Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basher1

Totally Disgraceful......

[quote name='mick james wrote:

Bonohood']I only use the General Forum and the All About U2 and they´re not playing in Ireland this year, so I´m not thinking of renewing, especially because many who were paying members like I used to be until 2 days ago, didn´t get tickets even though they had pre-sale codes last year.

The advertisement on this site is a bit too much on your (or my) face, for my taste, but the forum has improved. I no longer see bullies around and I hear Zootician is gone, which I´m not convinced, but at least if he´s around he´s not bothering me.

Hi mate,

the forum is certainly back on track.  I realy enjoy talking to folks in here.

But it's the people that make the forum.

So basically WE generate the content that's worth coming to this website for

U2 should be paying us $50 each to be subscribing to US!!!

Hiya.

M. James: Thatwas meant as a general feedback. I normally explicitly disagree with what wassaid on the initial post when it’s the case. And by that I mean I agree withBasher. As he made a strong argument about the price I talked about ´the rest`.

What Itried to say is that the pre-sale codes is the main reason I subscribed in thepast as I normally use this forum and All About U2 only. It doesn’t mean Ithink it’s ok to be charged such amount [or to be charged at all], though.

Kris: Imeant that I think the prices of the products on their online shop could bedisplayed in currencies other than dollars.

Iappreciate your replies. They’ll help me be clearer in the future.

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

bonosbaby25 wrote:

basher1 wrote:

bonosbaby25']I really hope that something gets done about this.. and maybe the thread Mick has started will make a difference.. but I can't help feeling that the powers that be really couldn't care less.. sad really..

sorry to say this but i do agree Dawn i don't think they really give a monkeys about the folk on here to tell the truth.

thing is they will probably do something like put out some unreleased stuff on here just to appease folk and like normal it will all be forgotten.....hope thats not the case though.

Barry.. I can't even see them putting out unreleased stuff.. they don't care that people are getting fucked over by this place.. it's been going on for a long time, now.. and nobody cares!! I think it's a kick in the teeth for the subscribers to put the AH songs out on vinyl... the subs gift is sposed to be exclusive.. what a pile of poo.. mind.. I still don't know what the AH songs are like.. I haven't received mine yet.. and I re-subbed in october, I think..

i could burn it to disc and send it down to ye....

lol - nah.. thanks.. I'm not that fussed.. lol

[quote name='Bonohood wrote:

mick james wrote:

Bonohood']I only use the General Forum and the All About U2 and they´re not playing in Ireland this year, so I´m not thinking of renewing, especially because many who were paying members like I used to be until 2 days ago, didn´t get tickets even though they had pre-sale codes last year.

The advertisement on this site is a bit too much on your (or my) face, for my taste, but the forum has improved. I no longer see bullies around and I hear Zootician is gone, which I´m not convinced, but at least if he´s around he´s not bothering me.

Hi mate,

the forum is certainly back on track.  I realy enjoy talking to folks in here.

But it's the people that make the forum.

So basically WE generate the content that's worth coming to this website for

U2 should be paying us $50 each to be subscribing to US!!!

Hiya.

M. James: Thatwas meant as a general feedback. I normally explicitly disagree with what wassaid on the initial post when it’s the case. And by that I mean I agree withBasher. As he made a strong argument about the price I talked about ´the rest`.

What Itried to say is that the pre-sale codes is the main reason I subscribed in thepast as I normally use this forum and All About U2 only. It doesn’t mean Ithink it’s ok to be charged such amount [or to be charged at all], though.

Kris: Imeant that I think the prices of the products on their online shop could bedisplayed in currencies other than dollars.

Iappreciate your replies. They’ll help me be clearer in the future.

Hi mate, I was agreeing with youhappy.gif

Cheers

[quote name='bonosbaby25 wrote:

basher1 wrote:

bonosbaby25']I really hope that something gets done about this.. and maybe the thread Mick has started will make a difference.. but I can't help feeling that the powers that be really couldn't care less.. sad really..

sorry to say this but i do agree Dawn i don't think they really give a monkeys about the folk on here to tell the truth.

thing is they will probably do something like put out some unreleased stuff on here just to appease folk and like normal it will all be forgotten.....hope thats not the case though.

Barry.. I can't even see them putting out unreleased stuff.. they don't care that people are getting fucked over by this place.. it's been going on for a long time, now.. and nobody cares!! I think it's a kick in the teeth for the subscribers to put the AH songs out on vinyl... the subs gift is sposed to be exclusive.. what a pile of poo.. mind.. I still don't know what the AH songs are like.. I haven't received mine yet.. and I re-subbed in october, I think..

Dawn , Barry,

If anything, we are just finally proving to ourselves that this site has feck all to do with the band, and that they really don't care.

If we get a response, bloody brilliant.

But if not, well at least we know where we stand.

Let's not give up for the minute though - if you have any Zootop mates on Facebook  or what-not that don't come here any more - ask them to pop in and leave their name. We haven't even cracked 50 yet.

Mind - I think that's not bad considering what a ghost town the Zoo is at the moment.

And if our Surrenders lets any Zootops at atu2 and interference know, we might see some more numbers.

cheers mates.

bonosbaby25 wrote:

basher1 wrote:

Dawn , Barry,

If anything, we are just finally proving to ourselves that this site has feck all to do with the band, and that they really don't care.

If we get a response, bloody brilliant.

But if not, well at least we know where we stand.

Let's not give up for the minute though - if you have any Zootop mates on Facebook  or what-not that don't come here any more - ask them to pop in and leave their name. We haven't even cracked 50 yet.

Mind - I think that's not bad considering what a ghost town the Zoo is at the moment.

And if our Surrenders lets any Zootops at atu2 and interference know, we might see some more numbers.

cheers mates.

i find it quite strange that there has been no response of any sort so i guess this just proves what we've been saying that they are happy to take our cash but reluctant to listen to us...........

Let's face it if this had have been a t.v a kettle or something like that where the issue has not been resolved to your satisfsaction and you're not getting value for money you would take it further this place should be no different.

Hey bottom line is...  if your not happy... dont renew. I dont know what you people are looking for...  U2 is a business, just like any band is a business. With the way music/CD sales are today, the music industry is dying. I will resubscribe again. Im not saying your opinions are wrong, but if your that unhappy and dont want to pay... dont renew.  There are a lot of U2 haters out there...  I am still a Huge fan and would hate to see these guys stop doing what they do best,  make great music together. You have a choice wether you want to pay the fee or not, so if you dont like it...  dont renew

Hey bottom line is...  if your not happy... dont renew. I dont know what you people are looking for...  U2 is a business, just like any band is a business. With the way music/CD sales are today, the music industry is dying. I will resubscribe again. Im not saying your opinions are wrong, but if your that unhappy and dont want to pay... dont renew.  There are a lot of U2 haters out there...  I am still a Huge fan and would hate to see these guys stop doing what they do best,  make great music together. You have a choice wether you want to pay the fee or not, so if you dont like it...  dont renew

It's nothing to do with being U2 haters or any such rubbish.

And the hoary old chestnut of "don't renew" doesn't gel well with many of us.

Why?

Because we've paid to be members here since they first started taking fees, and believe it or not, we want to be part of the official fanclub.

Simple, yeah? 

We want to be here. 

We just want the site to work properly and be a fair representation of the band whose name is on the front page.

The technical issues etc that the majority of us are upset about vs the cost of subscibing, and the fact that a year into this new formatted site, stuff all has been done about it, is the issue at hand.

"Don't renew"

We're not that bloody stupid, that we don't understand that concept mate.

This site is a product like any other, and you have certains rights and expectations when purchasing a product.

In fairness, Bash and Mick are spot on. The site is sub standard, its a product and if its not up to scratch something has to be done. My sub ran out last week and couldnt give two shits about it... There are other factors in my decision not to renew but mainly its just not worth it. 40 euro or whatever it is i can spend on pokemon cards and Happy Meals...

And as for the music industry dying on its arse due to lack of cd sales etc etc... ME HOLE!!! Piracy has been around for years, as tommy tiernan said, " We all remember the big scandal of taping songs off the radio!" 15-20 quid for a mass produced bit of plastic and a case?? I'd say theyre losing their bollix alrite....

Sites not good enough, hasnt worked right for ages and its not really all that great. Simple.

I never said you were stupid or didnt get the concept... i didnt pay $50 to renew this year... 

this was taking from the e-mail i got back in October

Current U2.com subscribers who used their presale access code to buy tickets for 2009 European shows, and who wish to enter the presales for 2010 shows, can now resubscribe at a reduced rate.

i believe i paid 30 - 40 dollars to renew and again... i understnad your not happy with your "product"

and i understand you have every right to complain... im saying..  If your THAT UNHAPPY  with the product  dont buy it.

In fairness, Bash and Mick are spot on. The site is sub standard, its a product and if its not up to scratch something has to be done. My sub ran out last week and couldnt give two shits about it... There are other factors in my decision not to renew but mainly its just not worth it. 40 euro or whatever it is i can spend on pokemon cards and Happy Meals...

And as for the music industry dying on its arse due to lack of cd sales etc etc... ME HOLE!!! Piracy has been around for years, as tommy tiernan said, " We all remember the big scandal of taping songs off the radio!" 15-20 quid for a mass produced bit of plastic and a case?? I'd say theyre losing their bollix alrite....

Sites not good enough, hasnt worked right for ages and its not really all that great. Simple.

Nice to see you Danny Boi!

I'm with you on this, well said. I'm happy being a part of this site and enjoy it for what it is, a place to be part of a fan community and where I can dip into a world of U2. Personally I don't really care who has an opinion on Bono or the band on any given day in the press or in the pub, who cares! Fact is over 25 years on they still make great music and are still at the top of their game, long may it continue as far as I'm concerned. 

I never said you were stupid or didnt get the concept... i didnt pay $50 to renew this year... 

this was taking from the e-mail i got back in October

Current U2.com subscribers who used their presale access code to buy tickets for 2009 European shows, and who wish to enter the presales for 2010 shows, can now resubscribe at a reduced rate.

i believe i paid 30 - 40 dollars to renew and again... i understnad your not happy with your "product"

and i understand you have every right to complain... im saying..  If your THAT UNHAPPY  with the product  dont buy it.

Like I pretty clearly stated,

We buy it because we actually want to be part of the official fanclub.

I understand the notion of not buying a product you're not happy with, but you may also appreciate the fact that many have enjoyed being a member of the U2 fan club in this form or Propaganda before it, for many years.

Is it so unsusual that U2 fans would have some desire to be part of the official fan club?

Is it strange that we want this site to function properly?

Is it odd to think that the biggest band in the world should have a good website?

Mate I assure you that we're not that upset that any sleep is being lost. 

We just have seen this place go from a pretty fun website, into a place where people can't even log into their accounts or check the email facility that they have paid for as part of the package.

Now I could take my bat and ball and go home, or i could ask someone to see if these issues could be fixed.

thanks Anjana...  when you signed  up you were promised presale Codes and a CD  i got both...  i got what i payed for

i dont have any issues of not being able to sign on... but i cant argue about the e-mail.. mine isnt working either... but that really doesnt bother me much... i have another e-mail address

[quote name='Anjana wrote:

djscottu2']Hey bottom line is...  if your not happy... dont renew. I dont know what you people are looking for...  U2 is a business, just like any band is a business. With the way music/CD sales are today, the music industry is dying. I will resubscribe again. Im not saying your opinions are wrong, but if your that unhappy and dont want to pay... dont renew.  There are a lot of U2 haters out there...  I am still a Huge fan and would hate to see these guys stop doing what they do best,  make great music together. You have a choice wether you want to pay the fee or not, so if you dont like it...  dont renew

I'm with you on this, well said. I'm happy being a part of this site and enjoy it for what it is, a place to be part of a fan community and where I can dip into a world of U2. Personally I don't really care who has an opinion on Bono or the band on any given day in the press or in the pub, who cares! Fact is over 25 years on they still make great music and are still at the top of their game, long may it continue as far as I'm concerned. 

It's funny that many of you can't separate being a fan of the band and enjoying their music, from a poorly managed website.

The two are exclusive from each other.

As for enjoying being part of the U2 community, um.... well we do to yeah?

It's just that 80% of the community has up and pissed off to Facebook, atu2.com and interference.com because of the tech issues and lack of decent content on the official pay site.

Surely Anjana, you'd enjoy this community even more if the many people that used to come here to chat etc, were here still?

Nowdays a thread can sit in the front page for a week and only get a handful of responses.

Wouldn't you enjoy it more if there were many active fans?  

Danny_Boi']In fairness, Bash and Mick are spot on. The site is sub standard, its a product and if its not up to scratch something has to be done. My sub ran out last week and couldnt give two shits about it... There are other factors in my decision not to renew but mainly its just not worth it. 40 euro or whatever it is i can spend on pokemon cards and Happy Meals...

Likewise Mick! Tis been a while! hope alls well mate.

i dont have any issues of not being able to sign on... but i cant argue about the e-mail.. mine isnt working either... but that really doesnt bother me much... i have another e-mail address
Well that's a bit of a cop-out. 

Part of the pay-package is a working U2.com email address.

Glad your not bothered, but that's beside the point really.

I'm sure everyone else has another email address to, but many would actually like their @ u2.com account to be functional.

thanks Anjana...  when you signed  up you were promised presale Codes and a CD  i got both...  i got what i payed for

You were promised an "exclusive" CD.

Now it's being pressed up as a much more impressive triple deluxe purple vinyl set that anyone can purchase.

Not really exclusive anymore.

Many fans in the UK and Ireland were advised to resub early to obtain another presale code for 2010.

Then after that fact the tour was announced to be playing pretty much everywhere in europe and the US, except the UK and Eire.

So a presale code to what?

[quote name='Danny_Boi wrote:

mick james wrote:

Danny_Boi']In fairness, Bash and Mick are spot on. The site is sub standard, its a product and if its not up to scratch something has to be done. My sub ran out last week and couldnt give two shits about it... There are other factors in my decision not to renew but mainly its just not worth it. 40 euro or whatever it is i can spend on pokemon cards and Happy Meals...

Likewise Mick! Tis been a while! hope alls well mate.I'll come find ya on FB fella.

We miss you and the many other great people that have let their subs lapse, after being passionate members for many a year due to the issues at hand.

they posted the dates of the tour when they asked if you wanted to renew...

i dont nescirally (i dont know if i spelt that right) disagree with you...  you make a good point...  your unsatisfied and want it to be working properly. I agree... it should work properly

they posted the dates of the tour when they asked if you wanted to renew...
Not entirely true mate.  They had an early re-subscription last year before many or all of the tour dates were advertised/ announced, and were adding dates after this point.

They also added another show in Salt Lake City at the start of the tour after many had organised to go to Anaheim for what was meant to be the opening night.

i dont nescirally (i dont know if i spelt that right) disagree with you...  you make a good point...  your unsatisfied and want it to be working properly. I agree... it should work properly

nescarsarily :)

Djscottu2,  mate I can assure you that this is just some people who really love U2, that wan't the fanclub to be a good place to come, like it has been in the past.

Cheers mate

Mick 

No problem...  i understand what your saying and dont disagree...  i still enjoy coming here..  ive been a member for 5 - 6 years and a fan for 27 years...