Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basher1

Totally Disgraceful......

No problem...  i understand what your saying and dont disagree...  i still enjoy coming here..  ive been a member for 5 - 6 years and a fan for 27 years...
Awesome, same here, been a member for 5-6 years, and a fan for 21 years.

And believe or not, I still do enjoy coming here mate, that's why I'm still here :)

[quote name='mick james wrote:

Anjana wrote:

djscottu2']Hey bottom line is...  if your not happy... dont renew. I dont know what you people are looking for...  U2 is a business, just like any band is a business. With the way music/CD sales are today, the music industry is dying. I will resubscribe again. Im not saying your opinions are wrong, but if your that unhappy and dont want to pay... dont renew.  There are a lot of U2 haters out there...  I am still a Huge fan and would hate to see these guys stop doing what they do best,  make great music together. You have a choice wether you want to pay the fee or not, so if you dont like it...  dont renew

I'm with you on this, well said. I'm happy being a part of this site and enjoy it for what it is, a place to be part of a fan community and where I can dip into a world of U2. Personally I don't really care who has an opinion on Bono or the band on any given day in the press or in the pub, who cares! Fact is over 25 years on they still make great music and are still at the top of their game, long may it continue as far as I'm concerned. 

It's funny that many of you can't separate being a fan of the band and enjoying their music, from a poorly managed website.

The two are exclusive from each other.

As for enjoying being part of the U2 community, um.... well we do to yeah?

It's just that 80% of the community has up and pissed off to Facebook, atu2.com and interference.com because of the tech issues and lack of decent content on the official pay site.

Surely Anjana, you'd enjoy this community even more if the many people that used to come here to chat etc, were here still?

Nowdays a thread can sit in the front page for a week and only get a handful of responses.

Wouldn't you enjoy it more if there were many active fans?  I do understand what you are saying and the points you are making and I'm quite capable of understanding the distinction between being a fan of the music and technical problems with a website. Whether you feel you get your money's worth comes down to expectation and for me, apart from the odd glitch, I've had no problems with the site and I have no issues with it, on the whole I get what I want from it. I can understand the frustration of those who do have problems that aren't addressed and I don't see any problem complaining, asking for issues to be addressed, improvements etc but some of us are happy with what we've paid for and there's nothing wrong with that.

[quote name='Anjana wrote:

mick james wrote:

Anjana wrote:

djscottu2']Hey bottom line is...  if your not happy... dont renew. I dont know what you people are looking for...  U2 is a business, just like any band is a business. With the way music/CD sales are today, the music industry is dying. I will resubscribe again. Im not saying your opinions are wrong, but if your that unhappy and dont want to pay... dont renew.  There are a lot of U2 haters out there...  I am still a Huge fan and would hate to see these guys stop doing what they do best,  make great music together. You have a choice wether you want to pay the fee or not, so if you dont like it...  dont renew

I'm with you on this, well said. I'm happy being a part of this site and enjoy it for what it is, a place to be part of a fan community and where I can dip into a world of U2. Personally I don't really care who has an opinion on Bono or the band on any given day in the press or in the pub, who cares! Fact is over 25 years on they still make great music and are still at the top of their game, long may it continue as far as I'm concerned. 

It's funny that many of you can't separate being a fan of the band and enjoying their music, from a poorly managed website.

The two are exclusive from each other.

As for enjoying being part of the U2 community, um.... well we do to yeah?

It's just that 80% of the community has up and pissed off to Facebook, atu2.com and interference.com because of the tech issues and lack of decent content on the official pay site.

Surely Anjana, you'd enjoy this community even more if the many people that used to come here to chat etc, were here still?

Nowdays a thread can sit in the front page for a week and only get a handful of responses.

Wouldn't you enjoy it more if there were many active fans?  
I do understand what you are saying and the points you are making and I'm quite capable of understanding the distinction between being a fan of the music and technical problems with a website. Whether you feel you get your money's worth comes down to expectation and for me, apart from the odd glitch, I've had no problems with the site and I have no issues with it, on the whole I get what I want from it. I can understand the frustration of those who do have problems that aren't addressed and I don't see any problem complaining, asking for issues to be addressed, improvements etc but some of us are happy with what we've paid for and there's nothing wrong with that.

So Anjana,

We agree.

There's nothing wrong with being frustrated and wanting problems fixed.

And there's nothing at all wrong with being completley satisfied with the site as it currently stands.

I'm actually glad you enjoy the site for what it is.

Just tell me, wouldn't you enjoy it even more if everyone else was happy too?

If all the people that have left because of the issues, were still here participating in the Zoo wouldn't we all be, as U2 fans, better off? 

And I do ask this to you respectfully.

I have just read through this thread from start to finish. Very entertaining and informative at the same time. This is the kind of thread that you wish would happen more often.

My 2 cents on the matter with regards to tech problems is that sometimes when I try to go to the U2 shop, it doesn't actually show the stuff for sale. Just boxes with x's all over them that you can't access. Doesn' t bring up the merchandise.

I've never had a problem navigating around the site. But maybe I'm not digging deep enough to run into issues.

I do agree with all the other posts that @U2 has alot of newer info than this site.

I joined this site after Vertigo to make sure I got tickets for the next tour. I was damn lucky to get tickets to the Veritgo show. I got my presale last year and got what I wanted and again this year.

Excellent thread.

Thanks everyone.

Of course there's nothing wrong asking for problems to be addressed if your personal expectations are not met but I doubt there will be a time when everyone is happy with the site because everyone has different expectations of it, some will be happy, some won't, some will stay, some will leave. I don't feel I would be happier with the site/Zoo if people who were unhappy hadn't left because I still enjoy the site with the people who still want to be here.  

Of course there's nothing wrong asking for problems to be addressed if your personal expectations are not met but I doubt there will be a time when everyone is happy with the site because everyone has different expectations of it, some will be happy, some won't, some will stay, some will leave. I don't feel I would be happier with the site/Zoo if people who were unhappy hadn't left because I still enjoy the site with the people who still want to be here.  
Mate, that's not what I asked/ meant

Of course peole come and go, that's to be expected on any site.

You say you enjoy the community.

Wouldn't you enjoy the community more if those who were unhappy and left, were happy and stayed?

Is a few hundred satisfied forum participants not a more appealing prospect than twenty happy ones?

Would you not prefer a busy forum than one where the tumbleweeds chat to the invisible man?

I think you're missing the point about "people who want to be here"

We all have someone who we enjoy chatting to in here, that's why we still participate

Believe it or not, most if not all of the upset paying members "want to be here"

That's why we joined in the first place.

i get what you're saying, mick! and i can very well imagine how the people who cant get in must feel, cause for couple of days in october last year, i had no access to my home. because of those people i signed your thread.

but i do have a problem with the way things are put in some posts.... like adjana says its fine to demand the things you expect cause you paid for them. but it should be fine too, to just be happy with this site....

you say:" ofcourse it is!" but some posters said/insinuated that the ones who didnt complain were either just to chickenshit to do so or else member of the 'u2-can-do-no-wrong-club'... it seems that many 'old' members have a prob with acknowledging another view but their own, when it comes to this tour, album, bono's charitywork, and finally this site. and thats a shame....

i get what you're saying, mick! and i can very well imagine how the people who cant get in must feel, cause for couple of days in october last year, i had no access to my home. because of those people i signed your thread.

but i do have a problem with the way things are put in some posts.... like adjana says its fine to demand the things you expect cause you paid for them. but it should be fine too, to just be happy with this site....

you say:" ofcourse it is!" but some posters said/insinuated that the ones who didnt complain were either just to chickenshit to do so or else member of the 'u2-can-do-no-wrong-club'... it seems that many 'old' members have a prob with acknowledging another view but their own, when it comes to this tour, album, bono's charitywork, and finally this site. and thats a shame....

Heya Babs!

Mate, I am happy that you and several others genuinely enjoy U2.com in it's current format.

Obviously when people are upset, many things are often said. And I'll agree that a few of us have gone a bit hard in this thread - I'll happily put my hand up there.  (I still think Bono looks hot as Lady Ga Ga.....)

There's nothing at all wrong with enjoying every aspect of the band, the charity work etc etc.

But there is many a U2-can-do-no-wrong style fan getting around - and that's a different thing than being like yourself Babs - you're just a satisfied U2 fan, and that's great.

That being said, I wouldn't apply that title to anyone who has clearly stated that they are totally satisfied with the site for whatever reason and has added to this debate with that veiwpoint.

In fact, it's appreciated, and the whole point of a forum, is being able to state your specific veiwpoint respectfully, and expect respect in return.

Like I've said already, there's nothing at all wrong with being happy about U2.com as it stands.

But being told by many to "just leave, or cancel your membership" just doesn't work for me.

And i ask anyone out there, satisfied or not,

Wouldn't you like this place more if it was better than it is now?

And to those who think it's great now - wouldn't it be even better?

yes-yes.

and i did think the lady bo-bo picture was funny... i can take quite a bit of humor...even when you guys are mocking my beloved b-man wink.gif thanx for the respect , mick, seriously, you always stay respectful and friendly in your posts even if you're obviously pissed! i admire you for being able to point out your thoughts and feelings like that.

*puppy dog eyes*

and what's wrong with mocking bono

it's my fave past time

tongue.gifwink.gif

yes-yes.

and i did think the lady bo-bo picture was funny... i can take quite a bit of humor...even when you guys are mocking my beloved b-man wink.gif thanx for the respect , mick, seriously, you always stay respectful and friendly in your posts even if you're obviously pissed! i admire you for being able to point out your thoughts and feelings like that.

As always Mick, you rocked those responses to djscottu2 and Anjana. You see that Barbara says the same as I about you being respectful and friendly in your posts :P When people get kicked in the teeth by some of the other passionate posters in this thread, they just put their fingers in their ears and leave the thread. Your approach is much more effective.

[quote name='Nancy_Hanks wrote:

barbara1']yes-yes.

and i did think the lady bo-bo picture was funny... i can take quite a bit of humor...even when you guys are mocking my beloved b-man
wink.gif
 thanx for the respect , mick, seriously, you always stay respectful and friendly in your posts even if you're obviously pissed! i admire you for being able to point out your thoughts and feelings like that.

As always Mick, you rocked those responses to djscottu2 and Anjana. You see that Barbara says the same as I about you being respectful and friendly in your posts :P When people get kicked in the teeth by some of the other passionate posters in this thread, they just put their fingers in their ears and leave the thread. Your approach is much more effective.Heya Tommy! And heya Babs.

And cheers :)

But it's no good having a debate on the matter if  we don't allow all sides to have their say.

Even if everyone knows that me, Basher, Mac and the gang are right.

(I joke, I joke......laugh.gif)

*puppy dog eyes*

it's my fave past time

tongue.gifwink.gif

Hey Claire, looks like we have the same hobby!roll.gif

The best mates are the ones you can take the piss out of, yeah?

Claire T']*puppy dog eyes*

it's my fave past time

tongue.gifwink.gif

as long as you both leave off that sexy ass!!! laugh.gif

and to be serious just been reading through the last couple of pages, and it is good to see so many different opinions but all coming together to agree that at times the fans need to be treated better. I am one who is happy etc... at the moment but i can see that there coud be improvements to make more people happy and me even happier!

and hope you've all had a good weekend!

it's my fave past time

tongue.gifwink.gif

was sich liebt das neckt sich....

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

mick james wrote:

it's my fave past time

tongue.gifwink.gif

Hey Claire, looks like we have the same hobby!
roll.gif

was sich liebt das neckt sich....

The quarrel of lovers is the renewal of love.

Nancy_Hanks wrote:

barbara1']yes-yes.

and i did think the lady bo-bo picture was funny... i can take quite a bit of humor...even when you guys are mocking my beloved b-man
wink.gif
 thanx for the respect , mick, seriously, you always stay respectful and friendly in your posts even if you're obviously pissed! i admire you for being able to point out your thoughts and feelings like that.

As always Mick, you rocked those responses to djscottu2 and Anjana. You see that Barbara says the same as I about you being respectful and friendly in your posts
:P
When people get kicked in the teeth by some of the other passionate posters in this thread, they just put their fingers in their ears and leave the thread. Your approach is much more effective.
Heya Tommy! And heya Babs.

And cheers :)

But it's no good having a debate on the matter if  we don't allow all sides to have their say.

Even if everyone knows that me, Basher, Mac and the gang are right.

(I joke, I joke......laugh.gif)

No..No..No! I haven't had a nickname since I was a kid. So, it's Tommy now... hmmm, alright it's growing on me.

Well, I dont come on here much now, because Im bored with it mainly!! I dont really have any techy issues....apart from never receiving u2.com emails! But when I read through the threads, nothing interests me! Most of my zoo friends are on facebook, so we catch up on there. I paid up $50 in December, got another pre-sales code which to me is useless as there are no more uk dates, so I gave it away. I got the CD which is ok....but not worth $50!!!

I dont think I'll be resubbing end of this year...unless they add something to the site which draws me in. I think as regards to u2.com.....they need to go away and dream it all up again! ;-)

Hey bottom line is...  if your not happy... dont renew. I dont know what you people are looking for...  U2 is a business, just like any band is a business. With the way music/CD sales are today, the music industry is dying. I will resubscribe again. Im not saying your opinions are wrong, but if your that unhappy and dont want to pay... dont renew.  There are a lot of U2 haters out there...  I am still a Huge fan and would hate to see these guys stop doing what they do best,  make great music together. You have a choice wether you want to pay the fee or not, so if you dont like it...  dont renew
See now thisd kind of bollocks is the typical cop out i expect from folk who don't have anything to use to defend this place " if your unhappy don't renew" right throughout this last week or so a lot of folk have been trying to act in the best interests of thier friends then we get a twat like you come along with the often used "well leave" NO you leave go on.....

don't vcome onto here and tell people not to come here who the hell are you to do that????????

but some posters said/insinuated that the ones who didnt complain were either just to chickenshit to do so or else member of the 'u2-can-do-no-wrong-club'..

Yep that was me and i stand by it.....

lets face facts ok $50 to join gets you what????

a site where a lot of stuff has not worked in over a year

an "exclusive subscribers" cd which is being pressed onto vinyl for all and sundry to buy

a pre-sale code for a stadium tour????......it would be useful in an arena tour where space is limited but not a stadium tour you could pick tickets up no problem.

decent lack of news exclusives competitions etc etc etc..

do i really need to go on.

if people are happy with having an under functioning website then fine more fool you. but there are people on here who pay good money and want what it says on the tin........this site should be taken to the trades description offices for misleading people.

As always Mick, you rocked those responses to djscottu2 and Anjana. You see that Barbara says the same as I about you being respectful and friendly in your posts :P When people get kicked in the teeth by some of the other passionate posters in this thread, they just put their fingers in their ears and leave the thread. Your approach is much more effective.

Hardly!  Expressed a view. Just don't entirely agree. Done. 

In fairness, Bash and Mick are spot on. The site is sub standard, its a product and if its not up to scratch something has to be done. My sub ran out last week and couldnt give two shits about it... There are other factors in my decision not to renew but mainly its just not worth it. 40 euro or whatever it is i can spend on pokemon cards and Happy Meals...

And as for the music industry dying on its arse due to lack of cd sales etc etc... ME HOLE!!! Piracy has been around for years, as tommy tiernan said, " We all remember the big scandal of taping songs off the radio!" 15-20 quid for a mass produced bit of plastic and a case?? I'd say theyre losing their bollix alrite....

Sites not good enough, hasnt worked right for ages and its not really all that great. Simple.

and thats why i always said ye were a ride Danny......roll.gif

did someone take offense to the BonoGaga pic?! oh pleaaase....

LAUGH!

Fungy it's mental isn't it.....god help anyone who tries to make fun of the messiah eh.....