Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basher1

Totally Disgraceful......

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

joshthetree wrote:

mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

mick james']Heya lads.

As much as I still love the band, etc etc, sadly I have to agree.

This site is bullshit.

$50 for what?

CDs with content that as collectors etc we've already owned for years, DVD rips, a metal card and now I have 2 presale codes for a tour which has been deemed too expensive to even bring to the county where I live.

And to put a way better version of the fan gift on sale to anyone just hammers it home.

I hate to think that it's hit a point in time where it's embarrasing to be a U2 fan, but how many people now tell you when you mention U2 that "Bono is a c@#t"? I had someone tell me that just last night.

It's a shame to think he's become one of the most despised figures on the planet, and so have the other 3 just by proxy.

I loved the last album, loved the last tour, look forward to new music, and as much as I hate using the following term, it's true.

U2 have sold out.

and to add ontop of that, what liam gallagher says of bono is true really, just no one has the balls to come out and say it in the real world.

Liam savages U2Dotmusic, March 19, 2010

Liam Gallagher has launched a scathing attack on U2, insisting he has never met anyone who likes them. Skip related content

The former Oasis frontman claims that Bono and co have to bribe people to attend their concerts and buy the band's records.

A case of the Cock calling the kettle black huh?

It used to be a case of jealousy when people used U2 as whipping boys to get themselves hype, and most of what Liam spouts is shit.

But he kinda has a point.

It just turning into a fucking puppet show.

And if folks like us -  some of the worlds biggest fans - are saying this, then it's pretty bloody sad.

yeah dude, liam is a cock, but he has a point.

back in the day i used to look at my u2 posters on my wall, thinking they are 4 humble men on a mission, how i wish i saw them play in 3 foot away from me. now the latter has been fulfilled (radio one winner) the myth is no more of u2. now i see them as 4 fat cats licking our cream.

i dont want to admit it mate, but yeah they are not the same band they were, hopefully the shit sales of horizon might kick some warning buttons for them. another shit sellling album they could be well and truly over.

fans are not going to stick around for zootopia gifts in 5 years time.

i can see this on the horizon though..................

next years zootopia gift, a dvd rip from the 360 dvd show coming out soon. great...............
eyes.gif

Agreed.

But it's true hey - if peeps like you, Bash, AG, Kings etc and myself who've passionately loved the band forever, and have stuck with them through the years with all the other bullshit that could have put us off, and didn't, feel like this then where does the band go from here?

It's kinda like having to admit that Superman is actually a pussy.

edit - and Mac my man, at least they took the same old setlist to your parts.  They can't even be arsed coming here.

And I know you know how much support Aussies have given the band.

i agree with some of the stuff here like the last/this tour is U2 by numbers, we were promised rarities whatever happened to 'Drowning Man', as far as Liam goes and what he alledgedly said I've read a lot of press over the years where he has said that the Gallagher Brothers (particulalry Noel - who listed U2 in his top ten of bands) were big fans - so it may just be sower grapes as his band goes down the pan.  I'm not a U2 basher but do feel that every time a new album comes out it takes longer and longer and the LP + subsequent tour ends up being a U2 reunion event and nolonger a proper tour, U2 for a while have ceased to be a band in the true sense they just chuck a record out and tour and don't really seem to give a toss nowadays.  Too much emphasis is put on the band being the first to do this or that, being the biggest this or that and geting the most awards. I'm not interested in all that bullshit, I want a musically creative/innovative band who still have fire in their bellys and hunger to make that one special record.

I think as a fan club there has been a slight improvement, I liked 'Artificial Horizon' and the offer to buy a vinyl.  I would like to see more limited offers of material on CD too. 

And the quote of the day award goes to Josh for......

"Too much emphasis is put on the band being the first to do this or that, being the biggest this or that and geting the most awards. I'm not interested in all that bullshit, I want a musically creative/innovative band who still have fire in their bellys and hunger to make that one special record."

bloody brilliant piece that Josh..........

yes i agree there totally, cant believe people were crying over thier cornflakes to know in reality lady gaga has beaten u2 in 2009 in terms of success. only thing u2 have claim for is they made a trillion pounds touring. great as it is to see the stats, but 3 albums in 2000, ok i like horizon, but what a waste of creative spark from 2000-2005. it was a high period for them, and they bathed in all their grammies. but these u2 folk? on tour, they have gotten lazy.

i just want my Artificial Horizon from my re-sub 4 months ago and some aussie tour dates would be a nice bonus ;)
G i could send you A/H in an email......tongue.gif

What's sad is that U2 have always tried to stop this thing happening to them. Somewhere between Bono's preaching, tax evasions, Bono's name dropping, etc there is a real dislike for him and the band. This has been coming for a while now. I still love em and therefore I find it very hard to poor shit on the band. I think Bono needs to talk to Larry urgently.

aussiegirl']i just want my Artificial Horizon from my re-sub 4 months ago and some aussie tour dates would be a nice bonus
;)

G i could send you A/H in an email......tongue.gif

If I dont get mine soon B I'll take you up on that offer, ta!

[quote name='laugh.giflaugh.gifbasher1 wrote:

joshthetree wrote:

mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

mick james']Heya lads.

This site is bullshit.

$50 for what?

CDs with content that as collectors etc we've already owned for years, DVD rips, a metal card and now I have 2 presale codes for a tour which has been deemed too expensive to even bring to the county where I live.

And to put a way better version of the fan gift on sale to anyone just hammers it home.

I hate to think that it's hit a point in time where it's embarrasing to be a U2 fan, but how many people now tell you when you mention U2 that "Bono is a c@#t"? I had someone tell me that just last night.

It's a shame to think he's become one of the most despised figures on the planet, and so have the other 3 just by proxy.

I loved the last album, loved the last tour, look forward to new music, and as much as I hate using the following term, it's true.

U2 have sold out.

and to add ontop of that, what liam gallagher says of bono is true really, just no one has the balls to come out and say it in the real world.

Liam Gallagher has launched a scathing attack on U2, insisting he has never met anyone who likes them. Skip related content

The former Oasis frontman claims that Bono and co have to bribe people to attend their concerts and buy the band's records.

It used to be a case of jealousy when people used U2 as whipping boys to get themselves hype, and most of what Liam spouts is shit.

And if folks like us -  some of the worlds biggest fans - are saying this, then it's pretty bloody sad.

back in the day i used to look at my u2 posters on my wall, thinking they are 4 humble men on a mission, how i wish i saw them play in 3 foot away from me. now the latter has been fulfilled (radio one winner) the myth is no more of u2. now i see them as 4 fat cats licking our cream.

i dont want to admit it mate, but yeah they are not the same band they were, hopefully the shit sales of horizon might kick some warning buttons for them. another shit sellling album they could be well and truly over.

next years zootopia gift, a dvd rip from the 360 dvd show coming out soon. great...............
eyes.gif

Agreed.

But it's true hey - if peeps like you, Bash, AG, Kings etc and myself who've passionately loved the band forever, and have stuck with them through the years with all the other bullshit that could have put us off, and didn't, feel like this then where does the band go from here?

edit - and Mac my man, at least they took the same old setlist to your parts.  They can't even be arsed coming here.

i agree with some of the stuff here like the last/this tour is U2 by numbers, we were promised rarities whatever happened to 'Drowning Man', as far as Liam goes and what he alledgedly said I've read a lot of press over the years where he has said that the Gallagher Brothers (particulalry Noel - who listed U2 in his top ten of bands) were big fans - so it may just be sower grapes as his band goes down the pan.  I'm not a U2 basher but do feel that every time a new album comes out it takes longer and longer and the LP + subsequent tour ends up being a U2 reunion event and nolonger a proper tour, U2 for a while have ceased to be a band in the true sense they just chuck a record out and tour and don't really seem to give a toss nowadays.  Too much emphasis is put on the band being the first to do this or that, being the biggest this or that and geting the most awards. I'm not interested in all that bullshit, I want a musically creative/innovative band who still have fire in their bellys and hunger to make that one special record.

I think as a fan club there has been a slight improvement, I liked 'Artificial Horizon' and the offer to buy a vinyl.  I would like to see more limited offers of material on CD too. 

"Too much emphasis is put on the band being the first to do this or that, being the biggest this or that and geting the most awards. I'm not interested in all that bullshit, I want a musically creative/innovative band who still have fire in their bellys and hunger to make that one special record."

cheers bash, just makes me angry sometimes ;)

What's sad is that U2 have always tried to stop this thing happening to them. Somewhere between Bono's preaching, tax evasions, Bono's name dropping, etc there is a real dislike for him and the band. This has been coming for a while now. I still love em and therefore I find it very hard to poor shit on the band. I think Bono needs to talk to Larry urgently.
agreed.....i think Bono fucked everything up when he appeared everywhere.......with bush blair the labour party conferance preaching on tour i mean i believe he went to the opening of a crisp packet once.......

i think Larry needs to boot Bono right in the balls and say "we got together to make music"........

[quote name='aussiegirl wrote:

basher1 wrote:

aussiegirl']i just want my Artificial Horizon from my re-sub 4 months ago and some aussie tour dates would be a nice bonus
;)

G i could send you A/H in an email......
tongue.gif

If I dont get mine soon B I'll take you up on that offer, ta!

no bother G let me know.....xx

[quote name='joshthetree wrote:

laugh.giflaugh.gif

basher1 wrote:

joshthetree wrote:

mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

mick james']Heya lads.

This site is bullshit.

$50 for what?

U2 have sold out.

eyes.gif

Agreed.

cheers bash, just makes me angry sometimes ;)

is that it well thats just a shite acceptance speech right there.......lol

i know exactly what you mean mate i mean me i go to the gigs for the music a 2 hour escape from all the shite life throws at ye but what do ye get......speeches about all the shite in the world....... you know what i mean.

Liam Gallagher is a twat end of storymad.gif

but yes don't think u2 are the band they once were, and think Larry is definitely the man to sort this out, am sure he would have some influence over making this site better, and getting bono to get back to what they do best make music!!!!

It's a sad day for me all this really is frown.gif

Liam Gallagher is a twat end of storymad.gif

but yes don't think u2 are the band they once were, and think Larry is definitely the man to sort this out, am sure he would have some influence over making this site better, and getting bono to get back to what they do best make music!!!!

It's a sad day for me all this really is frown.gif

kings']What's sad is that U2 have always tried to stop this thing happening to them. Somewhere between Bono's preaching, tax evasions, Bono's name dropping, etc there is a real dislike for him and the band. This has been coming for a while now. I still love em and therefore I find it very hard to poor shit on the band. I think Bono needs to talk to Larry urgently.

agreed.....i think Bono fucked everything up when he appeared everywhere.......with bush blair the labour party conferance preaching on tour i mean i believe he went to the opening of a crisp packet once.......

i think Larry needs to boot Bono right in the balls and say "we got together to make music"........

lol *hands award back to bash*

kings']What's sad is that U2 have always tried to stop this thing happening to them. Somewhere between Bono's preaching, tax evasions, Bono's name dropping, etc there is a real dislike for him and the band. This has been coming for a while now. I still love em and therefore I find it very hard to poor shit on the band. I think Bono needs to talk to Larry urgently.

he went to bush/blair for africa. africa is still in crisis. my instant thought with seeing bono and bush together was oh no! after all bono's rant on bullet the blue sky, and now he is seen with blair and worse he admits he is an ok guy........

yes bash could have been the start to make matters worse on bono is a tool front.

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

basher1 wrote:

he went to bush/blair for africa. africa is still in crisis. my instant thought with seeing bono and bush together was oh no! after all bono's rant on bullet the blue sky, and now he is seen with blair and worse he admits he is an ok guy........

yes bash could have been the start to make matters worse on bono is a tool front.

i am now beginning to understand why folk hate him so much i dont think it's a band thing i think it's just a Bono thing.

Heya lads.

This site is bullshit.

$50 for what?

U2 have sold out.

I get that all the time Mick, particularly living and being from Dublin, you get dog's abuse for being a U2 fan! My boss gives me a right slagging over it, and I have defended them but don't think you can defend a crap website eyes.gif

Heya lads.

This site is bullshit.

$50 for what?

U2 have sold out.

I get that all the time Mick, particularly living and being from Dublin, you get dog's abuse for being a U2 fan! My boss gives me a right slagging over it, and I have defended them but don't think you can defend a crap website eyes.gif

the thing is i've been to see Radiohead, R.E.M Simple Minds (well now that Jim Kerr has stopped ranting...lol) and some other bands you could say have a "political conciense" but you dont get the preaching from them as much as you do from Bono and i really do think he has seriously damaged u2 over the years with it all.

Really I'm happy for Bono to meet with World Leaders, but FFS do it in private. No cameras! Bono doesn't need photos with arseholes like Bush and Blair. Larry was right. They have a hundred songs that cut deeper with people than anything Bono could preach about. I blame Geldof and his influence on Bono. He's fucked up both Hutchence and Bono now.

oh you know what i forgot to put.......im wondering how long before a fuckwit comes in with a pearl of wisdom that goes "well why do you still come here",..........can't wait for that one.........

and Kings yer right Geldofs a c**t..........try and get a look at a programme called star stories about bono......i tell ye what they are not too far off the mark with it.

It's funny though Bash, the last album worked out fine for me, and I know you loved it to.

But if you married a beautiful woman, with an awesome job, who could cook you the best meal in the world but treated you like shit, then the romance would wear off.

I freaking love U2, loved them every day since I was 10 years old, but it's now hit the point where that means absolutely nothing to them. And that sucks.

And I kinda get the feeling that if Larry and the other two really gave a shit they would have told Bon Bon to shut the fuck up and stop hanging out with the devil about 10 years ago.

oh you know what i forgot to put.......im wondering how long before a fuckwit comes in with a pearl of wisdom that goes "well why do you still come here",..........can't wait for that one.........

and Kings yer right Geldofs a c**t..........try and get a look at a programme called star stories about bono......i tell ye what they are not too far off the mark with it.

Bash we come here because we a real fans.  Yes i said it folks. The people in here tonight are the biggest realest fans U2 has ever had.

That's why we're here right now.

And that's why we're so pissed off.

Why do I personally still come here? Because in my heart of hearts I'm still a die-hard u2 fan, and a sucker enough to want my free CD and my email address.

There's also still some lovely folk in here to chat to. and I enjoy that.

But realistaically you can chat anywhere on the net can't you?

Bono is personally responsible for doing some serious damage to the bands legacy, and I find it so sad to think that the greatest band of our generation will possibly be remembered as wankers and douchebags.

Why the fuck are they in a position that people will be celebrating the day that U2 breaks up? Or even worse, can you imagine what peeps will be saying the day Bon Bon departs the planet?

That's fucked.

Bash. For me it's not the music and it's not their Tour whatsoever. I still love their work. It's the bad advice and down right stupid descision making. That's why I went on t a rant about Paul McGuiness a while ago. Too many people pissing in their pockets ATM.

[quote name='mick james wrote:

basher1 wrote:

It's funny though Bash, the last album worked out fine for me, and I know you loved it to.

But if you married a beautiful woman, with an awesome job, who could cook you the best meal in the world but treated you like shit, then the romance would wear off.

I freaking love U2, loved them every day since I was 10 years old, but it's now hit the point where that means absolutely nothing to them. And that sucks.

And I kinda get the feeling that if Larry and the other two really gave a shit they would have told Bon Bon to shut the fuck up and stop hanging out with the devil about 10 years ago.

yeah Mick loved No Line when it first came out and still do i still say its the best thing they have done.

now i got into them when boy came out and apart from the 10 year hiatus from them (no need to go into that one) ive liked some of the stuff they have done but some of the stuff has been horrenous i mean the sweetest thing come on what the hell.......

but now i dunno sometimes i think i should have not bothered coming back into u2 because if i had known when i came back that i'd be sitting writing some of the stuff i had i wouldn't have bothered coming here in the first place 5 years ago.

I'm sorry to say it lads, but they've put profit before everything else. I know that U2 is a buisness and fair enough, I accept that. But I really do feel they're taking the piss now out of us fans, who've made them rich beyond they're wildest dreams by saving up our hard earned money, going to gigs, travelling to see the gigs, cd's merchandise etc etc etc.

They're forgotten and lost sight of just who put them in their priveldged positions in life. And I, for one, think it's taking liberties and just isn't on.

Bash. For me it's not the music and it's not their Tour whatsoever. I still love their work. It's the bad advice and down right stupid descision making. That's why I went on t a rant about Paul McGuiness a while ago. Too many people pissing in their pockets ATM.
Fair do's mate/......

i must have missed the PM thing i think......but your right.

errrr? we come here because we can. and we have loved the band for so long, knowing there is one more amazing album in them yet? and mostly because we paid to do so, so we might aswell use it? and because i love talking to my zootop mates. doesnt mean if there is a problem with u2 making $$$ i can admit the truth that u2 are not a working band anymore, they are a reunion band every 5 years who live off the joshua tree with stunning stage effects live these days?

i loved the 360 show i went to by the way, i thought it was a good make up for the popmart tour i missed, plus i wanted to take both my songs to see them live, more than i wanted to go myself.

but its not even fit enough to lick zootv's boots, when u2 were a band who brought out music not for the hype. zooropa i consider to be one of their best, and because the sales flunked, people say its one of the worst albums..............