Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basher1

Totally Disgraceful......

Recommended Posts

you're right basher, thats the prob with discussions on a website. that and the fact that not eveyone has english for their first language. but i hope we're good again. and maybe i will get to know you better if we reach or goal to turn this site around and you decide to stay?wink.gif xxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you're right basher, thats the prob with discussions on a website. that and the fact that not eveyone has english for their first language. but i hope we're good again. and maybe i will get to know you better if we reach or goal to turn this site around and you decide to stay?wink.gif xxx
of course we are good when were we not good.

 

it's only words we may have differing opinions doesn't mean to say theres any animosity or hatred there.

 

well i do know that pretty much as soon as these threads were started they were whisked off to the folk who run this site (cheers Baja) so maybe just maybe someone will listen.

 

BUT.........I have been sent this so i think i need to respect this request (obviously i never said we because i don't speak for everyone).

 

 

BTW, when you do complain about value vs money, when you curse and use foul language or insult the intelligence of those that run this site, it will get you nowhere as they just tune you guys out. Logical, calm, and rational arguments are the only way.

 

so in the interests of making this place better any chance we could do this folks???????????

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

BTW, when you do complain about value vs money, when you curse and use foul language or insult the intelligence of those that run this site, it will get you nowhere as they just tune you guys out. Logical, calm, and rational arguments are the only way.

 

so in the interests of making this place better any chance we could do this folks???????????

 

 

 

I wholeheartedly agree with that.

 

I'll admit to getting a bit fired up when this discussion first started, but I agree that this should be a civil and adult debate.

 

I feel that many of us who were very upset initially in this thread have calmed down somewhat and are now being civil to all involved.

 

Cheers for your efforts on this issue Basher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='mick james wrote:


basher1']

 

BTW, when you do complain about value vs money, when you curse and use foul language or insult the intelligence of those that run this site, it will get you nowhere as they just tune you guys out. Logical, calm, and rational arguments are the only way.

 

so in the interests of making this place better any chance we could do this folks???????????

 

 

 

I wholeheartedly agree with that.

 

I'll admit to getting a bit fired up when this discussion first started, but I agree that this should be a civil and adult debate.

 

I feel that many of us who were very upset initially in this thread have calmed down somewhat and are now being civil to all involved.

 

Cheers for your efforts on this issue Basher.

 

yep agree with that Mick.

 

the overwhelming thing is that only one person has said they are "totally happy" with this place and great for them.

 

others are "well i'm happy enough even though there are problems" which again is great but it'd be a damn sight better if it all worked. good on everyone whos come in here and the one downstairs to have thier say now it's getting like it was before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='mick james wrote:


basher1']

 

BTW, when you do complain about value vs money, when you curse and use foul language or insult the intelligence of those that run this site, it will get you nowhere as they just tune you guys out. Logical, calm, and rational arguments are the only way.

 

so in the interests of making this place better any chance we could do this folks???????????

 

 

 

I wholeheartedly agree with that.

 

I'll admit to getting a bit fired up when this discussion first started, but I agree that this should be a civil and adult debate.

 

I feel that many of us who were very upset initially in this thread have calmed down somewhat and are now being civil to all involved.

 

Cheers for your efforts on this issue Basher.

 

I think the reason we all got fired up and upset was because we care so much.. if we didn't care, we would just say "bye U2.com.. your loss" People often use colourful language when they are fired up.. just to get the point across.. yes it might be wrong, but the "powers that be" should realise that it's because we care.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='mick james wrote:


djscottu2 wrote:

mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

basher1 wrote:

MacFoley']here is food for thought too, telling people to stop swearing, yet when bono swears, calling chris marting a wanker, FUCK THE REVOLUTION, your the loudest bunch of motherfuckers we ever heard (from zootv sydney dvd), live 8 in vertigo bono sings just give me what i fucking want................etc etc..................

 

is it ok for him to do? because he is bono? or did the zootop miss that fact there? but for us to do it, ITS WRONG! WORK OF THE DEVIL!

 

dont let the bastards grind you down

jesus help me im all alone in this world, and a fucked up world it is too

dont piss on the gate

 

............get my drift?!

yep totally Mac so its one rule for one and another rule for the rest......

 

but its ok, because bono is a humanitrian.............
eyes.gif

Ahhh for feck's sake boys.

 

at least we know, and aren't bothered by the fact that Bono's a joint smoking, coke-snorting, booby groping rock star like any other.

 

C'mon you douchebags.

 

Yes, the legendary Bono has done a bunch of great stuff.

 

But if you want to worship, go to church for feck's sake.

 

I would imagine Jesus would actually be offended by all of your Bono worshipping bullshit.

 

What was that in the Commandments about worshipping false idols???????

 

If it's that important to you, praise Jesus and spare yourself the trip to Hell.

 

 

He's an awesome bloke yes, but this praising Him as the Prince or whatever sick version of it you want to call it is absolute bullshit.

 

 

And this is coming from someone who has had Bono as his hero from the age of 10 until now.

 

 

 

Here's your messiah suckers, with a big fat delicious joint.

But he's above all that right????

 

Bullshit.

 

 

 

 

 

 

i was little offended when i read this... and i dont get offended much. This is really what set me off in the first place and maybe i can explain it a little better... When i renewed i apid $30.00 in October. The only 3 things i use on this CD mostly is  The Zootops, The CD, And The PRESALE CODES.  So im a Happy Customer, and felt the $30.00 is worth it seein im on here at least 5 -6 times a week. Thats less than a daily paper. But just because im a satisfied customer.. doesnt mean im a "worshipper". Someone also posted about how they couldnt wait for the "Bono/U2 worshippers" to reply about how U2 do no wrong. And again  just because im a satisfied customer doesnt mean they cant do no wrong.  
  This web site is owned by Live Nation they run it.  Even though U2's name is at the top. I dont think they have control anymore. I agree with your complaints... but my other point was .... If Live Nation is running this and doesnt change. would you renew?  thats the bottom line...  and what Live nation should be asking themselves. Would our customers renew? and i know i would. I agree with the fact that this site should be posting any band details or release details well in advance of any other site.  being a satisfied customer  doesnt mean im a worshipper...  Its people like me  that will hurt the unsatisfied customers..  im still going to buy the product.. and some of you have said you would too, but just want it to be nore update and working to your liking... and i agree with you it should be... but big companys like Live Nation maybe figure they can screw the big fan based web sites, not put any money or help into them, because all they have to do is give presale codes to the tickets they are going to sell anyway...  Live Nation is just like Ticketmaster... They can make tons of money the cheapest way. And in a dying music industry, Live Nation seems to be doing the best. Other than I-tunes. so my point is would you renew knowing that Live Nation owns there "Official" website
Hi mate, and thanks for a thoughtful response. I appreciate your honesty.

 

And again I will say that there's a big difference between being a die-hard fan and a Bono-worshipper.

And I'm pretty sure myself, Basher or Mac aren't remotely refering to yourself or other people who are genuinely happy with the product they've purchased, as worshippers.  In fact more power to you.

 

You realise we're not, so we don't need to discuss that further.

 

However there were many of these people around in the last year, and if anyone posted any kind of less than thrilled opinions on the album or tour -  ie their subjective and personal opinion,  they would often get the response of " why don't you leave"  or my favourite " sell your tickets, or don't go to the concert so I'll have a better chance"

 

To be fair and balanced, I'll also say many a person who genuinely enjoyed the tour and album got jumped on by people who didn't.

 

Sorry to offend, but I would hope that you could see the sarcastic nature of the 3 posts you've quoted.

 

I assure you we mean what we said,

but we're obviously (well I think)  having a bit of  a laugh in those posts.

You realise we wouldn't bother coming here regularly and paying the fees if we hated Bon Bon, yeah?

 

As for paying again for a site run by Livenation,

I still stand beside my argument that despite this, U2 is a big enough band with a huge following, and are responsible for their website. It's the official site, and if they know many of their fans aren't happy with it, then I still think they should ask who ever they pay to run it, to deal with these issues.

 

Cheers mate.

crikey!

 

its called having  sense of HUMOUR! it is having a POP and bono lovers who do think he is some kind of prince, some kind of messiah, doesnt mean we dislike the bloke! or hate him! or whatever. some of the things we were talking about we were being serious. some of the things we were saying were in joke form. and we were straying from the MAIN subject which is of the u2.com package and value for money for the fans.

 

eyes.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no problem MacFoley. I understand it was having a sense of humor, i just didnt read it that way at first. like i said to Mick.  You all make great points on how this site/membership should work and would be a better place if it worked they way its supposed to.... and i agree with all the points you have made. But i was a little put off by the face that just because im satisfied with what i want to get out of this website, doesnt mean im a "worshipper"...  my point was what happens if/when it doesnt change...  would you renew?? not necessarily...  if you dont like it leave...  i was more or less saying... if it doesnt change, because  U2 are now owned by Live Nation, who i dont know, if they care enough to make changes. Would you leave or keep paying the fee because of the 3 big perks CD, PRESALE CODES, ACCES TO THIS FORUM. And if you would stay and keep paying, why would they spend the money to change it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no problem MacFoley. I understand it was having a sense of humor, i just didnt read it that way at first. like i said to Mick.  You all make great points on how this site/membership should work and would be a better place if it worked they way its supposed to.... and i agree with all the points you have made. But i was a little put off by the face that just because im satisfied with what i want to get out of this website, doesnt mean im a "worshipper"...  my point was what happens if/when it doesnt change...  would you renew?? not necessarily...  if you dont like it leave...  i was more or less saying... if it doesnt change, because  U2 are now owned by Live Nation, who i dont know, if they care enough to make changes. Would you leave or keep paying the fee because of the 3 big perks CD, PRESALE CODES, ACCES TO THIS FORUM. And if you would stay and keep paying, why would they spend the money to change it.
but what about the years u2 are not touring and there is no holy grail of presale codes, and all we end up with is a crappy cd and access to the forum where you can get the cd from ebay anyway less than a sub fee and chat on other u2 forums and read news about u2 before it appears here?

 

to you not having a u2 email addy is not a problem but it clearly says part of the u2.com package is to have one. we have them but cant open them. so in over a year i have not been able to open my email account_74615. other people feel think this is an issue and they are right. we should be able to open our email accounts here. are the monkeys who work in tech di ignorant to fix such a simple job they are employed to do? or is this site run like "oh we will mention this hitch when someone read the email when they can be bothered?"

 

all in all when u2 stop touring, this place will be even more dead, alot of people will come out of the woodwork on here when they start playing again, but when the music's over, for $30, $40 or $50 a year, you have to admit, is pretty shit for service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
no problem MacFoley. I understand it was having a sense of humor, i just didnt read it that way at first. like i said to Mick.  You all make great points on how this site/membership should work and would be a better place if it worked they way its supposed to.... and i agree with all the points you have made. But i was a little put off by the face that just because im satisfied with what i want to get out of this website, doesnt mean im a "worshipper"...  my point was what happens if/when it doesnt change...  would you renew?? not necessarily...  if you dont like it leave...  i was more or less saying... if it doesnt change, because  U2 are now owned by Live Nation, who i dont know, if they care enough to make changes. Would you leave or keep paying the fee because of the 3 big perks CD, PRESALE CODES, ACCES TO THIS FORUM. And if you would stay and keep paying, why would they spend the money to change it.
Hi Scott.. I have been a member of this site for a long time.. I used to post regularily on here. Just lately I have become disillusioned with the place. I am thinking of letting my membership go after this year, and the reasons for that are the reasons you say are the big perks.. The cd.. well, I re-subbed in october and I still haven't received it.. the pre-sale codes.. that has become useless for me.. I live in the UK and the band announced AFTER I re-subbed that they wouldn't be playing any gigs in the UK or Ireland.. and the access to the forum.. well, you can access the free side without paying a membership.. so really.. there doesn't seem any reason for me to re-sub

 

Dawn x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and to add...................

 

i would stop paying, it wouldnt bother me to be honest. and here is why..............................

 

1. i can still come into the free section and talk the same bollocks here as i can downstairs! without it costing me a penny. i also feel that even though its dead up here when the band are not touring, there is more life in atu2 forum and interference. and when the band is not touring downstairs in paid section, is even deader, not enough to convince me to pay the money eh?

 

2. pre-sale codes and tickets you can purchase away from u2.com. plenty of venue sites you can purchase tickets. im sure we have gained enough friends on here to purchase tickets for us. if the worst comes to the worst, there is ebay. there are ways of seeing u2 without presale codes. and as i said when they are not touring, a presale code is just an added bonus.

 

3. the precious cd gift. as mick mentions above most of the tracks are already out, ok for collectors its nice, but again, im sure we have plenty of friends on here who would let go of their copy and send us one, or if the worst comes to the worst there is always ebay. a gift like a t-shirt would be good, slane castle gift was the best yet and the best thought out gift.

 

4. the shop, anyone can use the shop. and again im sure if you wanted something from the shop, again we have made enough friends on here to send an email and use paypal if you wanted something so badly without getting your feet dirty stepping in the dreaded shop. but the i notice on play.com they were selling u2 tee's for £5.00 GBP each, which we ordered for me for xmas and here on my doorstep 2-4 days later.

 

im really trying hard to defend this site/forum/ whatever apart from "oh its a cool place to hang out" (this is for this years subcription also)

 

so now i have presale code i cant use. whats up with that? and a remix cd collecting dust which i might listen to if i take a load of lsd and want something to laugh at. but hey! i paid i can grumble all i like!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='bonosbaby25 wrote:


djscottu2']no problem MacFoley. I understand it was having a sense of humor, i just didnt read it that way at first. like i said to Mick.  You all make great points on how this site/membership should work and would be a better place if it worked they way its supposed to.... and i agree with all the points you have made. But i was a little put off by the face that just because im satisfied with what i want to get out of this website, doesnt mean im a "worshipper"...  my point was what happens if/when it doesnt change...  would you renew?? not necessarily...  if you dont like it leave...  i was more or less saying... if it doesnt change, because  U2 are now owned by Live Nation, who i dont know, if they care enough to make changes.
Would you leave or keep paying the fee because of the 3 big perks CD, PRESALE CODES, ACCES TO THIS FORUM.
And if you would stay and keep paying, why would they spend the money to change it.

Hi Scott.. I have been a member of this site for a long time.. I used to post regularily on here. Just lately I have become disillusioned with the place. I am thinking of letting my membership go after this year, and the reasons for that are the reasons you say are the big perks.. The cd.. well, I re-subbed in october and I still haven't received it.. the pre-sale codes.. that has become useless for me.. I live in the UK and the band announced AFTER I re-subbed that they wouldn't be playing any gigs in the UK or Ireland.. and the access to the forum.. well, you can access the free side without paying a membership.. so really.. there doesn't seem any reason for me to re-sub

 

Dawn x

 

really bb, you cant use the free section without paying?!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:


bonosbaby25 wrote:

djscottu2']no problem MacFoley. I understand it was having a sense of humor, i just didnt read it that way at first. like i said to Mick.  You all make great points on how this site/membership should work and would be a better place if it worked they way its supposed to.... and i agree with all the points you have made. But i was a little put off by the face that just because im satisfied with what i want to get out of this website, doesnt mean im a "worshipper"...  my point was what happens if/when it doesnt change...  would you renew?? not necessarily...  if you dont like it leave...  i was more or less saying... if it doesnt change, because  U2 are now owned by Live Nation, who i dont know, if they care enough to make changes.
Would you leave or keep paying the fee because of the 3 big perks CD, PRESALE CODES, ACCES TO THIS FORUM.
And if you would stay and keep paying, why would they spend the money to change it.

Hi Scott.. I have been a member of this site for a long time.. I used to post regularily on here. Just lately I have become disillusioned with the place. I am thinking of letting my membership go after this year, and the reasons for that are the reasons you say are the big perks.. The cd.. well, I re-subbed in october and I still haven't received it.. the pre-sale codes.. that has become useless for me.. I live in the UK and the band announced AFTER I re-subbed that they wouldn't be playing any gigs in the UK or Ireland.. and the access to the forum.. well, you can access the free side without paying a membership.. so really.. there doesn't seem any reason for me to re-sub

 

Dawn x

 

really bb, you cant use the free section without paying?!?!

 

lol cheeky Mac.. x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and to add...................

 

i would stop paying, it wouldnt bother me to be honest. and here is why..............................

 

1. i can still come into the free section and talk the same bollocks here as i can downstairs! without it costing me a penny. i also feel that even though its dead up here when the band are not touring, there is more life in atu2 forum and interference. and when the band is not touring downstairs in paid section, is even deader, not enough to convince me to pay the money eh?

 

2. pre-sale codes and tickets you can purchase away from u2.com. plenty of venue sites you can purchase tickets. im sure we have gained enough friends on here to purchase tickets for us. if the worst comes to the worst, there is ebay. there are ways of seeing u2 without presale codes. and as i said when they are not touring, a presale code is just an added bonus.

 

3. the precious cd gift. as mick mentions above most of the tracks are already out, ok for collectors its nice, but again, im sure we have plenty of friends on here who would let go of their copy and send us one, or if the worst comes to the worst there is always ebay. a gift like a t-shirt would be good, slane castle gift was the best yet and the best thought out gift.

 

4. the shop, anyone can use the shop. and again im sure if you wanted something from the shop, again we have made enough friends on here to send an email and use paypal if you wanted something so badly without getting your feet dirty stepping in the dreaded shop. but the i notice on play.com they were selling u2 tee's for £5.00 GBP each, which we ordered for me for xmas and here on my doorstep 2-4 days later.

 

im really trying hard to defend this site/forum/ whatever apart from "oh its a cool place to hang out" (this is for this years subcription also)

 

so now i have presale code i cant use. whats up with that? and a remix cd collecting dust which i might listen to if i take a load of lsd and want something to laugh at. but hey! i paid i can grumble all i like!!!!

gotta say i agree on point 1 Mac does talk bollocks.......roll.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW, when you do complain about value vs money, when you curse and use foul language or insult the intelligence of those that run this site, it will get you nowhere as they just tune you guys out. Logical, calm, and rational arguments are the only way.

 

so in the interests of making this place better any chance we could do this folks???????????

 

 

 

Absolutely.  This is what I've been saying (or trying to say) all along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='ceallach67 wrote:


basher1']

BTW, when you do complain about value vs money, when you curse and use foul language or insult the intelligence of those that run this site, it will get you nowhere as they just tune you guys out. Logical, calm, and rational arguments are the only way.

 

so in the interests of making this place better any chance we could do this folks???????????

 

 

 

Absolutely.  This is what I've been saying (or trying to say) all along.

 

Have ye.......tongue.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mick james wrote: 

Hi mate, I was agreeing with you
happy.gif

Cheers

 

Cool!

What I also find totally disgraceful, everyone, is that people who subscribe won´t get their free CD offer. It happened to me some years ago when I still lived in Brazil and it has recently happened to a friend in Rio. She subscribed on Nov 4 and still hasn´t received it. I contacted Fanfire on her behalf today. Let´s see what they say. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

all i want for christmas is my Aftifical Horizon CD

 

it is stupid if people can't get them! We are all fans aren't we?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: value for $$$ for sub fee

 

yet more news coming out from other sources about release date of 360 DVD from other sources.

Why is that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope they are kidding about the £113 for a "super delux" version coz that really is taking the piss IMHO

 

and I thought we were supposed to have more info on DVD this monday which was YESTERDAY! ¬_¬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope they are kidding about the £113 for a "super delux" version coz that really is taking the piss IMHO

 

and I thought we were supposed to have more info on DVD this monday which was YESTERDAY! ¬_¬

really is taking the piss claire. all in all i still see plenty of super deluxe box sets of no line in hmv, just sitting there collecting dust at the cost of nearly £50. how the hell are they going to shift copies at £150 retail price. the £113 is amazon's price eh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:


Claire T']I hope they are kidding about the £113 for a "super delux" version coz that really is taking the piss IMHO

 

and I thought we were supposed to have more info on DVD this monday which was YESTERDAY! ¬_¬

really is taking the piss claire. all in all i still see plenty of super deluxe box sets of no line in hmv, just sitting there collecting dust at the cost of nearly £50. how the hell are they going to shift copies at £150 retail price. the £113 is amazon's price eh!

 

As someone who loves to collect music (I blame my Dad for this lol!) over £100 for 2 dvds is a lot and more than I can afford - even if I was working full time! Hell, it is the same price a two seated tickets for a concert, and I know what I'd prefer to buy! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:


MacFoley wrote:

Claire T']I hope they are kidding about the £113 for a "super delux" version coz that really is taking the piss IMHO

 

and I thought we were supposed to have more info on DVD this monday which was YESTERDAY! ¬_¬

really is taking the piss claire. all in all i still see plenty of super deluxe box sets of no line in hmv, just sitting there collecting dust at the cost of nearly £50. how the hell are they going to shift copies at £150 retail price. the £113 is amazon's price eh!

 

As someone who loves to collect music (I blame my Dad for this lol!) over £100 for 2 dvds is a lot and more than I can afford - even if I was working full time! Hell, it is the same price a two seated tickets for a concert, and I know what I'd prefer to buy! im going to wait a year, it can wait. it will drop in price. i havent got MUG written on my head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:


Zhivvy wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

Claire T']I hope they are kidding about the £113 for a "super delux" version coz that really is taking the piss IMHO

 

and I thought we were supposed to have more info on DVD this monday which was YESTERDAY! ¬_¬

really is taking the piss claire. all in all i still see plenty of super deluxe box sets of no line in hmv, just sitting there collecting dust at the cost of nearly £50. how the hell are they going to shift copies at £150 retail price. the £113 is amazon's price eh!

 

As someone who loves to collect music (I blame my Dad for this lol!) over £100 for 2 dvds is a lot and more than I can afford - even if I was working full time! Hell, it is the same price a two seated tickets for a concert, and I know what I'd prefer to buy! 
im going to wait a year, it can wait. it will drop in price. i havent got MUG written on my head.

 

 

Or disposable income written there either!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:


MacFoley wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

Claire T']I hope they are kidding about the £113 for a "super delux" version coz that really is taking the piss IMHO

 

and I thought we were supposed to have more info on DVD this monday which was YESTERDAY! ¬_¬

really is taking the piss claire. all in all i still see plenty of super deluxe box sets of no line in hmv, just sitting there collecting dust at the cost of nearly £50. how the hell are they going to shift copies at £150 retail price. the £113 is amazon's price eh!

 

As someone who loves to collect music (I blame my Dad for this lol!) over £100 for 2 dvds is a lot and more than I can afford - even if I was working full time! Hell, it is the same price a two seated tickets for a concert, and I know what I'd prefer to buy! 
im going to wait a year, it can wait. it will drop in price. i havent got MUG written on my head.

 

 

Or disposable income written there either!!so lets add this up shall we............

 

£30-40 to sub

£30 for vinyl

£50 for a ticket

£10 for a programme

£20 for a t-shirt

£20 average on cd singles from no line

 

£170 spent in the year on u2 for me, thats just a rough job, not including more albums in the year along the way. not including petrol to get to the venue, food, tickets for my boys............all adds up eh!

 

and that is nothing compared to what other zootops have spent.

 

and to add another £113 ontop, i simply cant afford, and even if i could i wouldnt pay that price.frown.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...