Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basher1

Totally Disgraceful......

yeah mick, there will always be other bands, ok not like u2, but i can live with that. if there were no more u2 tomorrow so what? does it really matter?! no really.....................

TOOL, radiohead, muse-3 bands which still make music today, who are NOT bothered if they have the biggest stage in the world. its all about the music.

time u2 woke up. nothing wrong with no line album at all for me, setlist has to be some of the worst i have seen for their efforts.

Am i also reading correctly that another website is saying the 360 dvd s coming out and you can register for it????......
yep. on atu2 that news was yesterday.

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

basher1']Am i also reading correctly that another website is saying the 360 dvd s coming out and you can register for it????......

Kinda figures eh.......

[quote name='eyes.gifbasher1 wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

basher1']Am i also reading correctly that another website is saying the 360 dvd s coming out and you can register for it????......

Kinda figures eh.......

eyes.gif yep mate!

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

basher1 wrote:

mick james']
bono-girls-425.jpg

Less love for hookers,

More love for your fans.

Embarresing dad comes to mind.

and yeah what you said Mick.

there you go rosa, there is your prince, what an embrassing pic of a father and a husband. laughing his way to the bank knowing fans would buy his shit in a tin if the chance came along.

OMG I hate that picture and it is embarrassing.  I don't know the whole story behind that photo, but it just isn't a good thing to have out there.

It has become that when you mention U2 to people they immediately think of Bono and some of the people he's been linked to for his Africa cause, like Bush.  Even my husband, who's a real casual fan, brings up those Bono photo ops with Bush, eeeek.  I wish they'd tone down the rhetoric at concerts.  We all know where they stand and how to help if we're so inclined.  They don't have to try and make us 'aware' anymore, everyone is more then aware of the state of the world.  I'm not totally saying the old shut up and sing rant, a little blip about whatever is fine.  But the shows do seem to come to a screeching halt when the 'issues' are brought into it.  Springsteen usually makes a small public service announcement during his shows too, but that's it, then it's on with the show and his songs, like U2's, say it all.

I  remember during the Elevation and then again the Veritgo tour desperately wanting to go and take our son.  When I saw the price of tickets I almost fell over.  I couldn't afford them back then and remember thinking, 'what happened to the band I love so much and were all about the fans, when did they get so greedy.'  I now can afford decent tickets and to join here, a year ago.  I must admit, I expected a lot more 'exclusives' from this site when I joined.  I love the Rare cd we got, not crazy about remixes, and wish I had a couple of the previous subscription cd's that were given out, they sound cool.  I have no clue what this place was like before, but there sure seems to be a lot of long time zooheads very unhappy, that's too bad.

I'll always be an obsessed U2 fan, I don't have any complaints about the music, other then making more of it and quit taking so long between albums, I'm not getting any younger and either are they.

you probably are Kristaps! To be honest, i don't think it was his cleverest move getting photographed with those two girls, who look like they are around the same age as his daughters, no matter how innocent it all was, but's that just me.

you probably are Kristaps! To be honest, i don't think it was his cleverest move getting photographed with those two girls, who look like they are around the same age as his daughters, no matter how innocent it all was, but's that just me.

OMG I hate that picture and it is embarrassing.  I don't know the whole story behind that photo, but it just isn't a good thing to have out there.

It has become that when you mention U2 to people they immediately think of Bono and some of the people he's been linked to for his Africa cause, like Bush.  Even my husband, who's a real casual fan, brings up those Bono photo ops with Bush, eeeek.  I wish they'd tone down the rhetoric at concerts.  We all know where they stand and how to help if we're so inclined.  They don't have to try and make us 'aware' anymore, everyone is more then aware of the state of the world.  I'm not totally saying the old shut up and sing rant, a little blip about whatever is fine.  But the shows do seem to come to a screeching halt when the 'issues' are brought into it.  Springsteen usually makes a small public service announcement during his shows too, but that's it, then it's on with the show and his songs, like U2's, say it all.

I'll always be an obsessed U2 fan, I don't have any complaints about the music, other then making more of it and quit taking so long between albums, I'm not getting any younger and either are they.

i would love to see more cd's and less time between. but i also think that being pushed to bring out a new cd every couple of years has drained other bands/artists... you cant force inspiration, can you?

No, Kris, youre not alone....knowing the paparazzi, honestly, bono "got caught in a picture that he cant get out of!"

I thank my college profs for forcing me to think critically...what is the source? are they reliable? what are the other sides of the story?

Those college papers I had to write were really difficult for me. Its so much easier and lazier to just accept rumor and gossip and speculation and heresay....

In a court of law, rumors, speculation, heresay-they are THROWN OUT!!

No, Kris, youre not alone....knowing the paparazzi, honestly, bono "got caught in a picture that he cant get out of!"

I thank my college profs for forcing me to think critically...what is the source? are they reliable? what are the other sides of the story?

Those college papers I had to write were really difficult for me. Its so much easier and lazier to just accept rumor and gossip and speculation and heresay....

In a court of law, rumors, speculation, heresay-they are THROWN OUT!

so tell us what could be the other side of this story, spicy.... i do think it doesnt look good, but i'd like to hear another point of view here.

and please note: dirty-veg-pics are not allowed by this court!wink.gif

I mean, sure - one might want to think that Bono's hanging out with two young because his marriage with Ali is on a brink of a divorce.

But then again - it could just we as well be a picture from Bono's and his friends party, and they were just having a good time. Who hasn't been in a similar picture?

I mean, sure - one might want to think that Bono's hanging out with two young because his marriage with Ali is on a brink of a divorce.

But then again - it could just we as well be a picture from Bono's and his friends party, and they were just having a good time. Who hasn't been in a similar picture?

i havent!happy.gifwink.gif

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

Kristaps']I mean, sure - one might want to think that Bono's hanging out with two young because his marriage with Ali is on a brink of a divorce.

i havent!happy.gifwink.gif

I have :D

2zog1n8.jpg

but she's not in bikini, kris....and there's only one...so sorry to point that out to youtongue.gif

Well, honestly I think the photo makes him look like a desperate, perverted old man rather than a rock star . . . I mean maybe it's because I'm old (Bono's age, lol) too, but they look like little girls, not even women yet. Maybe it was all innocent, probably was, but perception is everything in the media. I could care less if he has a photo of he and Bush shaking hands, doesn't bother me in the least since Bush gave so much aid to Africa. Doesn't bother me either if he and Clinton are friends and pal around or that he gushed over Obama while playing at the inauguration. However, again, perception is everything and just because I don't care doesn't mean that it will play well on the public stage - it didn't and he has been laughed at for all of those things. I was glad to see the political speeches take a back seat to the music on 360 - those speeches went on and on at some of the Vertigo shows and I think that got kind of old. Like Surrenders said, everyone is aware at this point, so it can be toned down now. I don't like that Bono and U2 seem to be more known for aid than for their music. I get that Bono wants to use his position to bring about change and I find it admirable, but I think it's time to work more quietly behind the scenes to effect change and just be a band for awhile, lol. As far as ticket prices, cost of membership here, lack of exclusive content, and gifts . . . . . well, honestly, it could all use a bit of tweaking imo. Very irksome that it has all become so expensive and I would like to see something really special offered to their loyal fans. And why in the world can't we use our discount code on the vinyl?????

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

surrenders']

i would love to see more cd's and less time between. but i also think that being pushed to bring out a new cd every couple of years has drained other bands/artists... you cant force inspiration, can you?Barbara it's not so much the only releasing a new album every 4-5 years it's the fact that they have got greedy with all the best of's deluxes different formats of albums and singles remixes and so on plus the deal with blackberry and apple i mean when i first got into this lot when Boy was released (yes i am that old) it was raw passionate music Bono singing Larry clattering the drums Adam banging away on his bass and Edge playing guitar like something i had never heard but now its all remixes and so on i would love for them to get back to what they do best putting out raw passionate inspiring music.

also the money i have dished out to be on this website is not worth it anymore not for the service you get....faulty website, an "exclusive" gift that i downloaded days after it firts started arriving and other issues.

The fact of the matter is that this has been on all day and as of yet no-one can come forward to tell me i am wrong on all this and to give good reasoning why.

but she's not in bikini, kris....and there's only one...so sorry to point that out to youtongue.gif
But I'm not Bono and not so interesting that two girls would like to be in my company at the same time :D

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

surrenders']

i would love to see more cd's and less time between. but i also think that being pushed to bring out a new cd every couple of years has drained other bands/artists... you cant force inspiration, can you?
Barbara it's not so much the only releasing a new album every 4-5 years it's the fact that they have got greedy with all the best of's deluxes different formats of albums and singles remixes and so on plus the deal with blackberry and apple i mean when i first got into this lot when Boy was released (yes i am that old) it was raw passionate music Bono singing Larry clattering the drums Adam banging away on his bass and Edge playing guitar like something i had never heard but now its all remixes and so on i would love for them to get back to what they do best putting out raw passionate inspiring music.

also the money i have dished out to be on this website is not worth it anymore not for the service you get....faulty website, an "exclusive" gift that i downloaded days after it firts started arriving and other issues.

The fact of the matter is that this has been on all day and as of yet no-one can come forward to tell me i am wrong on all this and to give good reasoning why.

I don't mind all the different formats, to be honest cos am a bit of a collector.  But it's the site i have a problem with and the fact that you pay for stuff and have to wait ages for it to arrive, despite the claims of stuff being shipped from UK and US to ensure faster shipping worldwide.

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

surrenders']

Barbara it's not so much the only releasing a new album every 4-5 years it's the fact that they have got greedy with all the best of's deluxes different formats of albums and singles remixes and so on plus the deal with blackberry and apple i mean when i first got into this lot when Boy was released (yes i am that old) it was raw passionate music Bono singing Larry clattering the drums Adam banging away on his bass and Edge playing guitar like something i had never heard but now its all remixes and so on i would love for them to get back to what they do best putting out raw passionate inspiring music.

I don't mind all the different formats, to be honest cos am a bit of a collector.  But it's the site i have a problem with and the fact that you pay for stuff and have to wait ages for it to arrive, despite the claims of stuff being shipped from UK and US to ensure faster shipping worldwide.

Well, honestly I think the photo makes him look like a desperate, perverted old man rather than a rock star . . . I mean maybe it's because I'm old (Bono's age, lol) too, but they look like little girls, not even women yet. Maybe it was all innocent, probably was, but perception is everything in the media. I could care less if he has a photo of he and Bush shaking hands, doesn't bother me in the least since Bush gave so much aid to Africa. Doesn't bother me either if he and Clinton are friends and pal around or that he gushed over Obama while playing at the inauguration. However, again, perception is everything and just because I don't care doesn't mean that it will play well on the public stage - it didn't and he has been laughed at for all of those things. I was glad to see the political speeches take a back seat to the music on 360 - those speeches went on and on at some of the Vertigo shows and I think that got kind of old. Like Surrenders said, everyone is aware at this point, so it can be toned down now. I don't like that Bono and U2 seem to be more known for aid than for their music. I get that Bono wants to use his position to bring about change and I find it admirable, but I think it's time to work more quietly behind the scenes to effect change and just be a band for awhile, lol. As far as ticket prices, cost of membership here, lack of exclusive content, and gifts . . . . . well, honestly, it could all use a bit of tweaking imo. Very irksome that it has all become so expensive and I would like to see something really special offered to their loyal fans. And why in the world can't we use our discount code on the vinyl?????
Janette your last line there sums it up for me it can't be used because the greed has taken over.

i like your take on the speeches as well they did get very tiresome during the Vertigo tour and i only went to 2 shows then. as for this tour the mask wearing folk and the Tutu speech were just as irksome as the speeches during the Vertigo tour....

i mean i was at Hampden park in Glasgow for the Vertigo gig and Bono called for a million people to march on Edinburgh (my home city) myself and some other folk beside me also from there shouted "f**k off don't bloody bother"........then the day of live 8 at Murryfield Edinburgh came and there were riots and a lot of damage done to the city yeah thanks for that one Bono pure class.

[quote name='Carol8 wrote:

basher1 wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

surrenders']

i've got a fair collection too but i draw the line at buying 20 different versions of the one thing, don't get me wrong some of the collectors are great friends of mine and i'd trust them with my life so im not having a go at them im having a go at the band for the sheer greed.