Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basher1

Totally Disgraceful......

humor is the greatest stress reliever on the planet! whenever Im feeling ill with a cold or just stressed out, i come here to kick back and relax, and more often than not, someone here gives me a smile and a laugh and I feel so much better!

In other words, mick and bash are a "Pill"!!! hahahahahahaah!!!
oh great me n mick are a couple of drugs.....marvellous.......

ok ya want a laugh....

Heather Mills is reported to be still distraught at the break up of her marriage to ex hubby and former beatle Sir Paul Mcartney...she was quoted as saying "I still can't believe the way things turned out,he'll never find another woman to fill my shoe!"

they posted the dates of the tour when they asked if you wanted to renew...

no they didnt.

they posted the dates after because there were so many people re-subbing in the uk, not knowing if they would return this year.

it seems that many 'old' members have a prob with acknowledging another view but their own, when it comes to this tour, album, bono's charitywork, and finally this site. and thats a shame....

--------------------------

Yep that was me and i stand by it.....

lets face facts ok $50 to join gets you what????

a site where a lot of stuff has not worked in over a year

an "exclusive subscribers" cd which is being pressed onto vinyl for all and sundry to buy

a pre-sale code for a stadium tour????......it would be useful in an arena tour where space is limited but not a stadium tour you could pick tickets up no problem.

decent lack of news exclusives competitions etc etc etc..

do i really need to go on.

if people are happy with having an under functioning website then fine more fool you. but there are people on here who pay good money and want what it says on the tin........this site should be taken to the trades description offices for misleading people.

point proven, i rest my case......

it seems that many 'old' members have a prob with acknowledging another view but their own, when it comes to this tour, album, bono's charitywork, and finally this site. and thats a shame....

an "exclusive subscribers" cd which is being pressed onto vinyl for all and sundry to buy

a pre-sale code for a stadium tour????......it would be useful in an arena tour where space is limited but not a stadium tour you could pick tickets up no problem.

if people are happy with having an under functioning website then fine more fool you. but there are people on here who pay good money and want what it says on the tin........this site should be taken to the trades description offices for misleading people.

what point have you proved??????........arrogance maybe but nothing to say that what i have started here is wrong....no-one has yet to come up with a decent defence of this place.

i may be an "old" member but ive defended the latest album until im blue in the face......the gigs i went to were great....bonos charity work well not my thing...........but to tar every "old" member with the same brush is wrong.

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

barbara1']

what point have you proved??????........arrogance maybe but nothing to say that what i have started here is wrong....no-one has yet to come up with a decent defence of this place.

maybe some of the "newer" fans have more of a half arsed attitude to the band. i mean when i was a "new" fan back in 85 or whatever everything u2 touched turned to gold, and they COULD do no wrong. maybe this site is good for them and they care just about the music and not $50 cost a year because they like non existing news on the new dvd, videos (which you can watch on youtube) and most importantly, talking to illusional friends (which costs free in the real world)

i dunno..............ohwell.gif

sonicfungus98']did someone take offense to the BonoGaga pic?! oh pleaaase....

LAUGH!

Fungy it's mental isn't it.....god help anyone who tries to make fun of the messiah eh.....

before talking BS, can any of you both show me where exactly someone stated to be offended by the lady bo-bo pics ?? i didnt read any post like that on this thread... unless someone deleted it already?

and btw basher, we european didnt pay so much for our subscription and yes it would be nice to have the important u2-news here first, and some interaction by the band would be nice too! and yes i would like the tech-issues for the zootops having trouble with this site to be fixed.... but i also enjoy being here and didnt think it was too expensive ( so shoot me, basher)

fact is that most of us agree bout the headlines of micks letter, but the way you 'out' it turns some people off, and no, you don have to care ... like i don have to care bout your discontent.

Hey bottom line is...  if your not happy... dont renew. I dont know what you people are looking for...  U2 is a business, just like any band is a business. With the way music/CD sales are today, the music industry is dying. I will resubscribe again. Im not saying your opinions are wrong, but if your that unhappy and dont want to pay... dont renew.  There are a lot of U2 haters out there...  I am still a Huge fan and would hate to see these guys stop doing what they do best,  make great music together. You have a choice wether you want to pay the fee or not, so if you dont like it...  dont renew
See now thisd kind of bollocks is the typical cop out i expect from folk who don't have anything to use to defend this place " if your unhappy don't renew" right throughout this last week or so a lot of folk have been trying to act in the best interests of thier friends then we get a twat like you come along with the often used "well leave" NO you leave go on.....

don't vcome onto here and tell people not to come here who the hell are you to do that????????

thats was not my point...  i understand people are unhappy and dont want to pay $50.00. if you read on with me and micks discussion/debate, you will see that i do agree with him...  i am not having the same issues as others and wasnt aware of some of the issues. My point is this...  when i renewed...  i was promised codes and a CD and access to the site  for a renewal fee of (i believe i paid $30.00 to renew it was back in October so im not 100% sure of that, but i know i didnt pay a full price to renew) anyway...  i got my codes my cd and my access to the site...  i may not be able to use the e-mail  but to tell you the truth that doesnt bother me much.  i got what i paid for...  all im saying is this...  If Your THAT unhappy with the site, yes its ok to complain, i didnt say it wasnt...  but if your complaining gets you know where and your still that unhappy.. you have a choice...  do i want to continue contributing my hard earned money to a sit im NOT happy with... if it were me, as big of a fan as i am....  if i was Unhappy with the site i would leave and not pay the cash....  im not against your opinion. Im unaware of people not being able to sign on, i havent had those issues  and if i did and i paid the money.. then id be pissed too...  if i didnt get the presale codes id be pissed too... if i didnt recieve the CD  id be pissed too..... 

The first few pages of this post are pretty harsh though in my opinion. Thats why im saying i dont know what you people were expecting when you signed up to this web site, Access, Presale Codes, and a CD... i understand some people have codes to a tour that isnt coming to your area... im in the same boat... i was hoping they would add a Boston show and they didnt  so i still have my codes... but im not bitter about it...  they arent going to come to Boston just for me because i paid $30.00 to renew my subscription... i should have waited to renew when there was a definite Boston show...  but i didnt renew just for presale codes...  i renewed as a Fan of a band i love to listen to and admire...  I never said "Dont come on here"  heres a scenario... you go out to dinner  you buy a steak... its tough and grissly... you complain  you dont like it... nothing happens... you go back the next week...  you buy a steak...  its tough and grissly... you complain you dont like it...  nothing happens...  would you go back again?

Im not unhappy with the site... my "steak" is pretty good... my point is...  if your that Unhappy why would you renew?

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

mick james wrote:

Claire T']*puppy dog eyes*

and what's wrong with mocking bono

it's my fave past time

tongue.gifwink.gif

Hey Claire, looks like we have the same hobby!
roll.gif

The best mates are the ones you can take the piss out of, yeah?

as long as you both leave off that sexy ass!!! laugh.gif

and to be serious just been reading through the last couple of pages, and it is good to see so many different opinions but all coming together to agree that at times the fans need to be treated better. I am one who is happy etc... at the moment but i can see that there coud be improvements to make more people happy and me even happier!

and hope you've all had a good weekend!

see this a point of Bono delusions since we ALL know Adam has the best arse in U2 lol

anyway that's off topic to the point in hand!

[quote name='djscottu2 wrote:

djscottu2']Hey bottom line is...  if your not happy... dont renew. I dont know what you people are looking for...  U2 is a business, just like any band is a business. With the way music/CD sales are today, the music industry is dying. I will resubscribe again. Im not saying your opinions are wrong, but if your that unhappy and dont want to pay... dont renew.  There are a lot of U2 haters out there...  I am still a Huge fan and would hate to see these guys stop doing what they do best,  make great music together. You have a choice wether you want to pay the fee or not, so if you dont like it...  dont renew

See now thisd kind of bollocks is the typical cop out i expect from folk who don't have anything to use to defend this place " if your unhappy don't renew" right throughout this last week or so a lot of folk have been trying to act in the best interests of thier friends then we get a twat like you come along with the often used "well leave" NO you leave go on.....

don't vcome onto here and tell people not to come here who the hell are you to do that????????

thats was not my point...  i understand people are unhappy and dont want to pay $50.00. if you read on with me and micks discussion/debate, you will see that i do agree with him...  i am not having the same issues as others and wasnt aware of some of the issues. My point is this...  when i renewed...  i was promised codes and a CD and access to the site  for a renewal fee of (i believe i paid $30.00 to renew it was back in October so im not 100% sure of that, but i know i didnt pay a full price to renew) anyway...  i got my codes my cd and my access to the site...  i may not be able to use the e-mail  but to tell you the truth that doesnt bother me much.  i got what i paid for...  all im saying is this...  If Your THAT unhappy with the site, yes its ok to complain, i didnt say it wasnt...  but if your complaining gets you know where and your still that unhappy.. you have a choice...  do i want to continue contributing my hard earned money to a sit im NOT happy with... if it were me, as big of a fan as i am....  if i was Unhappy with the site i would leave and not pay the cash....  im not against your opinion. Im unaware of people not being able to sign on, i havent had those issues  and if i did and i paid the money.. then id be pissed too...  if i didnt get the presale codes id be pissed too... if i didnt recieve the CD  id be pissed too..... 

The first few pages of this post are pretty harsh though in my opinion. Thats why im saying i dont know what you people were expecting when you signed up to this web site, Access, Presale Codes, and a CD... i understand some people have codes to a tour that isnt coming to your area... im in the same boat... i was hoping they would add a Boston show and they didnt  so i still have my codes... but im not bitter about it...  they arent going to come to Boston just for me because i paid $30.00 to renew my subscription... i should have waited to renew when there was a definite Boston show...  but i didnt renew just for presale codes...  i renewed as a Fan of a band i love to listen to and admire...  I never said "Dont come on here"  heres a scenario... you go out to dinner  you buy a steak... its tough and grissly... you complain  you dont like it... nothing happens... you go back the next week...  you buy a steak...  its tough and grissly... you complain you dont like it...  nothing happens...  would you go back again?

Im not unhappy with the site... my "steak" is pretty good... my point is...  if your that Unhappy why would you renew?

if you buy a steak and its tough and grissly, you would get another one cooked to your liking. if it happened again, the chef would get a bollocking.

barbara1
']

your reaction only proves my opinion bout the 'older' members. i'm not saying what you started here is wrong but you can not accept another view on this (or any other) matter... and bash everyone off who doesnt entirely agree. you ask a decent defend, but ofcourse not one will suffice .  i don think there's anything more for me to say about the subject. i already spoke my mind in previous posts.

OMG chill out people (yes says me)

The thing i'm seeing is this IS an offical site! The band COULD have more to do with it. ther COULD be more stuff like compations and the news REALLY should be here first and not at atu2.com.

To be honest it should be regardless at how much you pay (even though $50 at the moment is around £33 or 37 euro)

and official site should be the first place to stop and get info.

I like talking to me mates on here but I'd like to know more about what the band is up and news ON THIS SITE first lol

There needs to be more than just a forum to occupy and keep the fans happy! (Lets face it plenty of them around the web)

*shuts up goes back to doing her Fernando fan site*

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

basher1 wrote:

sonicfungus98']did someone take offense to the BonoGaga pic?! oh pleaaase....

LAUGH!

Fungy it's mental isn't it.....god help anyone who tries to make fun of the messiah eh.....

before talking BS, can any of you both show me where exactly someone stated to be offended by the lady bo-bo pics ?? i didnt read any post like that on this thread... unless someone deleted it already?

and btw basher, we european didnt pay so much for our subscription and yes it would be nice to have the important u2-news here first, and some interaction by the band would be nice too! and yes i would like the tech-issues for the zootops having trouble with this site to be fixed.... but i also enjoy being here and didnt think it was too expensive ( so shoot me, basher)

fact is that most of us agree bout the headlines of micks letter, but the way you 'out' it turns some people off, and no, you don have to care ... like i don have to care bout your discontent.erm....before talking BS to me i don't believe i have to justify anything to you it was a comment fungy made that i responded to.

so exactly what BS are you talking about me "outing" it i dont get what you mean. and i can imagine who these "some people" are they just dont have the guts to say it to me so hide behind someone else.

you dont like what i say tough dont read it same as with the bollocks people say of "if your not happy don't come here"

[quote name='djscottu2 wrote:

djscottu2']Hey bottom line is...  if your not happy... dont renew. I dont know what you people are looking for...  U2 is a business, just like any band is a business. With the way music/CD sales are today, the music industry is dying. I will resubscribe again. Im not saying your opinions are wrong, but if your that unhappy and dont want to pay... dont renew.  There are a lot of U2 haters out there...  I am still a Huge fan and would hate to see these guys stop doing what they do best,  make great music together. You have a choice wether you want to pay the fee or not, so if you dont like it...  dont renew

but that was your first point "Hey bottom line is...  if your not happy... dont renew"

MacFoley you obviously dont get the point im trying to make.... If the Chef didnt get the bollocks...  and nothing changes even after the complaints....  would you go back to the resteraunt again?? where as  theres a guy sitting next to you, its his favorite resteraunt... his steak seems fine to him....   dont be mad at me  cause i dont seem to have a problem with the web site, im not mad at you, because you are eating a bad steak...  i feel bad for you.. and i dont mind you complaining.  But some people are complaining because Bono is trying to help people in Africa who are Dying from AIDS when they dont have to... think about those poor people... and then i could go on about the fact that these people are complaining about some technical difficulties with there web site... they should be thanking god they arent one of these people in Africa. but thats a different story  and not my point.... my point is once again...  IF THEY DONT FIX THE PROBLEMS SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO BE EXPERIENCING, WHY WOULD YOU RENEW IF YOUR UNHAPPY... THAT DOESNT MEAN IM SAYING "DONT COME HERE"  I NEVER SAID THOSE WORDS  AND IM SORRY IF ANYONE TOOK IT THAT WAY. I like reading peoples posts and contributing my own opinion... nobody has to agree with my opinion...  I do agree id be angry, and upset too if i paid for something and wasnt getting what i paid for...  but i feel for $30.00 a year the membership is worth it....  i could care less if they want to make money on a Vinyl copy of the CD i recieved...  the people that would buy that.. are the people who are members on the web site anyway. Its a collectors item for Fans and collectors.  To get angry about it seems worthless to me. I thought about buying it myself, but decided not to. For those of you who want to buy it, thats your choice, i already bought my CD copy when i renewed. For those of you who are angry at them for trying to make money, i dont quite understand why your so angry...  why cant they try to sell it as a collectors item, to fans who want it? The Music Industry is a business. If you owned a business would you give stuff away?  If you thinks its to expensive  do what i did... dont buy it... its the same thing with the web site memebership...  if you think its to expensive...  dont buy it

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

basher1
wrote:

barbara1
']

your reaction only proves my opinion bout the 'older' members. i'm not saying what you started here is wrong but you can not accept another view on this (or any other) matter... and bash everyone off who doesnt entirely agree. you ask a decent defend, but ofcourse not one will suffice .  i don think there's anything more for me to say about the subject. i already spoke my mind in previous posts.

you ain't proved nowt im afraid. who have i bashed come on where in this thread or the one downstairs have i bashed anyone for thier opinion on this??????........

there has yet to be a decent defence on my origional post but obviously thats not good enough for you is it no.

once again i stated facts and all you could say was "point proved".........i just want to know where your point has been proved??????

MacFoley you obviously dont get the point im trying to make.... If the Chef didnt get the bollocks...  and nothing changes even after the complaints....  would you go back to the resteraunt again?? where as  theres a guy sitting next to you, its his favorite resteraunt... his steak seems fine to him....   dont be mad at me  cause i dont seem to have a problem with the web site, im not mad at you, because you are eating a bad steak...  i feel bad for you.. and i dont mind you complaining.  But some people are complaining because Bono is trying to help people in Africa who are Dying from AIDS when they dont have to... think about those poor people... and then i could go on about the fact that these people are complaining about some technical difficulties with there web site... they should be thanking god they arent one of these people in Africa. but thats a different story  and not my point.... my point is once again...  IF THEY DONT FIX THE PROBLEMS SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO BE EXPERIENCING, WHY WOULD YOU RENEW IF YOUR UNHAPPY... THAT DOESNT MEAN IM SAYING "DONT COME HERE"  I NEVER SAID THOSE WORDS  AND IM SORRY IF ANYONE TOOK IT THAT WAY. I like reading peoples posts and contributing my own opinion... nobody has to agree with my opinion...  I do agree id be angry, and upset too if i paid for something and wasnt getting what i paid for...  but i feel for $30.00 a year the membership is worth it....  i could care less if they want to make money on a Vinyl copy of the CD i recieved...  the people that would buy that.. are the people who are members on the web site anyway. Its a collectors item for Fans and collectors.  To get angry about it seems worthless to me. I thought about buying it myself, but decided not to. For those of you who want to buy it, thats your choice, i already bought my CD copy when i renewed. For those of you who are angry at them for trying to make money, i dont quite understand why your so angry...  why cant they try to sell it as a collectors item, to fans who want it? The Music Industry is a business. If you owned a business would you give stuff away?  If you thinks its to expensive  do what i did... dont buy it... its the same thing with the web site memebership...  if you think its to expensive...  dont buy it
you'll find it''s $50 for membership now.

but the whole point in all this is to try and get the place fixed so folk will renew.

now there are many problems here i think most people agree on that one, thing is the longer it goes on the more folk will get fed up, but if people at least try to get something done about it then no-one cany say "no-one tried".

MacFoley you obviously dont get the point im trying to make.... If the Chef didnt get the bollocks...  and nothing changes even after the complaints....  would you go back to the resteraunt again?? where as  theres a guy sitting next to you, its his favorite resteraunt... his steak seems fine to him....   dont be mad at me  cause i dont seem to have a problem with the web site, im not mad at you, because you are eating a bad steak...  i feel bad for you.. and i dont mind you complaining.  But some people are complaining because Bono is trying to help people in Africa who are Dying from AIDS when they dont have to... think about those poor people... and then i could go on about the fact that these people are complaining about some technical difficulties with there web site... they should be thanking god they arent one of these people in Africa. but thats a different story  and not my point.... my point is once again...  IF THEY DONT FIX THE PROBLEMS SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO BE EXPERIENCING, WHY WOULD YOU RENEW IF YOUR UNHAPPY... THAT DOESNT MEAN IM SAYING "DONT COME HERE"  I NEVER SAID THOSE WORDS  AND IM SORRY IF ANYONE TOOK IT THAT WAY. I like reading peoples posts and contributing my own opinion... nobody has to agree with my opinion...  I do agree id be angry, and upset too if i paid for something and wasnt getting what i paid for...  but i feel for $30.00 a year the membership is worth it....  i could care less if they want to make money on a Vinyl copy of the CD i recieved...  the people that would buy that.. are the people who are members on the web site anyway. Its a collectors item for Fans and collectors.  To get angry about it seems worthless to me. I thought about buying it myself, but decided not to. For those of you who want to buy it, thats your choice, i already bought my CD copy when i renewed. For those of you who are angry at them for trying to make money, i dont quite understand why your so angry...  why cant they try to sell it as a collectors item, to fans who want it? The Music Industry is a business. If you owned a business would you give stuff away?  If you thinks its to expensive  do what i did... dont buy it... its the same thing with the web site memebership...  if you think its to expensive...  dont buy it.

djscottu2']MacFoley you obviously dont get the point im trying to make.... If the Chef didnt get the bollocks...  and nothing changes even after the complaints....  would you go back to the resteraunt again?? where as  theres a guy sitting next to you, its his favorite resteraunt... his steak seems fine to him....   dont be mad at me  cause i dont seem to have a problem with the web site, im not mad at you, because you are eating a bad steak...  i feel bad for you.. and i dont mind you complaining.  But some people are complaining because Bono is trying to help people in Africa who are Dying from AIDS when they dont have to... think about those poor people... and then i could go on about the fact that these people are complaining about some technical difficulties with there web site... they should be thanking god they arent one of these people in Africa. but thats a different story  and not my point.... my point is once again...  IF THEY DONT FIX THE PROBLEMS SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO BE EXPERIENCING, WHY WOULD YOU RENEW IF YOUR UNHAPPY... THAT DOESNT MEAN IM SAYING "DONT COME HERE"  I NEVER SAID THOSE WORDS  AND IM SORRY IF ANYONE TOOK IT THAT WAY. I like reading peoples posts and contributing my own opinion... nobody has to agree with my opinion...  I do agree id be angry, and upset too if i paid for something and wasnt getting what i paid for...  but i feel for $30.00 a year the membership is worth it....  i could care less if they want to make money on a Vinyl copy of the CD i recieved...  the people that would buy that.. are the people who are members on the web site anyway. Its a collectors item for Fans and collectors.  To get angry about it seems worthless to me. I thought about buying it myself, but decided not to. For those of you who want to buy it, thats your choice, i already bought my CD copy when i renewed. For those of you who are angry at them for trying to make money, i dont quite understand why your so angry...  why cant they try to sell it as a collectors item, to fans who want it? The Music Industry is a business. If you owned a business would you give stuff away?  If you thinks its to expensive  do what i did... dont buy it... its the same thing with the web site memebership...  if you think its to expensive...  dont buy it

but the whole point in all this is to try and get the place fixed so folk will renew.

now there are many problems here i think most people agree on that one, thing is the longer it goes on the more folk will get fed up, but if people at least try to get something done about it then no-one cany say "no-one tried".

i just wanna say and it wont help but it's all a bunch of ARSE

but yes I always go along with the idea if u don't say anything then nothing will happen not that I ever follow my advice eyes.gif

djscottu2']MacFoley you obviously dont get the point im trying to make.... If the Chef didnt get the bollocks...  and nothing changes even after the complaints....  would you go back to the resteraunt again?? where as  theres a guy sitting next to you, its his favorite resteraunt... his steak seems fine to him....   dont be mad at me  cause i dont seem to have a problem with the web site, im not mad at you, because you are eating a bad steak...  i feel bad for you.. and i dont mind you complaining.  But some people are complaining because Bono is trying to help people in Africa who are Dying from AIDS when they dont have to... think about those poor people... and then i could go on about the fact that these people are complaining about some technical difficulties with there web site... they should be thanking god they arent one of these people in Africa. but thats a different story  and not my point.... my point is once again...  IF THEY DONT FIX THE PROBLEMS SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO BE EXPERIENCING, WHY WOULD YOU RENEW IF YOUR UNHAPPY... THAT DOESNT MEAN IM SAYING "DONT COME HERE"  I NEVER SAID THOSE WORDS  AND IM SORRY IF ANYONE TOOK IT THAT WAY. I like reading peoples posts and contributing my own opinion... nobody has to agree with my opinion...  I do agree id be angry, and upset too if i paid for something and wasnt getting what i paid for...  but i feel for $30.00 a year the membership is worth it....  i could care less if they want to make money on a Vinyl copy of the CD i recieved...  the people that would buy that.. are the people who are members on the web site anyway. Its a collectors item for Fans and collectors.  To get angry about it seems worthless to me. I thought about buying it myself, but decided not to. For those of you who want to buy it, thats your choice, i already bought my CD copy when i renewed. For those of you who are angry at them for trying to make money, i dont quite understand why your so angry...  why cant they try to sell it as a collectors item, to fans who want it? The Music Industry is a business. If you owned a business would you give stuff away?  If you thinks its to expensive  do what i did... dont buy it... its the same thing with the web site memebership...  if you think its to expensive...  dont buy it

i just wanna say and it wont help but it's all a bunch of ARSE

but yes I always go along with the idea if u don't say anything then nothing will happen not that I ever follow my advice eyes.gif

sorry for the double post

it's all good Scott i thought i was going mad there for a minute.

i agree with your last post Basher1  ...  theres no problem with complaining your problems abouth the difficulites of the site to get things done.. you are right... but to complain about "the Messiah" as some have called Bono...  that just seems weird to me, to complain about somebody who tries to help others...  you dont have to agree with Bono, but you dont have to be a jerk about it.