Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basher1

Totally Disgraceful......

Hey everyone thanks to the contributions to this thread and the one downstairs. i have been asked to "clean" these up a bit then it will all be forwarded to the site owners, so i will at some point before the weekend (hopefully) make up a new one but have all the comments pertaining to the origional questions/concerns etc on it so that it can be forwarded.

to be honest i think not having the full concert on all disks is making me not want to buy it anyway! I'm not rich I don't have a job at the moment and to be honest why should I pay for something that isn't what it says on the tin

a 360 concert!

and i'm not just saying that for the sake of saying it but I really wanted the DVD to show my mum what the whole point of seeing U2 live was about so she'd understand me going to Vienna to see them this year and Dublin last but what's the point if the start of the gig isn't there!

So you went to the show, watched the intro, watched breathe and then left? 

as for the new songs we havent seen on DVD how about Unforgettable Fire? Ultraviolet? Stuck in a moment (only ever been on 1 DVD), people moaned when Until the end of the world wasnt on the vertigo tour dvd and now people are moaning its on this one.

[quote name='kevu209 wrote:

Claire T']to be honest i think not having the full concert on all disks is making me not want to buy it anyway! I'm not rich I don't have a job at the moment and to be honest why should I pay for something that isn't what it says on the tin

a 360 concert!

and i'm not just saying that for the sake of saying it but I really wanted the DVD to show my mum what the whole point of seeing U2 live was about so she'd understand me going to Vienna to see them this year and Dublin last but what's the point if the start of the gig isn't there!

as for the new songs we havent seen on DVD how about Unforgettable Fire? Ultraviolet? Stuck in a moment (only ever been on 1 DVD), people moaned when Until the end of the world wasnt on the vertigo tour dvd and now people are moaning its on this one.

the songs you mentioned apart from stuck in a moment (another skipper i feel) yeah visually they are brilliant on 360. im not moaning im just saying it would have been better to have released a concert with a setlist that does not resemble GREATEST HITS?!frown.gif

................and its the first time ive moaned about a u2 dvd tracklist or vhs tracklist for that matter, so give us some slack eh?

Hey everyone thanks to the contributions to this thread and the one downstairs. i have been asked to "clean" these up a bit then it will all be forwarded to the site owners, so i will at some point before the weekend (hopefully) make up a new one but have all the comments pertaining to the origional questions/concerns etc on it so that it can be forwarded.
Cool!

Nice work Basher.

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

Claire T']to be honest i think not having the full concert on all disks is making me not want to buy it anyway! I'm not rich I don't have a job at the moment and to be honest why should I pay for something that isn't what it says on the tin

a 360 concert!

zoo live in sydney-tryin to throw your cuts arms - cut

boston show-not full show and edited with two nights shooting

slane castle-mysterious ways-cut bonus track

under a blood red sky-i fall down-cut (missing footage)

milan vertigo-cut to shreads, only 10 tracks

vertigo chicago-not full show edited with two nights shooting

ONLY popmart is the full show, and even that was edited because larry drops a stick on new years day, bono tells off a fan for pointing a laser stick at him.

360 why should it be any different to have a track cut?!roll.gif

(i agree its lame!)

and i was thinking right, the set on the new dvd..................

songs on there like elevation (on every previous dvd)

until the end of the world (on nearly every u2 live dvd released)

in a little while (could be a skipper)

sunday bloody sunday (do we need it again on dvd)

mysterious ways (zootv, popmart, slane castle, vertigo chicago)

there are probably more.

although the dvd clip looks wicked, i would prefer a dvd with songs we didnt get to see much of...........

electrical storm

desire

angel of harlem

what else were their suprise songs? im stuck here!roll.gif

I don't mind them cutting songs...it's extremely rare not to.....just don't cut the opener, for Christ's sake.....

I will personally wait until it's been out awhile. I am doing the same thing with the Beatles remasters. Eventually, the price will come down.

How greedy can this band be?????.......

It's now $50 for a subscription that is unbelieveable i mean it's not as if you get value for money here nowadays the whiole pre-sale thing is a shambles you could get a ticket no problem on the tour......the gifts are a joke and the place is pretty much a graveyard nowadays.

so here i'd like to say to folk come on in here defend the undefendable if you can i know there will be A LOT of people out there you know the "u2 can do no wrong brigade" that will say "well the band have nothing to do with the site"

You are wrong this is u2's "official" website it is in thier name.

Totally disgusted with the way this band has become so greedy over the last few years.

If you don't believe me have a look in the shop.

Ok so this was the OP that i put to start this thread, now that the dvd is coming out i done a wee bit of searching of my own, i had saw the prices that amazon and some other places were saying for the super-duper deluxe set and could not believe what i was seeing.

i went to another website and saw they want £107.99 for it.

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/dis...;-1;-1;-1&sku=461778

now if this is true and not some kind of April Fools Day joke then i do think that this makes my first point valid that u2 are just getting too greedy.

now if these websites are correct and there are going to be 3 versions of the dvd released then thats just taking the piss out of people.

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

basher1']How greedy can this band be?????.......

It's now $50 for a subscription that is unbelieveable i mean it's not as if you get value for money here nowadays the whiole pre-sale thing is a shambles you could get a ticket no problem on the tour......the gifts are a joke and the place is pretty much a graveyard nowadays.

so here i'd like to say to folk come on in here defend the undefendable if you can i know there will be A LOT of people out there you know the "u2 can do no wrong brigade" that will say "well the band have nothing to do with the site"

You are wrong this is u2's "official" website it is in thier name.

Totally disgusted with the way this band has become so greedy over the last few years.

If you don't believe me have a look in the shop.

Ok so this was the OP that i put to start this thread, now that the dvd is coming out i done a wee bit of searching of my own, i had saw the prices that amazon and some other places were saying for the super-duper deluxe set and could not believe what i was seeing.

i went to another website and saw they want £107.99 for it.

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/dis...;-1;-1;-1&sku=461778

now if this is true and not some kind of April Fools Day joke then i do think that this makes my first point valid that u2 are just getting too greedy.

now if these websites are correct and there are going to be 3 versions of the dvd released then thats just taking the piss out of people.

and here is the THING. on amazon.com look at the original price of the single dvd (from the US)....................

http://www.amazon.com/s/r...ose+bowl&x=0&y=0

$20 odd before they cut they price.

soif we import the SUPER deluxe dvd (which wont play on a dvd playerunless its multi regional right) today we can get it for $40 (dependingif they will post to the UK dont forget for this item)

so why are the UK paying so much still for the same item?

nice one Basher!

[quote name='kevu209 wrote:

a 360 concert!

no i didn't what i was saying is why buy a DVD that's supposed to be of a concert when it's not the full one! Anyway sure that'll change hopfully fingers crossed!