Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basher1

Totally Disgraceful......

Recommended Posts


MacFoley you obviously dont get the point im trying to make.... If the Chef didnt get the bollocks...  and nothing changes even after the complaints....  would you go back to the resteraunt again?? where as  theres a guy sitting next to you, its his favorite resteraunt... his steak seems fine to him....   dont be mad at me  cause i dont seem to have a problem with the web site, im not mad at you, because you are eating a bad steak...  i feel bad for you.. and i dont mind you complaining.  But some people are complaining because Bono is trying to help people in Africa who are Dying from AIDS when they dont have to... think about those poor people... and then i could go on about the fact that these people are complaining about some technical difficulties with there web site... they should be thanking god they arent one of these people in Africa. but thats a different story  and not my point.... my point is once again...  IF THEY DONT FIX THE PROBLEMS SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO BE EXPERIENCING, WHY WOULD YOU RENEW IF YOUR UNHAPPY... THAT DOESNT MEAN IM SAYING "DONT COME HERE"  I NEVER SAID THOSE WORDS  AND IM SORRY IF ANYONE TOOK IT THAT WAY. I like reading peoples posts and contributing my own opinion... nobody has to agree with my opinion...  I do agree id be angry, and upset too if i paid for something and wasnt getting what i paid for...  but i feel for $30.00 a year the membership is worth it....  i could care less if they want to make money on a Vinyl copy of the CD i recieved...  the people that would buy that.. are the people who are members on the web site anyway. Its a collectors item for Fans and collectors.  To get angry about it seems worthless to me. I thought about buying it myself, but decided not to. For those of you who want to buy it, thats your choice, i already bought my CD copy when i renewed. For those of you who are angry at them for trying to make money, i dont quite understand why your so angry...  why cant they try to sell it as a collectors item, to fans who want it? The Music Industry is a business. If you owned a business would you give stuff away?  If you thinks its to expensive  do what i did... dont buy it... its the same thing with the web site memebership...  if you think its to expensive...  dont buy it
i do get your point, you are happy with the service good for you.

 

havent you already got most of the songs on the new remix cd anyhow? and couldnt you have the same converstaions on other u2 sites? and you could have pre-sale codes for the 360 shows through other sites away from u2.com? a very good point has been brought up also on the thread downstairs on REM and they way they run their site and care for the fans for the cost of $10. ok u2 is a business now, which is a shame, and the point of this thread all comes to what bash is saying about u2 should remember where they are from, where they came from and how everything connected with u2, if you want it you have to pay for it.

 

looking at new bands also like MGMT, their album leeked, and they put it on the site for fans to listen to than rather download it themselves where it isnt even out yet.

 

anyway as i said, your happy so all is good. pay on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i agree with your last post Basher1  ...  theres no problem with complaining your problems abouth the difficulites of the site to get things done.. you are right... but to complain about "the Messiah" as some have called Bono...  that just seems weird to me, to complain about somebody who tries to help others...  you dont have to agree with Bono, but you dont have to be a jerk about it.
ok i give in here again.....

 

whats the messiah thing?????.....

 

this is the "official" u2 website yes....in u2's name u2's reputation........therefore u2's partly responsible that something that uses thier name is functioning properly.

 

the way some folk go on it's as if i've said "i hate this band they are shite bonos a wank" and all that kind of thing....now to me these are the people who could not be arsed reading the whole thread because as has been stated many many times those of us that have started all this stuff up Me, Mac and Mick mainly have stated clearly that we love this band but some choose to ignore that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well  we have something in common then Basher...  i love this band too...  and i hope your technical complaints get heard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

basher is complaining about techical complaints is he?!? he was stating how the band are greedy and their own website still not fully functional since it was put back on air with release of the new album. and how they have pumped up the sub fee to $50?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='Anjana wrote:


Nancy_Hanks']

As always Mick, you rocked those responses to djscottu2 and Anjana. You see that Barbara says the same as I about you being respectful and friendly in your posts :P When people get kicked in the teeth by some of the other passionate posters in this thread, they just put their fingers in their ears and leave the thread. Your approach is much more effective.

Hardly!  Expressed a view. Just don't entirely agree. Done. 

 

Yet on 3 occasions when I respectfully asked you the question "wouldn't this place be better for everyone if the site was improved" you couldn't answer.

 

All you could come up with was you wanted to be here with people that "wanted to be here".

 

Lame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='mick james wrote:


Anjana wrote:

Nancy_Hanks']

As always Mick, you rocked those responses to djscottu2 and Anjana. You see that Barbara says the same as I about you being respectful and friendly in your posts
:P
When people get kicked in the teeth by some of the other passionate posters in this thread, they just put their fingers in their ears and leave the thread. Your approach is much more effective.

Hardly!  Expressed a view. Just don't entirely agree. Done. 

 

Yet on 3 occasions when I respectfully asked you the question "wouldn't this place be better for everyone if the site was improved" you couldn't answer.

 

All you could come up with was you wanted to be here with people that "wanted to be here".

 

Lame

 

but then mick some people dont see paying $30 an issue if they see it as good service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe they havent dealt with the dreaded shop yet......................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha Macfoley...  the only problem i have with the shop is when it asks about opening it securely  if i click yes... its all X's if i click No.. it works fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

right night im off to bed! i will be back tom at some point to read through the debate thread.

 

from what i see on here though there are more unhappy customers than there are happy ones.

 

keep fighting the power guys! after all they are the biggest band in the world so that makes us the biggest fans in the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:


mick james wrote:

Anjana wrote:

Nancy_Hanks']

As always Mick, you rocked those responses to djscottu2 and Anjana. You see that Barbara says the same as I about you being respectful and friendly in your posts
:P
When people get kicked in the teeth by some of the other passionate posters in this thread, they just put their fingers in their ears and leave the thread. Your approach is much more effective.

Hardly!  Expressed a view. Just don't entirely agree. Done. 

 

Yet on 3 occasions when I respectfully asked you the question "wouldn't this place be better for everyone if the site was improved" you couldn't answer.

 

All you could come up with was you wanted to be here with people that "wanted to be here".

 

Lame

 

but then mick some people dont see paying $30 an issue if they see it as good service.

 

True.  Personally, being a shift worker with rent to pay and a baby on the way, I'm more oaware of how my pocket money is spent.

I'm sure your the same.

 

As for the U2.com as steak analogy, um....

 

Well this place is meant to be the best steak house in the world.

 

You'd complain to the manager, the chef would get a bollocking, and then he'd get fired if he didn't fix whatever problems he was having in the kitchen.

 

And yes I  would go back there.

 

You see, I really like steak,

and as a consumer of it, I'm willing to assume that the owner of the steak-house will have replaced the chef and fixed the previous problem by the time I return there for dinner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name=For DJscottu2 etc

 

You say you paid for a presale code and a CD, and got what you wanted.

Well many paid for the whole package as described in the ad for the place.

 

I posted this earlier, but in case any of y'all missed it, here's a breakdown of the ad.

 

If anyone who has the oposing view would like to do a similar breakdown of this ad

I'm sure it would be welcomed.

Just go through each point and say how it's true etc.

 

Go on.

 

 

 

mick james]


Let's have a closer look at the package on offer.

Obviously this is just my opinion, but having paid to be here since they started charging 5/6 years ago, I feel like I have a solid opinion.

I'm also of the veiw that even though this site isn't run by Bono on his laptop, the site is the official one, and the band therefore should assume some responsibility or at least give a stuff.

 

 

 

If you love the music of U2 then our annual U2.com Subscription deal is well worth checking out. The package gives access to U2 Online, On Tour and On Disc with a limited edition U2 Remix CD.

 

subimage2010ah_left.jpg

 

ON LINE

The deeper you dig on our subscriber site, the more you discover, the harder to leave. All the band's music streaming all the time; full length, full-screen video including exclusive clips shot by the band -  this is cool, but I would suggest than many fans on here , being the main U2 site, already own every album and DVD, so at least for me, it's nice but not really of any use. The "exclusive" videos are few and far between, and new ones that they do occasionaly put up are generally short of not really that impressive. You can actually find more exclusive U2 on Youtube, I by that I mean pro-shot footage and not fan cam stuff. ; archived news going back through the years; interviews with the band and those they work with. - excellent value for a new subscriber, as you can read back throught the entire news content of the site. Not of much value if you've already been a member for that time and have already read the news as it happens. Still nice to look back on some things - Plus Zootopia - 24/7 chat in the busiest community of U2 fans anywhere - now this should be true, but unfortunately we all know for a fact that it's not. Interference.com and atu2.com's forums are as busy or much busier than Zootopia and for the most part there's a bigger fanbase on Facebook and Twitter.  Now many will say "but I've met some great people here in the forum and I love to chat to my friends".  Hey, me too. But when you think about it we make all the content in Zootopia, and at the end of the day half the forum is free. Is there really much difference between the paid and free forums? Does anyone really post on the cooking thread?  with your own blog and galleries. -a nice feature, but not something I personally use or read so no comment  And your own email address ('yournamehere@U2.com'). now I actually quite enjoy my email name and use it lots. But from what I can tell, many, many Zootops have had no success using this, and haven't had much help in getting it working. Anyone care to elaborate?

 

ON DISC

Running to 60 minutes, this exclusive CD features 13 tracks remixed by some of the world's leading DJs and producers. It promises to become a collectors must-have on a par with it's 1995 fan-club-only predecessor, 'Melon: Remixes for Propaganda'.

Including three never-before released tracks and two with very restricted previous release, here's a couple of highlights from an earlr review by the editors at Mixmag: 'World beat flavour takes the song to totally different place.' (Elevation (Influx Mix) ); 'Makes U2 sound like another band entirely' (City Of Blinding Lights (Hot Chip Remix).

 

'Artificial Horizon' on a single CD: when you subscribe, we mail it to you. It's not for sale in the shops or online. - now that anyone can order a super deluxe triple vinyl version of this complete with more impressive inner-sleeve artwork for less than the price of a subsciption, the previous statement isn't true.

One would also think that it lessens the assumed collector value of the CD version.

Also, the non-fan club version comes with a bonus remix that the fan-club doesn't recieve.

Add to that, you can't use your discount code on this package. That being said, there is a discount from the full price for subscibers.

Here's the full track-listing. (listen to clips from those in bold in the audio-player below):

Now I've been a collector for 20 years, so I have already owned many of these tracks for years.  It's great for those who don't own the tracks, but personally I feel it lessens the value of the original versions I own. - my own problem I guess

And before someone points out peer-to-peer or bit-torrenting, I feel that point is moot, and no collector gives any value to illegaly downloaded tracks. It's completley against the point of collecting. You can get a print of the Mona Lisa, but it's not the same thing, yeah?

1. Elevation (Influx Mix)previously released

2. Fast Cars (Jacknife Lee Mix) -  previouslly released

3. Get On Your Boots (Fish Out Of Water Mix)

4. Vertigo (Trent Reznor Remix)  -  previously released

5. Magnificent (Falke Radio Mix)  -  previously released

6. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Live U2360° Remix)

7. Beautiful Day (David Holmes Remix) - previously released

8. Staring At The Sun (Monster Truck Remix) -  previously released

9. Happiness Is A Warm Gun (Danny Saber Mix) - previously released

10. Get On Your Boots (Justice Remix) 

11. City Of Blinding Lights (Hot Chip 2006 Remix)

12. If God Will Send His Angels (Grand Jury Mix)  -  previously released

13. Staring At The Sun (Brothers in Rhythm Ambient Mix)

 

So that's five out of 13 tracks that are new to CD, and everything else is already sitting on the shelf of many a long-time fan.

If they're all new to you, well enjoy!

 

We will notify subscribers via email, when the CD ships.

I noticed some got this notification, but personally I did not. That being said, I did find my AH CD on my doormat yesterday!

 

 

 

ON TOUR

When tour dates go on sale, subscribers to U2.com get the chance to enter a special presale for tickets - ahead of the public onsale. - Now many of you signed up just for this feature. That's great if you got the tickets you wanted.  If you don't live in the States or Europe, than this is of little to no value.  Being in Australia, I'm sitting on 2 presale codes which I probably won't get the chance to use.  Many Irish and UK fans were also under the impression that they'd be getting 2010 shows, so signed up only to find out after the fact that the tour is going all over Europe - bar the UK and Eire!

 

I would also like to point out to all those who signed up for this feature  IT'S ONLY USEFUL IN TOUR YEARS. MANY OF US HAVE BEEN PAID UP

 ON NON-TOUR YEARS, AND YOU DON'T GET A TOUR-CODE. JUST A CD AND A FAULTY WEBSITE. Not yelling, I've just noticed that many are saying that the presales make the price of admission worth it.

 

So are you not going to subscribe next year when there's no tour, or will it just take til then for you to be able to make a true value comparison?

 

  Enhanced on line tour coverage includes virtual access all areas when the band are on the road:  we got a few very short "countdown to the tour" clips, and a few short concert related clips.exclusive photography, reports and video from the show, - this is great, but the content was vastly behind in terms of timing etc to sites like U2tours.com and atu2.

Also as great as the world-wide Youtube broadcast was, it points out how they often give the best stuff away to any-one. this was also highlighted by Edge's Tour Twitters.  I found that pretty annoying - that's the exact style of content that should be on this site for paying fans, not for anyone on Twitter for free.

 

We also had to beg to have the Youtube concert streamed on the site after the show. Very nice but only there briefly.  One would assume it's because they want you to still be interested in said show so you buy the DVD, or they don't want you to become too familiar with the setlist/ lighting as they're going to tour the exact same show this year.

 

One would also wonder why they still haven't announced the DVD on U2.com, when it's on every other fansite -  you can also clearly notice on the DVD ad that there is a U2.com logo in the bottom corner!?!?!?!

 

  subscriber-only clips - a few yes, but then they stop, and Adam's clips though cute, were pretty pointless  and the tour diaries of Show Designer Willie Williams  - now I love Willies Diaries. One of the features I'm completley happy to pay for. I would love to see Willies Archive, with all his entries dating back to Zoo TV when they first started. And use our 25% discount coupon for your first purchase in the U2.com Store. great, but many international fans have had to pay huge customs charges as most items are shipped out of the US, making the discount redundant

 

Also, I and many others believe that U2 are truly an international band, not an American band.  I'm also of the opinion that the pricings in the shop should be in a few currencies.
Now before you jump on me and say "it's an American site Mick you dumb ass", yes, I know.  But you would also know that U2 is as popular or more popular in many, many other countries. (hello my fellow Aussies!)
This should be acknowleged IMO

 

360° 2010 Tour Dates

An annual U2.com Subscription costs $50. -  Why the ten dollar increase? If all the issues that appeared on the change over from the Vertigo site to the new site were sorted out, well then maybe. I think it's taking the piss, as most of the tech faults still occur frequently

 

Complete the form on the right to take advantage of the benefits of a subscription.

 

 

What do the rest of y'all think?

 

 

ps

I've tried to be thoughtful and subjective here

 so Atticus and Co, if you tell me that I should cancel my subscription, then you really need to take a look at what you're saying and grow up.

The biggest complainees here are the folks who have spent hundreds on paying up to be here for many years.

We're not jaded, we just have a good understanding of how long these issues have been going on for.

We also have the personal abililty to compare this years value/state of the pay-site to the previous 6 years.

Oh yeah, and we bloody love U2 yeah?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes Mick  most resteraunts would bollocks the chef...  the customer is always right...  technical problems are one thing to complain about and i agree with you... but i had issues with people complaining about somebody trying to make a difference in this world.... and a F'd up world it is too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes Mick  most resteraunts would bollocks the chef...  the customer is always right...  technical problems are one thing to complain about and i agree with you... but i had issues with people complaining about somebody trying to make a difference in this world.... and a F'd up world it is too.
There's nowhere in this thread that anyone has complained about Bono or anybody else trying to make a difference though.  Feel free to prove me wrong.

 

Stating that his sermons at the gigs can be boring or a dampner on anotherwise exciting rock show, is not complaining about him trying to do good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And DJscottU2, would you be prepared to do a breakdown of the subscription ad, with all your veiws on why the site is worth it?

 

Saying you got what you've paid for with the CD and presale code is fine, but would you be so kind as to show us how you're happy with all the other things that the ad indicates you've paid for?

 

 

In fact someone, anyone out there that feels like they're getting there money's worth

please do a value comparison with the subscription ad.

 

We would really invite one of you to do this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='mick james wrote:


Anjana wrote:

Nancy_Hanks']

As always Mick, you rocked those responses to djscottu2 and Anjana. You see that Barbara says the same as I about you being respectful and friendly in your posts
:P
When people get kicked in the teeth by some of the other passionate posters in this thread, they just put their fingers in their ears and leave the thread. Your approach is much more effective.

Hardly!  Expressed a view. Just don't entirely agree. Done. 

 

Yet on 3 occasions when I respectfully asked you the question "wouldn't this place be better for everyone if the site was improved" you couldn't answer.

 

All you could come up with was you wanted to be here with people that "wanted to be here".

 

Lame

 

It's just my viewpoint and not 'couldn't' answer, have already said I'm happy with the site and I have no issues with it so the improvements you would like to see are just not an issue for me, that's all. I'm happy with the site on the whole as I've already said. Not many more ways I can say the same thing. You think my reply is 'lame' so be it, you're entitled to your view. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='Anjana wrote:


mick james wrote:

Anjana wrote:

Nancy_Hanks']

As always Mick, you rocked those responses to djscottu2 and Anjana. You see that Barbara says the same as I about you being respectful and friendly in your posts
:P
When people get kicked in the teeth by some of the other passionate posters in this thread, they just put their fingers in their ears and leave the thread. Your approach is much more effective.

Hardly!  Expressed a view. Just don't entirely agree. Done. 

 

Yet on 3 occasions when I respectfully asked you the question "wouldn't this place be better for everyone if the site was improved" you couldn't answer.

 

All you could come up with was you wanted to be here with people that "wanted to be here".

 

Lame

 

It's just my viewpoint and not 'couldn't' answer, have already said I'm happy with the site and I have no issues with it so the improvements you would like to see are just not an issue for me, that's all. I'm happy with the site on the whole as I've already said. Not many more ways I can say the same thing. You think my reply is 'lame' so be it, you're entitled to your view. 

Sorry, but  you still haven't anwsered the same question.

 

If the site was improved, regardless of your current satisfaction, would it not be better for everyone that comes here?  If the many, many people that had left due to dissatisfaction, were still here and happy, on a functional site, would the community as a whole not be a better experience?

 

It's a very simple question, and a pretty fair one at that.

 

And despite your veiwpoint, you still have not answered this.

 

Saying you're happy and don't care if there's any improvements doesn't answer this.

 

Is it because you know the answer is yes???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mick james wrote

It's just my viewpoint and not 'couldn't' answer, have already said I'm happy with the site and I have no issues with it so the improvements you would like to see are just not an issue for me, that's all. I'm happy with the site on the whole as I've already said. Not many more ways I can say the same thing. You think my reply is 'lame' so be it, you're entitled to your view. 

Also Anjana,

 

I you are totally happy with the site and say any of the things being discussed in this thread are not an issue for you, and your not going to add to the debate in any way, shape or form

then why bother posting in here?

 

 

Why not start a "I'm totally happy with U2.com and that's all I have to say" thread?

 

 

I promise we won't come in!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mick james wrote:


[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

basher1 wrote:

MacFoley']here is food for thought too, telling people to stop swearing, yet when bono swears, calling chris marting a wanker, FUCK THE REVOLUTION, your the loudest bunch of motherfuckers we ever heard (from zootv sydney dvd), live 8 in vertigo bono sings just give me what i fucking want................etc etc..................

 

is it ok for him to do? because he is bono? or did the zootop miss that fact there? but for us to do it, ITS WRONG! WORK OF THE DEVIL!

 

dont let the bastards grind you down

jesus help me im all alone in this world, and a fucked up world it is too

dont piss on the gate

 

............get my drift?!

yep totally Mac so its one rule for one and another rule for the rest......

 

but its ok, because bono is a humanitrian.............eyes.gif

Ahhh for feck's sake boys.

 

at least we know, and aren't bothered by the fact that Bono's a joint smoking, coke-snorting, booby groping rock star like any other.

 

C'mon you douchebags.

 

Yes, the legendary Bono has done a bunch of great stuff.

 

But if you want to worship, go to church for feck's sake.

 

I would imagine Jesus would actually be offended by all of your Bono worshipping bullshit.

 

What was that in the Commandments about worshipping false idols???????

 

If it's that important to you, praise Jesus and spare yourself the trip to Hell.

 

 

He's an awesome bloke yes, but this praising Him as the Prince or whatever sick version of it you want to call it is absolute bullshit.

 

 

And this is coming from someone who has had Bono as his hero from the age of 10 until now.

 

 

 

Here's your messiah suckers, with a big fat delicious joint.

But he's above all that right????

 

Bullshit.

 

 

 

 

 

 

i was little offended when i read this... and i dont get offended much. This is really what set me off in the first place and maybe i can explain it a little better... When i renewed i apid $30.00 in October. The only 3 things i use on this CD mostly is  The Zootops, The CD, And The PRESALE CODES.  So im a Happy Customer, and felt the $30.00 is worth it seein im on here at least 5 -6 times a week. Thats less than a daily paper. But just because im a satisfied customer.. doesnt mean im a "worshipper". Someone also posted about how they couldnt wait for the "Bono/U2 worshippers" to reply about how U2 do no wrong. And again  just because im a satisfied customer doesnt mean they cant do no wrong.   http://www.spin.com/articles/u2-ink-12-year-contract-live-nation  This web site is owned by Live Nation they run it.  Even though U2's name is at the top. I dont think they have control anymore. I agree with your complaints... but my other point was .... If Live Nation is running this and doesnt change. would you renew?  thats the bottom line...  and what Live nation should be asking themselves. Would our customers renew? and i know i would. I agree with the fact that this site should be posting any band details or release details well in advance of any other site.  being a satisfied customer  doesnt mean im a worshipper...  Its people like me  that will hurt the unsatisfied customers..  im still going to buy the product.. and some of you have said you would too, but just want it to be nore update and working to your liking... and i agree with you it should be... but big companys like Live Nation maybe figure they can screw the big fan based web sites, not put any money or help into them, because all they have to do is give presale codes to the tickets they are going to sell anyway...  Live Nation is just like Ticketmaster... They can make tons of money the cheapest way. And in a dying music industry, Live Nation seems to be doing the best. Other than I-tunes. so my point is would you renew knowing that Live Nation owns there "Official" website

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='djscottu2 wrote:


mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

basher1 wrote:

MacFoley']here is food for thought too, telling people to stop swearing, yet when bono swears, calling chris marting a wanker, FUCK THE REVOLUTION, your the loudest bunch of motherfuckers we ever heard (from zootv sydney dvd), live 8 in vertigo bono sings just give me what i fucking want................etc etc..................

 

is it ok for him to do? because he is bono? or did the zootop miss that fact there? but for us to do it, ITS WRONG! WORK OF THE DEVIL!

 

dont let the bastards grind you down

jesus help me im all alone in this world, and a fucked up world it is too

dont piss on the gate

 

............get my drift?!

yep totally Mac so its one rule for one and another rule for the rest......

 

but its ok, because bono is a humanitrian.............
eyes.gif

Ahhh for feck's sake boys.

 

at least we know, and aren't bothered by the fact that Bono's a joint smoking, coke-snorting, booby groping rock star like any other.

 

C'mon you douchebags.

 

Yes, the legendary Bono has done a bunch of great stuff.

 

But if you want to worship, go to church for feck's sake.

 

I would imagine Jesus would actually be offended by all of your Bono worshipping bullshit.

 

What was that in the Commandments about worshipping false idols???????

 

If it's that important to you, praise Jesus and spare yourself the trip to Hell.

 

 

He's an awesome bloke yes, but this praising Him as the Prince or whatever sick version of it you want to call it is absolute bullshit.

 

 

And this is coming from someone who has had Bono as his hero from the age of 10 until now.

 

 

 

Here's your messiah suckers, with a big fat delicious joint.

But he's above all that right????

 

Bullshit.

 

 

 

 

 

 

i was little offended when i read this... and i dont get offended much. This is really what set me off in the first place and maybe i can explain it a little better... When i renewed i apid $30.00 in October. The only 3 things i use on this CD mostly is  The Zootops, The CD, And The PRESALE CODES.  So im a Happy Customer, and felt the $30.00 is worth it seein im on here at least 5 -6 times a week. Thats less than a daily paper. But just because im a satisfied customer.. doesnt mean im a "worshipper". Someone also posted about how they couldnt wait for the "Bono/U2 worshippers" to reply about how U2 do no wrong. And again  just because im a satisfied customer doesnt mean they cant do no wrong.   http://www.spin.com/articles/u2-ink-12-year-contract-live-nation  This web site is owned by Live Nation they run it.  Even though U2's name is at the top. I dont think they have control anymore. I agree with your complaints... but my other point was .... If Live Nation is running this and doesnt change. would you renew?  thats the bottom line...  and what Live nation should be asking themselves. Would our customers renew? and i know i would. I agree with the fact that this site should be posting any band details or release details well in advance of any other site.  being a satisfied customer  doesnt mean im a worshipper...  Its people like me  that will hurt the unsatisfied customers..  im still going to buy the product.. and some of you have said you would too, but just want it to be nore update and working to your liking... and i agree with you it should be... but big companys like Live Nation maybe figure they can screw the big fan based web sites, not put any money or help into them, because all they have to do is give presale codes to the tickets they are going to sell anyway...  Live Nation is just like Ticketmaster... They can make tons of money the cheapest way. And in a dying music industry, Live Nation seems to be doing the best. Other than I-tunes. so my point is would you renew knowing that Live Nation owns there "Official" websiteHi mate, and thanks for a thoughtful response. I appreciate your honesty.

 

And again I will say that there's a big difference between being a die-hard fan and a Bono-worshipper.

And I'm pretty sure myself, Basher or Mac aren't remotely refering to yourself or other people who are genuinely happy with the product they've purchased, as worshippers.  In fact more power to you.

 

You realise we're not, so we don't need to discuss that further.

 

However there were many of these people around in the last year, and if anyone posted any kind of less than thrilled opinions on the album or tour -  ie their subjective and personal opinion,  they would often get the response of " why don't you leave"  or my favourite " sell your tickets, or don't go to the concert so I'll have a better chance"

 

To be fair and balanced, I'll also say many a person who genuinely enjoyed the tour and album got jumped on by people who didn't.

 

Sorry to offend, but I would hope that you could see the sarcastic nature of the 3 posts you've quoted.

 

I assure you we mean what we said,

but we're obviously (well I think)  having a bit of  a laugh in those posts.

You realise we wouldn't bother coming here regularly and paying the fees if we hated Bon Bon, yeah?

 

As for paying again for a site run by Livenation,

I still stand beside my argument that despite this, U2 is a big enough band with a huge following, and are responsible for their website. It's the official site, and if they know many of their fans aren't happy with it, then I still think they should ask who ever they pay to run it, to deal with these issues.

 

Cheers mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mick... im a pretty reasonable guy.. even though i havent had much of a bad U2 experience..  I love the Music New and Old...  i enjoy the website (but after reading your posts... agree it could be better) and Love the Tours, but i can tell your a lot like me...  theres nothing wrong with wanting what you paid for. Good Luck..i hope the big guys in Live Nation hear you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote: yeah it'll be interesting to see when the "u2 can do no wrong" mob get here.

 

i was a bit put off by these words, basher, cause seemed like you already formed your judgement bout the ones not agreing with your point.

quote: so here i'd like to say to folk come on in here defend the undefendable if you can

 

and from the beginning you made it clear you werent looking for debat or arguments cause your view was the right one.

and again; i don think what you say is wrong, just that you arent very 'open' to other views. and thats to bad, cause it would be more of a discussion then. in stead of calling other opinions 'rubbish' or 'bollocks'. you are a great guy, very passionated and i like the way you defend your own opinion but some people gert scared off and that way they cant see the rightness of what you're trying to do.

i dint wanna judge you, sorry if it looked that way. we have different ways of speaking our mind, and thats fine! the more variation the more interesting this world gets... 

for me; i always feel the need to speak up for the more 'shy' people, and i 'm trying not to... but every once i cant help myself...

but i was annoyed with the way you and fungus started about people not being able to laugh with the bono-humor, while no one here took those pics the wrong way. its like you jump all over the 'bonolove-brigade' without any reason.

some girls here love the b-man very passionated, and i think thats funny, cause he's just a man with a voice and an opinion who had the chance to share it on a bigger level... but they can have their obsession! 

but fair is fair; they didnt come here to complain bout the lady bo-bo and other photoshopped pics.

that was all i wanna say, and i didnt wanted it to come across so hostile, it may have happened cause i was tired (physical and mental) cause of working the weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just out of interest everyone,

 

Almost 80 paying members have put their names against being dissatisfied with U2.com.

 

And by my count 5 members have stated they are happy with U2.com.

 

The numbers are starting to give a good indication of how many on here really feel.

 

Again I invite anyone who is satisfied, to do a point by point breakdown of the U2.com subscrition package advertisment like I did, and feel free to explain why you feel the package is worth the money.

 

And remember, more is promised in that package than just a pre-sale and a CD. They are only 2 of the things offered in the package.

 

It's also a place to talk to your friends yes - but U2.com doesn't pay for those people to be here - it's just the nature of any forum that you will find people whose company you enjoy.

 

 

I would also point out that this is quite clearly a thread discussing the dissatifaction of the site and the percieved greed of the band in recent times.

 

If you don't feel this way it's likely you may be offended by some of our posts.

 

I still think someone in the "satisfied" set should start a thread on how great this place is, and why you believe so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just out of interest everyone,

 

Almost 70 paying members have put thier name against being dissatisfied with U2.com.

 

And by my count 5 members have stated they are happy with U2.com.

 

The numbers are starting to give a good indication of how many on here really feel.

 

Again I invite anyone who is satisfied, to do a point by point breakdown of the U2.com subscrition package advertisment like I did, and feel free to explain why you feel the package is worth the money.

 

And remember, more is promised in that package than just a pre-sale and a CD.

 

you guys are right, mick. i admit that. but being happy with the forum (as i am) has to do with feelings and you cant always explain them.

for example: i quit my job (6 months ago) bc of schedule mess up and hvaning to work to many nite-shift and not being given enough recuperation time (and there is the general discontent bout not enough nurses to do the work properly, and underpayement too!). i went to work in other envirorment but i didnt feel 'home' at that place...end of story: i'm back at the place i started, cause i do feel home there! and some issues were resolved (schedule) but others remaine the same. so i can say i'm happy there, but i also see the negatives of the job. same here.

but when you look at the packet promised, and you payed for; it should all work. thats what you're saying and i agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote: yeah it'll be interesting to see when the "u2 can do no wrong" mob get here.

 

i was a bit put off by these words, basher, cause seemed like you already formed your judgement bout the ones not agreing with your point.

quote: so here i'd like to say to folk come on in here defend the undefendable if you can

 

and from the beginning you made it clear you werent looking for debat or arguments cause your view was the right one.

and again; i don think what you say is wrong, just that you arent very 'open' to other views. and thats to bad, cause it would be more of a discussion then. in stead of calling other opinions 'rubbish' or 'bollocks'. you are a great guy, very passionated and i like the way you defend your own opinion but some people gert scared off and that way they cant see the rightness of what you're trying to do.

i dint wanna judge you, sorry if it looked that way. we have different ways of speaking our mind, and thats fine! the more variation the more interesting this world gets... 

for me; i always feel the need to speak up for the more 'shy' people, and i 'm trying not to... but every once i cant help myself...

but i was annoyed with the way you and fungus started about people not being able to laugh with the bono-humor, while no one here took those pics the wrong way. its like you jump all over the 'bonolove-brigade' without any reason.

some girls here love the b-man very passionated, and i think thats funny, cause he's just a man with a voice and an opinion who had the chance to share it on a bigger level... but they can have their obsession! 

but fair is fair; they didnt come here to complain bout the lady bo-bo and other photoshopped pics.

that was all i wanna say, and i didnt wanted it to come across so hostile, it may have happened cause i was tired (physical and mental) cause of working the weekend. 

well unfortunatly you obviously do not know me as well as some on here and can't see sarcasm when it is there.

 

i have welcomed the chance to discuss folks thoughts in here about the issues i have raised and only been shitty when folk have been shitty towards me.

 

but i apologise to you if anything i have said has offended you as it is never my intention....xxxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...