootv sydney dvd), live 8 in vertigo bono sings just give me what i fucking want................etc etc..................

dont piss on the gate

but its ok, because bono is a humanitrian.............eyes.gif

*wah wah boo hoo hoo Bono and the band are humanitarians - they can't do anything wrong - they have a right to charge ridiculous prices for membership renewal, merchandise and show tickets because they've given so much of themselves to so many worthy causes that have got them a lot of attention and more ticket/record sales and grammys*

What a crock of shite.

Could Bono in fact be turning into the Mirrorball Man for real? Is he becoming one of those tele-evangelists that he paid out on so much during the Lovetown tour and ZooTV - for stealing money from people and ripping them off?

I'm not going to whinge about the price of membership renewal. I refused to renew my membership after 2006 when I was promised the "Communications" CD and never received it (even after i followed up about it twice and was given assurances they were sending it to me).

If you don't like the price - don't pay - simple... vote with your feet folks.

Ok....

1) i started this thread in the hope that it may get something done for people to get value for money

2) i did not start this thread to be preached at you wanna preach go to a church but please do not preach to me on here thanks.

3) profanity and swearing.....we are adults and anyway you can find most swear words in a dictionary.

4) no i do not want this thread shut down because folk are having digs at each other.....i only have about 2 months left to go as a paid member and then it's bye bye u2.com so lets face facts here i could have just ran through here insulting each and every one of the people i do not like in here (there are a few and im sure the feelings mutual) but no i did not and why?????? because after 5 years in here it occured to me that there is no value for money and that my friends in here deserve better treatment for the dedication they have shown this band over the years.

5) please don't piss me off you wouldn't like it if you pissed me off........:-)

Hey now you know I can't just walk away from a good, pointless argument like how iTunes sells Windows in teh Skies(of all songs.) and whether U2 should be crucified over it or not.

basher1 wrote:

MacFoley']here is food for thought too, telling people to stop swearing, yet when bono swears, calling chris marting a wanker, FUCK THE REVOLUTION, your the loudest bunch of motherfuckers we ever heard (from zootv sydney dvd), live 8 in vertigo bono sings just give me what i fucking want................etc etc..................

dont piss on the gate

but its ok, because bono is a humanitrian.............eyes.gif

Ahhh for feck's sake boys.

at least we know, and aren't bothered by the fact that Bono's a joint smoking, coke-snorting, booby groping rock star like any other.

C'mon you douchebags.

Yes, the legendary Bono has done a bunch of great stuff.

But if you want to worship, go to church for feck's sake.

I would imagine Jesus would actually be offended by all of your Bono worshipping bullshit.

What was that in the Commandments about worshipping false idols???????

If it's that important to you, praise Jesus and spare yourself the trip to Hell.

He's an awesome bloke yes, but this praising Him as the Prince or whatever sick version of it you want to call it is absolute bullshit.

And this is coming from someone who has had Bono as his hero from the age of 10 until now.

Here's your messiah suckers, with a big fat delicious joint.

But he's above all that right????

Bullshit.

bono_01.jpg

Now go to confession and ask God for forgiveness.

And this photo was a papparazzi set up yeah???

bono-girls-425.jpg

Such a set up that Boyo didn't have time to stop looking seedy for this one?

6a00e5536b2ba98833010535c45b47970c-500wi

And even though they're all taken upon Bono's yaught, it's just a set up that this slapper is wearing Bono's hat right???

Let me guess, the Devil stole it and put it on her head whilst taking the photo????

article-1080636-023AEEDF000005DC-326_468x331.jpg

Bono is not a religious figure peeps.

He's just a man, who sings great and does good stuff.

And this photo was a papparazzi set up yeah???

bono-girls-425.jpg

And even though they're all taken upon Bono's yaught, it's just a set up that this slapper is wearing Bono's hat right???

Let me guess, the Devil stole it and put it on her head whilst taking the photo????

"But Mick, it was a set up, there just friends or fans.... blah blah bloody blah"

Stop lying to yourselves.

Rockstar - Yes

Messiah - No

* awaits Rosa's sick and disgusting Prince Bono the Great rant, that relates to nothing that is real in this world*

Just thinking about the connection between the band and their website... and there isnt one, which is why we get no news or until it is released elsewhere first.

The latest news dated the 25th (today) is about the edge talking on the radio 2weeks ago. The only time news gets here first is when it comes from LN/Fanfire conserning money- presales- vinyl sets etc...

But its ok for me.. i should have a new job by the end of the month hopefully... so things are changing, this place just needs to do the same.

dont piss on the gate

Okay, please forgive me but when Bono says, "Fuck the Revolution"....well, I melt...

[quote name='tracy c. wrote:

dont piss on the gate

Okay, please forgive me but when Bono says, "Fuck the Revolution"....well, I melt...

When I was 10 yrs old T, and my brother brought home the Rattle and Hum VHS, I would rewind that over and over and watch it with the sound down so the folks didn't hear!

I thought he was the coolest most passionate bloke in the world, and from the on I was a die-hard fan!

And the cowboy hat was pretty cool too.

tracy c. wrote:

dont piss on the gate

When I was 10 yrs old T, and my brother brought home the Rattle and Hum VHS, I would rewind that over and over and watch it with the sound down so the folks didn't hear!

I thought he was the coolest most passionate bloke in the world, and from the on I was a die-hard fan!

And the cowboy hat was pretty cool too.

Oh...Rattle & Hum Bono........more naughty thoughts......so that must mean he is not messiah like or I am going to hell in a hand basket.

MacFoley wrote:

basher1 wrote:

dont piss on the gate

but its ok, because bono is a humanitrian.............
eyes.gif

at least we know, and aren't bothered by the fact that Bono's a joint smoking, coke-snorting, booby groping rock star like any other.

C'mon you douchebags.

I would imagine Jesus would actually be offended by all of your Bono worshipping bullshit.

If it's that important to you, praise Jesus and spare yourself the trip to Hell.

He's an awesome bloke yes, but this praising Him as the Prince or whatever sick version of it you want to call it is absolute bullshit.

And this is coming from someone who has had Bono as his hero from the age of 10 until now.

Bullshit.

bono_01.jpg

come on man! roll.gifthats a cigar!

mick james']And this photo was a papparazzi set up yeah???

bono-girls-425.jpg

"But Mick, it was a set up, there just friends or fans.... blah blah bloody blah"

Rockstar - Yes

Messiah - No

* awaits Rosa's sick and disgusting Prince Bono the Great rant, that relates to nothing that is real in this world*

theres something really unsavioury about the look on the guys face on the right... in the middle pic!

mick james']And this photo was a papparazzi set up yeah???

bono-girls-425.jpg

Rockstar - Yes

Messiah - No

for your info bro, the last pic, is bono's boat. them girls are on bono's boat! and the girl on the left is wearing bono's hat!

those pics are not set up in the slightest. app they are friends of one of bono's daughters (that is the rumour going about, not hookers) but funny how the girl on the right of the bottom pic has had time to change into a nice dress and make her hair look nice!

mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

basher1 wrote:

dont piss on the gate

eyes.gif

C'mon you douchebags.

Bullshit.

bono_01.jpg

come on man! roll.gifthats a cigar!

If I know Mac, I know he knows that that's filled with some chioce green buds!

d3a9-1.jpg

MacFoley wrote:

mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

basher1 wrote:

dont piss on the gate

eyes.gif

C'mon you douchebags.

Bullshit.

bono_01.jpg

come on man!
roll.gif
thats a cigar!

If I know Mac, I know he knows that that's filled with some chioce green buds!

d3a9-1.jpg

wouldnt be suprised if he grew it! he has a organic patch in his house you know!wink.gif