Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MacFoley

MICK JAMES the MASHER!

Marianne and I would be your biggest fans at your gigs...I would line up in the GA just like for U2...and would sure as hell make front rail for ya...!!!!! ;-)....We will be waiting for an autograph copy of your first cd...REALLY.

Okay, Mick the second link for the invitation...I don't see the "write-up" for you...in fact, I think it is the same link as the first invite....or am I looking at it wrong????

Oops, fixed it, but here's the link

http://kathfries.blogspot.../2009_07_01_archive.html

El and I did a radio show for a few years on a popular Sydney alternative station.  We'd do Friday nights from 12am -6am, and we'd pretty mach have a radio station to ourselves for most of that time.

Damn good fun. It's actually really labour intensive to come up with 6 hours of tunes and talk on a Sydney Friday night when loads of peeps were listening /calling up.  But it was so much fun.

We'd play plenty of party tunes/ electronic dance music and then move into the weirder and quiter stuff as the night wnet on. We always played lots of local Sydney music too which was always fun.

Ah the things you find out about us hey??

Marianne would have really loved it I think!

[quote name='mick james wrote:

tracy c. wrote:

mick james wrote:

tracy c.']Mick, you opinionated???  Nothing wrong with that dear....

I talked to Bowman last night...I called him (I can call internationally from my cell phone for free to other landlines...not cell phones tho)....He is used to me calling now in the middle of the night (his time - lol, but he is a night owl).  Anyway, I was so excited to call and tell him that my hubby is going to let me go to Salt Lake to see U2....he first said "no" but now has agreed....so, it will be me, Bowman, and Jami Sharp...but my hubby is letting me go on one condition....both have to do Temple Square with me...Bowman said he would cuz it is part of Salt Lake's history of course...but he said he won't convert - LOL.  But it will be kinda fun showing off some of my church history :-).

Mick, I must go and read some of your posts tho...looking forward to it actually.....you have heard some of my rants and u still luv me too...so no worries....u were my first zootop friend...u can do no wrong (looks like I have drank the Mick "kool-aid" ;-)....

How was the show dear????  Did your beautiful lady go with you too?

Tracy, I'm a bit pickled, so in the interest of our friendship, please ignore my rants!!!!

Please?????

Ah you'll forgive me. I know it!

I may have gone over board, but hey, I just sank about 6 pints at the Simple Minds party and I'm full of fight!

*Just wiki-ing Temple Square so I can know where you mean........*

Okay, now u really have me curious to read your posts...but if you don't want me too, maybe I shouldn't????  But I think curiousity will get the best of me in the end....

Temple Square...sorry....I shouldn't think that everyone knows everything....Temple Square consists of the history of my church (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints....Mormons)....We have the Salt Lake Temple built there (took 40 years to build back in the 1800's and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir)...anyway, it is quite beautiful to see.

6 pints eh....how do you type so good?  Have you seen my typing when I have had  a few...you should ask Bowman about some of my drunken texts!!!

Tracy my girl, you know I luv ya, so read if you must.

I'll just say, that it bug's me when people hold Bono up as a Christ like figure.

Yes he's agreat guy who does amazing stuff, but it just reminds me of the false idols commandment.

He's just a really good bloke.  When peeps start mentioning Bono in the same sentance as casting the first stone, blood-letting etc I find it a bit insulting.

He's a great giving man and a great singer, but too amny people see him as beyond human, when we know that he's a man like the rest of us, who has made mistakes etc.

When you're trying to point out why the website is flawed and you get told to cancel your membership and not cast stones or not judge lest ye be judged,  and you're a big Aussie bloke with a few litres of ale in him, it just makes me groan!

Anyway, I understand Salt Lake City is the main Mormon City yeah? Like the Vatican for our mob?

Have you ever been there before?

I imagine it's quite important to visit there at least once?

I really loved visiting St Patricks Church in NY.

My Mum named me after St Michael and St Patrick (Michael Patrick James), and I must say when I walked in there for Mass I broke down into a bubbling mess. 

But I really felt my Mum there with me. Weird but special

Ahhhh...(((((((Mick)))))...so glad u could visit St. Patrick's Cathedral.....very very special!!

Okay, catching up on your posts...love this one....

"That's %100 fine, and I'm glad they bring you happiness in that regard.

But like many, you see constructive and passionate criticism as some how crucifying your saviour of the people.

That's silly.

Yes Bono's a great bloke who's done some absolutey amazing work for charity.

But he's aslo just a little Irish bloke with an amazing voice, great song-writing skills, and 3 very talented best mates.

Personally I see U2 as a kick-ass rock band.

A big one.

With a shitty website."

Mick, I love Bono...you know it...but not in the way as a Savior...heaven forbid cuz I would definitely go to hell if he were Savior like after all of the naughy thoughts I have had of that sexy man!!! 

And I can see you do your best writing with a few pints.....;-)

[quote name='tracy c. wrote:

mick james']
250px-Salt_Lake_Temple%2C_Utah_-_Sept_2004.jpg

WOW!!!!!

That's an impressive church T!

We don't have a very big Morman population in Oz.  Was it founded in the US?

It's mostly Catholic, Protestant etc here.

We also have a big Muslim population which is probably quite differant than the US.

But for the most part Australia is actually very secular. A lot of people would say they're "something" but not actually attend the respective church.

America seems to be very passionate about religion.

My Mum was of Irish descent (her Dad was from Corke), so we very much so, had a Catholic upbringing.

I'd never tell my Mum, but I'm more into the idea that Baptists, Catholics, Mormans, and then Muslims etc etc are all really striving for the same purpose. Live a good honest life and be good to each other yeah?

(((((Tracy))))))

So beautiful...and I have been there Mick....I studied you know before my mission in Provo, Utah and Brigham Young University.....the temple is a beautiful place. Very peaceful and inspiring. So a good Catholic upbringing :-)....Mormons are Christians, just for the record, not that you did not know that...but I always like to clarify as many say we are not but we are :-).  I was actually raised Baptist and converted when I was 20 years old. Then served a mission in Brazil when I was 22.  Mick, yes, I agree, people of different faiths, when their hearts are right, are all striving to be good ...hence, I love "CoExist"....I loved that part of the Vertigo tour.....Bono was inspired, imo, to share that message.

COEXIST for sure.

Some people found that too much, but it's pretty much what I belive in nowdays.

Really, your religion is often based on your ethnic background too - I'm Catholic because of my family history and Irish background. And that's part of my heritage.

And being Baptist and Mormon is probably a much more likely situation in the South.

It's all for the same goal really isn't it?

I know what you mean though, like Mormons, Catholics get told we're not Christian because we praise Saints etc.

It's funny how often the least Christian peole are Christians themselves.

Well what ever you're doing T, and judging by your lovely family, you're doing pretty well mate.

I'm just planning to be good to my wife and child and live life to the full.

Oh and for anyone else reading, make KICKASS U2 REMIXES!

tracy c.']Marianne and I would be your biggest fans at your gigs...I would line up in the GA just like for U2...and would sure as hell make front rail for ya...!!!!! ;-)....We will be waiting for an autograph copy of your first cd...REALLY.

Okay, Mick the second link for the invitation...I don't see the "write-up" for you...in fact, I think it is the same link as the first invite....or am I looking at it wrong????

http://kathfries.blogspot.../2009_07_01_archive.html

El and I did a radio show for a few years on a popular Sydney alternative station.  We'd do Friday nights from 12am -6am, and we'd pretty mach have a radio station to ourselves for most of that time.

Damn good fun. It's actually really labour intensive to come up with 6 hours of tunes and talk on a Sydney Friday night when loads of peeps were listening /calling up.  But it was so much fun.

We'd play plenty of party tunes/ electronic dance music and then move into the weirder and quiter stuff as the night wnet on. We always played lots of local Sydney music too which was always fun.

Quoting...

"At the exhibition opening, Thursday 30th July 6-8pm, Mick James will be improvising a live tapestry of ephemeral sound-scapes, aurally stitched together with electronic sampling, reworking and remixing. Mick James has worked with FBi 94.5FM and continues to create collages of intriguing sounds from his home studio in Sydney for his fans in Japan and all over the world."

Okay, I am not worthy!!!!....."fans in Japan and all over the world"...Mick u are famous....and I think I remember u telling me about u and Ellie doing the radio stint....wow..6 hours!!!  I need to go to that link you posted from Japan....I haven't looked at that one yet from a few days ago....I was just telling Marianne about it...she was like..."oh my gosh, tell that is awesome"!!!  She is here at work with me cuz she has a doctor's appointment.

Oh, and one more thing about the Bono worshiping...you know something, not that I know Bono at all, but from what I can tell about the "bloke", I don't think he likes being put up on that high of a pedestal...yes, he has an ego, but still don't think he likes being compared to anything messianic (spell???) (messiah like)

mick james wrote:

tracy c.']Marianne and I would be your biggest fans at your gigs...I would line up in the GA just like for U2...and would sure as hell make front rail for ya...!!!!! ;-)....We will be waiting for an autograph copy of your first cd...REALLY.

Quoting...

"At the exhibition opening, Thursday 30th July 6-8pm, Mick James will be improvising a live tapestry of ephemeral sound-scapes, aurally stitched together with electronic sampling, reworking and remixing. Mick James has worked with FBi 94.5FM and continues to create collages of intriguing sounds from his home studio in Sydney for his fans in Japan and all over the world."

Okay, I am not worthy!!!!....."fans in Japan and all over the world"...Mick u are famous....and I think I remember u telling me about u and Ellie doing the radio stint....wow..6 hours!!!  I need to go to that link you posted from Japan....I haven't looked at that one yet from a few days ago....I was just telling Marianne about it...she was like..."oh my gosh, tell that is awesome"!!!  She is here at work with me cuz she has a doctor's appointment.

Oh, and one more thing about the Bono worshiping...you know something, not that I know Bono at all, but from what I can tell about the "bloke", I don't think he likes being put up on that high of a pedestal...yes, he has an ego, but still don't think he likes being compared to anything messianic (spell???) (messiah like)Seriously, could you imagine meeting Yer Man and spouting some of the stuff you hear in here to him?

He'd be embaressed and run very quickly in the other direction.

"Come back my Prince, come back......"

"Ah feck off ya eejit!"

And tell Marianne I think she's the coolest chick in the world.

Yawning at Bono. 

I'll never get over that!

Who yawns at Bono?????roll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

tracy c. wrote:

mick james wrote:

Quoting...

Oh, and one more thing about the Bono worshiping...you know something, not that I know Bono at all, but from what I can tell about the "bloke", I don't think he likes being put up on that high of a pedestal...yes, he has an ego, but still don't think he likes being compared to anything messianic (spell???) (messiah like)
Seriously, could you imagine meeting Yer Man and spouting some of the stuff you hear in here to him?

"Ah feck off ya eejit!"

Yawning at Bono. 

Who yawns at Bono?????roll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

Oh, please the Prince shit.....I would love to hear his response to that....

But with that said...I have said some very very naughty things that I would die if he read...but then again, he may like those comments ;-).....and I would love to sit on that man's lap and have his cap on my head....and it would look much more appropriate for him to have me on his lap than an 18 year old....that was really poor judgement on his part.  Okay, Mick when u are sober, you need to photo shop a pic of me on that girls body sitting on his lap....

Okay, gotta run mate....gotta get Marianne to the doctor......((((((Mick)))))  and I still love you after reading your bloody fantastic posts in the other thread...I laughed.

mick james wrote:

tracy c. wrote:

mick james wrote:

Quoting...

Seriously, could you imagine meeting Yer Man and spouting some of the stuff you hear in here to him?

"Ah feck off ya eejit!"

Yawning at Bono. 

Who yawns at Bono?????
roll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

Oh, please the Prince shit.....I would love to hear his response to that....

But with that said...I have said some very very naughty things that I would die if he read...but then again, he may like those comments ;-).....and I would love to sit on that man's lap and have his cap on my head....and it would look much more appropriate for him to have me on his lap than an 18 year old....that was really poor judgement on his part.  Okay, Mick when u are sober, you need to photo shop a pic of me on that girls body sitting on his lap....

Okay, gotta run mate....gotta get Marianne to the doctor......((((((Mick)))))  and I still love you after reading your bloody fantastic posts in the other thread...I laughed.I'm pissed as a parrot, but saw Simple Minds, and caught up with a great mate! What more could I want??

Love to you and Marianne!

dude if you pm me your email addy, ill attach my songs for you!
Believe it or not Mac, I'm the only person known to man whose U2 email account works perfectly!!!

PMing now bro.

Oh and Simple Minds were a blast. I saw soundcheck, said hello breifly to the band and stood side of stage for the whole show!

Ellie didn't go, as it was work and she's happy at this point to have a bath and go to bed! lol

I got a copy of the setlist which is pretty sweet.

1. Theme for Great Cities

2. Sanctify Yourself

3. Stars Will Lead The Way

4. Waterfront

5. Big Sleep

6. Hypnotised

7. Life in a Day

8. All The Things She Said

9. See The Lights

10. Moscow Underground

11. Real Life

12. Sons And Fascination

13. The American

14. In Trance as Mission

15. Someone Somewhere in Summertime

16. Somebody Up There

17. Once Upon a Time

18. One Step Closer

19. Don't You (Forget About Me)

20. Promised You A Miracle

21. Glittering Prize

22. New Gold Dream

23. Encore:

23. Neon Lights (Kraftwerk cover)

24. Rockets

25. Alive and Kicking

26. Encore 2:

26. Let There Be Love

27. Chelsea Girl

28. Ghostdancing

I didn't know a lot of the songs, I'll admit, but I was amused that they did a cover of Neon Lights which was almost identical to U2s cover of Neon Lights.

Anyway, they've definately still got "it". Great singing and playing, and the Sydney fans loved it!

Managed to have quite a few pints at the after show, and even scored a free cab home!

Good night in all :) :)

thumbsup.gifso glad you liked it Mick!.and I totally agree!.SM still have 'it'!........were you at the after show as well?????.lucky you!thumbsup.gif

MacFoley']dude if you pm me your email addy, ill attach my songs for you!

Believe it or not Mac, I'm the only person known to man whose U2 email account works perfectly!!!

PMing now bro.

let me know if you can open it ok!

and would you put it up somewhere like youtube once we are happy with it?

how about calling it MICKvsMACFOLEY

[quote name='badgirl56 wrote:

mick james']Oh and Simple Minds were a blast. I saw soundcheck, said hello breifly to the band and stood side of stage for the whole show!

Ellie didn't go, as it was work and she's happy at this point to have a bath and go to bed! lol

I got a copy of the setlist which is pretty sweet.

1. Theme for Great Cities

2. Sanctify Yourself

3. Stars Will Lead The Way

4. Waterfront

5. Big Sleep

6. Hypnotised

7. Life in a Day

8. All The Things She Said

9. See The Lights

10. Moscow Underground

11. Real Life

12. Sons And Fascination

13. The American

14. In Trance as Mission

15. Someone Somewhere in Summertime

16. Somebody Up There

17. Once Upon a Time

18. One Step Closer

19. Don't You (Forget About Me)

20. Promised You A Miracle

21. Glittering Prize

22. New Gold Dream

23. Encore:

23. Neon Lights (Kraftwerk cover)

24. Rockets

25. Alive and Kicking

26. Encore 2:

26. Let There Be Love

27. Chelsea Girl

28. Ghostdancing

I didn't know a lot of the songs, I'll admit, but I was amused that they did a cover of Neon Lights which was almost identical to U2s cover of Neon Lights.

Anyway, they've definately still got "it". Great singing and playing, and the Sydney fans loved it!

Managed to have quite a few pints at the after show, and even scored a free cab home!

Good night in all
:)
:)

thumbsup.gifso glad you liked it Mick!.and I totally agree!.SM still have 'it'!........were you at the after show as well?????.lucky you!thumbsup.gif

Mary my girl!!!!!

Mate I'm a lucky boy, and as part of the Entertainment crew at the casino, I got to watch from side of stage - actually went out to some decent seats after a bit, so as to see/ hear better, but it was pretty bloody cool!

Then got to smash down free pints and eat duck pancakes (yeah, me either but they tasted brilliant!) at the after party.  The boys had there own gang and me mates and I were smart enough to leave them alone and just enjoy the vibe.

Not a bad night out for Mick huh????laugh.gif

thanks mick for the links! and i will attach mp3 when i picked up son from school!

im getting excited to hearing what you can do with my songs!

thanks mick for the links! and i will attach mp3 when i picked up son from school!

im getting excited to hearing what you can do with my songs!

Nice!  Mate I already love Cornish electronica, so what's not to be excited about????

Bring it on Mac!

And shout your son an ice cream for me.laugh.gif

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

mick james wrote:

MacFoley']dude if you pm me your email addy, ill attach my songs for you!

PMing now bro.

let me know if you can open it ok!

and would you put it up somewhere like youtube once we are happy with it?

how about calling it MICKvsMACFOLEY

Well unfortunately Mick Foley is already taken!

mick_foley.jpg

And as the man himself would say....

"BANG BANG!!! HAVE A NICE DAY"

thumbsup.gifGood oan ye Mick!.you are very respectful leaving them alone!.although I would have to have ahad a nip at Charlies erse!tongue.gifwink.gif

thumbsup.gifGood oan ye Mick!.you are very respectful leaving them alone!.although I would have to have ahad a nip at Charlies erse!tongue.gifwink.gif

You would have run riot Mary!!!  Charlie had a lady friend with him BTW, but you could have taken her out, I'm sure!

But, It's always best to play it cool -  -that way we had as much as we could drink and filled our hungry bellies with all sorts of fancy treats!!  Only bummer was no photos - that's always the best way to get asked to leave these things, but the memories are all that matters really.

Anyway, we were more excited over Danny "The Green Machine" Green - he's an Aussie who's the boxing Cruiser weight world Champion.  A legend in our parts, he just beat Roy Jones Jr, and he's just an awesome bloke. He's not from Sydney, and he stays at the Casino when he's in town.  We've got to know him a bit and he's the friendliest bloke around! So we hung out with him all night. Great times!

I think you'd like him a bit Mary, World Champion Aussie boy with muscles on his muscles!

r212100_816136.jpg

He visits sick and dieing kids too, bloody champion!

And although I didn't get Jim's autograph, Danny signed a bunch of stuff for my mates and I, all out of his own pocket, which again just showed whatan Aussie legend he is!

We can wait for his next fight, we'll be there with bells on.

So how's that for a night out, backstage with Simple Minds, and eating duck pancakes with the Cruiser Weight Champion of the World!!!

eek.gifeek.gifWOW!!!!!!!!.Im soooooooooooosick.gifsick.gifsick.giftongue.gifwink.gif....next yr I will deffo come and see you while in Sydney Mick!thumbsup.gif

eek.gifeek.gifWOW!!!!!!!!.Im soooooooooooosick.gifsick.gifsick.giftongue.gifwink.gif....next yr I will deffo come and see you while in Sydney Mick!thumbsup.gif

Mate I'm always open to taking somewhere nice in the great city of Sydney!!

I'll have a ween for you to tickle by then too!

((((((Mary)))))))))

Mick, back to mentioning about your fab remixes...

Getting some really good feedback over on facebook!! 

Can't wait for the Muse remix...are u mixing it with several songs are just adding stuff to it?  (suspense is killing me!)

Okay, please tell me...is there a difference between mash up and remix?

Mick, back to mentioning about your fab remixes...

Getting some really good feedback over on facebook!! 

Can't wait for the Muse remix...are u mixing it with several songs are just adding stuff to it?  (suspense is killing me!)

Okay, please tell me...is there a difference between mash up and remix?

Heya T!

A Mash Up is where you combine 2 or more different songs to make one track.  Like the Fly/Nloth one

And a remix is where you reinterpret one song, by adding beats or a different bass-line etc.

As for Muse, I haven't attempted a mash up of a few Muse songs, but I could give it a try!

I've got a few Muse remixes in the works though :)

Looking forward to it...whether it is a Mash-up or a remix...All Marianne and I listen to these days is HAARP....now I am going to try to find the Absolution DVD on Ebay....I did go out and get Showbiz this past week too. I think we have all the major cd's now except for Hullabaloo (not sure if that is the correct spelling). New Born and Stockholm on HAARP are incredible....and Supermassive...I can't sit still everytime I hear that one.

So are u feeling okay...hope u got some rest...u seem to do your best writing with a few pints in ya, mate...;-)

Was catching up in some of the other threads....and have to agree with other zootops that u are very good at expressing your thoughts. A sign of creativity for sure.

Mick, I am off to bed....it is now officially the witching hour and Happy Friday to you....I am a bit pooped..worked both jobs today (what I do for U2....and even with all the rantings....they are still so worth it to me...when they come out on the stage...it is total Euphoria to me and all the shit going on just disappears).

Got an event/party at work tomorrow that I am the lead on....it should be fun tho....one of my co-workers is leaving thanks to my asshole of a boss...and asshole is the nice word I use for him. Can't wait til he leaves or I do...whichever comes first, because I am going to rip him up one side and down the other....the irish language will flow through me when that day comes. Anway, so party tomorrow and then then we are having an all girl party tomorrow night, and he is not invited...going out and we have a hotel rented as well...know what that means!!! Party hard tomorrow night...woohoo! So need it, Mick.

Looking forward to it...whether it is a Mash-up or a remix...All Marianne and I listen to these days is HAARP....now I am going to try to find the Absolution DVD on Ebay....I did go out and get Showbiz this past week too. I think we have all the major cd's now except for Hullabaloo (not sure if that is the correct spelling). New Born and Stockholm on HAARP are incredible....and Supermassive...I can't sit still everytime I hear that one.

So are u feeling okay...hope u got some rest...u seem to do your best writing with a few pints in ya, mate...;-)

Was catching up in some of the other threads....and have to agree with other zootops that u are very good at expressing your thoughts. A sign of creativity for sure.

Mate, I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself this morning I must say.

I start work in about 5 hours, so I'm off for another nap. Working until 7am booooo.

And Hullabaloo is definately worth the purchase.  Mostly B-sides and rare tracks.  I think there's DVD version of it too with a concert in Paris.

And Haarp is great. Awesome crowd, and the bonus CD is handy!

Anyway, I hope I didn't offend anyone last night! I was full of beans, but oh well laugh.gif

I hope you have a lovely weekend with the Fam, T, and I'll do my best to pop in here later in the night when I'm left alone in the office!

((((Tracy)))))

Mick, I am off to bed....it is now officially the witching hour and Happy Friday to you....I am a bit pooped..worked both jobs today (what I do for U2....and even with all the rantings....they are still so worth it to me...when they come out on the stage...it is total Euphoria to me and all the shit going on just disappears).

Got an event/party at work tomorrow that I am the lead on....it should be fun tho....one of my co-workers is leaving thanks to my asshole of a boss...and asshole is the nice word I use for him. Can't wait til he leaves or I do...whichever comes first, because I am going to rip him up one side and down the other....the irish language will flow through me when that day comes. Anway, so party tomorrow and then then we are having an all girl party tomorrow night, and he is not invited...going out and we have a hotel rented as well...know what that means!!! Party hard tomorrow night...woohoo! So need it, Mick.

Have a great party, don't work to hard, and take no notice of that asshole!

And behave yourselves on your girls night!laugh.gif