Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basher1

Totally Disgraceful......

The only way they could justify that price would be to include concert tickets in the box.

Or someone will jump out of the boxset on Thursday screaming "April Fools!!!"

But after seeing that bit in the ad (which still hasn't been mentioned on this website) about a special new format. who knows?

but if it is april fools mate, then why are amazon letting people purchase it now? surely it would not go THAT far would it?

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

Claire T']I hope they are kidding about the £113 for a "super delux" version coz that really is taking the piss IMHO

and I thought we were supposed to have more info on DVD this monday which was YESTERDAY! ¬_¬

really is taking the piss claire. all in all i still see plenty of super deluxe box sets of no line in hmv, just sitting there collecting dust at the cost of nearly £50. how the hell are they going to shift copies at £150 retail price. the £113 is amazon's price eh!

As someone who loves to collect music (I blame my Dad for this lol!) over £100 for 2 dvds is a lot and more than I can afford - even if I was working full time! Hell, it is the same price a two seated tickets for a concert, and I know what I'd prefer to buy! 
im going to wait a year, it can wait. it will drop in price. i havent got MUG written on my head.

Or disposable income written there either!!
so lets add this up shall we............

£30-40 to sub

£30 for vinyl

£50 for a ticket

£10 for a programme

£20 for a t-shirt

£20 average on cd singles from no line

£170 spent in the year on u2 for me, thats just a rough job, not including more albums in the year along the way. not including petrol to get to the venue, food, tickets for my boys............all adds up eh!

and that is nothing compared to what other zootops have spent.

and to add another £113 ontop, i simply cant afford, and even if i could i wouldnt pay that price.frown.gif

Add on to that the flights to Dublin last summer (made a holiday of it though as have friends there) and getting down to Wembley and Sheffield and then frankfurt, 3 red zone tickets for Hannover (ouch!!! but will be worth it!) and then a trip to Vienna too with tickets (always have a trip away with friends that time of year so only ticket really!). My choices to go to so many shows, but would much prefer to spend my hard earned money on actually seeing them in the flesh than on a dvd. To me that seems more value for money.

but if it is april fools mate, then why are amazon letting people purchase it now? surely it would not go THAT far would it?
True.

And it says the rrp is 151 pounds!!!!

That's over $400 Australian by the way.

So that;s 100 beers at the pub!laugh.gif

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

Claire T']I hope they are kidding about the £113 for a "super delux" version coz that really is taking the piss IMHO

and I thought we were supposed to have more info on DVD this monday which was YESTERDAY! ¬_¬

really is taking the piss claire. all in all i still see plenty of super deluxe box sets of no line in hmv, just sitting there collecting dust at the cost of nearly £50. how the hell are they going to shift copies at £150 retail price. the £113 is amazon's price eh!

As someone who loves to collect music (I blame my Dad for this lol!) over £100 for 2 dvds is a lot and more than I can afford - even if I was working full time! Hell, it is the same price a two seated tickets for a concert, and I know what I'd prefer to buy! 
im going to wait a year, it can wait. it will drop in price. i havent got MUG written on my head.

£30-40 to sub

£30 for vinyl

£50 for a ticket

£10 for a programme

£20 for a t-shirt

£170 spent in the year on u2 for me, thats just a rough job, not including more albums in the year along the way. not including petrol to get to the venue, food, tickets for my boys............all adds up eh!

and to add another £113 ontop, i simply cant afford, and even if i could i wouldnt pay that price.
frown.gif

Add on to that the flights to Dublin last summer (made a holiday of it though as have friends there) and getting down to Wembley and Sheffield and then frankfurt, 3 red zone tickets for Hannover (ouch!!! but will be worth it!) and then a trip to Vienna too with tickets (always have a trip away with friends that time of year so only ticket really!). My choices to go to so many shows, but would much prefer to spend my hard earned money on actually seeing them in the flesh than on a dvd. To me that seems more value for money.i envy people like you who go to other countries to see them. my next u2 dream is to see them in ireland. but looks like your CC took some battering on u2 in the past year!

Zhivvy wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

£30-40 to sub

£30 for vinyl

£50 for a ticket

£10 for a programme

£20 for a t-shirt

and to add another £113 ontop, i simply cant afford, and even if i could i wouldnt pay that price.
frown.gif

Add on to that the flights to Dublin last summer (made a holiday of it though as have friends there) and getting down to Wembley and Sheffield and then frankfurt, 3 red zone tickets for Hannover (ouch!!! but will be worth it!) and then a trip to Vienna too with tickets (always have a trip away with friends that time of year so only ticket really!). My choices to go to so many shows, but would much prefer to spend my hard earned money on actually seeing them in the flesh than on a dvd. To me that seems more value for money.
i envy people like you who go to other countries to see them. my next u2 dream is to see them in ireland. but looks like your CC took some battering on u2 in the past year!

oh it did!! lol! But saved for it too this year. Until last year and the Dublin gig never saw them anywhere but UK. But this year we were already planning to drive to Poland for our summer holidays (as we normally do) and just adapted things to get the gigs in there (well I did and Hubby just agreed - easier for him lol!) and Vienna is somewhere me and my friends have always fancied for a weekend. So all worked out well too. Apart from nearly getting to Paris too but huband's car died and needed to buy a new one last week! So bye bye Paris!

yeah sounds good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh it does - just got to get two not huge U2 fans to get out of bed and in the GA queue by no later than 9am! HELP!!!

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

MacFoley']yeah sounds good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh it does - just got to get two not huge U2 fans to get out of bed and in the GA queue by no later than 9am! HELP!!!Spike their morning coffee with somethinglaugh.gif

[quote name='mick james wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

MacFoley']yeah sounds good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh it does - just got to get two not huge U2 fans to get out of bed and in the GA queue by no later than 9am! HELP!!!
Spike their morning coffee with somethinglaugh.gif

The things that i have promised them so that they agree!! It is going to cost me a lot to do it, but that is my dedication!!! And they are hoping that I throw myself on stage and get arrested and that will be worth the queueing for them - to see me arrested lol!

OK so the details are on the front page.

No mention of a super-deluxe box, but it doeas indicate that Breath is an Extra Track?????

What's the point?

Kinda like taking Mysterious Ways out of the Slane gig and having it as an extra - completley pointless.

Should just be in the main video if there's no other reason, like the camera stopped etc.

£150 quid ffs yes coz I'm that rich lol 

I pay enough to see these guys live as it is and yes that's my own choosing but to pay over the odds to get a DVD is not my game! I've never got a dvd full price in my life (half the time I get mine at exchange shops).

I'm waiting to see if it goes on play.com no vat or postage in the UK love that place. If not i'll wait like you guys for the price to go down .

(i'd be upset though if we have to pay that emount of cash just to get new tunes that apprently we are supposed to get on the dvd unless that's just BS )

I'm really going to try to keep my opinions down though untill somone has got it and we know what the super delux version is lol

and no breathe not right not a whole concert then is it roll.gif

Tracklisting of U2360° At The Rose Bowl is as follows:

Get On Your Boots, Magnificent, Mysterious Ways, Beautiful Day, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of, No Line On The Horizon, Elevation, In A Little While, Unknown Caller, Until the End of the World, The Unforgettable Fire, City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight, Sunday Bloody Sunday, MLK, Walk On, One, Where The Streets Have No Name, Ultra Violet (Light My Way), With Or Without You, Moment Of Surrender.

U2360° At The Rose Bowl is released in the following formats:

- Single Disc DVD, live concert only

- Deluxe DVD (content to be announced)

- Two Disc DVD Deluxe edition

and

- Blu-Ray Single Disc edition each featuring the live concert plus:

Squaring The Circle: Creating U2360° Documentary

U2360° Tour Clips

Bonus Track 'Breathe' (Live At The Rose Bowl)

Berlin Timelapse Video

Videos:

Get On Your Boots

Magnificent

I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Animated)

I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Live At Barcelona)

The Making Of 'Get On Your Boots' Video

The Making Of 'Magnificent' Video

OFFICIAL FROM U2.COM

there you go c! but no mention of super deluxe, or any new song rumour..................

They just did an edit - now mentions Box Set

U2360° At The Rose Bowl is released in the following formats:

- Single Disc DVD, live concert only

- 2DVD Super Deluxe Box Set (content to be announced)

- Two Disc DVD Deluxe edition

and

- Blu-Ray Single Disc edition each featuring the live concert plus:

Squaring The Circle: Creating U2360° Documentary

U2360° Tour Clips

Bonus Track 'Breathe' (Live At The Rose Bowl)

Berlin Timelapse Video

Videos:

Get On Your Boots

Magnificent

I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Animated)

I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Live At Barcelona)

The Making Of 'Get On Your Boots' Video

The Making Of 'Magnificent' Video

And to return to the original spirit of this thread, it appears that U2 now want only their wealthiest fans to be able to afford their special releases.

They used to be fair to the fans.

I would love all the box sets etc, but unfortunately are in no position to be able to afford AUS$400 for a couple of DVDs.

I've been a collector all my life, but this is just too exclusive for your normal fans to be able to afford.

How about a subsciber discount?

Yeah right.

and thinking about it mick you have to pay extra if you want breathe, the whole show! madness!

so info on super deluxe waiting to be up..........................
fully autographed perhaps?

Comes with a maltese terrier?

Includes a Russian bride?

lol

and this is why next year I'm going to the Spanish Grand Prix and have 3 days of f1 fun

Seriously people say F1 is exspensive but hey get more for my money than U2

What I also find totally disgraceful, everyone, is that people who subscribe won´t get their free CD offer.... it has recently happened to a friend in Rio. She subscribed on Nov 4 and still hasn´t received it. I contacted Fanfire on her behalf today. Let´s see what they say. 

Just a quick update: Fanfire got back to my friend and said they shipped her CD on March 3. Hope everyone is keeping well. 

and thinking about it mick you have to pay extra if you want breathe, the whole show! madness!
That's just plain rude.

So every version except the standard DVD has Breathe though as far as I can tell?

But to remove the intro and put it as an extra is mind boggling.

I'll go for the Blu-Ray me thinks.  One disc and with all the (standard non- rich-person) extras

to be honest i think not having the full concert on all disks is making me not want to buy it anyway! I'm not rich I don't have a job at the moment and to be honest why should I pay for something that isn't what it says on the tin

a 360 concert!

and i'm not just saying that for the sake of saying it but I really wanted the DVD to show my mum what the whole point of seeing U2 live was about so she'd understand me going to Vienna to see them this year and Dublin last but what's the point if the start of the gig isn't there!

to be honest i think not having the full concert on all disks is making me not want to buy it anyway! I'm not rich I don't have a job at the moment and to be honest why should I pay for something that isn't what it says on the tin

a 360 concert!

and i'm not just saying that for the sake of saying it but I really wanted the DVD to show my mum what the whole point of seeing U2 live was about so she'd understand me going to Vienna to see them this year and Dublin last but what's the point if the start of the gig isn't there!

It makes no sense that they would remove a pivotal part of the concert and tour from the main film and hide it under some extras menu somewhere.

There is no point in this IMO and is just plain stupid.

yes well i'm just gonna sit and wait and see what people say about it even before thinking of getting it

$40 for the Deluxe at the U2 Shop.

Seems like Mary and I guessed right about the April Fools joke!

Pretty good way to rile up a bunch of already pissed off fans!

Do you think it's Bono getting us back for this thread?laugh.giflaugh.gif

a 360 concert!

zoo live in sydney-tryin to throw your cuts arms - cut

boston show-not full show and edited with two nights shooting

slane castle-mysterious ways-cut bonus track

under a blood red sky-i fall down-cut (missing footage)

milan vertigo-cut to shreads, only 10 tracks

vertigo chicago-not full show edited with two nights shooting

ONLY popmart is the full show, and even that was edited because larry drops a stick on new years day, bono tells off a fan for pointing a laser stick at him.

360 why should it be any different to have a track cut?!roll.gif

(i agree its lame!)

and i was thinking right, the set on the new dvd..................

songs on there like elevation (on every previous dvd)

until the end of the world (on nearly every u2 live dvd released)

in a little while (could be a skipper)

sunday bloody sunday (do we need it again on dvd)

mysterious ways (zootv, popmart, slane castle, vertigo chicago)

there are probably more.

although the dvd clip looks wicked, i would prefer a dvd with songs we didnt get to see much of...........

electrical storm

desire

angel of harlem

what else were their suprise songs? im stuck here!roll.gif